PDA

View Full Version : Deek!

cabbage07
20-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Everyone knows Deek is one of the best finishers in Scottish fitba so why does hughes not play him there ?

Hibercelona
20-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Because he's done nowt for how many games now? :dunno:

Sean1875
20-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Because he's done nowt for how many games now? :dunno:
Thats cause hes not a left mid.

erin-go-bragh87
20-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I think he should be given a chance up front in his preferred position, the if he is still missing in action then drop him. I think he is a completely different player when he plays up front and might prove a few people on here wrong if given the chance up front, concentrating on what he does best, scoring goals.

Hibercelona
20-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Thats cause hes not a left mid.

Thats no excuse for lack of effort IMO.

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Because he's done nowt for how many games now? :dunno:So, apart from Stokes, who has been performing recently?

Hibercelona
20-02-2010, 05:25 PM
So, apart from Stokes, who has been performing recently?

Nobody.

But whats your point?

Spike Mandela
20-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Anyone at the game got an opinion on whether Gow is a better option than Deek or not?

Sean1875
20-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Hes not got the work rate for a left winger, everyone can see it except Yogi.

bathhibby
20-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Deem is a great talent buthe must understand that it is a Team game and he must contribute more to his defensive game as the first line of defence is our forwards

skipster7
20-02-2010, 05:53 PM
there must be almost a daily thread on deeks:-hes always played left mid/no he hasnt, maybe we should just merge them and sticky it:yawn:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
20-02-2010, 06:01 PM
play him up front with stokes. That's what most fans want - our two best forwards up front! :confused:

Hibby Bairn
20-02-2010, 07:16 PM
As someone said on another thread 'it's a simple game'.

I just don't get this working hard/back tracking gash. Riordan is a striker and a goalscorer. Play him up front with Stokes, give him the ball and let him score.

And leave it to the other 9 players in the team whose job it is to work hard and backtrack.

Simple.

Jonnyboy
20-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Anyone at the game got an opinion on whether Gow is a better option than Deek or not?

Gow showed some good touches Spike but two things were clear

1. He's nowhere near the fitness level needed to play 90 minuutes

2. The partnership with Stokes looked what it was - embryonic

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Riordan would have disappeared in all that sand down the left hand side in the first half, it would have been like a scene from blazing saddles.

essexhibee
20-02-2010, 07:53 PM

Agree totally :top markswether derek is playing at left midfield, centre half or for that matter anywhere on the pitch, he has to give 100%. He has to come of the pitch shattered with nothing left to give. In my opinion to many posters on here defend derek saying he is not a midfielder - True. But that does not in any way warrant him not giving his all. Riordan is a fantatstic player, great finisher, but if he starts thinking he is bigger than Hibernian football club than he should be given a word or too.

I agree with everyone that he should be played in his preferred position, he will be a different player in terms of what he does and the goals he scores than at left midfield. But the manager has decided to put riordan in that position so he has to just get on with it a play as well as he can with as much effort, defending his effort levels just because of where he is playing is not right IMO.