PDA

View Full Version : Yogi get yer heed oot yer erse!

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Why in gods name did he not try to change things when we went 1-0 down?, ffs! why not just **** go for it and put Deek on to try and at least salvage something from this game, is he no clued up about his tactics?, he'd better get himself together and do the right thing when needed, another piss poor display by the sound of it

Get it sorted John!

bornahibby
20-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Seriously starting to worry me with his reluctance to make the right subs.

Down to ten men for most of the game you would think all subs would be used as the guys who started begin to tire.

Only one sub used - I bet Rankin and Stevenson were f-ing delighted to be the midfield in a 4 - 2 - 3 at the end of the game! And guess what happened...

weecounty hibby
20-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Seriously starting to worry me with his reluctance to make the right subs.

Down to ten men for most of the game you would think all subs would be used as the guys who started begin to tire.

Only one sub used - I bet Rankin and Stevenson were f-ing delighted to be the midfield in a 4 - 2 - 3 at the end of the game! And guess what happened...
I bet that Motherwell were delighted that Rankin and Stevenson were in the midfield!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MussyHibby
20-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Still 100% behind Yogi however,

Why no change when we went 1-0 down?
Was it damage limitation at 1-0?
Is the confidence that shredded?
Why no Riordan and/or Benji to replace a defender?
Why no change prior to the goal as one assumes the midfielders would have been over-run?
Was the objective all along a 0-0?

Loads more Q's, but we need to sort this and quick.

CmoantheHibs
20-02-2010, 04:32 PM
We have hit a bad patch and its a test for Yogi,the same as its a test for all Hibees.If anyone expected a season without any blips then they are a little misguided.We just seem to have hit a big blip.1 or 2 weeks and things may look rosier for the faint of heart. This is where we need to pull together instead of spouting negative pish(trust Yogi to make the right decisions,if he doesnt he will be out on his arse and he understands that too and is still learning his trade so needs some support also).We are still in poll position by no accident and given a bit of luck,faith and positivity then come the end of the season things will pan out as we hope.Ive still to meet a poster on here who convinces me he can do a better job than Yogi even though we may all be experts:wink:.I reckon he has done a fantastic job and its an experience that will hopefully serve Yogi and Hibs for many many years.:notworthy:

Spike Mandela
20-02-2010, 04:32 PM
There was at least 5 people on the bench that would have been better than their replacements on the pitch.

IWasThere2016
20-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Poor show again today from Yogi IMHO - what has he learned from the tinkering today? :dunno:

gillythehibby
20-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Just back and saw the team sheet. Looks like yogi a wee bit desperate. What the **** has smith done to get dropped? Aye we got humped the other night, but the same players have seen us through the season. Bad day at the office. Yogi needs to show a wee bit more loyalty. Sure we'll be back on track soon. Keep the faith boys !!

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
20-02-2010, 04:54 PM
The sending of cost us any chance. I want to see if it was merited before judging anybody, we've seen in the past from anti Hibs refs like Dougal, Richmond and Thomson, to name but three, giving ridiculous straight reds to Hibs players.

whereswallace?
20-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Alan Gow looked like he was blowing out his erse with about 20 to go,we definately needed a change.Very poor effort today,Yogi needs to find a better formation.

JimBHibees
20-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Beaten by the worst rankers team in recent memory, a fightback against a dons team that couldn't beat raith over two games and then got humped by falkirk and then to be soundly humiliated against st johnstone. don't think it was a knee jerk reaction more a reaction to poor Hibs displays.
Bet the headline tomorrow will read " we can bounce back from this defeat"

Who just happen to be walking the league.

judas
20-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Why in gods name did he not try to change things when we went 1-0 down?, ffs! why not just **** go for it and put Deek on to try and at least salvage something from this game, is he no clued up about his tactics?, he'd better get himself together and do the right thing when needed, another piss poor display by the sound of it

Get it sorted John!

Hughes is no tactician.

hibbymark
20-02-2010, 06:01 PM
If i had known he was going to play a midfield including Rankin,Stevenson and Cregg i would seriously have thought twice about going today. Gow is clearly nowhere near fit and how that 4 started the game is beyond me. Riorden has been of the boil for a couple of weeks but has effectively been dropped for not performing as a left midfielder which he aint. 2 up front today was a perfect chance to play deek up top with Stokes.Hughes has put the best squad of players outside the old firm together but after over 30 games this season and 2 transfer windows we still have no right back,we dont know our best front 2,the best finisher in scotland is hidden out in left midfield(imagine waldo playing boyd there) and did Galbraith **** in yogis kettle? hes never been near the team since scoring the winner at parkhead.:grr:

davym7062
20-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Beaten by the worst rankers team in recent memory, a fightback against a dons team that couldn't beat raith over two games and then got humped by falkirk and then to be soundly humiliated against st johnstone. don't think it was a knee jerk reaction more a reaction to poor Hibs displays.
Bet the headline tomorrow will read " we can bounce back from this defeat"

what a crock of *****.. rangers have lost 1 in 33 games. dons won 3-0 at tynie and drew 44 with celtic

blackhibee
20-02-2010, 06:25 PM
If i had known he was going to play a midfield including Rankin,Stevenson and Cregg i would seriously have thought twice about going today. Gow is clearly nowhere near fit and how that 4 started the game is beyond me. Riorden has been of the boil for a couple of weeks but has effectively been dropped for not performing as a left midfielder which he aint. 2 up front today was a perfect chance to play deek up top with Stokes.Hughes has put the best squad of players outside the old firm together but after over 30 games this season and 2 transfer windows we still have no right back,we dont know our best front 2,the best finisher in scotland is hidden out in left midfield(imagine waldo playing boyd there) and did Galbraith **** in yogis kettle? hes never been near the team since scoring the winner at parkhead.:grr:

:top marks

davym7062
20-02-2010, 06:27 PM

injured in training

Shrekko
20-02-2010, 06:33 PM

Top post mate.

I felt exactly the same when I saw that 'midfield'. The next time Yogi wants to make a point to under performing players by drafting in the likes of Cregg and Stevenson to replace them then I'd like to know in advance. How often did that pair and Rankin actually find a man in green today? Absolutely woeful, and we have McBride, Zemmama and Riordan sitting on the bench.

Yogi is doing a decent job but this incessant tinkering is really starting to get on my nerves as is the seemingly untouchable nature of some players. If he just stuck with what he was doing when we were doing well then we'd be fine- however we're becoming a bit shambolic in some ways.

brydekirk
20-02-2010, 06:36 PM
We have hit a bad patch and its a test for Yogi,the same as its a test for all Hibees.If anyone expected a season without any blips then they are a little misguided.We just seem to have hit a big blip.1 or 2 weeks and things may look rosier for the faint of heart. This is where we need to pull together instead of spouting negative pish(trust Yogi to make the right decisions,if he doesnt he will be out on his arse and he understands that too and is still learning his trade so needs some support also).We are still in poll position by no accident and given a bit of luck,faith and positivity then come the end of the season things will pan out as we hope.Ive still to meet a poster on here who convinces me he can do a better job than Yogi even though we may all be experts:wink:.I reckon he has done a fantastic job and its an experience that will hopefully serve Yogi and Hibs for many many years.:notworthy:
:agree:

Alfred E Newman
20-02-2010, 06:37 PM
:top marks

To be fair to Yogi he sacrificed his ball players for a midfield more suited to hoofball ,the only way to go on a pitch that was almost unplayable. If Miller had not been harshly sent off I don`t think we would have lost. I would have subbed Gow for Zemmama and left Cregg on. Even although Cregg was toiling when Zemmama came on gaps started to appear and of course the inevitable happened. Poor decisions by Yogi and even worse decisions by a totally incompetent referee. Who was he anyway? I have never seen the clown before and no one at the game seemed to know him either.

bubblesmorrison
20-02-2010, 06:39 PM
1st point by the sounds of it means you where not at the game so dont comment on sumthing you have not seen.

2nd point i think stevenson had a good game today.

3rd point the pitch i know two teams have to play on it but this is rubbish is you have one team playing on a pitch like that every second week vs a team who dose not there is going to be a diffrence.

4th point sending of just a joke.

5th point people come on here and moan and moan about trying to make tha atmosphere at games better today there was a decent hibs support but only a very very small number of them got behind the team. so my question is why do people go to football if they are not going to back there team?