PDA

View Full Version : Graeme Smith

H18sry
20-02-2010, 01:45 PM
I think he has been hard done by getting dropped, for today's game when he has done nothing wrong since signing for us. :confused:

Gatecrasher
20-02-2010, 01:48 PM
I think he has been hard done by getting dropped, for today's game when he has done nothing wrong since signing for us. :confused:

oops wrong option :dizzy: he is hard done by :agree:

Hainan Hibs
20-02-2010, 01:49 PM
If it hadn't been for him the game against St Johnstone could've been 7 or 8 - 1

Dunbar Hibee
20-02-2010, 02:07 PM
He doesn't deserve to be dropped, but its nice to see Stack back:thumbsup:

500miles
20-02-2010, 02:09 PM
There is alot of competition to be fair, but I wouldn't have dropped him.

CraigK
20-02-2010, 02:13 PM
From what i've seen of all four keepers i reckon Smith is the best we've got. Also, in terms of recent performance, no, he doesn't deserve to be dropped.
However, i cant get my head round the fact that he's yet to keep a clean sheet apart from Irvine Meadow?

marinello59
20-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Yogi said pre-match he feels Bamba performs better when he has a keeper who will give him some encouragement / stick etc throughout the game. That's why Stack is in.

ScottB
20-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Probably doesnt deserve it, but we have shipped a lot of goals recently and we have 3 keepers more than capable of playing, so may as well rotate.

Dibben
20-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Think he can feel aggrieved at that, however, if we win, and keep a clean sheet, Graeme can't have a complaint! I think he's a victim of a shoddy defense in front of him!
He'll be back!

BH.

MountcastleHibs
20-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Wrong decision imo. Nothing Smith could do about the goals we've conceded recently, and he saved it from being more against Saints.

Stack is a more than capable replacement however. :agree:

Jamesie
20-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Yogi said pre-match he feels Bamba performs better when he has a keeper who will give him some encouragement / stick etc throughout the game. That's why Stack is in.

Is Yogi deliberately trying to misinterpret things?

Smith is as vocal a keeper as you'll get!

spudhib
20-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Harsh but fair imo.

AndyB_70
20-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Thats a ****ing joke when Bamba and Rankin are still in the team.......

Lofarl
20-02-2010, 02:46 PM
well we were singing Stack praises before he got injured. He's been solid for us when he's played. He deserves his chance. Smiths still a great keeper.

copycat
20-02-2010, 02:57 PM
steady chaps.

Buzz was unwell so looks as though he hasnt recovered.

MussyHibby
20-02-2010, 03:09 PM

Bizarre reason! Wonder how that makes Bamba and Smith feel?

Jamesie
20-02-2010, 04:02 PM
steady chaps.

Buzz was unwell so looks as though he hasnt recovered.

Well enough to be on the bench though? :confused: Bit odd when Mark Brown could have been a sub if Buzz was genuinely ill?

HibeeUnderwood
20-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Although he didn't put a foot wrong, when you consider the competition for the place, conceding 5 goals means that theres a big threat you'll lose your place, and thats just what happened.

Ferry Hibbee
20-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Possible that Yogi has rested Smith rather than allow the possibility of damaging his confidence. If the manager has the confidence that each of his keepers is as good as the others, I see nothing wrong in playing an equal to give the lad a break before there is any media/fan talk of Hibs keeper hoodoo raising its ugly head.The defence is not playing well just now, most probably due to adjustments every week, and Stack is the type of character who will not stand for any s*&^ from the likes of Bamba. It may also help dispel the stories about Stack being finished.

Crab apple
20-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Smith took a hefty knock in the ribs from Gartland of Saints in midweek. don't know if that had anything to do with today's decision. Seems prone to punch away balls into the box but apart from maybe having a wee chance with the first saints goal I thought he was blameless for any of the rest. Indeed he saved us from heavier defeat.

proud_and_green
20-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Possible that Yogi has rested Smith rather than allow the possibility of damaging his confidence. If the manager has the confidence that each of his keepers is as good as the others, I see nothing wrong in playing an equal to give the lad a break before there is any media/fan talk of Hibs keeper hoodoo raising its ugly head.The defence is not playing well just now, most probably due to adjustments every week, and Stack is the type of character who will not stand for any s*&^ from the likes of Bamba. It may also help dispel the stories about Stack being finished.

Can't see that dropping him will do anything other than to confirm to him that the manager thought he was at fault.

The right decision would have been to put him back between the sticks so that any dent his confidence caused by the defeat doesn't become a long term issue.

Wrong decision in my mind.

And by the way, Stacks kicking was woeful, almost every bye kick was either hooked or sliced!! Outstanding save in the first half though.

Jonnyboy
20-02-2010, 07:54 PM

Didn't really work then :greengrin

Maybe Stacky has a deeper voice? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Smith in my opinion done nothing to merit being dropped, but i prefer stack. Stacks kicking is better, he releases the ball earlier, and is just as good as Smith at the other stuff.

Removed
20-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Smith in my opinion done nothing to merit being dropped, but i prefer stack. Stacks kicking is better, he releases the ball earlier, and is just as good as Smith at the other stuff.

I prefer stack as well. He looked really hard with the short sleeved shirt :cool2:

His kicking was pish today though G or maybe it was the players fault for all standing at the wrong side of the pitch :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2010, 08:15 PM
His kicking was pish today though G or maybe it was the players fault for all standing at the wrong side of the pitch :greengrin

I meant length of kicking. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
20-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I meant length of kicking. :greengrin

Oh he kicked it miles - just to the wrong place :greengrin

Removed
20-02-2010, 08:18 PM
i meant length of kicking. :greengrin

oh he kicked it miles - just to the wrong place :greengrin

:lol:

Sir David Gray
20-02-2010, 08:19 PM
I think Stack has been good for us but I really rate Graeme Smith and I think it's totally unfair that he was dropped for today's match. Having seen the highlights of Wednesday's match, if it hadn't been for Smith, it could very well have been eight or nine goals for St Johnstone and he wasn't to blame for any of the five goals that they did score.

Bostonhibby
20-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Thats a ****ing joke when Bamba and Rankin are still in the team.......

:agree: If you are dropping Smith when we lost afew games where he has done very little wrong and in my view saved us from a monumental hamering at St Johnstone we really have to look at a few others as well , Bamba should have been brought back in gradually and has been very unsteady recently, haven't a clue why Hogg has been at full back and apart from a teriffic first Half from Zemmama at Ibrox he and Benji have been no shows.

Odd one to apparently see the way forward as dropping a keeper who has not put a foot wrong given our track record here......

greenlex
20-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Oh he kicked it miles - just to the wrong place :greengrin

Had to laugh.
Stack has the ball in his hands and Hogg is saying to him to stop kicking it into the tattie field up the left and as pointing up the right. Stack promptly sclaffs the kick up the left into the tattie feild. :dizzy:
Bring back Buzz.:greengrin

jacomo
20-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Well enough to be on the bench though? :confused: Bit odd when Mark Brown could have been a sub if Buzz was genuinely ill?

The mystery of our four keepers continues.

Would love an explanation as to why we have so many.

:confused:

Hainan Hibs
20-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Yogi wanted a "school of keepers" (or something like that) so they would improve each other and also provide fierce competition and therefore improve performances.

If you ask me two standard keepers would've been enough after the last ten years:greengrin

erskine-hibby
Smith should not have been dropped.

Removed

We all demanded an explanation when we had 2 pish ones. Now we want an explanantion why we have 4 good ones :greengrin

erskine-hibby
20-02-2010, 11:45 PM
We all demanded an explanation when we had 2 pish ones. Now we want an explanantion why we have 4 good ones :greengrin

Well 3 anyway:greengrin

Removed
20-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Well 3 anyway:greengrin

Aye, I've never see Brown play in a Hibs jersey yet :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Eh...why did we sign Mark Brown?

Steve20
20-02-2010, 11:49 PM
No, just another strange decision by Hughes.

Hainan Hibs
20-02-2010, 11:52 PM
I for one look back with tremendous pride seeing us turn up at Tynecastle with Andy McNeil in goals and Gordon Marshall on the bench.

Smth? Stack? Mark Brown?

It's all going downhill:boo hoo:

erskine-hibby
20-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Aye, I've never see Brown play in a Hibs jersey yet :greengrin

OK 2 then.
I've never seen Maka play in a Hibs jersey also:greengrin

Removed
20-02-2010, 11:58 PM
OK 2 then.
I've never seen Maka play in a Hibs jersey also:greengrin

:faf: I had honestly forgotten about him.

My 4 were Stack, Smith, Brown & Flynn :greengrin

erskine-hibby
21-02-2010, 12:04 AM
:faf: I had honestly forgotten about him.

My 4 were Stack, Smith, Brown & Flynn :greengrin

3 it is then:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Does anyone else find it strange, that the amount of goals we have lost recently is too much, we will all agree on that, yet none have been down to keepers mistakes.:devil:

Franck is God
21-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I was very disappointed that Stack was back in yesterday and not just because Smith didn't deserve to be dropped.

We do have 4 senior keepers at the club right now and yesterday Yogi picked the worst of the four. Stack is another Simon Brown and is destined to finish his career in the lower Engish leagues.

GlesgaeHibby
21-02-2010, 12:39 PM
I was very disappointed that Stack was back in yesterday and not just because Smith didn't deserve to be dropped.

We do have 4 senior keepers at the club right now and yesterday Yogi picked the worst of the four. Stack is another Simon Brown and is destined to finish his career in the lower Engish leagues.

:faf: I love hibs.net for a laugh.

Graham Stack playing at the start of the season saw us at one point, along with Rangers, having the best defensive record in Britain.

Good one Franck.

Franck is God
21-02-2010, 12:49 PM
:faf: I love hibs.net for a laugh.

Graham Stack playing at the start of the season saw us at one point, along with Rangers, having the best defensive record in Britain.

Good one Franck.

Not sure if Stack had much to do with it.

The goalie with the best record this season is Maka but that was clearly just down to luck whereas Stack showed us a masterclass every week....

GlesgaeHibby
21-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Not sure if Stack had much to do with it.

The goalie with the best record this season is Maka but that was clearly just down to luck whereas Stack showed us a masterclass every week....

That's simply not true.

Stack has played 14 games conceding 11 goals, keeping 6 clean sheets. Goals conceded/game is 0.786 with Stack.

Maka has played 7 games, conceded 7 goals and kept 3 clean sheets. Goals conceded/game ratio of 1.

*Stack and Maka share a clean sheet in 2-0 Game at ER vs Falkirk where they both played.

If we look at league games (which is all Maka has played) Stack has conceded 8 in 12 games, which brings his goals conceded/game ratio to 0.667.

But of course, that excellent record is nothing to do with Stack:wink:.

Franck is God
21-02-2010, 01:18 PM
I've decided to be blind to stats that don't back up my point....

I don't rate Stack in the same way that some don't rate Maka or Nish or Rankin or Hogg, I've made up my mind and nothing will change it.

Smith should have kept his place and if he were to be replaced it should have been by Brown, then Maka then Flynn before Stack.

smurf
21-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Terrible decisions thus far from Yogi as Hibs manager;

1, Derek Riordan in left midfield.
2, Dropping Graeme Smith.