PDA

View Full Version : The musings of Csaba Laszlo

Hibbyradge
20-02-2010, 09:00 AM
A colleague of mine met Laszlo in Gatwick airport a week ago.

My colleague lives in Inverness and supports ICT so he has no particular axe to grind with the Yams, but he chatted with him for a good 20 minutes as they waited to board.

Laszlo told him that his sacking had nothing to do with Hearts performances or their results. It was purely because of the Jose Goncalves affair.

Romanov has ordered that Goncalves be frozen out because of his refusal to sign an extension to his contract. Despite this, Laszlo intended to play Goncalves against v St Johnstone and it was this defiance which led him to be sacked. (Laszlo has to name his team in advance so Romanov can give it his seal of approval.)

Laszlo said that Goncalves was far and away the best player at Hearts and his team was basically built around him. Even if there wasn't to be a contract extension, Laszlo wanted his best player in the team for as long as was at the club.

He said that "Hearts have no money for anything". Everything at the club is done hand to mouth.

Jim Jeffries will be sacked sooner rather than later and Ian Black is an average player who will be in and out of the team.

Laszlo loves Edinburgh. His family is settled here and his children are happy at school. He plans to settle here permanently. Even if he gets a job elsewhere, his family will remain.

Bostonhibby
20-02-2010, 09:05 AM
A colleague of mine met Laszlo in Gatwick airport a week ago.

My colleague lives in Inverness and supports ICT so he has no particular axe to grind with the Yams, but he chatted with him for a good 20 minutes as they waited to board.

Laszlo told him that his sacking had nothing to do with Hearts performances or their results. It was purely because of the Jose Goncalves affair.

Romanov has ordered that Goncalves be frozen out because of his refusal to sign an extension to his contract. Despite this, Laszlo intended to play Goncalves against v St Johnstone and it was this defiance which led him to be sacked. (Laszlo has to name his team in advance so Romanov can give it his seal of approval.)

Laszlo said that Goncalves was far and away the best player at Hearts and his team was basically built around him. Even if there wasn't to be a contract extension, Laszlo wanted his best player in the team for as long as was at the club.

He said that "Hearts have no money for anything". Everything at the club is done hand to mouth.

Jim Jeffries will be sacked sooner rather than later and Ian Black is an average player who will be in and out of the team.

Laszlo loves Edinburgh. His family is settled here and his children are happy at school. He plans to settle here permanently. Even if he gets a job elsewhere, his family will remain.

Doubtless this first hand account can al be put down to the SFA's anti Yam conspiracy, everything is fine over in cloud cuckoo land

PaulSmith
20-02-2010, 09:25 AM
If anyone has actually met the guy he is actually very sincere and a very decent guy who was well liked within Tynecastle and Riccarton.

Hibbyradge
20-02-2010, 09:52 AM
If anyone has actually met the guy he is actually very sincere and a very decent guy who was well liked within Tynecastle and Riccarton.

Yes, I was told he was a very pleasant and friendly man.

Caversham Green
20-02-2010, 09:59 AM
So, while Wolves are being fined for not fielding their strongest side, Hearts sack their manager because he did want to field his strongest side.

Who'd be a manager?

Who'd be a yam?

Spike Mandela
20-02-2010, 10:03 AM
He was and is a slavering idiot!!

All of a sudden he meets somebody's mate at an airport and he becomes an erudite, articulate philosopher.

Aye, right:wink:

Jim44
20-02-2010, 10:09 AM
So, while Wolves are being fined for not fielding their strongest side, Hearts sack their manager because he did want to field his strongest side.

Who'd be a manager?

Who'd be a yam?

I've no idea about the truth/accuracy of the OP, but this interpretation of his sacking is not strictly correct. Shabby was sacked for trying to defy the mad eastern European.

KerPlunk
20-02-2010, 11:53 AM
He was and is a slavering idiot!!

All of a sudden he meets somebody's mate at an airport and he becomes an erudite, articulte philosopher.

Aye, right:wink:

Let him without sin etc,................:greengrin

Spike Mandela
20-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Let him without sin etc,................:greengrin

Typo,,,,,,,,honest Guv:embarrass

zlatan
20-02-2010, 12:12 PM
The most likeable Hearts manager there has been in my lifetime, seems to be a nice chap.

Gatecrasher
20-02-2010, 12:15 PM
:agree:

The most likeable Hearts manager there has been in my lifetime, seems to be a nice chap.

Baader
20-02-2010, 12:16 PM

You seem to have forgotten about Graham Rix! :greengrin

GordonR
20-02-2010, 12:25 PM

I thought Robbo was supposed to be a perfectly decent sort?

MWHIBBIES
20-02-2010, 12:28 PM
I feel quite sorry for shabby is the op is true.

DaveSo
20-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Had Goncalves signed a new contract yet ?
Last I heard he was still thinking about it.

The Voice Of Reason
20-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I thought Robbo was supposed to be a perfectly decent sort?

:agree: Robbo is a good guy (hated him while he played for Hearts mind!)