PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods apology

Golden Bear
19-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Long winded, stage managed and repetitive.

Looks like there are no imminent plans for his return but the game of golf will always be far bigger than any individual.

I'll shed no tears that's for sure.

greenlex
19-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Media basically bully him into saying sorry to everyone publicly then get stuck in for stage managing it. The guy should be left alone to get on with saving his marriage. I am sure he has said sorry and begged for forgiveness from his wife and kids a million times. Why the need to do it publicly? Leave the Guy alone I say. He has f@rked his life up and should be left to patch it up as best he can.

DaveF
19-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Media basically bully him into saying sorry to everyone publicly then get stuck in for stage managing it. The guy should be left alone to get on with saving his marriage. I am sure he has said sorry and begged for forgiveness from his wife and kids a million times. Why the need to do it publicly? Leave the Guy alone I say. He has f@rked his life up and should be left to patch it up as best he can.

Did he have to though?

By going public, he gave his critics plenty ammo to slam it for being a stunt and nothing more than an appeasement to his sponsors.

He is more or less damned if he does and damned if he doesn't I guess.

BTW, what was the reason that it had to be done today? Down to the fact he's back in rehab tomorrow?

anon1
19-02-2010, 08:08 PM
:yawn:

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Why is he apolgising?

It's not as if he's cheated on us.

One thing I noticed though was his mum never looked at him. :greengrin

WindyMiller
19-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Why is he apolgising?

It's not as if he's cheated on us.

One thing I noticed though was his mum never looked at him. :greengrin

Because he's a Corporation, similar to Toyota having to keep their customers and dealerships sweet.

Golden Bear
20-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Did he have to though?

By going public, he gave his critics plenty ammo to slam it for being a stunt and nothing more than an appeasement to his sponsors.

He is more or less damned if he does and damned if he doesn't I guess.

BTW, what was the reason that it had to be done today? Down to the fact he's back in rehab tomorrow?

The fact that the public apology took place in the middle of the World matchplay Tournament has irked a number of people as they are of the opinion that this was a deliberate attempt by Tiger to divert some of the attention away from the tournament.

The Tournament sponsor (Accenture) were previously one of Tiger's main backers but withdrew their support following the revelations about his numerous affairs.

Hence the annoyance that Tiger may have had an ulterior motive to hit back at Accenture.

KerPlunk
20-02-2010, 10:56 AM
The real story is here :-

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/tiger_woods_announces_return_to?utm_source=onion_r ss_daily

:devil:

hibiedude
20-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Because he's a Corporation, similar to Toyota having to keep their customers and dealerships sweet.

If we don't buy into Tiger as you say the Corporation that pays this guy Millions will drop him like a brick.

He was told to apologise because we buy the product he advertises it really is that simple

Playing Golf alone hasn’t earned him close to billion dollars its all advertising