PDA

View Full Version : Whats Hibs players would get a game for Scotland?

aazza91
19-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Of our current squad who do you think would get a game for Scotland if they were Scottish? e.g Chris Hogg, Zemamma and so on.

Personally I think Hogg would be up there pushing for a starting place, along with the obvious ones like Bamba, Miller and Stokes.

LamontHFC©
19-02-2010, 04:55 PM
No dang Hogg.

Golden Bear
19-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Of our current squad who do you think would get a game for Scotland if they were Scottish? e.g Chris Hogg, Zemamma and so on.

Personally I think Hogg would be up there pushing for a starting place, along with the obvious ones like Bamba, Miller and Stokes.

On current form Graeme Smith deserves a mention.

Sylar
19-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Smith - playing well just now, but I wouldn't think so.
Stack - no.
Brown - erm, he's not even making our bench, so no!

Wotherspoon - certainly an U21 call up wouldn't be a surprise.
Hogg - any worse than Caldwell (either)? Probably still a no for me.
Bamba - no chance!
Hanlon - again, an U21 deserving (and perhaps expected)?
Murray - bit on the slow side for me - committment can't be questioned, and he's hard as nails, but nah. He manages the SPL well, but a decent international quality winger with a bit of pace would destroy him.
Thicot - nope.

Cregg - no.
McBride - no - he's great for us at breaking up play/passing the ball, but it's similar to Fletcher's role.
Miller - yep - usually a very comfortable player on the ball and has great vision.
Stevenson - no.
Zemmama - on his day, definately - on a winters' day, definately not (lot of competition for his place too)
Rankin - no.
Gow - no.

Riordan - as a starter, no - off the bench? Maybe. Isn't having a great season this year, though I'm aware he's out of position - looks a little slow and down on confidence.
Stokes - good finisher, but zero pace. We don't have many natural strikers though, so as with Riordan, perhaps as a squad member.
Galbraith - if he were playing more regularly, perhaps another U21 prospect?
Benji - far too streaky for me.
Nish - much better, similar type players ahead of him.

CallumLaidlaw
19-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Stack - no.

Bamba - no chance!
Murray - bit on the slow side for me - committment can't be questioned, and he's hard as nails, but nah. He manages the SPL well, but a decent international quality winger with a bit of pace would destroy him.
Thicot - nope.

Cregg - no.
McBride - no - he's great for us at breaking up play/passing the ball, but it's similar to Fletcher's role.
Miller - yep - usually a very comfortable player on the ball and has great vision.
Stevenson - no.
Zemmama - on his day, definately - on a winters' day, definately not (lot of competition for his place too)
Rankin - no.
Gow - no.

Riordan - as a starter, no - off the bench? Maybe. Isn't having a great season this year, though I'm aware he's out of position - looks a little slow and down on confidence.
Stokes - good finisher, but zero pace. We don't have many natural strikers though, so as with Riordan, perhaps as a squad member.

:wink: http://sport.scotsman.com/international/Young-Hibs-duo-in-Scotland.6083524.jp

Golden Bear
19-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Stack - no.

Bamba - no chance!
Thicot - nope.

Cregg - no.
Stevenson - no.
Rankin - no.
Gow - no.

Fair comment --------- but I disagree that Stokes has zero pace. He's not lightening quick but he's far from being a slouch either.

Rory89
19-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Clearly none of them. Hogg? LOLocaust.

aazza91
19-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Clearly none of them. Hogg? LOLocaust.

I wouldn't say hogg is any worse than Caldwell or McManus. I would have Berra ahead of all of them but Hoggy would be a good squad member to have.

Rory89
19-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't say hogg is any worse than Caldwell or McManus. I would have Berra ahead of all of them but Hoggy would be a good squad member to have.

Sorry but he gets berated on here time after time and now he's good enough for Scotland.

Hibs fans make the mistake of assuming players who are highly rated for us (Hogg isn't even that) are better than players who are poorly rated at better teams.

I don't rate Caldwell or McManus, but they are both better players than Hogg.

aazza91
19-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Sorry but he gets berated on here time after time and now he's good enough for Scotland.

Hibs fans make the mistake of assuming players who are highly rated for us (Hogg isn't even that) are better than players who are poorly rated at better teams.

I don't rate Caldwell or McManus, but they are both better players than Hogg.

Hogg has been one of our best players over the last few seasons Imo. He makes the odd mistake but who doesn't. He's good in the air even though he ain't the tallest, solid in the tackle and as a player has never let us down.

ronaldo7
19-02-2010, 06:10 PM

Berra:faf:

Have you watched him recently...he's mince. Found out big time in the EPL

Franck is God
19-02-2010, 09:02 PM
if nationality wasn't an issue several of our players have the quality to be part of the Scotland set up.

As Bamba is the only Hibs player going to the world cup in the summer I think he would be there.

Miller would be in the squad as would Zemmama & Stokes.

Spoony & Hanlon will both play for Scotland in the next few years, be surprised if they don't.

Jim44
19-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Stack - no.

Bamba - no chance!
Thicot - nope.

Cregg - no.
Stevenson - no.
Rankin - no.
Gow - no.

Ironic that a player who is likely to be a member of one of the top ten favourites to win the World Cup might be considered not good enough to get a game for the mighty Scotland. :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 10:59 PM
:wink: http://sport.scotsman.com/international/Young-Hibs-duo-in-Scotland.6083524.jp

Gotta be a mis-print.

Where are all the young Yams who we keep hearing about. :confused:

blackhibee
19-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Hogg has been one of our best players over the last few seasons Imo. He makes the odd mistake but who doesn't. He's good in the air even though he ain't the tallest, solid in the tackle and as a player has never let us down.

As you said, that's your opinion.

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2010, 11:06 PM

Stokes is ten times the player Kenny Miller is. :agree:

bubblesmorrison
19-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Stack - no.

Bamba - no chance!
Thicot - nope.

Cregg - no.
Stevenson - no.
Rankin - no.
Gow - no.

:confused:

Sir David Gray
19-02-2010, 11:39 PM
If playing to their full potential, the following Hibs players would be good enough for Scotland;

Smith
Wotherspoon
Zemmama
Miller
Stokes
Riordan

Allant1981
20-02-2010, 12:49 AM
If playing to their full potential, the following Hibs players would be good enough for Scotland;

Smith
Wotherspoon
Zemmama
Miller
Stokes
Riordan

i'd throw in benji also, on his day one of the best attacking players in the country. A lot better than kenny miller or the sheep fud lee miller

TRC
20-02-2010, 01:17 PM
What about Maka:confused:

Brando7
20-02-2010, 02:23 PM
What about Maka:confused:

wot about him :greengrin

ScottB
20-02-2010, 02:26 PM
This got me thinking, you could probably field a decent Scotland team entirely composed of current or ex Hibs players...

Smith

Whittaker Caldwell Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon Brown Thompson Riordan

Fletcher O'Connor

Not too bad actually!

hibee-shtuggie
20-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Stack - no.

Bamba - no chance!
Thicot - nope.

Cregg - no.
Stevenson - no.
Rankin - no.
Gow - no.

stokes has no pace?? hes not the fastest but hes no slouch, bad shout.