PDA

View Full Version : BBC Alba, Sat 8pm.

MussyHibby
19-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Already got the wife and the daughter telt. Me and the wee man are watching the cabbage roar back to form against the 'Well.

Crisps and joob joobs are already sourced.:agree:

Alex Trager
19-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Already got the wife and the daughter telt. Me and the wee man are watching the cabbage roar back to form against the 'Well.

Why not go

SRHibs
19-02-2010, 11:47 AM
This was my plan for the St Johnstone game. Gave in to temptation and ended up checking the half time score though, and thank God I did.:wink:
Think I'll just listen, then watch if we win, just to be on the safe side.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
19-02-2010, 11:49 AM

Good skills - I'll dae the same :thumbsup:

AMON (TAE ****) THE HIBEES! :thumbsup:

Delboy4
19-02-2010, 11:50 AM
We never usually turn up when we are on the Sheep TV...! :grr:

Crap v the Sheep
humped v the Saints

Can't remember how we've got on in other games?

Alex Trager
19-02-2010, 11:51 AM
We never usually turn up when we are on the Sheep TV...! :grr:

Crap v the Sheep
humped v the Saints

Can't remember how we've got on in other games?
beat the sheep two nil at ER ***** game though

Baw187
19-02-2010, 11:51 AM
This was my plan for the St Johnstone game. Gave in to temptation and ended up checking the half time score though, and thank God I did.:wink:
Think I'll just listen, then watch if we win, just to be on the safe side.:greengrin

I resisted temptaion to check the score, got myself all excited, made myself a cup of tea and some shortbread, and sat down at 9.55 to watch it.

Then some Yam tube from my work sent me a text saying 'pumped' which sent me in to a two fold rage. Firstly that he had ruined the excitment I had built up in the lead up to the game, and secondly that we had indeed, got pumped.

SRHibs
19-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I resisted temptaion to check the score, got myself all excited, made myself a cup of tea and some shortbread, and sat down at 9.55 to watch it.

Then some Yam tube from my work sent me a text saying 'pumped' which sent me in to a two fold rage. Firstly that he had ruined the excitment I had built up in the lead up to the game, and secondly that we had indeed, got pumped.

I got a message as well after about 20 minutes. Never checked it, but I had an inkling it may be about us getting humped.:greengrin
At least he saved you wasting your time I suppose.:wink:

MussyHibby
19-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Why not go

Oh I will, and that's how I will know we have roared back to form!:agree:

Alex Trager
19-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh I will, and that's how I will know we have roared back to form!:agree:
Well thats fine, i just find it annoying people that dont go to the games and come on and criticise , i mean away games btw

SRHibs
19-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Well thats fine, i just find it annoying people that dont go to the games and come on and criticise , i mean away games btw
You're only allowed to have an opinion if you go to the game?

lyonhibs
19-02-2010, 11:58 AM

:faf: :faf: So if you can't make it to an away game, you automatically forfeit any right to have an opinion on that performance??

:confused:

Alex Trager
19-02-2010, 12:00 PM
You're only allowed to have an opinion if you go to the game?
no but you get people that come and have a go at things i.e. crowd sizes ,that only turn up for big games, and people that sit at home waiting listening,why not go and back the team wherever they are not just yamville hampden ibrox or parkhead

Sergey
19-02-2010, 12:01 PM
I've just been speaking to a contributor to these forums who's got an un-watched recording of Wednesday's match in Perth.

He'll probably give it away free to a good home!!

MSK
19-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Well thats fine, i just find it annoying people that dont go to the games and come on and criticise , i mean away games btwIs it ok wi you if i miss the game on Sat please ...just that i dont wanna lose my right of opinion on here likes ..:rolleyes:

Alex Trager
19-02-2010, 12:03 PM

:faf: :faf: So if you can't make it to an away game, you automatically forfeit any right to have an opinion on that performance??

no but you get people that come and have a go at things i.e. crowd sizes ,that only turn up for big games, and people that sit at home waiting listening,why not go and back the team wherever they are not just yamville hampden ibrox or parkhead

Is it ok wi you if i miss the game on Sat please ...just that i dont wanna lose my right of opinion on here likes ..:rolleyes:

read the bold

brythehibby

Eh? Hows that then?

If you dont go to games your not allowed to comment? I never went on wed, does that mean i have to say we were brilliant?

Alex Trager
Eh? Hows that then?

If you dont go to games your not allowed to comment? I never went on wed, does that mean i have to say we were brilliant?

look above

SRHibs
19-02-2010, 12:04 PM

For a start, how does this even apply to this thread?

"Well thats fine, i just find it annoying people that dont go to the games and come on and criticise" to Mussyhibby. How condescending do you want to be?

Anyway, I'm not going to the game at Motherwell for a number of reasons, although the main one being that I simply can't afford it. I'll be sure not to post any personal opinions after the game though. Don't want to irk you.

MussyHibby
19-02-2010, 12:04 PM

Apart from the other quite correct responses you've had to your comments, what made you think I couldn't go to the game, be back home for 8pm (with my joob joobs) and be positive? :confused:

brythehibby
19-02-2010, 12:05 PM

And what if said people are sitting at home jobless/looking after kids/working etc etc cant make it does that mean there not fans? Away ye go.

Im sure if every hibby could get to every game they'd be there every week but its not possible!

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 12:05 PM
So I need to say nothing this week due to being in Englandshire, with the kids on half term, at the Mother in Laws :boo hoo:

Alex Trager
19-02-2010, 12:06 PM
For a start, how does this even apply to this thread?

"Well thats fine, i just find it annoying people that dont go to the games and come on and criticise" to Mussyhibby. How condescending do you want to be?

Anyway, I'm not going to the game at Motherwell for a number of reasons, although the main one being that I simply can't afford it. I'll be sure not to post any personal opinions after the game though. Don't want to irk you.
oh you wont be 'irking' me and for what its worth you could get in for fourteen pound instead of twenty two which is better than full price buti do appreciate its still expensive

Alex Trager
19-02-2010, 12:07 PM
And what if said people are sitting at home jobless/looking after kids/working etc etc cant make it does that mean there not fans? Away ye go.

Im sure if every hibby could get to every game they'd be there every week but its not possible!

ie me
thats not at home

MSK
19-02-2010, 12:07 PM
read the boldIve read the bit in bold "crowd sizes"...aye ..so what does that have to do with someone not attending but who has an opinion on the game..?...:confused:

Alex Trager
19-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Apart from the other quite correct responses you've had to your comments, what made you think I couldn't go to the game, be back home for 8pm (with my joob joobs) and be positive? :confused:
what's this?
and nothing i just automatically assumed -wrongly- i do sincerely apologise

Alex Trager
19-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Ive read the bit in bold "crowd sizes"...aye ..so what does that have to do with someone not attending but who has an opinion on the game..?...:confused:
it doesn't i never said that

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 12:10 PM
So I need to say nothing this week due to being in Englandshire, with the kids on half term, at the Mother in Laws :boo hoo:

Never mind..when I'm back and at ER for Saints match and posting on the match thread from my Blackberry - I hope others realise thats its only my view that counts properly:agree:

:wink:

brythehibby
19-02-2010, 12:11 PM
ie me
thats not at home

My point is no one has to justify themselves for not going to games, and should be allowed to comment regardless. Most people that dont go get a good summary via radio/tv to give their opinions, good or bad.

SRHibs
ie me
thats not at home

So because YOU can make it to the games when you don't have a job, that automatically means everyone else can?:bitchy::bye:

Digging a hole for yourself here I think...

MSK
it doesn't i never said thatThe bit in bold ..post 16 ..

Alex Trager
Never mind..when I'm back and at ER for Saints match and posting on the match thread from my Blackberry - I hope others realise thats its only my view that counts properly:agree:

someone likes a wee show off?

MussyHibby
19-02-2010, 12:12 PM
what's this?
and nothing i just automatically assumed -wrongly- i do sincerely apologise

Joob joobs are boiled sweeties, mibbies only remembered by us old guys.
Talking of age, you're showing yours!:wink: Now scarper, you're losing the battle.

Alex Trager
19-02-2010, 12:13 PM
My point is no one has to justify themselves for not going to games, and should be allowed to comment regardless. Most people that dont go get a good summary via radio/tv to give their opinions, good or bad.
but my point is not on the match , i do realise that it was an inappropriate place to put this point over but i'm not talkin about peoples opinions on the games

ArabHibee
19-02-2010, 12:13 PM

That's all well and good but you must state on each of your posts that it was sent from your Blackberry. Probably an idea to put your seat number in as well, just incase someone wants to check that you are indeed at the match. :greengrin

MussyHibby
19-02-2010, 12:15 PM
That's all well and good but you must state on each of your posts that it was sent from your Blackberry. Probably an idea to put your seat number in as well, just incase someone wants to check that you are indeed at the match. :greengrin

Will always say that on the bottom of a blackberry message............so we can tell if he's porky pieing!:wink:

brythehibby
19-02-2010, 12:17 PM
but my point is not on the match , i do realise that it was an inappropriate place to put this point over but i'm not talkin about peoples opinions on the games

So what is your point?

Originally Posted by Seanduff

You said its annoying that people criticise without having been at the game :confused:

Andy74
19-02-2010, 12:17 PM
I've not been able to make the last couple of Alba covered games but have been able to avoid the score and watch them later. Both times we've been two down before I've known what's happening.

Not doing it again!

ArabHibee
19-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't think Sean is articulating himself very well. He appears to be saying that one of the things he doesn't like is when people come on here criticising the size of the crowd at home or away games who haven't actually gone to the game, for whatever reason.

He can confirm if I have got this wrong.

hibbymac
19-02-2010, 12:21 PM
A great example of why some people should "quit while they're behind"..... now where did I put my Joob Joobs :confused:

munchar
19-02-2010, 12:29 PM

Being in England at the mother-in-laws, maybe a good idea to say nothing! :greengrin

The Sea-gull
19-02-2010, 12:43 PM
In relation to much of what has already been posted, people who have actually been at the game or watched it on tv/internet usually have a more representative opinion on the game.

Anyone else passing comment is doing so based on what they have heard on the radio or from people who did see the game, read in the newspapers or on message boards like this.

They are entitled to an opinion too.

What I hate is when people start demanding to know why others were not at the game as if this makes them a superior fan. There are many reasons for not going to games and those have been done to death on here before.

That said, anyone who can afford to go, is fit enough to go and has the time to go should always be there IMHO as that's what supporting your team is all about.

Sadly, like many others, although I have a season ticket I fall into one or more of the above categories and can't get along as often as I would like but doesn't mean I want the results any less than those who are there

SquashedFrogg
19-02-2010, 02:33 PM
I haven't read this thread completely but I have just found a bag of joob joobs. Does anyone know who's they are?

Hibs90
19-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Think he means if you can afford it and it's possible for you to go to the game but you choose not to then why not back the team.

sadtom
19-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Anyone got a clue as to whether Virgin are any closer to agreeing a deal to show Alba?
I mean how hard can it be to negotiate? Its not as if its a multi billion pound deal.

Lucius Apuleius
19-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Hmmmm, joob joobs, choob choobs, boob boobs, like the train of thought here:agree:

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I will have to leave fir park early on Saturday, to get back in time for the start of this programme. :grr:

brythehibby
19-02-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm will have to leave fir park early on Saturday, to get back in time for the start of this programme. :grr:

Sorry BH never read that properly!

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 03:35 PM

I am in agreement with the OP. A brilliant idea. Don't know why nobody thought of this before. :bitchy:

I would even go as far as having a scan of away match ticket or train/bus ticket as your avatar otherwise stick to the dug out etc. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm will have to leave fir park early on Saturday, to get back in time for the start of this programme. :grr:

Why not just record it and stay until the end. :wink:

In fact I still have the St Johnstone game from the other night on my Sky+ if anyone wants a copy. :devil:

brythehibby
19-02-2010, 03:38 PM
I am in agreement with the OP. A brilliant idea. Don't know why nobody thought of this before. :bitchy:

I would even go as far as having a scan of away match ticket or train/bus ticket as your avatar otherwise stick to the dug out etc. :greengrin

How can you critisice a post without even starting the thread! :grr:
:greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 03:39 PM
How can you critisice a post without even starting the thread! :grr:

So you have to start the thread before you can slag it. Gotcha.

brythehibby
19-02-2010, 03:41 PM
eh?

As in how can you criticise the team if you don't go, a joke on the OP

brythehibby
19-02-2010, 03:42 PM
So you have to start the thread before you can slag it. Gotcha.

There was me thinking it was a rubbish joke :greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 03:43 PM
There was me thinking it was a rubbish joke :greengrin

Just in from work so will take me a few cups of coffee before I am on the ball.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Sorry BH never read that properly!

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 03:47 PM

I'm guessing that he criticised you then quickly edited his post. :wink:

brythehibby
19-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm guessing that he criticised you then quickly edited his post. :wink:

Not at all, I thought BH meant he'd have to leave early to Get back on here, I made a remark about getting a blackberry then and realised he meant the game on alba.

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Not at all, I thought BH meant he'd have to leave early to Get back on here, I made a remark about getting a blackberry then and realised he meant the game on alba.

A Blackberry!!!! BH has just got used to using a fax machine. :devil:

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 03:57 PM
A Blackberry!!!! BH has just got used to using a fax machine. :devil:

A fax machine, paa, i'm thinking of getting a mobile phone this year.:greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 04:00 PM
A fax machine, paa, i'm thinking of getting a mobile phone this year.:greengrin

Sure to impress these "loose" women who visit Blackpool. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 04:01 PM

False name and numbers, that's the way forward.:wink:

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 04:04 PM
False name and numbers, that's the way forward.:wink:

So that's what folk mean when they ask if you've taken precautions. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 04:07 PM
So that's what folk mean when they ask if you've taken precautions. :wink:

That's the one.:thumbsup:

Removed
19-02-2010, 04:09 PM

It's just so he can text his new pal from Durham :wink:

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 04:12 PM
It's just so he can text his new pal from Durham :wink:

:agree: Bet you "Slipperman" is on speed dial. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 04:37 PM

RoryMac
19-02-2010, 06:37 PM
has anyone managed to watch the games on BBC Alba on BBCiplayer?

Allant1981
19-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Joob joobs are boiled sweeties, mibbies only remembered by us old guys.
Talking of age, you're showing yours!:wink: Now scarper, you're losing the battle.

Hey, im no old guy and i know what they are!

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
19-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Can this be watched on BBC iplayer? i'm really peed off that vrigin media STILL don't have this:grr::grr:

ArabHibee
19-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Can this be watched on BBC iplayer? i'm really peed off that vrigin media STILL don't have this:grr::grr:

Nope.

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 07:32 PM

:faf:

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Will always say that on the bottom of a blackberry message............so we can tell if he's porky pieing!:wink:

Nah you can get on the server and change it or even delete the service provider message.

Would love to hack some ones and change it too...Sent from my blackberry while watching poor quality Danish porn :greengrin

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Being in England at the mother-in-laws, maybe a good idea to say nothing! :greengrin

:paranoid: how do you know that

PatHead
19-02-2010, 07:49 PM
My son watched BBC Alba on that new fangled internet thing. Hed giggled it.

ALF TUPPER
19-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Watchin Hibees win on the telly on a Saturday night. Teachin the bairns about their heritage and joob joobs.

Disnae get any better :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 08:16 PM

Its called illegal streaming :agree:

I'm_cabbaged
19-02-2010, 08:19 PM
:paranoid: how do you know that

'cause you told everyone earlier on in the thread? :confused:

I'm_cabbaged
19-02-2010, 08:21 PM

So if he giggles that much that he starts streaming, it's illegal?

Allant1981
19-02-2010, 08:48 PM

no its not

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 08:51 PM
no its not

Oh yes it is - its like a Panto:greengrin

Allant1981
19-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Oh yes it is - its like a Panto:greengrin

He's behind you!! The channel the person is referring to is prob tv catch up which just now is still legal

FranckSuzy
19-02-2010, 08:56 PM
You can watch it on your PC here (depending on the result!) :offski:

http://zattoo.com/ (http://zattoo.com/)

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 09:00 PM
He's behind you!! The channel the person is referring to is prob tv catch up which just now is still legal

Aye but Alba is heavily restricted - not that I agree with that - and so the quality of any where you can see it is not great.

Don't see why they can't just show it on STV - maybe not advertise which match to stop drain on crowd at a particular match - as there is a need to promote the SPL to a wider audiance...maybe even a transmission on itv2 later in the week to give exposure to sponsors and bring in more revenue....

Bit too foresighted I know

Allant1981
19-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Aye but Alba is heavily restricted - not that I agree with that - and so the quality of any where you can see it is not great.

Don't see why they can't just show it on STV - maybe not advertise which match to stop drain on crowd at a particular match - as there is a need to promote the SPL to a wider audiance...maybe even a transmission on itv2 later in the week to give exposure to sponsors and bring in more revenue....

Bit too foresighted I know

That would mean people who control football in scotland would actually have to use their brain which is never going to happen

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 09:11 PM
That would mean people who control football in scotland would actually have to use their brain which is never going to happen

good point:boo hoo: