PDA

View Full Version : Six match ban for Yogi (merged)

NaeTechnoHibby
19-02-2010, 01:43 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-hindered-by--.6087162.jp

Jeezo, that's harsh :bitchy:

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-02-2010, 01:46 AM
:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo: Worst nite for a loooooooong time.

zlatan
19-02-2010, 01:56 AM
3 match ban for Nish, so every cloud and all that I suppose.

kidding, kidding.

Marabou Stork
19-02-2010, 01:58 AM
This will surely be appealed against.

Drastic news in any case though.

NaeTechnoHibby
19-02-2010, 02:05 AM
3 match ban for Nish, so every cloud and all that I suppose.

kidding, kidding.

As his was an points thingy, that his problem :bitchy:

Yogi's is a managerial thing, dished out all and sundry, except to the OF managers :bitchy:

Why should your past be brought up with another club, who were toiling, when you have done absolutely nothing untowards with his current club??

:bitchy:

Billychaotic182
19-02-2010, 02:26 AM
That is total ott!

Its the SFAs way of gettin us out the top 2. Cant have a team thats not rangers or celtic in the top 2 now can we!

*****in joke!

TRC
19-02-2010, 02:36 AM
To be fair Yogi should never have said a word, six matches is harsh but again Yogi should know the rules. If a player did the same Yogi would fine them and have a few stern words. Very harsh though

Hainan Hibs
19-02-2010, 07:40 AM
SFA are a joke.

hibbymark
19-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Bit over the top! Will he have to sit in the death trap at the p.b.s beside THEM?

Calvin
19-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Ross County
Hearts
Dundee United
Celtic

All very, very important games but his unprofessional streak got in the way there. Shocking.

Jim44
19-02-2010, 08:53 AM
No point in dwelling and moaning about it. If we go into a period of mourning and feeling sorry for ourselves it will work it's way on to the park and we'll end up haemorrhaging poits and goals. This setback should be used as a positive and proactive tool to give that wee bit extra all round.

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2010, 08:54 AM
All very, very important games but his unprofessional streak got in the way there. Shocking.

Unprofessional?!

How come it's 6 matches anyway - was he on a suspended sentence or something? His 1st red of the season and he gets a 6 matcher! So much for the lostcountofhowmanypointsback.co.uk view that he's an SFA "golden boy"!!

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Given Yogi's previous it was silly to get embroiled over the 4th goal, bourne out of frustration.....

Beefster
19-02-2010, 09:08 AM
That is total ott!

Its the SFAs way of gettin us out the top 2. Cant have a team thats not rangers or celtic in the top 2 now can we!

*****in joke!

Aye, let's go all 12pointsback.co.uk and claim it's a SFA conspiracy. Except we're not in 2nd place and don't need the SFA's help to stop us from finishing there.

Unprofessional?!

How come it's 6 matches anyway - was he on a suspended sentence or something? His 1st red of the season and he gets a 6 matcher! So much for the lostcountofhowmanypointsback.co.uk view that he's an SFA "golden boy"!!

Pretty much. Apparently had a couple of run-ins with referees at Falkirk.

An Leargaidh
19-02-2010, 09:31 AM
I really like Yogi and respect his experience and where he has brought the team this season but he should know he is now in a position where he should lead by example. He cannot criticise Nish one bit when he also got effectively sent off.

Yogi maybe you should take some Kalms before the match eh? The silly thing is, and I know someone else already mentioned it, but it was after the fourth goal so WTF Yogi? It wasn't worth it for that. It wasn't a cup final... :bitchy:

Expecting Rain
19-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Yogi gets a six week ban while Boyd gets away with a yellow card for obstruction instead of a retrospective red, says it all really.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2010, 09:40 AM
That is total ott!

*****in joke!

I don't think the SFA will be having too many sleepless nights about that! :boo hoo:

matty_f
19-02-2010, 09:42 AM
It's a ban that is massively out of proportion to the offence(s).

Brutal decision, IMHO.

Delboy4
19-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Ok, Yogi shouldn't have done what he done but it was a very frustrating night for all.

BUT,

the SFA are a bunch of W*ankers, why does our manager get a 6 match ban for shouting when Walter Smith got 4 for goin' berserk at Killie?

Googled Smith's ban just now and maybe have an explanation - :grr:

RANGERS manager Walter Smith faces a four-game ban starting with next month's Old Firm clash if found guilty of misconduct for his sending off in Saturday's draw at Kilmarnock.

Smith was sent to the stands on Saturday for reacting furiously to Killie players he mistakenly thought were trying to encourage referee Steve Conroy to show Pedro Mendes a second yellow card.

Smith admitted after the game he was in the wrong for the incident and looks unlikely to appeal if charged by the SFA.

And the governing body today confirmed Smith will face a four-match touchline ban should he be found guilty.

Under the SFA's disciplinary rules, the Ibrox gaffer faces an automatic two-match touchline ban beginning 14 days from the incident in question.

** However, two games are added to the punishment for every prior case of misconduct during the previous three years. **

But with another club...:confused:

Jones28
19-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Bit over the top! Will he have to sit in the death trap at the p.b.s beside THEM?

Nahh, it said he has to sit in the stand, but it didnt say which stand, lets all get him a ticket for the Hibs end :greengrin

scoopyboy
19-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

I've never understood how managers can get a proper view of the game from a dug out.

Sitting in an elevated position in the stand might give him a better perspective of how the midfield gets overrun.

Plus a lot of players and fans (on this board) have been reported as saying that some of the things he shouts at players from the dug out / technical area are ridiculous.

essexhibee
19-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Bloody hell thats a tad harsh. I think are season may hang in the balance at the minute. As for the scottish cup. Thats going to be a big, BIG ask now if it wasnt already before.

Westie1875
19-02-2010, 10:31 AM
6 matches is way OTT, SFA are a joke.

Bristolhibby
19-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Why dont we just sit Yogi in a seat just behind the dugout. Ask whoever is there to move for 6 weeks and give them center stand tickets with a free lunch for the games that they will miss.

That way Yogi can still shout at the team, and wont be in the technical area.

Seemples.

J

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Why dont we just sit Yogi in a seat just behind the dugout. Ask whoever is there to move for 6 weeks and give them center stand tickets with a free lunch for the games that they will miss.

That way Yogi can still shout at the team, and wont be in the technical area.

Seemples.

J

That's what happens at Chelsea. There's a wee bit behind the dugout that's for staff and that anyway I think - no need to move anyone seats.

freddie m
19-02-2010, 11:02 AM
To be fair Yogi should never have said a word, six matches is harsh but again Yogi should know the rules. If a player did the same Yogi would fine them and have a few stern words. Very harsh though
The player would not be facing a six match ban for a verbal altercation with the officials.
Glory glory
:flag::flag::flag:

Mikeystewart
19-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Id like too know what he said to merit a six match ban he'l surely appeal.

Beefster
19-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Folk are missing the fact that Yogi is a repeat offender as far as the SFA are concerned. Hence, the larger than normal touchline ban.

Lofarl
19-02-2010, 11:42 AM
So the games he will miss are

6th Mar Kilmarnock H

13th Mar Ross County H

2oth Mar Los Yambolinos A

24th Mar Dundee United H

27th Mar Falkirk A

3rd Apr Celtic H

So after that there is only 6 games left of the entire season. Figures.

CropleyWasGod
19-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Ok, Yogi shouldn't have done what he done but it was a very frustrating night for all.

BUT,

** However, two games are added to the punishment for every prior case of misconduct during the previous three years. **
[/B]
But with another club...:confused:

Don't see why not.

If you banjoed someone in Edinburgh, and got fined £500... and then did the same to someone in Glasgow... you would get fined more, because of your previous, no matter where it was committed.

Riordans Boots
19-02-2010, 11:54 AM
This is way OTT :grr:

RoslinInstHibby
19-02-2010, 12:11 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-hindered-by--.6087162.jp (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-hindered-by--.6087162.jp)

Jeezo, that's harsh :bitchy:

too right it is:bitchy:,

silverhibee
19-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Folk are missing the fact that Yogi is a repeat offender as far as the SFA are concerned. Hence, the larger than normal touchline ban.

:agree:

jpt11
19-02-2010, 12:22 PM
A few points as I see it...

1. Suspected before I read it was due to previous, with Falkirk. Why should Hibs be punished for that? Surely a fine would be more appropriate that yogi pay's. That way it's the individual not the club getting the punishment.

2. Might actually be a good thing, He'll probably get a better over all view of the game from in the stand. Hence why Fergie et al frequently sit in the stand. This may allow him to see it as the experts in the stand see it!:wink:

KWJ
19-02-2010, 12:26 PM
so if he gets another ticking off it's an 8 match ban. It could get ridiculous.

Peevemor
19-02-2010, 12:30 PM

1. Suspected before I read it was due to previous, with Falkirk. Why should Hibs be punished for that? Surely a fine would be more appropriate that yogi pay's. That way it's the individual not the club getting the punishment.

2. Might actually be a good thing, He'll probably get a better over all view of the game from in the stand. Hence why Fergie et al frequently sit in the stand. This may allow him to see it as the experts in the stand see it!:wink:

Obviously, but surely a system of points as they do with players would be fairer, ie. once a ban is served the points counter is reset.

Jonnyboy

It's the same as if we signed a player who had been sent off his his last game for the selling club. A suspension would apply even though the player has new employers.

As to the ban being OTT I agree it seems that way on the face of it but we don't know what he was told regarding previous misbehaviour. Yogi himself acknowledged that'd he'd acted unprofessionally and let himself down.

As to SFA conspiracies let's leave them to the Jambos

blackpoolhibs
I only saw what he did on the telly, and it did not seem to be that much. He seemed to only be talking, not shouting, just putting his opinion over calmly. Seems a bit harsh from what i saw, although to be fair, i could have missed more.:confused:

Jonnyboy
19-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I only saw what he did on the telly, and it did not seem to be that much. He seemed to only be talking, not shouting, just putting his opinion over calmly. Seems a bit harsh from what i saw, although to be fair, i could have missed more.:confused:

That's certainly how it looked Gary but I guess we'll never know if he calmly questioned the officials or told them they were a bunch of masonic cheating bar stewards :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 12:37 PM
That's certainly how it looked Gary but I guess we'll never know if he calmly questioned the officials or told them they were a bunch of masonic cheating bar stewards :greengrin

Yip, i hope he gave the ref both barrels now, something to warrant this lengthy ban.:wink:

Bad Martini
19-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Its alright for Strachan, Smith et-all to effectively claim in public/on the record and to the faces of the officials that they are all conspiring against them (the Old Firm) .. that goes unpunished in the main.

Yogi loses his temper, stupidly granted, 6 ****ing games? For that, he could have skelped someone/hacked someone ON the pitch and been back quicker!!! :grr:

ENDOF

EH6 Hibby
19-02-2010, 12:59 PM

I listened to the game on BBC radio, and if the commentators were to be believed Yogi all but smacked the official, they said he was going mental, it didn't appear to be that bad when I saw it on tv, maybe someone that was there can confirm how bad he actually was! :confused:

homielang
19-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Hopefully this can be overturned by appeal. The timing could not be worse

Diclonius
19-02-2010, 02:06 PM
WHAT WAS SO BAD ABOUT WHAT HE DID?! :bitchy:

Sean1875
19-02-2010, 03:00 PM
WHAT WAS SO BAD ABOUT WHAT HE DID?! :bitchy:
past offences with falkirk, still think its a joke that it should be carried onto his new club.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Hopefully this can be overturned by appeal. The timing could not be worse

Not sure what difference having Yogi on sidelines does for the team..... Maybe the players can play without being harranged during a match??

Albeit Yogi never made much impact on the players on Wednesday......

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Not sure what difference having Yogi on sidelines does for the team..... Maybe the players can play without being harranged during a match??

Might be a good idea then to play behind closed doors.

Beefster
19-02-2010, 03:19 PM

It's not much of a punishment nowadays anyway. Not with mobile phones, miniature two-way radio etc.

As has been said, it might give Yogi a more clear view, during the match, of where we're failing (if we are).

IWasThere2016
19-02-2010, 03:20 PM
He might see that we should try 4-4-2 fae the stand :cool2:

stubru59
19-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

I've never understood how managers can get a proper view of the game from a dug out.

Sitting in an elevated position in the stand might give him a better perspective of how the midfield gets overrun.

Plus a lot of players and fans (on this board) have been reported as saying that some of the things he shouts at players from the dug out / technical area are ridiculous.

Indeed it will. The managers influence during the course of a game is minimal.

Half-time pep talk, having had a proper view of the game, is all that is needed.

For every manager that shouts an instruction, there is a player who chooses to ignore it.

ginger_rice
19-02-2010, 05:06 PM

Sure I read Eddie Turnbull in his book stating that it was far better for a manager to sit in the stand to get an overall picture of whats happening...might be a blessing in disguise.

HFC 0-7
19-02-2010, 05:06 PM
I think everyone will agree that its not fair, however, there are the rules, Yogi should know this and take it into account. The think that has annoyed me is he should have known what would happen, and what games it would mean he would miss. The game was over at the point he got sent off so he should have bitten his tongue, and he cant exactly go nuts at anyone for getting sent off now!

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Might be a good idea then to play behind closed doors.

Yet another smart comment..... Yogi has a habit of breaking player's concentration by shouting at them as play rages on

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Yet another smart comment..... Yogi has a habit of breaking player's concentration by shouting at them as play rages on

:faf: pot and kettle. If the players are worried about yogi having a go at them, how do they feel when half the crowd are doing the same?:confused:

Calvin
19-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Unprofessional?!
Yeah I think unprofessional. The way he talks to the fourth official sometimes is a disgrace and sometimes what he shouts at players is unprofessional sometimes, for example the time he called Maka a '****ing coward' in earshot of a lot of fans.

I really like the guy, but given this is his third offence of the sort, I think that 6 matches is about fair - Managers should be better than that kind of thing IMO.

ancient hibee
19-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Sure I read Eddie Turnbull in his book stating that it was far better for a manager to sit in the stand to get an overall picture of whats happening...might be a blessing in disguise.
ET always sat in the Directors Box-just in front of where I had my season in those days.When he appeared trackside the players wet themselves.If it was good enough for him it's good enough for Hughes.

Alfred E Newman
19-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Recollect Strachan getting a similar ban and having it halved on appeal. I think he appealled again and it was quashed. Interesting to see what happens if Yogi appeals, not the same outcome I would imagine.

archiebald
19-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Sick of him banging that dugout anyway :grr::grr:

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Sick of him banging that dugout anyway :grr::grr:

Nothing worse than noise at a football match.

archiebald
19-02-2010, 08:34 PM
:faf::faf::faf: TUBE

archiebald
19-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Listen the the way he screams at Witherspoon Stokes will hopefuly let them get on with there game.:greengrin

Hibs On Tour
19-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Unprofessional?!

3rd ban for him.

silverhibee
20-02-2010, 12:20 AM
I listened to the game on BBC radio, and if the commentators were to be believed Yogi all but smacked the official, they said he was going mental, it didn't appear to be that bad when I saw it on tv, maybe someone that was there can confirm how bad he actually was! :confused:

He lost the plot with linesman and had to be dragged away by the fourth offical and Brian Rice, it looked nasty stuff he was saying.
Maybe 49 year ahibee can tell us if Yogi needs help regarding his anger management problems.:cool2:.
Maybe a wee trip down to Southampton:thumbsup: to get the help he needs for Yogi.
Do you think Yogi has problems and needs help. He could maybe take Nish as well.:greengrin

silverhibee
20-02-2010, 12:23 AM

4-4-2 for tomorrow.

Westie1875
20-02-2010, 01:10 AM
4-4-2 for tomorrow.

Deek upfront? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
20-02-2010, 06:47 AM
:faf: pot and kettle. If the players are worried about yogi having a go at them, how do they feel when half the crowd are doing the same?:confused:

Part and parcel of the game, the crowd either getting behind the team or getting on their back's. No need for Manager to be shouting full pelt at player's, especially as the play rages on............

PaulSmith
20-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Part and parcel of the game, the crowd either getting behind the team or getting on their back's. No need for Manager to be shouting full pelt at player's, especially as the play rages on............

maybe we should go back to having Franck Sauzee leaning against the dug not giving a flying..

Baldy Foghorn
20-02-2010, 09:44 AM
maybe we should go back to having Franck Sauzee leaning against the dug not giving a flying..

yes good idea, well thought