PDA

View Full Version : Compo for last night

Gus
18-02-2010, 10:14 PM
After the result of last night etc......

It got me thinking about when Spurs beat Wigan 9-0.

The Wigan players were so mortified by their performance that they refunded all there fans who went to the game......

So can all the fans, who braved the cold weather last night & paid there hard earned cash on a ticket and getting there on a wednesday expect such a gesture....

I was just wondering folks thoughts

Cabbage1875
18-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Well I didnt get a ticket on entry for a start which would likely scupper such an idea :wink:

Hibercelona
18-02-2010, 10:18 PM

It got me thinking about when Spurs beat Wigan 7-1.

The Wigan players were so mortified by their performance that they refunded all there fans who went to the game......

So can all the fans, who braved the cold weather last night & paid there hard earned cash on a ticket and getting there on a wednesday expect such a gesture....

It was actually 9-1. :dizzy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8365091.stm

A refund?.... fae Rodders? :cool2:

Kevvy1875
18-02-2010, 10:21 PM
It was 9-0 to Spurs...there is a tanking and then there is complete and utter humiliation.

Its St J's dosh anyway with it being a league game.

I didnt go but I would expect the poor souls who went up the road last night would like their refund paid in full by the way of 3pts on saturday? That would be the best refund one could hope for.:thumbsup:

Gus
18-02-2010, 10:21 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8365091.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8365091.stm)

ah, so it was..........:greengrin

Not Rodders, but the players....a gesture of good will

Kevvy1875
18-02-2010, 10:22 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8365091.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8365091.stm)

I stand corrected:wink:

Knew it was 9 likes!

500miles
18-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Why on earth would a supporter want to take money out of the club?

HFC 0-7
18-02-2010, 10:54 PM

It was the players that refunded the fans not the club.

Carheenlea
18-02-2010, 11:03 PM
One of the joys of watching Hibs is the sheer unpredictability of what you are going to witness next time you take your seat for a game.

Of course, last night was far from joyous, but we`ll arrive at Fir Park on Saturday with no-one having the remotest idea what we can be watching for the next 90 mins... Could be equally dire, could be scintillating, (probably won`t be dull)

Goes with the territory of supporting Hibs, pay your cash and take your chance...

Harpandcastle
19-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Should the support who went to Parkhead offer to pay double?

zlatan
19-02-2010, 12:44 AM
If they get a refund for that I want my money back for that 4-1 defeat against Dunfermline under Williamson.

noseyhibby
19-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Why not? Other clubs feel embarrassed enough to offer a freebie for letting their supporters down. Got this from the BBC site. I know, never in a month of Wednesday nights will it happen.:boo hoo:

Weymouth offer free entry to fans for Braintree game

Weymouth fans are being offered free entry for Tuesday's game against Braintree Town as an apology for their heavy defeat at Basingstoke Town.
The Terras lost 6-0 with striker Mitchell Bryant breaking the Conference record by scoring all six goals.
Weymouth chairman George Rolls has issued an apology, calling the performance embarrassing.
He told the club website: "This is not what we at the football club expect and you as paying fans do not deserve."

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Why not? Other clubs feel embarrassed enough to offer a freebie for letting their supporters down. Got this from the BBC site. I know, never in a month of Wednesday nights will it happen.:boo hoo:

Weymouth offer free entry to fans for Braintree game

Weymouth fans are being offered free entry for Tuesday's game against Braintree Town as an apology for their heavy defeat at Basingstoke Town.
The Terras lost 6-0 with striker Mitchell Bryant breaking the Conference record by scoring all six goals.
Weymouth chairman George Rolls has issued an apology, calling the performance embarrassing.
He told the club website: "This is not what we at the football club expect and you as paying fans do not deserve."

I would be wanting cash, a pie and some refreshments in exchange for watching Weymouth. :agree:

Anyway you're right - not in a season of 5-1 defeats would the tache be letting the turnstiles click at Easter Road without money up front.

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 01:34 AM
If they get a refund for that I want my money back for that 4-1 defeat against Dunfermline under Williamson.

Well in that case I want my money back for that 6-0 defeat by Celtic at Hampden about 40 years ago.

Anyone know what 5 bob equates to nowadays? :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-02-2010, 01:40 AM
I see your point and kind of agree, however in the current climax(trying to build a new stand, get Stokes/Miller etc signed up) I would far rather the club took in tens of thousands of pounds from our next home game as opposed to me getting my 20 quid bk from the other nite! It was brutal yes, but lets jst draw a line under it and move on. We support HIBS, theres gonna be ups and downs...more downs than ups if were being honest! If some of our egotistical players were to refund the fans then I would be over the moon at that gesture, however any refund would come from Petrie's pocket and to be fair he's provided us with the manager most of us wanted and the likes of Bamba, Miller, Stokes, Deeks, Zouma and Benji from our starting 11 lst nite!! Hardly his fault they played like a bunch of fannies!!!

truehibernian
19-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Too true. Following Hibs is a passion, a bit like a long term relationship or a marriage. You have that sparkling honeymoon period, when we win, Easter Road looks great in the sun, the East are in full voice, and the team play silky football. Everything is exciting. Then you have the comfort stage where you kind of just feel right together, things are going smoothly, and you look around and you can't complain. Then you have your first taste of defeat (being Hibernian, not very long after those previous two stages). It's like your first argument. You have red mist, but you kiss and make up, cos you still love them after all and they try hard. Then after a while, you get itchy feet, start looking at other teams cos they play more sexy stuff and are winning things, you might even stray and watch them on Sky.........but somehow no matter how sexy they are, you still go back to old dependable Hibs......they are always there for you. Then, mid season, a few months into your relationship, you have a hum dinger of a defeat, you hit the bottle, and you want to punch every one of the players in the kisser. Hard !!!! But you control that rage, and what do you know, in Hibs fashion, they surprise you suddenly with an unexpected gift of 3 points the next weekend........like getting your nat king cole when you least expect it...........so you could never divorce them or turn your back on them, because as Joni Mitchell says.......don't it often seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone..........Hibs.......we love them really despite all their flaws and all the tribulations :agree:

hibsboy90
19-02-2010, 02:04 AM
Would be difficult anyways, they didn't give out reeipts or tickets at the gate the other night.

hibsboy90
19-02-2010, 02:10 AM
I'm attempting to get compensation already.....

From Scotrail, train from Perth to Aberdeen was delayed at Montrose for 1h 45m.... Didn't get home until 0250

:grr:

Steve20
19-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Don't think we should get a refund. An apology for such a pathetic display would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeTortolanoFanClub
19-02-2010, 08:17 AM
It would be boring if we won every week :devil:

marinello59
19-02-2010, 08:23 AM
It would be boring if we won every week :devil:

We will never know if that is true or not.:boo hoo:

GGTTH:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
19-02-2010, 09:44 AM

:rolleyes:

High horse much?

ChilliEater
19-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Maybe we should get in for free but pay on the way out? Defeat by 4 goals or more would be free, narrow defeat $10 (sorry, Aussie keyboard), draw $20, narrow victory $40 and a win by more than 4 goals would be $50. Same goes for away fans, but in reverse, obviously.
So, would you happily have paid 50 and let the Accies fans go for free a couple of weeks ago?

:devil:

Antifa Hibs
19-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Nae chance of a refund but an apology from the captain or gaffer would've been nice, let a massive travelling support down.

Was there any apologies? Stayed away from the rags yesterday...

Keith_M
19-02-2010, 12:50 PM
I see your point and kind of agree, however in the current climax.....

...Hardly his fault they played like a bunch of fannies!!!

Is that what's called a Freudian Slip?

:hmmm:

Gus
19-02-2010, 12:52 PM

you need read the op, players not the club

IWasThere2016
19-02-2010, 12:53 PM

It got me thinking about when Spurs beat Wigan 9-0.

I think the poor 1,800 deserve a refund but here's nae chance! I'll settle for 3 points at 'Well as this will let me forget!

therealgavmac
19-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Is that what's called a Freudian Slip?

:hmmm:

Bugger! you beat me to it! :faf:

lapsedhibee
19-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Well in that case I want my money back for that 6-0 defeat by Celtic at Hampden about 40 years ago.

You must have left before we scored, iwasonlytherepartof1972. :wink:

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 01:50 PM
You must have left before we scored, iwasonlytherepartof1972. :wink:

:doh: Must have been all the fights that day that wiped Alan Gordon's goal from my memory.

matty_f
19-02-2010, 02:15 PM
IMHO, a refund's a ridiculous suggestion. As Carheenlea said, you pay your money, you take your chances.

blueisthecolour
19-02-2010, 05:01 PM

Anyone know what 5 bob equates to nowadays? :greengrin

Don't forget to ask about a refund for the game we beat you's 7-0 in 1995:wink:

iwasthere1972
19-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Don't forget to ask about a refund for the game we beat you's 7-0 in 1995:wink:

Only fair if you lot also get your "Ivan Demolition" and "Scottish Cup Humping" refunds :greengrin

whiskyhibby
19-02-2010, 05:12 PM
It should be St.Johnstone giving the refund after having to sit in that crappy little stand, even sat up the back you could hardly make out anything further than the half-way line (Which in the 2nd half was a bonus!!!)

A 50% refund from the Saints sounds about right , Rodders can cough up the other 50% :devil: :fuming:

Phil D. Rolls
19-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Nae chance of a refund but an apology from the captain or gaffer would've been nice, let a massive travelling support down.

Was there any apologies? Stayed away from the rags yesterday...

Yogi took it on the chin and said it was his fault. That's as good as an aplogy IMO.