PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's Evening News comment

Green4Go07
18-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote,It was a real concern for us about their physical presence,their two centre halves,in fact their back four is made up of big guys.Even their midfield and front two guys are physical guys and that resulted in them getting the victory.

Gow and Nish on the bench:confused:

ahibby
18-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote,It was a real concern for us about their physical presence,their two centre halves,in fact their back four is made up of big guys.Even their midfield and front two guys are physical guys and that resulted in them getting the victory.

Is Gow big and physical? Did CN show he has the temperament for the physical game ............ apparently not.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 03:38 PM

Thats a cop out IMHO.
If he was so worried about it why didn't he send out a team to play against it. We were too light in midfield and up front and the back line:confused:

gogs_t
18-02-2010, 03:40 PM

Actually thought about 15 minutes into the game last night that the best way to combat the physical presence would be to move Bamba into midfield, switch Hogg to centre and bring on Wotherspoon at RB and sacrifice Benji.

GraniteCityHibs
18-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Thats a cop out IMHO.
If he was so worried about it why didn't he send out a team to play against it. We were too light in midfield and up front and the back line:confused:

To be fair, Yogi has admitted that he put the wrong team out already!

Green4Go07
18-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Gow at over six foot would have more presence with ariel challenges.If Nish had started the match he would have been up with the pace of the game,as opposed to coming and trying to change things, getting no where,which resulted in frustration and sending off.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 03:42 PM
To be fair, Yogi has admitted that he put the wrong team out already!

Exactly, but to now say he was worried about it before the game, yet did nothing to counter it is disturbing IMHO

HFC 0-7
18-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Then why did he put Stokes up front and let him try and receive the ball with no support! He could have pushed Sol into midfield and had Wotherspoon, Hogg, hanlon and Murray at the back. Brought Thicot on. Dont think Nish would have done much as he isnt great against physical players.

HarpyHibby
18-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Thats a cop out IMHO.

Think Yogi should have played bamba at CM and Thicot at CH to combat that!

Andy74
18-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Exactly, but to now say he was worried about it before the game, yet did nothing to counter it is disturbing IMHO

Well, he said he was worried about it bit felt we could play and pass our way round them. As it happened they scored 2 in 9 minutes.

It's easy for all of us including Hughes to say with hindsight that he made a mistake but to be honest matching big physical sides isn't the only way to beat them.

He chose one way, it didn't work on the night, let's not get all suicidal about it.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Well, he said he was worried about it bit felt we could play and pass our way round them. As it happened they scored 2 in 9 minutes.

It's easy for all of us including Hughes to say with hindsight that he made a mistake but to be honest matching big physical sides isn't the only way to beat them.

He chose one way, it didn't work on the night, let's not get all suicidal about it.

Sorry i thought we were playing football not pass the parcel.

HFC 0-7
18-02-2010, 04:06 PM

It didnt take much time to realise the way he had set up his side wasnt working. He should have changed it much much earlier.

Andy74
18-02-2010, 04:08 PM
It didnt take much time to realise the way he had set up his side wasnt working. He should have changed it much much earlier.

Earlier than 9 minutes?

After that he had to keep players on that could have produced some magic. They didn't, but at two zip it was hardly time to go to the holding pattern.

Andy74
18-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Sorry i thought we were playing football not pass the parcel.

What does that mean? If you don't want to see ball passed then head elsewhere.

Beefster
18-02-2010, 04:11 PM

Both players have been slaughtered on here in the last week so I'd be surprised if Yogi not playing them was now about to be questioned. Unless folk are just being wise after the event?

Stonewall
18-02-2010, 04:11 PM

Well it probably explains why he lined up with Hanlon and Bamba at the back.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 04:13 PM
What does that mean? If you don't want to see ball passed then head elsewhere.

I do, but we must get it first.
The team was lightweigt more akin to a game of pass the parcel than football IMHO.

Andy74
18-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Both players have been slaughtered on here in the last week so I'd be surprised if Yogi not playing them was now about to be questioned. Unless folk are just being wise after the event?

On hibs.net?? Never!!:greengrin

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Well it probably explains why he lined up with Hanlon and Bamba at the back.
And who in midfield and who up front??
Hogg at right back????

Plus he has gone on record as saying he put out the wrong team...and I agree totally:agree:

GraniteCityHibs
18-02-2010, 04:34 PM

fair point....i'll get me coat!:duck:

Stonewall
18-02-2010, 05:08 PM
And who in midfield and who up front??
Hogg at right back????

Plus he has gone on record as saying he put out the wrong team...and I agree totally:agree:

I agree totally too. However Yogi clearly though differently before the game. My point is that he appears to have played Hogg at Right back and our two biggest centre halves to combat their physical presence.

As a matter of interest how would you have lined up?

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I agree totally too. However Yogi clearly though differently before the game. My point is that he appears to have played Hogg at Right back and our two biggest centre halves to combat their physical presence.

As a matter of interest how would you have lined up?

Spoony in at RB.
Maka...sorry Bamba in midfield
Rankin on the bench along with Benji, and Galbraith out on the left.

Andy74
18-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Spoony in at RB.
Maka...sorry Bamba in midfield
Rankin on the bench along with Benji, and Galbraith out on the left.

I see, so we'd have strolled it, no doubt.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I see, so we'd have strolled it, no doubt.

Not at all. Did I say, or even intimate that???
But IMHO that would have been a better set up than the one Yogi put out.

You must be happy no matter what team is put out eh?

Phil D. Rolls
18-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Yogi admitted he got the team selection wrong. It's nice to have an honest manager, some clubs are run by liars. :agree:

steakbake
18-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Alls I'm sayin is it wouldn't have happened had Humphrey Rudge been given a fair go.

Iain G
18-02-2010, 07:46 PM

If that had happened under John Collins stewardship, he would have been out changing the team straight away and using the subs to effect the way the match is turning out. Not saying it would have worked, but at least he was quick to identify the problems and do something about them, Yogi is still learning this, but thankfully is ahead of Mixu in this regard :greengrin

IWasThere2016
18-02-2010, 07:58 PM
It was the lack of action during the game that got me!

2 doon in 9 - outplayed for another 45+ before any changes!?!

Staggering!

Woody1985
18-02-2010, 08:02 PM
FFS, look how many games we've won this morning and he's got it right.

I think people are forgetting that we're still a work in progress and we're way above where I, and probably thousands of others, expected us to be this season.

truehibernian
18-02-2010, 08:12 PM
That's what I couldn't get my head around TQM, the lack of changes. Half time (or sooner), at the very least he (Yogi) should have been making a change to the formation or subbing Benji or Derek IMO. The team also suffered from no leadership first half too. Amazing how the loss of one of our so called "weaker signings" (McBride) makes one hell of a difference to how this Hibs side ticks. An unsung hero who needs to be replaced with a similar type player when he is injured (and getting a f***ing right back).

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 08:33 PM
FFS, look how many games we've won this morning and he's got it right.

I think people are forgetting that we're still a work in progress and we're way above where I, and probably thousands of others, expected us to be this season.

You are probably right, but this was at the start of the season.
The expectation levels have changed since then. It's not ok to say 'ach well this is more like i expected at the start of the season' IMHO. Yogi and the squad have set the bench mark higher this season and have taken the plaudits,and rightly so, but now they must take the critisism, and rightly so also.

Andy74
19-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Not at all. Did I say, or even intimate that???
But IMHO that would have been a better set up than the one Yogi put out.

You must be happy no matter what team is put out eh?

No. I wasn't happy at all about the other night but i'm pragmatic enough to realise the managet thought one thing at the beginning of the game, it didn't work and we lost the game. Over the course of the season thugh that hasn't happened too often so i don't think it points to any major or long term issues.

It's one thing saying it was a shocing night and mistakes were made, it's another to suggest there is some inherent problem. There isn't.

As I've said elsewhere once you are two down in nine minutes changing it for the better isn't easy as he needs his attacking and talented players on the pitch to try and somehow get at least a couple of goals. You simply can't rever to the other option you had and thought about which may well have worked better from the nil nil situation.

whiskyhibby
19-02-2010, 10:31 AM
No. I wasn't happy at all about the other night but i'm pragmatic enough to realise the managet thought one thing at the beginning of the game, it didn't work and we lost the game. Over the course of the season thugh that hasn't happened too often so i don't think it points to any major or long term issues.

It's one thing saying it was a shocing night and mistakes were made, it's another to suggest there is some inherent problem. There isn't.

As I've said elsewhere once you are two down in nine minutes changing it for the better isn't easy as he needs his attacking and talented players on the pitch to try and somehow get at least a couple of goals. You simply can't rever to the other option you had and thought about which may well have worked better from the nil nil situation.

Absolutely spot on!

Yogi is doing a cracking job as are the players

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 10:35 AM

:top marks:agree:

Hibs On Tour
19-02-2010, 03:32 PM
If that had happened under John Collins stewardship, he would have been out changing the team straight away and using the subs to effect the way the match is turning out. Not saying it would have worked, but at least he was quick to identify the problems and do something about them, Yogi is still learning this, but thankfully is ahead of Mixu in this regard :greengrin

Umm... like when he kept Lewis at CH all game against Aberdeen up there? Na, glossing his time over I think.

No big deal. Yogi called it wrong, we got slaughtered, he put his hands up. We move on.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Umm... like when he kept Lewis at CH all game against Aberdeen up there? Na, glossing his time over I think.

No big deal. Yogi called it wrong, we got slaughtered, he put his hands up. We move on.

McCann.

JimBHibees
19-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Yep but bringing on Gatheussi, Kerr and O'Brien might not have helped much. :greengrin

JimBHibees
19-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Completely agree, time to let go. We are 3rd in the league FFS

Hibs On Tour
19-02-2010, 11:41 PM
McCann.

Yer right. Just remembered it was one of our legion of strapping six and a half foot centre halves! :wink: