PDA

View Full Version : Deeks thru 1 on 1

H18sry
18-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Not seen it mentioned anywhere else but what was the ref doing in the 2nd minute, blowing up for a Hibs foul when Deeks had a 1 on 1 opportunity, What ever happened to the advantage rule :grr:

mim
18-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Not seen it mentioned anywhere else but what was the ref doing in the 2nd minute, blowing up for a Hibs foul when Deeks had a 1 on 1 opportunity, What ever happened to the advantage rule :grr:

The ref was shocking all night at applying the advantage rule. :agree:
The one you mention was the first and best example. :confused:

Danny_Hibee
18-02-2010, 02:22 PM

Riordan was offside. The linesman had his flag up and instead of giving the freekick to them for offside he pulled it back for the original foul. Great refereeing IMO altho it was one of the few times he showed refereeing of that standard.

H18sry
18-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Riordan was offside. The linesman had his flag up and instead of giving the freekick to them for offside he pulled it back for the original foul. Great refereeing IMO altho it was one of the few times he showed refereeing of that standard.

Never saw that bit :devil:

truehibernian
18-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Too many times though he stopped play and allowed Saints to get back and reorganise. His lecturing style was similar to Thomson at the Aberdeen game. Player stretchered off, Nish and Yogi sent off, 5 subs, and a prolonged injury to Deuchar requiring a bounce ball.........thankfully he was wearing his Old Firm inspired watch and only added on 3 minutes though......his one saving grace and best call all night :agree:

Delboy4
19-02-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm glad others seen that at the start of the game.

Riordan was not offside - the ref stopped play for a foul BUT should have let play on as we were through on goal...:grr:

That could have changed the whole game if Deeks had scored.

***** decision...

matty_f
19-02-2010, 08:45 AM
There was one at the end of the first half where Murray tackled the St Johnstone player and we broke forward. The player stayed down and the ref stopped play as we were attacking. It wasn't a head-knock or anything, and the boy played on after treatment. When play re-started, the ref blowed for half time almost immediately.

I still don't know why he stopped us attacking, especially when you consider how we lost the third goal at Ibrox on Sunday - man down, Rangers flood forward and are allowed to play on and score. The ref got it right on Sunday, we should have been allowed to play on on Wednesday.

I thought the officials were awful on Wednesday night, and it's probably the third game in a row I've thought that.

number 27
19-02-2010, 08:52 AM

I thought the officials were awful on Wednesday night, and it's probably the third game in a row I've thought that.

They were rotten against Montrose as well, so thats 4.:bitchy: