PDA

View Full Version : Wee laddy who got a face full of a training ball!

MacBean
18-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Unlucky to the wee laddy last night who happened to be standing in the wrong place twiddling away on his mobile phone. He felt the full force of the ball in his puss from a paddy cregg strike in the warm up and unfortunately broke his glasses!

Credit where its due, Cregg, Stack and the coaching staff were straight over to comfort the young man, and he cheered up with the reception of Stack's training top and a hibs ball :thumbsup: (lucky sod :wink:)

anyone know if he's alright and if Paddy's forking out for a new pair of specs for the young lad?

gstarbry1875
18-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Missed that...didn't get in till just after kick off :boo hoo:

down-the-slope
18-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Mobile phones are dangerous...kids should not be allowed them :agree:

Ell_Chrisso
18-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Unlucky to the wee laddy last night who happened to be standing in the wrong place twiddling away on his mobile phone. He felt the full force of the ball in his puss from a paddy cregg strike in the warm up and unfortunately broke his glasses!

Credit where its due, Cregg, Stack and the coaching staff were straight over to comfort the young man, and he cheered up with the reception of Stack's training top and a hibs ball :thumbsup: (lucky sod :wink:)

anyone know if he's alright and if Paddy's forking out for a new pair of specs for the young lad?

Stack and staff yes, Cregg nah. Took a good while before he had the decency to see if the wee lad was alright.

Crab apple
18-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Saw that. We were sitting directly behind the goals and a few just missed us. I should have known what was going to happen in the game itself judging by the number of balls that were not hitting the target during the warm up. The wee lad was just along from us and took a sore one. He seemed to contain his tears for a few seconds before succumbing to the inevitable. Nice gesture from Stack and Tam McCourt.

HarpyHibby
18-02-2010, 03:49 PM

Don't think he would have to pay for glasses, they're free for school children!

Removed
18-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Saw that. We were sitting directly behind the goals and a few just missed us. I should have known what was going to happen in the game itself judging by the number of balls that were not hitting the target during the warm up. The wee lad was just along from us and took a sore one. He seemed to contain his tears for a few seconds before succumbing to the inevitable. Nice gesture from Stack and Tam McCourt.

:agree: He was sitting right behind us.

I heard him say to his dad that Tam McCourt is a legend :thumbsup:

Woody1985
18-02-2010, 03:52 PM
With the sound of it he was the lucky one getting his glasses broken!

nanamag
18-02-2010, 04:10 PM
With the sound of it he was the lucky one getting his glasses broken! o how rite you are. wish to god i had not worn my glasses, that game brought tears to my eyes,:grr::grr: never mind got to keep the faith todays another day,

tony higgins
18-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Gone are the days when he would have got a rub down with a cold spunge and then finished off his six cans of super lager.

Kids these days.

Hibercelona
18-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Poor lad.

I'm sure his glasses would have broken anyway, watching that display. :greengrin

Storar
18-02-2010, 04:48 PM
thought it was Stack that was taking shots into Smith that hit him. If not then think Stack deserves even more credit

chorley_fm
18-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I once got hit on the knees at St Johnstone by a wayward Gary O'Connor training shot.

If I wisnae hard as nails it may have made me greet a little.

greenlex
18-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Saw that. It's just indicative of kids today. Fiddling with technology instead if getting out playing fitba. Should have got the napped on it yelling "Ave it".
Kids nowadays right enough.

HibbyKeith
18-02-2010, 08:53 PM
thought it was Stack that was taking shots into Smith that hit him. If not then think Stack deserves even more credit

nah, stack was in goals, and the players were lined up with evans laying off passes for them. stack was first round to make sure the lad was ok, then tam took over giving the lad a ball while stack finished the shooting warm up with the players, to be fair to cregg im not sure he realised exactly what had happened, after his next shot he trotted over to make sure he was alright.

stack and thompson were the only two on the park kicking long balls to each other then stack took his top off and gave it to another hibby pointing up to the wee fella to give it to him. before heading off down the tunnel.

well done all concerned.

hope the wee man's ok today, was standing 2 rows right behind him, the side of his face took a healthy slap.

Hibercelona
18-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Saw that. It's just indicative of kids today. Fiddling with technology instead if getting out playing fitba. Should have got the napped on it yelling "Ave it".
Kids nowadays right enough.

Kids can't go out and play footie these days due to all the nagging old codgers. :agree:

essexhibee
18-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Would love to meet stacky, seems like a good man. Seems like he likes a bit of banter aswell. from the times i have seen him on soccer am and that classic "showing" whilst miller and mcbride were getting interviewed. Hope he recovers from his injury well.

IWasThere2016
18-02-2010, 09:30 PM
It was Cregg who twatted the wee man! It was flush on the kisser too. Paddy did apologise and as stated Tam the Legend and Stack passed on a couple of pressies.

HibeeMcGinn1
19-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Would love to meet stacky, seems like a good man. Seems like he likes a bit of banter aswell. from the times i have seen him on soccer am and that classic "showing" whilst miller and mcbride were getting interviewed. Hope he recovers from his injury well.

Spoke to Stack Stokes and Riordan up town one night, very good banter. Even agreed to a photo.