PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 1902 cup winning strip

JimBHibees
18-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Just been sent this, has the makings of a wind up :greengrin but assured it isnt. Never seen this before.

http://www.toffs.com/invt/2416

joe breezy
18-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I like it

HibeeMassive
18-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I got one from the guys in my work last year for my 30th, they were all laughing like bairns when I opened it, with them all being jambos and rantic supporters.

I said I wasn't going to wear it until our next scottish cup final, and it would be that which breaks the hoodoo :greengrin

I've been reminding them of this for the last couple of months, hopefully I do indeed get to wear it at the first time of asking :lips seal:party:

hibeeliam
18-02-2010, 02:05 PM
would the team be allowed to wear it if the get to the final?

H18sry
18-02-2010, 02:14 PM

I think our sponsors would be peed off if we wore it :agree:

hibbybrian
18-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Just been sent this, has the makings of a wind up :greengrin but assured it isnt. Never seen this before.

Certainly not a wind-up. however the picture is of the Hibernian team c 1909 - several years after the cup final :wink:

JimBHibees
18-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Certainly not a wind-up. however the picture is of the Hibernian team c 1909 - several years after the cup final :wink:

but it says in your profile you are only 54 :greengrin

down-the-slope
18-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I got one from the guys in my work last year for my 30th, they were all laughing like bairns when I opened it, with them all being jambos and rantic supporters.

I said I wasn't going to wear it until our next scottish cup final, and it would be that which breaks the hoodoo :greengrin

I've been reminding them of this for the last couple of months, hopefully I do indeed get to wear it at the first time of asking :lips seal:party:

Looks great - whats the quality like? Shame its not the club producing and selling / benefitting from them.

PS if you can pay in Euro's with a credit card you would be laughing - exchange rate has changed a lot more like 1.16 rather than 1.04 :greengrin

hibbymac
18-02-2010, 03:27 PM

Good site to check strips of the past. Historical Hibs strips (http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm)

Taz_hibee
18-02-2010, 04:38 PM
have ordered 1 and keeping it for the final :agree::wink::thumbsup::wink::agree:

green.and.white
18-02-2010, 04:54 PM
I think our sponsors would be peed off if we wore it :agree:

when Man Utd played City last season (i think it was last season) they wore a centenary top to mark the anniversary of the Munich air disaster and it was a replica of the top worn at the time, with no sponsors on it so it could be done, it would look classy IMO :thumbsup:

essexhibee
18-02-2010, 05:15 PM

Dont kidd yourself, after last nights performance its 1more year.

hibbybrian
18-02-2010, 06:38 PM
but it says in your profile you are only 54 :greengrin

:singing:and if you know your hibstory

you would know that the goalie in the pic is Willie Allan and not Harry Rennie :wink:

living in Qatar for the last 4 years has taken it's toll and clearly turned me into a bit of an anorak supporter :greengrin

HibeeMassive
18-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Looks great - whats the quality like? Shame its not the club producing and selling / benefitting from them.

PS if you can pay in Euro's with a credit card you would be laughing - exchange rate has changed a lot more like 1.16 rather than 1.04 :greengrin

I was actually quite surprised because it's good quality. More like rugby top material than modern day football tops but feels like it'll last - not just a one wash wonder

Fingers crossed I get to wash it in may :cool2:

Carheenlea
18-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Shame its not the club producing and selling / benefitting from them.

The club sell something almost similar in the club shop, but instead of the harp, it has that HFC branding that they are trying to punt.

It is an old rugby style material and and collar, and had they made them with the harp in place of the HFC, they would have sold barrowloads of them.

hibeeliam
18-02-2010, 08:34 PM
when Man Utd played City last season (i think it was last season) they wore a centenary top to mark the anniversary of the Munich air disaster and it was a replica of the top worn at the time, with no sponsors on it so it could be done, it would look classy IMO :thumbsup:

i was thinking from a more supersticious point of view but agreed. it would look very classy:greengrin:greengrin

Geo_1875
19-02-2010, 11:29 AM
I ordered one and got an email from a guy at the company asking if something special was happening as they've had so many orders in one day. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

down-the-slope
19-02-2010, 11:36 AM
I ordered one and got an email from a guy at the company asking if something special was happening as they've had so many orders in one day. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Right come on admit it who else has ordere one 'just in case' :wink:

I think .Net has missec a trick here and hould be on comission

Keith_M
19-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Hmmm, Ross County next round. No chance of Hibs beating Rankers in this competition (going on the evidence so far), who I feel are big favourites for the Cup.

Chickens, Count, Hatched, etc.

southfieldshibby
19-02-2010, 02:36 PM
i thought we won it in 1901/02 season:confused: