PDA

View Full Version : Keeper problem?

Expecting Rain
18-02-2010, 11:16 AM
What does Yogi do now?

Smith-Lost 5 last night does that offer a chance to somebody else?
Stack-Is he next in line?
Brown-Will he get the chance?
Maka-?

Wouldn`t like to be the boss on saturday, trying to keep all these guys happy.

Hibercelona
18-02-2010, 11:18 AM
It will be Smith.

Not at fault for any goals conceeded so far.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 11:21 AM
What does Yogi do now?

Maka-?

Had Smith done anything wrong I may agree, but he hasn't and should keep the jersey IMHO.

H18sry
18-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Smith has been faultless for any of the goals we have lost since he signed :agree:

Darth Hibbie
18-02-2010, 11:22 AM
It will be Smith.

Not at fault for any goals conceeded so far.

:agree:

He also made a couple of top quality save.

KerPlunk
18-02-2010, 11:22 AM
What does Yogi do now?

Maka-?

It's not so much a case of keeping these guys "happy" - they get their money whether they play or not.
I'd much rather Yogi put the wee lambs' feelings aside, put out a team that will do the job and start keeping the fans happy.

:grr:

Gus Fring
18-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Smith should keep his place, hes done nothing to deserve being dropped.

Stack should be second choice as he was playing excellent before his injury.

Maka and Brown should be working their ***** off in training and learning from these 2.

(Incidentally does anyone know how long the contracts on each of the keepers is for?)

HibeeUnderwood
18-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Smith should keep his place, hes done nothing to deserve being dropped.

Stack should be second choice as he was playing excellent before his injury.

Maka and Brown should be working their ***** off in training and learning from these 2.

(Incidentally does anyone know how long the contracts on each of the keepers is for?)

Smith is contracted till 2011
Stack is contracted till 2011
Maka is contracted till the summer
Brown is contracted till 2012

:agree:

Golden Bear
18-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Smith is totally blameless and if it wasn't for him it could have been 7 or 8.

Just because a keeper loses 5 goals doesn't necessarily mean that he's had a bad game.

It's crazy to think otherwise.

We're carrying a couple of "luxury" players who don't pull their weight - therein lies the root of the problem.

Aubenas
18-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Smith is totally blameless and if it wasn't for him it could have been 7 or 8.

Just because a keeper loses 5 goals doesn't necessarily mean that he's had a bad game.

It's crazy to think otherwise.

We're carrying a couple of "luxury" players at who don't pull their weight - therein lies the root of the problem.

Dead on! :top marks:agree:

Saorsa
18-02-2010, 12:17 PM
What does Yogi do now?

Maka-?

Wouldn`t like to be the boss on saturday, trying to keep all these guys happy.Sorry, dinnae see a problem at all, Smith keeps his place IMO

jws1875
18-02-2010, 12:57 PM
According to bbc scotland last night smith was man of the match for hibernian none of the goals were his fault.

Danderhall Hibs
18-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Smith saved us from a real humiliation last night.

Having said that with only one clean sheet since he cam here (and that against a non-league side) maybe there is a problem? Either that or all the clean sheet stats we used to hear being used in defence of Maka were worthless?

vla_di_vla
18-02-2010, 01:12 PM
i was thinking the other day that our clean sheet record hasn't been great since he came in. Can anyone be bothered digging out which of our goalies has done best for clean sheets/goals conceded this season? I know its just statistics but could be interesting

Golden Bear
18-02-2010, 01:15 PM
i was thinking the other day that our clean sheet record hasn't been great since he came in. Can anyone be bothered digging out which of our goalies has done best for clean sheets/goals conceded this season? I know its just statistics but could be interesting

The only real link is Kevin Mcbride. When he plays we're ok - when he doesn't play we're garbage.

Danderhall Hibs
18-02-2010, 01:16 PM

Thing is the clean sheets aren't just down to the goalie - you'd need to look at the defence that played as well. Smith's only had the 1 clean sheet so far but I can't think of an goals that you could say he had any blame for.

Danderhall Hibs
18-02-2010, 01:16 PM
The only real link is Kevin Mcbride. When he plays we're ok - when he doesn't play we're garbage.

Did he not play against Hamilton in September?

Golden Bear
18-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Did he not play against Hamilton in September?

Jeez that was a long time ago! - I couldn't say yeah or neah but if he did then there is an exception to every rule (or so they say!)

Danderhall Hibs
18-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Jeez that was a long time ago! - I couldn't say yeah or neah but if he did then there is an exception to every rule (or so they say!)

I don't know either but the lack of really poor performances kind of shows that despite getting pumped last night we've not been all that bad - with or without McBride.

khib70
18-02-2010, 01:25 PM
What does Yogi do now?

Maka-?

Bravo! Another Churchy fishing trip yields a tasty catch!:spammy:

vla_di_vla
19-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Here's the stats for the season so far: Our goals conceded has doubled since we lost Stack. Time for a recall? Its a bit simplistic but something has definitely changed

Stack Maka Smith
5.50 2.50 1.00
Total shut outs
12.00 5.00 16.00
Goals conceded
14.50 4.50 10.00
games played
0.38 0.56 0.10
shut outs/games played ratio
0.83 1.11 1.60
goals conceded/games played

Billychaotic182
19-02-2010, 08:25 PM
bring Stack back :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
19-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Dont think we have one, have never been better covered in the position, Smith is a fine keeper and if we had arranged the defence in the right order in front of him over the last 3 games we would have done much better.

Newhaven
19-02-2010, 09:36 PM
What does Yogi do now?

:confused:

Yogi has already improved the keeping situation 100% since arriving.

He's brought in 3 decent keepers and we have some genuine competition for the jersey.

Smith hasn't made one single mistake since playing and although his kicking needs some work he will be the number 1 for the coming games.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Graeme Smith is an excellent goalkeeper and has played well for us since he came in to the side.

Wednesday night was a total embarrassment by our ten outfield players on show but, going on the various match reports that I've seen, if it wasn't for Smith it could easily have been a whole lot worse.

Hibs On Tour
19-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Here's the stats for the season so far: Our goals conceded has doubled since we lost Stack. Time for a recall? Its a bit simplistic but something has definitely changed

Stack Maka Smith
5.50 2.50 1.00
Total shut outs
12.00 5.00 16.00
Goals conceded
14.50 4.50 10.00
games played
0.38 0.56 0.10
shut outs/games played ratio
0.83 1.11 1.60
goals conceded/games played

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Smith had to endure the entire period where Bamba was missing from our defence also? As another poster said, its not *just* down to the keeper IMHO.

Expecting Rain
20-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Bravo! Another Churchy fishing trip yields a tasty catch!:spammy:

Not at all, for what it is worth i don`t think he was to blame for any of the goals, i was just trying to gauge opinion with so many keepers waiting in line.

hibiedude
20-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Smith is a cert to start against Motherwell unless he gets injured in the warm up on that midden of a pitch

Hibs90
20-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Might go against the grain a bit here, but the reason we haven't had any clean sheets of late I believe is due to the fact Smith isn't actually that good. Stack and Maka (well, sometimes) would have saved probably around 20% of the goals we have conceded while Smith's been in the sticks. I'm quite happy for Smith to stay in goals as he is a pretty solid keeper but I think we should bring back Stack if he is fit. :agree: