18-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Not bad eh? :agree:

HibeeUnderwood
18-02-2010, 11:02 AM

Just as long as it stays that way :agree:

Aldo
18-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Would we of taken this at the start of the season????

I think yes.

Early days but this is just the ongoing typical scenario of being a Hibs fan. Brought up on the expectation of doing well for half a season yet 3 or 4 bad results and we are pish and the team are crap.

For me we need to finish 3rd and keep that going next year and add (hopefully getting bas Ross County and getting to a SF and then hopefully a final...wont hold ma breath though.)

We have to be positive and build on things and hopefully the consistency will come. Hughes 1st season...3rd with a good cup run??

I am as dissappointed as the next fan but we have had a great season and I am sure with a few more gems next season we will hopefully be more consistent.

GG

scott7_0(Prague)
18-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Exactly, one crazy result and its all over. People need to look in from the outside once in a while.

lapsedhibee
18-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Exactly, one crazy result and its all over. People need to look in from the outside once in a while.

Quite a lot of people appear to look in from well outside - somewhere around Mars, it seems - whenever we
(a) play very well, or
(b) play very badly

I think it would be better if we just drew every match, like when Lexo was boss.

Leith Green
18-02-2010, 12:18 PM

To be fair we just took an absolute tonking from the newly promoted team, our team lacked fight, commitment , organisation and had players playing out of position, we were completely outplayed for the entire match...

I think people are entitled to vent their feelings about this, much in the same way folk would be going overboard had we won 5-1 and all of the above applied the other way ...

joe breezy
18-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't agree

We could / should be 2nd...

cwilliamson85
18-02-2010, 12:25 PM
It could be worse. We could be Hearts fans right now.

:singing:Always look on the bright side of life:singing:

ahibby
18-02-2010, 12:25 PM
To be fair we just took an absolute tonking from the newly promoted team, our team lacked fight, commitment , organisation and had players playing out of position, we were completely outplayed for the entire match...

I think people are entitled to vent their feelings about this, much in the same way folk would be going overboard had we won 5-1 and all of the above applied the other way ...

As long as we don't take anything away from Saints because they worked their socks of, were set up perfectly to win the battle, and took most of their chances. I don't think that we could have done anything differently that would have changed the result, maybe the scoreline but not the result. Has anyone seen a team come at us and get in our face as much as Saints did last night?

Leith Green
18-02-2010, 12:43 PM
As long as we don't take anything away from Saints because they worked their socks of, were set up perfectly to win the battle, and took most of their chances. I don't think that we could have done anything differently that would have changed the result, maybe the scoreline but not the result. Has anyone seen a team come at us and get in our face as much as Saints did last night?

Are you having a laugh??

What then? So any team who come at us like St Johnstone did can expect 3 points every time? What about us matching their desire and will to win for a start? if we had done that then we would at least have stood a chance of getting something.

We have better quality players in our team than St Johnstone, but if the fight isn't there then sadly the 3 points wont be either, regardless of who, where or when we play..

To be honest last night reminded me so much of the Hamilton away game earlier in the season, only difference being the weather and the dark...

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 12:51 PM
W were never going to win the league, we were never going to be relegated. Yet with the last manager, you could virtually guarantee we were going to have a mundane season, with a scrap for that wonderful 6th place. We have surprised ourselves, and still have an outside chance of 2nd. Yes last night was bad, but the bad days are fewer. Well done Hibs, 3rd is bloody great.:notworthy:

Ell_Chrisso
18-02-2010, 12:52 PM
This thread was soooo, sooo predictable.

waste of time.

HFC 0-7
18-02-2010, 01:05 PM

A team like Hibs should still be able to win against St Johnstone even when they are playing their socks off! Yes St johnstone played well, but this was down to them working hard and us playing rank rotten. People are saying dont take anything away from St Johnstone because they worked hard etc, yes they did but they only won because Hibs played mince.

If Hibs have better players and team etc, then regardless of how St Johnstone played they only won because Hibs were poor and never played to our abilities. St johnstone deserve credit, but lets not deflect from Hibs performance last night by saying it was down to St johnstone playing well.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 01:11 PM
A team like Hibs should still be able to win against St Johnstone even when they are playing their socks off! Yes St johnstone played well, but this was down to them working hard and us playing rank rotten. People are saying dont take anything away from St Johnstone because they worked hard etc, yes they did but they only won because Hibs played mince.

If Hibs have better players and team etc, then regardless of how St Johnstone played they only won because Hibs were poor and never played to our abilities. St johnstone deserve credit, but lets not deflect from Hibs performance last night by saying it was down to St johnstone playing well.

A team like Hibs should never win against Celtic. How do you explain our win the other week?:confused:

Dr Jimmy
18-02-2010, 01:15 PM

waste of time.

If you were at the game last night you would not see it this way. It was 5-1 going on 10-1. We were fortunate that Smith played well last night or it really could have been 10!

Leith Green
18-02-2010, 01:15 PM

Agree totally ...

The_Todd
18-02-2010, 01:16 PM
A team like Hibs should never win against Celtic. How do you explain our win the other week?:confused:

Let's be fair, we didn't hammer Celtic 5-1, outshooting them 10-1.

Leith Green
18-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Hibs won 2-1 with a last minute winner after riding our luck for a large part of the second half, St Johnstone TOTALLY DOMINATED us from start to finish and could have scored 8 or 9 ...

There is no comparrison here ...

HFC 0-7
18-02-2010, 01:20 PM

IMO I dont know if Celtic actually have better players or team than Hibs at the moment. If they do have better players and team, then the reason for our win is because they never played to the best of their abilities. If a football team have better players and a better team than their opponents, and they get beat, then that is down to them playing badly.

IWasThere2016
18-02-2010, 01:24 PM

Aye - but 'you're only as good as your last game' :cool2:

Seriously, the football has to improve IMHO. Otherwise how do we fill the new stand?

Too few good performances, and fair bit of fortune and some dross.

Only 7/10 for me so far and plenty scope for improvement.

CallumLaidlaw
18-02-2010, 01:24 PM
there will be 2 sets of people in the whole of scotland overreacting to this result.

Hibs Fans

&

Hearts Fans

HFC 0-7
18-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Aye - but 'you're only as good as your last game' :cool2:

Seriously, the football has to improve IMHO. Otherwise how do we fill the new stand?

Too few good performances, and fair bit of fortune and some dross.

Only 7/10 for me so far and plenty scope for improvement.

:top marks

HFC 0-7
18-02-2010, 01:28 PM
there will be 2 sets of people in the whole of scotland overreacting to this result.

Hibs Fans

&

Hearts Fans

When you are sitting in 3rd, playing a team in 9th, 19 pts behind. You cant over react to a 5 - 1 defeat.

Ell_Chrisso
18-02-2010, 01:57 PM
If you were at the game last night you would not see it this way. It was 5-1 going on 10-1. We were fortunate that Smith played well last night or it really could have been 10!

Get your facts right before you speak.

I WAS at the game last night.

The thread is predictable, as we got hammered, and some1 is trying to look at where we are sitting, rather than the result/performance.

We all know we are 3rd. But that doesn't excuse how terrible we were.

That was the point.

Leith Green
18-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Get your facts right before you speak.

I WAS at the game last night.

The thread is predictable, as we got hammered, and some1 is trying to look at where we are sitting, rather than the result/performance.

That was the point.

To be fair I didnt get what angle you were coming from either mate..

You are bang on though, nothing should deflect away from last nights shocker!!

CallumLaidlaw
18-02-2010, 02:06 PM

I dont think the thread is to excuse the performance, but just to remind us that things aren't THAT bad.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I dont think the thread is to excuse the performance, but just to remind us that things aren't THAT bad.

:top marks:agree:

Jones28
18-02-2010, 02:33 PM

waste of time.

At least someone is taking a step back to look at the bigger picture :agree:

Wull
18-02-2010, 02:53 PM

St,J 5 stupid f*in Hibees 1 "Not that bad" yer havin a laugh:grr: