PDA

View Full Version : ARSENAL of the NORTH

Love the Green
18-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Last night has been coming all season just a matter of time.
In all honesty this has been on the cards all season.

We have no commanding central defender, no recognised RB, no midfield enforcer, no winger type player with pace and no target man that stokes can play off..
Are we the Arsenal of the North ?
Add to that lack of tackling and work rate coupled with movement and we are at this time a very average team

Yes Yogi will say work in progress but other than a few players we are weel off being a top side also cant see what systems we are using.

"keep the faith":wink:

PeeJay
18-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Last night has been coming all season just a matter of time.
In all honesty this has been on the cards all season.

We have no commanding central defender, no recognised RB, no midfield enforcer, no winger type player with pace and no target man that stokes can play off..
Are we the Arsenal of the North ?
Add to that lack of tackling and work rate coupled with movement and we are at this time a very average team

Yes Yogi will say work in progress but other than a few players we are weel off being a top side also cant see what systems we are using.

Pretty much the same team showed Rangers to be second best during the first half on Sunday - so how bad are we really, I wonder? Maybe it is a mental thing as Yogi suggested: our guys need to be up for the "small" teams just as much for the big guys. Typical Hibs problem really.

degenerated
18-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Pretty much the same team showed Rangers to be second best during the first half on Sunday - so how bad are we really, I wonder? Maybe it is a mental thing as Yogi suggested: our guys need to be up for the "small" teams just as much for the big guys. Typical Hibs problem really.

Our problem, apart from bizarre team selections, is that we think we are too good to have to try against teams like st Johnstone. This has also been apparent in our cup games as well.

joe breezy
18-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Arsenal of the north is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard.

Saying we can win the league is more realistic, and we could have been in a good position if players performed better.

Are East Kilbride Thistle the Manchester United of Lanarkshire, that's how ridiculous Arsenal of the North sounds to me.

We aren't in the same league as them as much I hate Arsenal.

If Hearts fans were calling Hearts the Man United of the North we would surely laugh at them

Ell_Chrisso
18-02-2010, 12:45 PM
If Saints can put 5 past us, i'd hate to see what Arsenal would.

They would rip us apart left, right and centre.

1875 NO 1
18-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Arsenal of the north is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard.

Saying we can win the league is more realistic, and we could have been in a good position if players performed better.

Are East Kilbride Thistle the Manchester United of Lanarkshire, that's how ridiculous Arsenal of the North sounds to me.

We aren't in the same league as them as much I hate Arsenal.

If Hearts fans were calling Hearts the Man United of the North we would surely laugh at them

I think he is using an anology. He isnt saying we are good as Arsenal.

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Always thought we were a bit like arsenal.I meen were are no where near as good but we can play great at times but when it comes down to it we bottle it.

joe breezy
18-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Always thought we were a bit like arsenal.I meen were are no where near as good but we can play great at times but when it comes down to it we bottle it.

I do see the analogy in a Hibs Rangers contest compared to an Arsenal Chelsea game so fair enough on that point.

In fact in terms of bigoted vermin in many ways Chelsea are the Rangers of London.

khib70
18-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Our problem, apart from bizarre team selections, is that we think we are too good to have to try against teams like st Johnstone. This has also been apparent in our cup games as well.
:top marksThat, sir, is spot on:agree:

Love the Green
18-02-2010, 04:29 PM
I think he is using an anology. He isnt saying we are good as Arsenal.

Thank you that is exactly what I am saying

Joe Breezy take it eezy...I am pointing out we have similiar frailties to Arsenal...

How can you even think I AM COMPARING BOTH TEAMS

WE ARE MUCH BETTER THAN THEM!!!!!!!