PDA

View Full Version : Lack Of Movement

Hibercelona
18-02-2010, 09:37 AM
One thing that struck me more than anything last night was the lack of movement on and off the ball.

Whenever we had the ball, nobody was looking for the pass, they just looked extremely disinterested.

It truly was woeful to watch. No creativity, just constant hoof balls.

I think the players should come out and officially apologize to all the fans that made their way over last night, because that was a truly shocking display. :grr:

Steve20
18-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I think the players should come out and officially apologize to all the fans that made their way over last night, because that was a truly shocking display. :grr:

They should but they wont. I would doubt they care as much as the fans.

Woody1985
18-02-2010, 09:46 AM
I wasn't at the game but I would say that has been an issue in a couple of the games this season.

I think the wide players have been told to stick out wide to give us width and pretty much stay there. It makes them easier to mark unless they're trying to run in behind or have the full back pushing on.

I don't want to critise the team too much because they have exceeded all expectations this season and I hope we can pick ourselves up from these defeats and push on again.

matty_f
18-02-2010, 11:56 AM
We were very lethargic last night, the lack of options for the player in possession was shocking at times.

Contrast that with St Johnstone who were putting in a power of owrk getting about the park and into good positions.

ahibby
18-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Yes there was a lack of movement in defending and attacking and some of that may be down to players out of position and an unusual set up, which I guess is more or less the same thing.

HFC 0-7
18-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Yes there was a lack of movement in defending and attacking and some of that may be down to players out of position and an unusual set up, which I guess is more or less the same thing.

Players playing out os position shouldnt affect work rate etc unless the players is in the huff. Players playing out of position usually make bad positional choices etc but for me, the work rate was bad yesterday, when St Johnstone were in dangerous positions Hibs looked like they couldnt be bothered getting back in to defend. Last night, for me, the big thing that looked like it was missing was commitment.