PDA

View Full Version : Official Credit to St Johnstone Thread

hibsbollah
18-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Reading some of the moaning, self-reverential posts from last night I get the feeling we're morphing into Old Firm fans, ie-never crediting the opposition but instead desperately trying to find scapegoats.

They played well, from what I saw from last nights TV watching, and the first three goals were top drawer. They look like a top 6 side.

Steve20
18-02-2010, 08:06 AM
It's a Hibs forum. Why do we need to credit the opposition? Yes, they played very well but I am more concerned at how bad Hibs played.

truehibernian
18-02-2010, 08:06 AM
They did indeed play well hibsbollah, ball retention was superb, mixed it up with a combination of long ball and nice crisp passing. But Hibs didn't really make them work for the goals. I think any side would have looked superb against us last night. McInnes is a top manager in the making. Every single player working hard for each other, physical, but play with pace and strength. They were clinical in patches, but we are soooooo lucky they weren't clinical in other periods second half.

hibsbollah
18-02-2010, 08:53 AM
It's a Hibs forum. Why do we need to credit the opposition?

Because its the only way to gain an accurate understanding of why we lost the game:confused:

Its easy to get all 'Alan Hansen' about things; if you look closely enough, every goal, from Maradona's 2nd against England to Latapys in the 6-2, is the result of 'defensive mistakes'. Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin. They were excellent in the final third.

number 27
18-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Because its the only way to gain an accurate understanding of why we lost the game:confused:

Its easy to get all 'Alan Hansen' about things; if you look closely enough, every goal, from Maradona's 2nd against England to Latapys in the 6-2, is the result of 'defensive mistakes'. Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin. They were excellent in the final third.

They looked excellent in the final third but they are not really excellent footballers Imho. We made it far too easy for them and the most frustrating thing is that they didn't really do anything different from the cup game. It is staggering that we seemed so badly prepared.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 09:09 AM
It's a Hibs forum. Why do we need to credit the opposition? Yes, they played very well but I am more concerned at how bad Hibs played.

They looked excellent in the final third but they are not really excellent footballers Imho. We made it far too easy for them and the most frustrating thing is that they didn't really do anything different from the cup game. It is staggering that we seemed so badly prepared.

:agree::agree:

Couldn't give a damn about how well they played, had we played well and got beaten then that is a different kettle of fish.

Baldy Foghorn
18-02-2010, 09:11 AM

And we were abysmal all over the park, they won't get an easier game all season:grr:

IWasThere2016
18-02-2010, 09:18 AM
They did indeed play well hibsbollah, ball retention was superb, mixed it up with a combination of long ball and nice crisp passing. But Hibs didn't really make them work for the goals. I think any side would have looked superb against us last night. McInnes is a top manager in the making. Every single player working hard for each other, physical, but play with pace and strength. They were clinical in patches, but we are soooooo lucky they weren't clinical in other periods second half.

:agree: We made it easy for them. The 'highlights' are on the Beeb the lack of fight, dig and bite in the tackles is embarrassing .. no pressure put on the ball too often. Total horror show!