PDA

View Full Version : The goals we conceded

Cameron1875
18-02-2010, 02:54 AM
Dont want to prologne the agony but some of the goals we conceded was just from basic mistakes and unbelievably poor defending.

1st goal: Maybe deeks could have stopped the cross but he aint a left back and miller gets dragged to the ball meaning he is not marking craig.

2nd goal: bamba and hogg have to have a word with themselves here. The ball is played into bamba for our free kick and when its lost he just JOGS back without a care in the world. Then as st johnstone break chris hogg has a look to see where sheridan is but then just switches off and lets him ghost in at the front post. Pathetic marking and the types of goals we are losing at the moment.

3rd goal: Dont really understand why hogg had to go to craig when wotherspoon is standing right next to him:confused:. This allows a free cross to come in but gotta admit it, it is a decent header from the big man deucher.

4th goal: Well done miller you have won the ball now CLEAR IT out the pitch, not dribble it onto our own goal line. Christ i know we like to play football but there is a time and a place.

5th goal: No need sol:boo hoo:

Hopefully there are no smart comments about me just making scapegoats and just picking on certain players because i am just calling the goals as i see them. I dont have any personal issues with any of the team it just frustrates me how we just gifted goals to the opposition. Again.

If the players fight for each other and play safety first then we will get something on saturday (hopefully):notworthy:

The_Horde
18-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Shocking defensive performance and IMO yes Hughes picked the wrong team, but no danger should a bunch of professional football players who are sitting in 3RD PLACE!! in the league be defending that poorly.

Jesus i thought i was watching us under Blobby.

Beefster
18-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Dont want to prologne the agony but some of the goals we conceded was just from basic mistakes and unbelievably poor defending.

1st goal: Maybe deeks could have stopped the cross but he aint a left back and miller gets dragged to the ball meaning he is not marking craig.

2nd goal: bamba and hogg have to have a word with themselves here. The ball is played into bamba for our free kick and when its lost he just JOGS back without a care in the world. Then as st johnstone break chris hogg has a look to see where sheridan is but then just switches off and lets him ghost in at the front post. Pathetic marking and the types of goals we are losing at the moment.

3rd goal: Dont really understand why hogg had to go to craig when wotherspoon is standing right next to him:confused:. This allows a free cross to come in but gotta admit it, it is a decent header from the big man deucher.

4th goal: Well done miller you have won the ball now CLEAR IT out the pitch, not dribble it onto our own goal line. Christ i know we like to play football but there is a time and a place.

Hopefully there are no smart comments about me just making scapegoats and just picking on certain players because i am just calling the goals as i see them. I dont have any personal issues with any of the team it just frustrates me how we just gifted goals to the opposition. Again.

If the players fight for each other and play safety first then we will get something on saturday (hopefully):notworthy:

By your logic, if Riordan is beyond criticism because he's not a left back then Bamba and Miller can't be criticised for the above because Bamba's not a striker and Miller's not a central defender.

truehibernian
18-02-2010, 07:57 AM
First two goals you can lay safely at the door of Riordan IMO. Too slow in closing down during the build up to the first, and for the second, why oh why, when they fight for the ball one week, he decides not to shoot/cross in an attacking edge of the box position (instead giving Miller a stupid ball at pace across the box when our players are all set for the set piece). Third I would blame a combination of Hogg (out of position and lacking pace) and Hanlon for not tracking Deuchar. Fourth, Miller looked like a juvenile footballer not knowing what to do, and Bamba........just no need at all. Let's be brutally honest though. Smith saved us from a tanking (and the Saints finishing second half). Never have I seen a Hibs team carved open at will so often, and the main culprit, who waited until around 65 minutes or so to notice, was the big fella Yogi. Terrible terrible management of the situation. Ignorant management, and this result has been coming if we are again being brutally honest. Winning games against Irvine Meadow (who could have been 2 up inside 10 mins), Hamilton (who could have been 2 up inside 10 mins) and St Mirren (who could have been..........you know the script). The players need to come out with the same steely determination at KO that they seem to have at ER when they are chasing a win/equalizer late in games. They just don't seem switched on and the mindset at ER is all wrong amongst some IMO.

Judas Iscariot
18-02-2010, 09:17 AM
First two goals you can lay safely at the door of Riordan IMO. Too slow in closing down during the build up to the first, and for the second, why oh why, when they fight for the ball one week, he decides not to shoot/cross in an attacking edge of the box position (instead giving Miller a stupid ball at pace across the box when our players are all set for the set piece). Third I would blame a combination of Hogg (out of position and lacking pace) and Hanlon for not tracking Deuchar. Fourth, Miller looked like a juvenile footballer not knowing what to do, and Bamba........just no need at all. Let's be brutally honest though. Smith saved us from a tanking (and the Saints finishing second half). Never have I seen a Hibs team carved open at will so often, and the main culprit, who waited until around 65 minutes or so to notice, was the big fella Yogi. Terrible terrible management of the situation. Ignorant management, and this result has been coming if we are again being brutally honest. Winning games against Irvine Meadow (who could have been 2 up inside 10 mins), Hamilton (who could have been 2 up inside 10 mins) and St Mirren (who could have been..........you know the script). The players need to come out with the same steely determination at KO that they seem to have at ER when they are chasing a win/equalizer late in games. They just don't seem switched on and the mindset at ER is all wrong amongst some IMO.

What a load of ***** by the way

Baldy Foghorn
18-02-2010, 09:19 AM

You don't have to be a defender to stop crosses, every player can do that, it is a team game...........

jdships
18-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Surely the bottom line last night was that we were "outmuscled " in midfield where St's had two natural C/H's playing .
That led to us struggling to gain any decent possession.
Haven't read Yogi's take on the match but understand he admits to getting the team selection wrong

Any comments ?
:confused:

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-02-2010, 10:09 AM
For all the hooing and hahing going on about this game I for one think Hughes won't change the team for Motherwell, Bamba the baloon will still be there so will the phantom captain Hogg to name a couple, if he does this then there is no point in thinking about 3rd place, just hope our freefall just manages to keep us in the top 6.

Sorry but I lost sleep with that performance last night :bitchy:

greenlex
18-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Surely the bottom line last night was that we were "outmuscled " in midfield where St's had two natural C/H's playing .
That led to us struggling to gain any decent possession.
Haven't read Yogi's take on the match but understand he admits to getting the team selection wrong

Any comments ?
:confused:

nail on head.
This also led to the punt up the park. There was no one showing for it in midfeild. Sadly missed McBride and Miller had his worst performance yet. Still Saturday is the big one IMO d
So here's hoping lessons have been learnt

NoTottiNoParty
18-02-2010, 12:11 PM

It was Murray who got beat at the back post. He never won a header all night and was dreadful.

I agree with the second point though- we're far too slow out the traps and often find ourselves at least one goal down before we start playing!
This year alone we've went had to come from behind against Hearts, Celtic and Aberdeen. Ok thats a good sign that we've come back but on the other hand, nights like last night shows we're not good enough to give sides the lead all the time.