PDA

View Full Version : Performence

Green4Go07
17-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Just back from game tonight,ok it was the wrong team selection,but that is no excuse for a totally inept performence from the players selected.Opposition managers are talking Hibs up,and the players are thinking all they have to do is turn up and the game will take care of itself.
If the players don't realise soon that they have to roll up their sleeves and dig in,3rd or even 4th place could pass them by.

Jim44
17-02-2010, 11:47 PM
.[B]Opposition managers are talking Hibs up[/B

..... yes, in public and to the media, only because we have worked our way into a good league position ......but a lot of them will be pointing out to their players that we are not 'all that' and we are there to be beaten, with a bit of confidence and belief. Where the hell is our confidence and belief?

HIBERNIAN 1875
18-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Poor line up and tactics to begin with, but even so, no excuses can be made for such a inept performance by the players. Dreadful...

Green7
18-02-2010, 12:14 AM
........and the manager ought to have made changes earlier. The same team came out after halftime and the start 2nd half was quite similar to the first.

Green4Go07
18-02-2010, 10:23 AM
.......agree,if Yogi say had brought on Nish at start of 2nd half played the the ball earlier to front men and get StJohnstone on the back foot[as worked against Aberdeen],i am sure we could have got an early goal and come away with at least a draw.
I am not saying this is the type of football that Hibs supporters want to see,but sometimes is needed to grind a result out,when plan A is not working.

HFC 0-7
18-02-2010, 10:30 AM
.......agree,if Yogi say had brought on Nish at start of 2nd half played the the ball earlier to front men and get StJohnstone on the back foot[as worked against Aberdeen],i am sure we could have got an early goal and come away with at least a draw.
I am not saying this is the type of football that Hibs supporters want to see,but sometimes is needed to grind a result out,when plan A is not working.

Nish wouldnt have been the answer. He is not great in the air and Duberry would have had him covered off. Nish would not have been the answer. the game was lost in the midfield, poor retention and a severe lack of creativity and most of all there was no bite in there.

Love the Green
18-02-2010, 11:05 AM
I am not saying this is the type of football that Hibs supporters want to see, but sometimes is needed to grind a result out,when plan A is not working.

Trust me any HIBS SUPPORTER only wants to see winning football but if we can win with flair and flowing football all the better.....Firstly it is the club we love and want to do well and if this involves rough games where we grind out a reasult then we may not be happy woth the performance but will certainly take the result.

"keep the faith":wink:

Golden Bear
18-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Only Rangers, Celtic & Motherwell allow Hibs time on the ball to play the type of football they're good at

For the other fixtures, you've got to play horses for courses and I don't think we've got the right mix of players to do that.

ahibby
18-02-2010, 11:50 AM
I think we did start trying really hard but unfortunately by then we were already two down. It was partially down then to our efforts that they only scored five; it could have been many more. Lets not ignore the effort Saints put in last night and I doubt that they could keep that up every week but I'm not trying to take anything away from them. If they could keep that up every week (that level of effort and right tactics) they'd be definite top six material. They'll be hoping they can, they showed they are better than Aberdeen and Hearts when they play like that (and us for that matter).