PDA

View Full Version : Worst result since?

Nakedmanoncrack
17-02-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm struggling to think of a heavier defeat against a team of St Johnstone's stature. I recall a 5-0 defeat to Aberdeen at Easter Road but they were league champions at the time.

Hibernian Verse
17-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Not sure about worst defeat but worst performance since the semi against the mini huns.

Jim44
17-02-2010, 11:34 PM
A seriously bad result/even worse performance, but only stays that way if we don't bounce back.

Bishop Hibee
17-02-2010, 11:34 PM
6-2 v Motherwell was the final nail in Duff Jimmy's coffin.

I can't think of too many other times when we've shipped more than 4 in the SPL except once v Hertz and a few times v the OF. Certainly not against a team so many places below us in the league.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-02-2010, 11:37 PM

I can't think of too many other times when we've shipped more than 4 in the SPL except once v Hertz and a few times v the OF. Certainly not against a team so many places below us in the league.

:agree:
Forgot about that 6-2.

Dalkeith
17-02-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm struggling to think of a heavier defeat against a team of St Johnstone's stature. I recall a 5-0 defeat to Aberdeen at Easter Road but they were league champions at the time.

Dnipro
Dnipropetrovsk 5 -Hibs 1

Nakedmanoncrack
17-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Dnipro
Dnipropetrovsk 5 -Hibs 1

To be fair Dnipro were of somewhat higher stature than the collection of journeymen, and non-entities we were up against tonight.

Hainan Hibs
17-02-2010, 11:43 PM

First ever time I swore at a football match was at that game. I was about 8 and decided to follow my uncle's lead and scream in a very high pitched voice "youse should be put in a ****ing creche" to that wee stand with all the bams.

Almost got my arse kicked all the way back to Edinburgh by my dad:greengrin

scoopyboy
17-02-2010, 11:46 PM

Think we also lost 6-2 at Killie, McSwegan hat trick.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Think we also lost 6-2 at Killie, McSwegan hat trick.

:boo hoo:
That rings a bell, end of 2002/03 season I think, not sure that being reminded of these previous atrocities, and the fact that tonight's drubbing is not quite as unique as I thought, is making me feel any better..

Crab apple
17-02-2010, 11:55 PM
7-0 against the Huns under Miller. The lack of being up for it was thee thing that got me most. The league cup semi under Sauzee against Ayr was truly awful and tonight came close. On the positive i can't see it happening again any time soon under Yogi. Felt really bad tonight to have the farmers chanting can we play you every week

truehibernian
18-02-2010, 12:19 AM
If we were all being honest, they deserved at the very least a point in the league game, and they played us off the park in the CIS game. This result sticks in my throat because Yogi must have known that. Ibrox and tonight was no time to start tinkering with systems that were on an unbeaten run again. Players were atrocious but he is equally accountable for this result IMO.

Scorrie
18-02-2010, 08:23 AM
There was a 4-1 home pumping from Dunfermline under Bobby. Truly awful but it did inspire one of the great Hibs Net front page headlines "Complete and Utter Pish"!

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-02-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm struggling to think of a heavier defeat against a team of St Johnstone's stature. I recall a 5-0 defeat to Aberdeen at Easter Road but they were league champions at the time.4-0 against the Saints, I left at HT that night!! :grr:

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-02-2010, 08:32 AM
There was a 4-1 home pumping from Dunfermline under Bobby. Truly awful but it did inspire one of the great Hibs Net front page headlines "Complete and Utter Pish"!If that was the Sunday game at ER after we beat Rangers in the Semi @ Hampden that was exceptionally grim.

I was that bevvied by the time I got home that I tripped going up the stair and smashed my face off the top step, the scene was like something out of Dexter.

The Fish Supper remained intact though!

joe breezy
18-02-2010, 08:36 AM
5-1 defeat 2-1 defeat, same number of points lost

They've already beat us 3-1 at Easter Road this season so we should have been much better prepared

A shame as we can do better, it's at times like these I do wonder why I take interest in a group of 20 somethings kicking a ball around

Then I realise it's all about the social aspect for me

Scorrie
18-02-2010, 08:46 AM
If that was the Sunday game at ER after we beat Rangers in the Semi @ Hampden that was exceptionally grim.

I was that bevvied by the time I got home that I tripped going up the stair and smashed my face off the top step, the scene was like something out of Dexter.

The Fish Supper remained intact though!

I think it was actually a Tuesday night game. I was at the sunday game and Stevie Bawbag ran us ragged. So we got pumped twice 4-1 at home from Dunfermline. Grim days indeed...

number 27
18-02-2010, 08:48 AM
There was a 4-1 home pumping from Dunfermline under Bobby. Truly awful but it did inspire one of the great Hibs Net front page headlines "Complete and Utter Pish"!

That was the worst, it was "only" 4-1 but no complaints if it had been 12-1.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I think it was actually a Tuesday night game. I was at the sunday game and Stevie Bawbag ran us ragged. So we got pumped twice 4-1 at home from Dunfermline. Grim days indeed...Right enough, never noticed the Bobby reference. Both were p!ss poor right enough! 4-0 @ ER when Billy Dodds & Keith, Keith, Keith took the mickey was a bad one too! I'm getting depressed!

Mikeystewart
18-02-2010, 09:39 AM
getting hammered 3-0 at home of livi before they got relegated.

Mag7
18-02-2010, 09:52 AM
We got beat 6-0 at Parkhead same season we beat Celtic en route to the League Cup final under Blobby. Deeks got sent off early on. That's our heaviest defeat this century.

sambajustice
18-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Stranraer? Stirling Albion (twice)? The season we got relegated and Raith papped us out the Scottish 2 or 3-1. They were in the first division, the thing is though I think they were favourites for the tie, no-one expected Hibs to beat them!!

HibeeUnderwood
18-02-2010, 11:07 AM
If your talking any game then regardless of it being Barcelona, a 6-0 pummelling is not a good result! :grr:

If we're on about competitive games then I'm going to say our 4-3 defeat at home to Morton in the CIS Cup last season. That was a god awful game! :grr:

Bristolhibby
18-02-2010, 11:16 AM
We got beat 6-0 at Parkhead same season we beat Celtic en route to the League Cup final under Blobby. Deeks got sent off early on. That's our heaviest defeat this century.

I was at that one. Boxing day, 2003 or the 27th. Left at 5-0. We were doing alright until the sending off.

Painful ones are

the Semi final against them, at Hampden.
Final against Livi (after dumping both of the old firm out)
5-1 aginst them at the PBS.
Pars in the Semi a few years ago. Last minute penalty in the replay.
St Johnstone in the CIS this year.
4-4 (defeat) at the PBS.

All of the above have had me raging.

J

If Only
18-02-2010, 12:30 PM
7-0 against the Huns under Miller. The lack of being up for it was thee thing that got me most. The league cup semi under Sauzee against Ayr was truly awful and tonight came close. On the positive i can't see it happening again any time soon under Yogi. Felt really bad tonight to have the farmers chanting can we play you every week

To add a bit of positivity to this after that defeat at Ibrox did we not go on to beat the **** at E.R.

IWasThere2016
18-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Worst Ive seen since we failed to show at EEP under Mogga. Think it was CIS 1/4 final and we were pumped 3-0

lyonhibs
18-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I wasn't there last night, but I struggle to see how that could have been any more depressing (because at least under Yogi you know there's a good chance things will get better) than the 4-1 bumming we took at home to Dunfermline under Blobby.

Mid-week, freezing, foggy, awful, could have been 10-1.

Just. Grim. Worst league performance I can think of.

:jamboak:

Malthibby
18-02-2010, 01:08 PM
0-6 (or 1-6?) v. Partick at Easter Road, wearing the hideous purple away strip. One of Tony Higgins finest peformances.:bitchy:

Wull
18-02-2010, 02:42 PM
5-1 defeat 2-1 defeat, same number of points lost

They've already beat us 3-1 at Easter Road this season so we should have been much better prepared

A shame as we can do better, it's at times like these I do wonder why I take interest in a group of 20 somethings kicking a ball around

Then I realise it's all about the social aspect for me

Well U got me beat there mate, ur no a Hibee so :yawn:

GraniteCityHibs
18-02-2010, 02:58 PM
I remember us taking a 4-0 pasting at Pittodrie in the early/mid 90's!

Paul Kane scored a cracker for them IIRC!

That one hurt for me personally as I took pelters for it on the Monday at school!!

Kids can be so cruel, especially when you're the only Hibby in the school!

Alfred E Newman
18-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Great howkings are part and parcel of being a Hibs fan. I remember the great Turnbulls Tornadoes getting cuffed 4-1 by bottom of the league Dumbarton and a 4-0 at Clyde. On my wedding day, 15th March 1969 we lost at home to the mighty Arbroath , their only away win of the season, and of course they were also to knock us out of the cup at Easter Road in the late seventies.

Van Nasten 34
18-02-2010, 10:02 PM
It has to be Stanraer.That day still sends a shiver down my spine!!!

james62
18-02-2010, 10:23 PM
I remember us taking a 4-0 pasting at Pittodrie in the early/mid 90's!

Paul Kane scored a cracker for them IIRC!

That one hurt for me personally as I took pelters for it on the Monday at school!!

Kids can be so cruel, especially when you're the only Hibby in the school!

I remember that one as well, at least the sheep had a decent team then. It was when they pumped us 4-0 in 2000 when they were bottom of the league that was really hard to take.

FranckSuzy
18-02-2010, 10:42 PM
It has to be Stanraer.That day still sends a shiver down my spine!!!

I remember that day only too well. Was in the old press box in the main stand with Stuart Crowther, who was commentating on the game for .net (i.e. typing the updates in the old days) and Paul (ken him from Radio Scotland? Aye that's him :wink:) told us about the Enniskillen bombing and thereafter, the result didn't seem the most important thing in the world.....

TRC
18-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Playing Hamilton in the 1st and the worst 0-0 draw ever