PDA

View Full Version : Changes For Saturday!

NOLA
17-02-2010, 10:12 PM
After tonights embarrassing result changes have to be made for saturdays motherwell game, but does Hughes make too many changes which means bringing in players who have been out in the cold thus sending out a team which is untried or does he just change 2 positions? the formation needs sorted big style, too many forwards means giving up the midfield and possession, all very well saying we've got goals in the team but how about trying to keep it tight and then going forward? Ideas?

noseyhibby
17-02-2010, 10:41 PM
After tonights embarrassing result changes have to be made for saturdays motherwell game, but does Hughes make too many changes which means bringing in players who have been out in the cold thus sending out a team which is untried or does he just change 2 positions? the formation needs sorted big style, too many forwards means giving up the midfield and possession, all very well saying we've got goals in the team but how about trying to keep it tight and then going forward? Ideas?

I would drop Bamba, put Hogg back in the middle of defence alongside Hanlon, and absolutely swamp the midfield. Motherwell are a form team and we simply have to ensure that we get at least a point, just to get a measure of confidence back.

MussyHibby
17-02-2010, 10:43 PM
I would drop Bamba, put Hogg back in the middle alongside Hanlon, and absolutely swamp the midfield. Motherwell are a form team and we simply have to ensure that we get at least a point, just to get a measure of confidence back.

I would drop Hogg, Bamba in the middle alongside Hanlon, and absolutely swamp the midfield. Motherwell are a form team and we simply have to ensure that we get at least a point, just to get a measure of confidence back. :wink:

hibeeliam
17-02-2010, 10:44 PM
4-3-3 is the way to go. defence from left to right. murray, hanlon hogg, wotherspoon (if fit)
midfield. miller. mcbride or rankin in the middle and zouma on the right. forwards. rioridan stokes benji

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm glad we have a manager who knows what he's doing. There's no need to panic, we are 3rd because of how well we have done up to now. No wholesale changes, just a bad day at the office, normal service will resume soon.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Smith

Murray
Hanlon
Hogg
Wotherspoon

Rankin
Zemmama
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

SUBS

Stack
Bamba
Thicot
Stevenson
Cregg
Gow
Benjelloun

blackhibee
I still think that Thicot should be given a chance, but he won't drop Hogg or Bamba so that's probably scuppered.

Westie1875
Spoony in, Bamba out & Hogg to CH.

Benji & Zouma out

2 from Stevenson/Thicot/Cregg in to set Miller free to support the forwards (Stokes & Deek).

Thats probably too many changes but I'm annoyed :devil:

Yogi will decide but he needs to change something

Judas Iscariot
17-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Please revert to a simple 4-4-2 to start..

Drop Hogg and Rankin as they simply aren't good enough for us to sustain a challenge for 3rd place..

Zemamma and Benji, like tonight, won't be interested in a cold, stinking day at Fir Park on their mudbath like pitch when the cameras aren't there..

We need pace and width in the midfield, yes a proper midfield with 4 players!

I'd like to see..

Smith

Thicot Bamba Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon McBride Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

SUBS

Stack
Hogg
Stevenson
Cregg
Benji
Gow
Zemamma

Wotherspiniesta
17-02-2010, 11:05 PM
It's easy to say this now obviously, but as soon as I seen the team tonight I knew we would get beat. Here's why: a) Hogg is never a right back in a million years. He doesn't have the pace or the passing ability for the position. b) The midfield 2 of Rankin and Miller simply does not work. The two of them are much better getting forward and creating than working back to win the ball and c) I hate to single them out but Zemmama and Benji don't contribute enough away from home. Zouma had a good game against Motherwell at the start of the season but that aside, they just don't have the dig needed to help the side.

The midfield is the main problem IMO. When we don't have Mcbride available Yogi just adds another attacking player thinking it will compensate for his loss. Thicot is the only player I can think of who can do play a role similair to Mcbride (breaking up play, helping out the fullbacks when we lose the ball) This mess (2nd half v Rangers and tonight) needs to be addressed ASAP and can be done with 4 simple moves :

Thicot in for Zouma.
Nish in for Benji ( might be a problem now he's suspended)
Wotherspoon in for Bamba
Galbraith in for Riordan

............................Smith................. ...............

Wotherspoon......Hogg....Hanlon...............Murr ay

...........................Thicot................. .............

..............Miller.....................Rankin... .............

......................Nish........................ ....Galbraith

.............................Stokes............... ..............

It may look a little unorthodox, but it's the formation that seems to work for us.
It allows Miller and Rankin to get forward. ( Miller's freedom being restricted has been the main reason we haven't created enough chances in the last 2 games IMO). It allows Wotherspoon to come back in and prove why he should be one of the first on the team sheet every week. It gives Bamba a chance to sort his head, giving him a reality check and let Hogg and Hanlon develop an even better understanding. And finally, gives Galbraith the chance he deserves, he's an out and out winger with pace and can be a real asset to this team if given the chance.

Come on Yogi, no time for sticking with players based on their reputation.

HibeeUnderwood
17-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Changes have to be made so here goes.

GK Smith

DR McCann
DC Hogg
DC Murray
DL Hanlon

MR Wotherspoon
MC Rankin
MC Miller
ML Galbraith

ST Stokes
ST Riordan

Subs
Stack
Thicot
Stevenson
Cregg
Zemmama
Gow
Benji

Hibby 2005
17-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Strange how Gow started against Rangers and didn't even come on tonight. Also, Galbraith must wonder what he has to do to get Yogi's attention and Wotherspoon's confidence may well have taken a knock which all points to an element of confusion in the Manager's mind. If Utd get any kind of result at the weekend then it will be a struggle to hang in there especially if we go down at Motherwell.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Strange how Gow started against Rangers and didn't even come on tonight. Also, Galbraith must wonder what he has to do to get Yogi's attention and Wotherspoon's confidence may well have taken a knock which all points to an element of confision in the Manager's mind. If Utd get any kind of result at the weekend then it will be a struggle to hang in there especially if we go down at Motherwell.

Having seen his no-show 'performance' on Sunday, it wasn't a surprise to me that he was dropped.

I hadn't actually realised that Gow had even played in the first half on Sunday, until I heard people talking about how poor he had been, at half time.

NOLA
17-02-2010, 11:14 PM
4-3-3 is the way to go. defence from left to right. murray, hanlon hogg, wotherspoon (if fit)
midfield. miller. mcbride or rankin in the middle and zouma on the right. forwards. rioridan stokes benji

McBride is out for 3 weeks:boo hoo:

hibeeliam
17-02-2010, 11:16 PM
McBride is out for 3 weeks:boo hoo:

then miller isnt as good for 3 weeks:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

500miles
17-02-2010, 11:22 PM
.........................Smith
Wotherspoon.Hogg........Hanlon.Murray
................Thicot.......Rankin
........................Miller
.......Benji(Nish suspended?).Zemmama
.......................Stokes

Bench

.Stack
.Bamba
.Stevenson
.Riordan
.Gow
.Galbraith
.Benji (If Nish isn't suspended)/McCormack

Back to basics, get Thicot in that role for simple passes, retaining possession, making himself available - all the stuff McBride does so well, and a bit of physical edge, which could be useful on M'Wells surface. Although Stevenson may be a shout too.

Riordan needs to sit this out. He's not got the speed to play on the shoulder of Central Defenders, doesn't beat his man enough, and doesn't hold up the ball. His good delivery can feed Stokes from the wing, but it's not applicable when he's up front.

Bamba has been hellish, and Wotherspoon should never have been dropped in the first place. Put him at full back, and give us a quick right sided outball to feet when we can.

I think Nish works well with Stokes, as the little irishman is always buzzing around waiting for the scraps and knock ons, but if he's not available, lets hope Benji turns up.

Hibby 2005
17-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Having seen his no-show 'performance' on Sunday, it wasn't a surprise to me that he was dropped.

I hadn't actually realised that Gow had even played in the first half on Sunday, until I heard people talking about how poor he had been, at half time.

I think the "surprise" was that Gow actually started on Sunday considering he'd only had a few mins playing time with Hibs after a long lay off.
Yogi has been inconsistent with his line-ups recently and is now paying the price.

NOLA
17-02-2010, 11:42 PM
I'll go for-

Smith
McCann
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Spoony
Miller
Rankin
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Stack
Lewis
Zouma
Benji
Thicot
Bamba

NOLA
18-02-2010, 05:47 PM
might drop Riordan and replace with Benji up top.

sesoim
18-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I'd go:

Smith
Wotherspoon Hogg Hanlon Murray
Rankin Bamba Miller
Zemm Stokes Riordan

Thicot also deserves a chance, as does Galbraith, but I wouldn't want to disrupt the team too much.

In the longer term, I think Nish, Benji, Rankin, Stevenson, Maka and Cregg will leave this summer, as will Bamba and Zemmama if we get good bids for them two. Next season we need three new signings - another Jones type in defence, a Sauzee type in midfield, and a Mark Hately type up front. Hopefully McCann will get back playing soon to sort the RB problem and release Wotherspoon into midfield.

jws1875
18-02-2010, 06:27 PM
wheres the under 19s team from last season when we need them.