PDA

View Full Version : Yogi must go!!!!(Merged threads)

Sloppy
17-02-2010, 09:10 PM
:greengrin:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2010, 09:13 PM
:greengrin:greengrin:top marksIm sick of us getting beat and conceding goals. BRING BACK MIXU

NOLA
17-02-2010, 09:55 PM
:top marksIm sick of us getting beat and conceding goals. BRING BACK MIXU

Bring back Blobby:thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Bring back Blobby:thumbsup:Bring back the manager that won the scottish cup.Or whats left of him.

Banter
18-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Tony Mowbray might be out of a job soon:hmmm:

Ell_Chrisso
23-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Im not being funny, but our form for the last two months or so has been nothing short of embarassing.

These player's haven't just become bad over night. So who takes the blame?

He's lucky we had such a good start to the season, or he would of been sacked by now. Total shambles of a team!

What's your thoughts?

Sloppy
23-03-2010, 08:43 PM
knew it in february

Betty Boop
23-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Maybe he has lost the dressing room?

Ell_Chrisso
23-03-2010, 08:44 PM
And before its said, im NOT saying he SHOULD be sacked.

But something seriously needs sorted out!

Bad Martini
23-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Tony Mowbray might be out of a job soon:hmmm:

...there's plenty positions for folk looking to knock up McChicken Sandwiches and Big Macs....then when he's taken the dross as far as he can, he can hop it to BK and really excel at doing precisely **** all but being adorred by the many.

the_ginger_hibee
23-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I honestly dont know if he should. Cant say tbh, will wait till this all dies down.

What I can say though is next time, can we pick someone who is just a good candidate? None of this 'Hibs man' *****, we've seen with almost every appointment made this way, it doesn't work.

MussyHibby
Be really interested in Yogi's post match comments.

"Ma bhoys"...........are spineless!

Sprouleflyer
Yogi is pretty much playing the same type of tactics as Mixu and guess what, it's not working!!

It cost Mixu's job, why not Yogi?

carnoustiehibee
23-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Im not being funny, but our form for the last two months or so has been nothing short of embarassing.

He's lucky we had such a good start to the season, or he would of been sacked by now. Total shambles of a team!

What's your thoughts?

when did the players become good?

we were lucky at the start of the season, cant remember the last good game i was at

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2010, 08:46 PM
FFS! Does the new manager only get one chance at winning the Scottish as well?

broonie27
23-03-2010, 08:47 PM

What's your thoughts?

what do you mean they haven't become bad players over night. from memory they have played well about 3 times in the entire season. we were riding out luck all early season and now we are being found out - simple as.

ScottB
Don't know that he's lost the dressing room, perhaps he is too close to it.

A team full of wannabes and washed up journeymen isn't helping either.

jakedance
Yogi must stay. Definitely.

I can't offer a particularly convincing argument to back up my point of view though.

loanheadhibby
23-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Yogi is pretty much playing the same type of tactics as Mixu and guess what, it's not working!!

Yogi - my boys this and my boys that.....:blah:

Your boys are not good enough. get your coat and take them with you.

King Paddy
I now have serious resevations relating to the manager, out of his depth IMHO.

Ell_Chrisso
FFS! Does the new manager only get one chance at winning the Scottish as well?

Are you immune to all ?

We are talking complete attitude, or lack of sorry. And disgusting form we have been in for MONTHS.

Not just the fact we STRUGGLED and got defeated by a 1st div team, in a cup we aint won in 1000000000000 years.

whereswallace?
I would't sack him yet but i think he needs to get his head out his @rse and start realising that his tactics just are not working.Teams know how to play against us and we just do not know what to do when things are not going for us.(apart from lump the ball up the park).

down the slope
How long until he gets his jotters, i got pelters for suggesting he was clueless a few weeks back but i think some of you might agree that this shambles cannot go on, his tactics are inept and he now sounds like a stuck record with his excuses and explanations. Just wait until Rodders has a glance at the new season ticket uptake then that will decide his fate.

1two
23-03-2010, 08:49 PM
the reason this is so hard to take is that up until the rangers defeat at er in december, most of us actually thought we were on to something special.
How can we go from that to the utter pish we have been watching lately?
Yes, this is typed in anger but,we all knew that this was our chance to save our reason, plus against a first div side,
time for a change. Time for an experienced manager. Taxi for hughes.

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2010, 08:49 PM

Looks like it to me. He cut a pathetic figure on the news last night with his "shape up or ship out" talk.

I didn't expect him to get much response from that, and it appears he didn't.

Ell_Chrisso
23-03-2010, 08:50 PM
what do you mean they haven't become bad players over night. from memory they have played well about 3 times in the entire season. we were riding out luck all early season and now we are being found out - simple as.

Iv not at any point made out we were on top of the world. Because i haven't seen us play fantastic in any other than 3 games top this season also.

But something was obviously working. And then its not. Its up to the manager to sort that out.

the_ginger_hibee
Another thing we need to ask ourselves is if any other manger had Stokes, Riordan, Miller, Zemmama at their disposal, would they be doing just as bad?

I seriously think with the team we have and the quality of opponents in the SPL and below we should be romping to third. Especially with ex-premiership players such as Miller, Stokes etc. or the equivalent funds/budget we've paid for them.

I'm starting to really wonder if most managers would do a better job with what we have at our disposal. I think they would.

HarpyHibby
ASAP. Why the **** do you appoint a manager who has just managed to avoid relegation with his previous club? Thank god we had an excellent start as we would be relegation material now.

Greenblood70
I honestly couldn't give a flying one if he stays or not..I just can't summon up the energy to care a jot about the present Hibs set up at the moment.

carnoustiehibee
23-03-2010, 08:51 PM
he had ross county watched 5 times before the 1st game and changed nothing in tatics or selection.

plays the same formation every week and changes nothing thoughout the game.

Danderhall Hibs
Are you immune to all ?

No I'm not but I tend not to over-react and make changes will-nilly. I wouldn't have dropped Stack tonight either.

kev1875
Tactics, team selection and substitutions have been awful for months now. He doesn't even have a plan A anymore because every team in the country has sussed it out. IMO, another manager would perform better with what Yogi has at his disposal. Yogi GTF

Saorsa
How long until he gets his jotters, i got pelters for suggesting he was clueless a few weeks back but i think some of you might agree that this shambles cannot go on, his tactics are inept and he now sounds like a stuck record with his excuses and explanations. Just wait until Rodders has a glance at the new season ticket uptake then that will decide his fate.Tactics and team selections as bad a Mixu's. Now that the luck has ran out we're seeing how good we really are. :bitchy:

Ell_Chrisso
Just look at what Craig Brown has done with a very average Motherwell side....

PeeJay

What's your thoughts?

I think we should probably keep Yogi and ship out most of the wasters in the green and white shirts. Bring in more of the the young lads that did so well last year ! Give Yogi another year.

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2010, 08:52 PM
ASAP. Why the **** do you appoint a manager who has just managed to avoid relegation with his previous club? Thank god we had an excellent start as we would be relegation material now.

We appointed a manager that took his previous club to the Scottish Cup final.

truehibernian
23-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Derek McInnes please :agree:

Green7
23-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I wonder what Petrie is thinking at the moment.

Sprouleflyer
23-03-2010, 08:54 PM

Don't think he would come to Hibs, more likely to head down south.

Sprouleflyer

Buy a brick?

Ell_Chrisso
No I'm not but I tend not to over-react and make changes will-nilly. I wouldn't have dropped Stack tonight either.

I totally respect & understand your opinion.

Im not over reacting. im just trying to get everyones realistic views.

I reckon most will be very quick to question Yogi.. and why not?

brythehibby
23-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Yogi to go? No f*****g way. The players that won't knuckle down and fight for the jersey, the ones that aren't prepared to fight they need to go. Yogi's the right man for the job. He'll be hurting as much as us if not worse.

Jim44
23-03-2010, 08:56 PM
How long until he gets his jotters, i got pelters for suggesting he was clueless a few weeks back but i think some of you might agree that this shambles cannot go on, his tactics are inept and he now sounds like a stuck record with his excuses and explanations. Just wait until Rodders has a glance at the new season ticket uptake then that will decide his fate.

I got absolute pelters a few weeks ago also for suggesting that we would end up where we are right now and I don't get any satisfaction from being correct. Anyone without green-tinted specs could have seen it coming. I didn't blame Hughes at the time and laid the blame at the feet of the big time Charlies who thought they only had to turn up to win matches. However we have become so poor that you've got to look at Hughes and question his ability. All his verbal cr@p that won the supporters over is worth nothing now and his love affair with Hibs might not be enough to keep him in a job if things continue the way they are.

blaikie
I love Yogi to bits but hes losing it quickly. Changes now or hes offski i'm afraid.

loanheadhibby

any chance he is thinking cheap managers don't work?

Bad Martini
I think we should probably keep Yogi and ship out most of the wasters in the green and white shirts. Bring in more of the the young lads that did so well last year ! Give Yogi another year.

I think we HAVE to give him longer or we run the risk of turning into a yamish managerial circus outfit and that'd be even worse.

However, that is the only reason I'd cite for not getting rid and I am not just referring to tonight or getting beaten of the yams. We've been lucky for months....our lucks run out, there's no plan B and now oor team look like a big bunch of lost fannies....simply.

joey1875
I have been a huge fan of yogi but sorry to say if he doesn't sort things out soon he must go:grr::grr:

Sir David Gray
I still stand by what I said the other day after the Hearts defeat. It's still far too early to consider sacking him but it's getting harder all the time to defend his position. If things haven't improved by October/November time then that is the time that things should be seriously looked at.

I know 3rd place is still arithmetically possible but with the bad run that we are currently on, it's going to be very difficult to end it. I would personally say that tonight's result marks the end of our season, so I think everything should now just be geared up for preparing for next season.

houston1875
23-03-2010, 08:59 PM
will hogg hanlon be back on sat?

jacomo

Mixu got 18 months.

Yogi has had half that time.

archiebald
Does he have another problem now with Smith ? going by how easy he seems to drop his keepers ?:confused:

down the slope
What if we get beat at Falkirk on Saturday ?, there is every chance that could happen as it seems we are in freefall, what team would you think will put up the biggest fight on Saturday ?.

the_ginger_hibee
Tactics and team selectiobns as bad a Mixu's. Now that the luck has ran out we're seeing how good we really are. :bitchy:

Worst thing is he has a ten times better squad and bigger wage and transfer budgets, yet we are seeing same if not worse performances in the last few weeks than any horror show we seen under Mixu.

HibeeUnderwood
23-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Duff Jimmy :duck:

King Paddy
Time to bring in an experienced manager Craig Brown of motherwell would get my vote. The other being D.Mcinnes at ST. Jonstone. Yogi get te ----.

madabouthibs

I can't offer a particularly convincing argument to back up my point of view though.
:top marks
I reckon the players do well ,work hard, get to where we want them to be, then they start getting dizzy on being bummed up by us and the media. Come later in the season they think they've done enough. Drink driving, out on the juice on a Sunday night after an embarrassing performance against the ****bos, then they turn in that pish a couple of nights later??? Absolute joke! Bunch of Prima-donnas that would be sacked if they had a "real life" job like the rest of us.
Problem is, how do you get rid of these toolbags? Bunch of ****ing big bairns!
I'm sorry, but I can't bring myself to blame Yogi for all of this. We can't argue that he isn't making changes to the team. :grr: There isn't one player in that team I'd be dissapointed to lose right now, they're all pish! :bye:

Davy Mac
Buy a brick?

:tee hee:

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Jocky Scott?

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Just calmed down a bit, my answer is yes, i was one who wanted him here for his leadership qualities and it turns out he's a slavering tactically naive numpty, Mixu mark 2, just what do we have to do instill what playing for the Hibernian badge means, if anyone was going to do that I thought JH was the man, how wrong can you be.

How the hell can a team from a town of 5000 totally outplay us over 120 minutes, and this just sums up what is wrong here, nae guts nae glory, and I'll bet Petrie is worried sick that there will be no takers for new season tickets.

Season over (unless you can work miracles)

jacomo
23-03-2010, 09:03 PM

Absolute garbage, I'm afraid.

If you can't understand that the Falkirk job and the Hibs job are two different sets of circumstances, then please keep quiet until someone has explained it to you.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Jocky Scott?

Gie yirsel a shake pal eh!

Thecat23
If he has lost the dressing room then we have a major problem in the team! Collins, Mixu, Yogi? Is there someone upsetting everything? Because you can't tell me that 3 managers on the bounce all lose the dressing room. Maybe a look at the playing staff is needed here.

Billy McKirdy
How many times in his interviews this last week has he said "I dont want to patronise the Hibs fans"?
If you come out with more clap-trap like that in your post-match interview tonight Yogi, you & me are finished, finito! How the **** can we fail to beat a bunch of tuechters like Ross County...I am ****ing hurting like **** tonight Hughes and you better do the decent thing...get to ****!! :grr:

Ell_Chrisso
23-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Awww cummon admin, i started this first! :D

And its a discussion, NOT for him to be SACKED

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-03-2010, 09:04 PM
How long.

The quicker the better

Davy Mac
23-03-2010, 09:05 PM
if he has lost the dressing room then we have a major problem in the team! Collins, mixu, yogi? Is there someone upsetting everything? Because you can't tell me that 3 managers on the bounce all lose the dressing room. Maybe a look at the playing staff is needed here.

£££££££££££££

imo

H18sry
23-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Time to bring in an experienced manager Craig Brown of motherwell would get my vote. The other being D.Mcinnes at ST. Jonstone. Yogi get te ----.

:confused: he has less expierience than JH

sauzee
23-03-2010, 09:06 PM
we're a rudderless ship floundering from one crisis to the another,way back when he made hogg captain ! bad decision,never a captain in his life,how many keepers does a club need,signed players ie, gow,we didn't really need ! tactics simply do not work,bad decision after bad decision,time's up !

weecounty hibby
23-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Absolute garbage, I'm afraid.

If you can't understand that the Falkirk job and the Hibs job are two different sets of circumstances, then please keep quiet until someone has explained it to you.
Please can you explain it for the rest of us. Both have 11 players, both struggle to win games, both played nice football, both have no plan B, both are easy to play against, both easy to stop from playing. What are the different circumstances???

Jim44
23-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Hughes has to put his money where his huge mouth is and carry out his threat to get in a few players who have guts and character. We're lumbered with too many losers till summer but he has to make sweeping changes in the summer window.

jacomo
23-03-2010, 09:09 PM

Was it you that said this tie was effectively a bye into the semi finals?

So much for that kind of complacent attitude, eh?

jdships
23-03-2010, 09:12 PM
A couple of questions to be answered IMO
1. Where exactly do Hibs go from here ?
2. We have been down the road of ex Hibs players as manager a number of times - not one has really worked since Turnbull - is it time to go for a TOP class overseas manager ?

I was not totally convinced re Hughes appointment at the time by virtue of "yet another ex Hibbee" but was quite happy to see how it went .
It looks , sadly, as if my fears are going to be realised

:confused:

LancashireHibby
23-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Jocky Scott?

Only if he brings his jetpack.

Needs to be an 'outsider' though. I thought we'd turned the corner at the start of the season, but it obviously hasn't taken long for the players to sink back in to their comfort zones. This club needs a huge kick up the arse, this year's cup draw was the biggest opportunity we'll have in 50 years to get to a cup final...let's not waste the chance to take advantage of a completed stadium next year because if things don't improve then we might as well not bother with opening the new East Stand as there will be plenty of empty seats in the other three stands.

down the slope
23-03-2010, 09:14 PM
we're a rudderless ship floundering from one crisis to the another,way back when he made hogg captain ! bad decision,never a captain in his life,how many keepers does a club need,signed players ie, gow,we didn't really need ! tactics simply do not work,bad decision after bad decision,time's up !

Spot on, when he made Hoggy captain i gave him the benefit of the doubt but the goalkeeper bit just shows there is no joined up thinking, i thought he was floundering in one of his media talk ins a few weeks ago and he sounded like a man who had no answer how we were going to turn our season round.
As i mentioned earlier when Rod gets a look at the ST sales he will be gone just the same as Mixu.

eastmainsmsh
23-03-2010, 09:21 PM

Yogi is the man .....its the effin big time charlies who need to be put in their place .... no wonder strachan didnt play riordan he has been ***** for us ..... liam miller has been ***** of late esp since he failed to win a move in january major clearout needed in summer .... its shocking if we couldnt finish ross county at home then what can we do :confused:

players need to look long and hard at themselfs and try n salvage our season

I feel for Yogi cos he is like us fans a diehard hibby

let the yam fannys gloat hopefully come end of season we will be in europe

if the players get their heids oot their erses :agree:

IWasThere2016
23-03-2010, 09:21 PM

He's culpable too .. Another poor appointment ..

Ell_Chrisso
23-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Would any1 show Hughes the door tomoro?

Or does he deserve more time..

steakbake
23-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Give him till the end of the season. If we can carry off 3rd or even 4th, he's done alright.

Alfred E Newman
23-03-2010, 09:25 PM
I think we were right to give Hughes the chance to see if he could bring the good times back to the Club. There is no doubting his feelings for the Hibs but it is looking more and more as if he is out of his depth. The January transfer window signings had the alarm bells ringing for me though I suppose it will be Browns turn for a game in goals on Saturday. Tonight he had Galbraith and Rankin warming up with 20 mins to go yet Galbraith came on with 5 mins to go and Benji with a minute to go. The Ross County manager made telling substitutions throughout the second half which eventually won them the game. Tactically out thought yet again. Petrie must be fuming at the loss of revenue from the semi finals and though Hughes might last the season but I doubt he will be here this time next year.

Del Boy
23-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Another thing we need to ask ourselves is if any other manger had Stokes, Riordan, Miller, Zemmama at their disposal, would they be doing just as bad?

I seriously think with the team we have and the quality of opponents in the SPL and below we should be romping to third. Especially with ex-premiership players such as Miller, Stokes etc. or the equivalent funds/budget we've paid for them.

I'm starting to really wonder if most managers would do a better job with what we have at our disposal. I think they would.

just off the phone to my mate who's on his way back from Dingwall (poor sod!) and we said very similar. With the wages he's had at his diposal Hughes is NOT doing a good job. Ok Miller and Stokes are good signings but any decent manager could get players of that quality with the wages we're paying them.

Yogi you better get a ****in grip and quick.:grr:

the_ginger_hibee
23-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I think we were right to give Hughes the chance to see if he could bring the good times back to the Club. There is no doubting his feelings for the Hibs but it is looking more and more as if he is out of his depth. The January transfer window signings had the alarm bells ringing for me though I suppose it will be Browns turn for a game in goals on Saturday. Tonight he had Galbraith and Rankin warming up with 20 mins to go yet Galbraith came on with 5 mins to go and Benji with a minute to go. The Ross County manager made telling substitutions throughout the second half which eventually won them the game. Tactically out thought yet again. Petrie must be fuming at the loss of revenue from the semi finals and though Hughes might last the season but I doubt he will be here this time next year.

Same on Saturday with Gailbrath and Byrne, had them stripped and ready to go on with about 20 minutes to go but didn't bring them all at all. He's clueless at times.

Judas Iscariot
23-03-2010, 09:31 PM
The buck stops with Hughes..

If he can't manage a team that contains guys like Murray, Bamba, Miller, Riordan, Stokes etc to get a victory over Ross County after 2 attempts there's something fundamentally wrong..

The football on offer is the same dross that was being served up under Mixup..

Folk just won't pay money to watch this *****!

I know I won't!

I'd rather go back to playing football on Saturdays myself than be subjected to this continual rubbish..

Betty Boop
23-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Yogi is the man .....its the effin big time charlies who need to be put in their place .... no wonder strachan didnt play riordan he has been ***** for us ..... liam miller has been ***** of late esp since he failed to win a move in january major clearout needed in summer .... its shocking if we couldnt finish ross county at home then what can we do :confused:

:confused: How was he getting a move in January ?

Judas Iscariot
23-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Buy a brick?

SHlT a brick mare likely :rolleyes:

jakedance
23-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Was it you that said this tie was effectively a bye into the semi finals?

So much for that kind of complacent attitude, eh?

Ha, aye it was. I've been trying to be positive and confident about all kinds of things recently. It's not really working out for me.

To be honest, and you probably won't believe this because its easy for me to say so now, I never really believed it.

Sammy7nil
23-03-2010, 09:37 PM
the reason this is so hard to take is that up until the rangers defeat at er in december, most of us actually thought we were on to something special.
How can we go from that to the utter pish we have been watching lately?
Yes, this is typed in anger but,we all knew that this was our chance to save our reason, plus against a first div side,
time for a change. Time for an experienced manager. Taxi for hughes.

Sorry but Hughes is now deemed an experienced manager.
Hughes has to punt players or change his ideals as the players we have cant play his system.
I think if Yogi does not punt at least 3 or 4 it will cost him his job he has to win back the dressing room as these players are playing football that will get him sacked.

Bobo
23-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Totally inept!

Not for the first time he's put out his side with the wrong line up, wrong formation, no tactics, very little football played again, and showed reluctance to introduce substitutes (only one very late on) because he hasn't the ability to change things.

To fail to produce a performance over 180 mins against a lower league side, in a cup tie, is unacceptable with the resources he has at his disposal.

Where was Hughe's bumboy superstar Bamba tonight, what did he do?
Why keep Mr offside Nish on the field?
Why continue playing your best striker wide and out of position?
Why play Stevenson and Wotherspoon at full back when neither can tackle and their distribution poor?
Why surrender midfield to the opposition again with another dreadful formation?

Where was the fight/guts/will to win? It would appear the players have no belief in Hughes' abilities and don't want to play for him.

The next big investment the club need to make is a decent manager, with a proven record, and not another under-achiever!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
A couple of questions to be answered IMO
1. Where exactly do Hibs go from here ?
2. We have been down the road of ex Hibs players as manager a number of times - not one has really worked since Turnbull - is it time to go for a TOP class overseas manager ?

I was not totally convinced re Hughes appointment at the time by virtue of "yet another ex Hibbee" but was quite happy to see how it went .
It looks , sadly, as if my fears are going to be realised

:confused:

Sober up eh, i can just see Mourinho itching to take over at Hibs right enough:faf:

Littlest Hobo
Needs to buy some taller players who can defend. :greengrin:wink:

HFC 0-7
23-03-2010, 09:39 PM

Yogi manages these players though! he isnt dropping any of the players! He only dropped smith and he wasnt playing that badly. All the other players in that team minus murray could and probably should have been dropped because of bad performances. Yogi prides himself in man management but at this point he has no answer, and because he wont, or is scared to drop the 'bigger' players, there is no forceful motivation in there. Yogi needs to have a look at if players arent pulling their weight drop them and bring in someone from the youth, it certainly cant be worse than what we see just now, and I am sure the youth players will have fight!

matty_f
23-03-2010, 09:42 PM
IMHO, while in no way, shape or form defending the shambles of the last however many ******ing games, sacking the manager would be the worst thing we could do.

Yogi has his work cut out in the summer, he needs to identify (if he hasn't already) two types of character at the club:

1) Those who aren't good enough.

2) Those who aren't up for it.

If he does that, gets in good quality to replace them and plays a system that doesn't allow the midfield to get over-run in almost every single game, then we'll see a big difference.

We need some continuity and stability at the club, and changing managers every season is one of the worst things that could happen.

jacomo
23-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Ha, aye it was. I've been trying to be positive and confident about all kinds of things recently. It's not really working out for me.

To be honest, and you probably won't believe this because its easy for me to say so now, I never really believed it.

Sadly, I think some of our players did.

HibeeDaz6270
23-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I think most of us Hibs fans are now expecting the worst, and that will be no european football next season. If we do now manage to get europe, it is a bonus in my eyes. I think it is rediculious to suggest Yogi must go, we have to give him a chance to put things right, and unfortunately that cannot be done over night. I have had alot of praise for yogi, and now i have alot of questions over him, Although for me we have to see if he can answer these questions by putting things right for next season. It is not in anyway going to benefit the club by getting rid of a manager when something goes wrong. I am as unahppy as anyone just now, but lets not jump the gun and want rid of Yogi, We have to give him the chance to put what could be a failure of a season right. In my opinion we have to give Yogi until at leat January next season. By this time he has had plenty time to identify where he has went wrong this season, and put things right. If he hasnt done it by then, then it is time for him to go, but far to early just now. The biggest thing he needs to get back in the team is team spirit, we need the players to have a passion for the game and for playing for Hibs. It may be a very hard time for us Hibs fans, but its a hard time we have to put up with just now. I hope he can do it, i really do, but only time will tell.

Sammy7nil
23-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Sorry but Yogis subs in the 1st game and two in this game probably cost us the Tie.

Wrong formation from KO I agree. BUT they equalise we are now in a fight and he takes off a defender/midfielder in spoony and brings on Benjii and very lightweight Danny WTF

Then wonders how who get out battled

Sunny1875
23-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Yogi should get more time to sort this out. He's no Fergie but can remember fergie getting pelters at Man Utd in his first couple of years.

Yogi has been influential in some of Hibs best signings for a long time, That said I would like a change of tactics sometimes to see the best out of what we have.

Changing managers every season does not allow for continuity

Davy Mac
23-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Yogi to stay for the moment for me.

However, what gets on my goat is the manner of how we got beat and how it seems the players don't give a damn either.

Seriously, how many players will travel back on the team bus tonight (if they're not having a swally in Inverness) and will dread coming back to Edinburgh?

IM, DR perhaps? the rest of them..........

King Paddy
23-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Good post and i agree with all comments. Yet again 3v5 in midfield the buck stops with the managerI.M.H.O.

Alfred E Newman
23-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I think most of us Hibs fans are now expecting the worst, and that will be no european football next season. If we do now manage to get europe, it is a bonus in my eyes. I think it is rediculious to suggest Yogi must go, we have to give him a chance to put things right, and unfortunately that cannot be done over night. I have had alot of praise for yogi, and now i have alot of questions over him, Although for me we have to see if he can answer these questions by putting things right for next season. It is not in anyway going to benefit the club by getting rid of a manager when something goes wrong. I am as unahppy as anyone just now, but lets not jump the gun and want rid of Yogi, We have to give him the chance to put what could be a failure of a season right. In my opinion we have to give Yogi until at leat January next season. By this time he has had plenty time to identify where he has went wrong this season, and put things right. If he hasnt done it by then, then it is time for him to go, but far to early just now. The biggest thing he needs to get back in the team is team spirit, we need the players to have a passion for the game and for playing for Hibs. It may be a very hard time for us Hibs fans, but its a hard time we have to put up with just now. I hope he can do it, i really do, but only time will tell.

I think that failure to finish at least 5th from our position at the end of January should be a sacking offence, especially if we embarassingly finish below the worst Hearts team in recent times . We had the same debate when Mixu was blundering around whether he should be given the summer to build another team. Make the decision at the end of this season .

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
23-03-2010, 09:51 PM
He's lost the plot and the players are not responding, that much is obvious.

HFC 0-7
23-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Yogi should get more time to sort this out. He's no Fergie but can remember fergie getting pelters at Man Utd in his first couple of years.

Yogi has been influential in some of Hibs best signings for a long time, That said I would like a change of tactics sometimes to see the best out of what we have.

Changing managers every season does not allow for continuity

Which makes it even worse and harder to take. He has signed some of the best players for hibs in a long time and cant get them to play, that to me is one sure sign of a BAD manager. The lack of fight, the fact that almost every player is having a nightmare on the pitch only points to the manager not doing his job! Hibs arent doing there usual here and having a dip in form, we are self destructing, we are a team you watch that you cant imagine how they could cause opposition problems. I team you watch that whenever opposition are attacking you feel a goal may be scored.

hibsbollah
23-03-2010, 09:57 PM

:faf:
Thats my position too. In the absence of logic, just say what feels right. I thought sauzee would be the best manager since turnbull, so WTF do I know:greengrin

HibeeDaz6270
23-03-2010, 10:02 PM
I think that failure to finish at least 5th from our position at the end of January should be a sacking offence, especially if we embarassingly finish below the worst Hearts team in recent times . We had the same debate when Mixu was blundering around whether he should be given the summer to build another team. Make the decision at the end of this season .
Fair enough if thats your opinion. I am well aware that it would be disasterous, and maybe some would think he should be sacked, but i would like to see him given the chance to put things right. You need now understand, that even although our fantastic position in January, that is based on us probably over achieving for most of the season.You can compare to Mixu, but for me, I have saw far more positives overall from Yogi than i ever saw from Mixu. I do believe Yogi will put things right, its difficult to see at this time, but given time i think he will do it. We cannot get rid of a manager everytime it doesnt go well. Yogi always goes on about a vision he has for the club, lets give him more time to see if he can take us there. To sack because of a poor second half to the season after we over achieved, to me would be perhaps unfair. Regardless of how we finish the season, i think John Hughes should be given until at least January.

steakbake
23-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Just listened to Yogi's post match interview.

If I'd been sitting on a coach for the best part of the day to go and watch that pish and I was not likely to be back in Embra till the wee small hours, I'd be pulling the radio out the dashboard by now and watching it skelf along the A9.

Absolute bollocks.

Amit
23-03-2010, 10:05 PM
YOGI MUST GO....

Back to the drawing board... and get the basics right... :greengrin

YOGI MUST GO....

to East Mains early doors.... and make each one of the 1st team work their arse off... :greengrin

YOGI MUST GO....

and get an early night's sleep... we've got 3rd place to fight for :wink:

truehibernian
23-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Third place.....stop it, you're killing me :faf: If we hang on to fifth with the run in we have I will be happy. The Yams have their tails up, Motherwell look solid and have a team ethic, Utd are head and shoulders above us in all departments. No leaders on the pitch, no leaders off it. Hobbits all over the pitch, and like the tin man in wizard of oz, every single one of them lack a heart. Nae yellow brick road here though eh..........they are beer swilling, night out loving, over paid, under worked, amateurs. Time for the fans to give them a right hard time and none of this Yogi inspired molly coddling, wrap them up in cotton wool pish. I will boo them for the whole 90 minutes if I want to and I will take on anyone who takes issue with it...............fight, fight, fight, fight :faf:

Amit
23-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Third place.....stop it, you're killing me :faf: If we hang on to fifth with the run in we have I will be happy. The Yams have their tails up, Motherwell look solid and have a team ethic, Utd are head and shoulders above us in all departments. No leaders on the pitch, no leaders off it. Hobbits all over the pitch, and like the tin man in wizard of oz, every single one of them lack a heart. Nae yellow brick road here though eh..........they are beer swilling, night out loving, over paid, under worked, amateurs. Time for the fans to give them a right hard time and none of this Yogi inspired molly coddling, wrap them up in cotton wool pish. I will boo them for the whole 90 minutes if I want to and I will take on anyone who takes issue with it...............fight, fight, fight, fight :faf:

:greengrin:

jakedance
23-03-2010, 10:18 PM
What I don't understand though is that Hughes' Falkirk team always gave us a good game. They played good football. They fought and scrapped for every ball. So we know what a Hughes team should look like. So why aren't the players responding? I don't think a single one has consistently played to their potential this season, let alone exceeded expectations.

I'm backing Yogi, unless we're looking at relegation I think a manager needs at least two years. There are very legitimate concerns though. Even by Hibs standards of mid-season collapse it has been a spectacular drop in performance and results.

I can handle losing to Ross County. Disappointment in the Scottish Cup is nothing new but that, together with the derby, horsed by St Johnstone, thumped by Rangers, losing to Motherwell, drawing at home to Aberdeen? Very poor. Very concerning.

A win on Saturday and everything changes though. That's fitba. I still think we'll finish 3rd or 4th, although that's undoubtedly dependent on us getting results in our next two games.

MrRobot
23-03-2010, 10:20 PM
as I said elsewhere;

Maybe we need to just back the manager. We have made improvements, it's been a horrible time as of late, but we always hit this patch at this time.

Instead of calling for the manager, we should back him. We'll never achieve anything if we keep punting managers every half season or so.

Come summer, players will come and go and Yogi will get the tema he is wanting. At the moment, he couldnt get defenders in the transfer window so he added where he could. I think he needs to drop the 4-4-3 formation cause it isn't working, a nice 4-4-2 would be nice or a 3-5-2 to bolser oud midfield. Bamba isn't a defender.

Have faith, Yogi is the man for Hibs IMO. We wont always win and we will have poor results at times and Yogi has said this himself. He has a plan for Hibs and I reckon time is what is needed.

Criswell
23-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Just wish the guy could put out a balanced team and give us half a chance. I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing every team we play totally overrun us in midfield. Even we we were winning earlier in the season the football was absolutely dire.

I suppose he will get another season. I hope I'm wrong, but have serious doubts whether he's up to it.

IWasThere2016
23-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Mixu got 18 months.

Yogi has had half that time.

That's only a defence if you believe Mixu deserved 18 months! IMHO he shouldve been sacked earlier - much earlier - than he was!

ScottB
23-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Yogi needs to stop screwing with the team and formation to accommodate his favoured players when they are out of form, namely Bamba, whose return was the catalyst for our collapse, dropping in form players (Hanlon, then Smith) to try and get him playing, destabilising the defence and mucking the team right up.

Yogi isn't inexperienced, he should know how to fix this. If he doesn't he isn't the man for the job. I'm sure he is 'hurting like we are' perhaps that's the problem, if he's too emotionally close to the situation perhaps that's affecting things?

As someone else said, Brown has turned Motherwell into a force for third place, even Houston kept United on track. With the players we have, there's something far wrong if we aren't in the mix for third at the end of the season.

IWasThere2016
23-03-2010, 10:33 PM
If he has lost the dressing room then we have a major problem in the team! Collins, Mixu, Yogi? Is there someone upsetting everything? Because you can't tell me that 3 managers on the bounce all lose the dressing room. Maybe a look at the playing staff is needed here.

How many players have played under all 3?

Hogg, Zooma, Benji .. Who else?

truehibernian
23-03-2010, 10:43 PM
It's called discipline at the end of the day. Hibs don't have it, and Yogi is managing like the soft touch father, turning a blind eye to things, or having the piss taken when his back is turned. Time to get tough, have them in full working days, and work their wee tails off. Maybe then they will get the message. Those that moan and can't take it......transfer list them. The pre-match warm ups are a joke, as are the half time ones. That to me tells a story. Wearing a suit on match days doesn't turn you into a professional footballer Yogi. Hard work, looking professional pre and post match does. Too many jokers, drinkers and part-timers at the club. And folk on here get all in a tizzy when fans boo the players :faf: Old school methods rock.............sand dunes at Gullane and have them puking their steak bakes Yogi.

BEEJ
23-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Maka (a real dressing-room trouible-maker if ever there was one! :greengrin), Stevenson and McCann.

It's not a theory that holds much water.

My take on the current fiasco is that Yogi has lost the respect of the players by oscillating from being overly chummy one minute to giving them a rollicking from the dugout the next - the latter during matches when the players are failing to perform within Yogi's peculiar game-plan.

Serious problems now and last week's clear the air talks with the squad have had no effect whatsoever.

ScottB
23-03-2010, 10:52 PM
It's called discipline at the end of the day. Hibs don't have it, and Yogi is managing like the soft touch father, turning a blind eye to things, or having the piss taken when his back is turned. Time to get tough, have them in full working days, and work their wee tails off. Maybe then they will get the message. Those that moan and can't take it......transfer list them. The pre-match warm ups are a joke, as are the half time ones. That to me tells a story. Wearing a suit on match days doesn't turn you into a professional footballer Yogi. Hard work, looking professional pre and post match does. Too many jokers, drinkers and part-timers at the club. And folk on here get all in a tizzy when fans boo the players :faf: Old school methods rock.............sand dunes at Gullane and have them puking their steak bakes Yogi.

The only manager that tried to crack down on our lazy ass squad was Collins and he got drummed out.

Rather like Mixu, Yogi is too close to the squad.

darwenhibby
23-03-2010, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=Sunny1875;2400454]Yogi should get more time to sort this out. He's no Fergie but can remember fergie getting pelters at Man Utd in his first couple of years.

Ferguson got rid of the drinking culture once he opened his eyes and realised he had a bigger task on his hands than he first thought.

Yogi needs to move on players who like the high life of Edinburgh and have no more ambition than to pick up a reasoable wage in Scottish Football and pee it against a wall win lose or draw.

We need players who have a little bite and drive in that team.
To much complacency at Easter Road and too many favourite sons.

Who within our wage structure will want the Hibs job?
Burley? Archibald? Stuart Baxter? Avrum Grant?

No real contender springs to mind.

monktonharp
23-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Yogi needs to stop screwing with the team and formation to accommodate his favoured players when they are out of form, namely Bamba, whose return was the catalyst for our collapse, dropping in form players (Hanlon, then Smith) to try and get him playing, destabilising the defence and mucking the team right up.

Yogi isn't inexperienced, he should know how to fix this. If he doesn't he isn't the man for the job. I'm sure he is 'hurting like we are' perhaps that's the problem, if he's too emotionally close to the situation perhaps that's affecting things?

As someone else said, Brown has turned Motherwell into a force for third place, even Houston kept United on track. With the players we have, there's something far wrong if we aren't in the mix for third at the end of the season. Houston took a team that suddenly looked in freefall after Levein left,saw them gubbed 7-0 at ibrox,tweaked the formation a bit and got the odd draw,win etc and has them back on track. Yogi,ffs why did you not just flood our midfield when we went in front,this 433 pish has been our undoing and if not corrected immediately will end our season..........on Saturday,cos as sure as there is **** on a pig's erse Falkirk will be as fired up as County,if not more.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
23-03-2010, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=Sunny1875;2400454]Yogi should get more time to sort this out. He's no Fergie but can remember fergie getting pelters at Man Utd in his first couple of years.

Ferguson got rid of the drinking culture once he opened his eyes and realised he had a bigger task on his hands than he first thought.

Yogi needs to move on players who like the high life of Edinburgh and have no more ambition than to pick up a reasoable wage in Scottish Football and pee it against a wall win lose or draw.

We need players who have a little bite and drive in that team.
To much complacency at Easter Road and too many favourite sons.

Who within our wage structure will want the Hibs job?
Burley? Archibald? Stuart Baxter? Avrum Grant?

No real contender springs to mind.

George Burley needs a job. Couldnae be any worse.

Hainan Hibs
23-03-2010, 11:10 PM
What's worrying me is he is showing even more stubbornness than Mixu.

It has been clear that we are fannyed by any team putting 4 or 5 across the midfield because we consistently persist with a 2 man midfield.

Every man and their dog knew that a strong midfield was needed tonight. Yogi refused to change and we got a 4-3-3. County knew this, like every other team in the country, and put 5 across the midfield.

The result? We're overrun and they were like a cavalry charge at the end.

He shows no signs of changing anything. It's seen by everyone that the midfield isn't working but he persists with a failing formation. Boots up the ***** have been required too but the players still don't give a flying ****.

Shambolic display yet again.

jacomo
23-03-2010, 11:33 PM
What I don't understand though is that Hughes' Falkirk team always gave us a good game. They played good football. They fought and scrapped for every ball. So we know what a Hughes team should look like. So why aren't the players responding? I don't think a single one has consistently played to their potential this season, let alone exceeded expectations.

Very good point.

That's only a defence if you believe Mixu deserved 18 months! IMHO he shouldve been sacked earlier - much earlier - than he was!

Maybe Mixu was unlucky? That's two managers now who seem incapable of getting this team to play football.

I'm backing Yogi, not because I think he's the best manager in Britain, but because the club needs to get some consistency and stability.

Yogi can turn out an attractive, hard-working side... but at the moment seems to be trapped in some weird Hibs altered reality where more strikers = better football.

The pressure definitely got to Mixu... let's not heap more pressure on our current gaffer. He'll know the score already.

HFC 0-7
24-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Very good point.

Maybe Mixu was unlucky? That's two managers now who seem incapable of getting this team to play football.

I'm backing Yogi, not because I think he's the best manager in Britain, but because the club needs to get some consistency and stability.

Yogi can turn out an attractive, hard-working side... but at the moment seems to be trapped in some weird Hibs altered reality where more strikers = better football.

The pressure definitely got to Mixu... let's not heap more pressure on our current gaffer. He'll know the score already.

I admire you sticking up for Yogi and backing him, but there comes a time when you have to look at the big picture. If Yogi continues not getting performances out the team this season, we wont have Europe and ST sales may take a hit. If we give him until January and then sack him then the new manager doesnt have time to get the players in and another season is a write off. IMO I would only give Yogi another 2 or 3 games to show an improvement or to show that he is doing something about the performances by transfer listing certain players, if not then give him the bullet, get someone else in before then end of the season who can make a decisions on who stays and who goes in the close season.

SalfordHibs
24-03-2010, 09:23 AM

Keith_M
24-03-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm not backing this because I'm sick of calls for getting rid of a manager every flaming season.

I'm as disappointed as anybody over our recent run of form but I'd rather give Yogi a few years to learn his trade and see where it takes us. The problem is that no manager seems to be allowed to do that, so what makes anyone think that replacing Yogi with yet another manager that we can afford, i.e. cheap and early in his career, is going to help?

weonlywon6-2
24-03-2010, 09:29 AM

i would really like to know what the players are feeling/thinking about how things have gone recently.

do they think yogi is good/bad/indifferent?

wouldnt mind sitting down with a few of them and asking their thoughts

i`m sure it would be interesting

weonlywon6-2
24-03-2010, 09:38 AM
IMHO, while in no way, shape or form defending the shambles of the last however many ******ing games, sacking the manager would be the worst thing we could do.

Yogi has his work cut out in the summer, he needs to identify (if he hasn't already) two types of character at the club:

1) Those who aren't good enough.

2) Those who aren't up for it.
If he does that, gets in good quality to replace them and plays a system that doesn't allow the midfield to get over-run in almost every single game, then we'll see a big difference.

We need some continuity and stability at the club, and changing managers every season is one of the worst things that could happen.

that wont leave us with many on the pitch !!!

if we dont get at least a win and a draw in the next two games it could be shoogly peg for yogi

northerngreen
24-03-2010, 09:40 AM
atmosphere last night was nothing we didnt get behind these players at all we needed to be louder and be heard but we were quite all game we are there 12th man

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2010, 09:42 AM
atmosphere last night was nothing we didnt get behind these players at all we needed to be louder and be heard but we were quite all game we are there 12th man

Players gave fans nothing to cheer about though

Hibernia Na Eir
24-03-2010, 09:58 AM
damn right he should go now before things get even WORSE. Trouble with yogi is he's done a Falkirk on us and turned us into them (only we have a team full of fairies, least FFC had players more "up for it"). He continually talks the same gash, week after week. Ive had enough now. Time for change. I dont buy into him no more. We need better class than that. He's been found out at Hibs.

i really dread next season. I really do.

And Liam Miller can GTF, rubbish. No wonder QPR launched him. He's not the only one though. Plenty in that team of underperforming numpties. I wont be back this season. No way. Had it.

Removed
24-03-2010, 09:59 AM
damn right he should go now before things get even WORSE.

i really dread next season. I really do.

And Liam Miller can GTF, rubbish. No wonder QPR launched him. He's not the only one though. Plenty in that team of underperforming numpties. I wont be back this season. No way. Had it.

:bye:

:jamboak:

northerngreen
24-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Players gave fans nothing to cheer about though

yea thats true but we can't just sing wen were winning we need to get behind them give them a boost remind them who there playing for we are the best fans in the spl so we need to show it

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 10:02 AM

We only sing when we're winning. We don't support the team any more.

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2010, 10:04 AM
yea thats true but we can't just sing wen were winning we need to get behind them give them a boost remind them who there playing for we are the best fans in the spl so we need to show it

Best fans in the SPL, don't make me laugh????:confused:

northerngreen
24-03-2010, 10:04 AM
we only sing when we're winning. We don't support the team any more.

exactly!!

Bobo
24-03-2010, 10:08 AM

I'd agree, even when our support do sing it tends to be to slag off our apponents (Nade/Mercer/Jeffries Sheep S****ers etc). There really isn't many songs aimed at our players anymore in terms of encouragement. Mind you they've hardly merited it lately.

gobragh1875
24-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Ya cana sack yogi he was in the YLT and is a hibs man ......so f***ing what hes not got the bottle to leave out deek anthony or bamba? how much longer do we put up with the pish he comes out with he blabbered on for 5 mins on the radio last night about nothing the same nothing hes been comming out with now for weeks.
Its time for him to stand up to the players or ship out YOGI you look like you blew it son time to go if you cant sort it .

CRAZYHIBBY
24-03-2010, 10:11 AM
If it was any other manager we would be calling for his head so why not Yogi??? his love affair with hibs and being a local boy doesnt cut it when we have been pumped out 2 cups, lost our 5 point lead in 3rd place, now trail 3rd by 2 points with 1 win in 9 games..............something clearly isnt working and we are clearly on a downward spiral, something has to happen before its too late,

Tony1962
24-03-2010, 10:18 AM

Sammy7nil
24-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Yogi should not have spoken to the press last night and if he had to, he should have praised Ross C and said he was guttted for the fans and he would speak about Hibs players and performance when he was more calm and would would be able to put his anger and disappointment across in a better way.

We cannot and should not be sack Yogi he has to stop trying to accomodate Nish Riordan and Stokes. He must play 4 midfielders in Midfield he has to drop out form players regardless of who they are.

Yogi will quickly loss the dressing rooms respect if he does not change and come up with new "catch pharses" and most importantly give players who desperate to play a chance.

We should start from scratch for the remainder of the season and players who dont like it can leave in the summer.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-03-2010, 11:15 AM

Hardly think anyone would want to spend their hard earned cash on that pish anymore, all football teams get the up's and downs in the season but in our case the downs are winning by a country mile now

boomtownhibby
24-03-2010, 11:18 AM
he was never my choice for manager , but i think it would extremly harsh to sack him. still in the hunt for third remember. imho hibs fans are expect far to much, no doubt the man has done a decent job lets not overreact .

McIntosh
24-03-2010, 11:37 AM
The disappointment is blinding people's judgement, if we know what the weakness in the team I am sure he does. Every team appears to know how to beat Hibs now - raw physical strength. Some talented players just don't work together thats the challenge facing the club.

allmodcons
24-03-2010, 11:58 AM
What a load of nonsense gets posted on here in the heat of the moment.

What would we all think of the Board at Hibs if they decided to sack every manager based on their first 8 months in the job ?

It's obvious everybody's hurting following last night's cup exit, but surely now is a time for calm heads. The Board appointed Yogi with a long term plan in mind and replacing Yogi now would, IMO, be clean mad.

For me, the club needs continuity and that means sticking with the manager we've got for a minimum of 3 seasons. Let him build his own team/squad during the close season and the next couple of transfer windows. If matters don't improve on the park, then we can start asking questions about Yogi's credentials.

The club needs continuity for a period.

FFS we've had 7 managers in the last 8 years.

A knee jerk reaction from the Board at this moment would be the wrong thing to do. They appointed Yogi and should stand by him.

hibsclass
24-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Why don't we just get rid of the tossers who saw fit to go out drinking on Sunday night!!!! after the yams defeat i couldn't leave the house buy a newspaper and these erse holes are out partying and with a scottish cup games to play 2 days later!!!

HFC 0-7
24-03-2010, 01:00 PM
The disappointment is blinding people's judgement, if we know what the weakness in the team I am sure he does. Every team appears to know how to beat Hibs now - raw physical strength. Some talented players just don't work together thats the challenge facing the club.

thats just it though, in the January window we knew where the weaknesses were, Defenders and a strong big midfielder, we ended up with 2 goal keepers!

HFC 0-7
24-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I wonder if Yogi is worried about his position, quoted on the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8584335.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8584335.stm)

"If I get the opportunity to see out my vision then I'll be taking this club into the European spots, challenging the Old Firm and getting to the latter stages of cup competitions and if not, then if I fail, I've failed."

HibbyRod
24-03-2010, 01:15 PM
What a load of nonsense gets posted on here in the heat of the moment.

What would we all think of the Board at Hibs if they decided to sack every manager based on their first 8 months in the job ?

It's obvious everybody's hurting following last night's cup exit, but surely now is a time for calm heads. The Board appointed Yogi with a long term plan in mind and replacing Yogi now would, IMO, be clean mad.

For me, the club needs continuity and that means sticking with the manager we've got for a minimum of 3 seasons. Let him build his own team/squad during the close season and the next couple of transfer windows. If matters don't improve on the park, then we can start asking questions about Yogi's credentials.

The club needs continuity for a period.

FFS we've had 7 managers in the last 8 years.

A knee jerk reaction from the Board at this moment would be the wrong thing to do. They appointed Yogi and should stand by him.

:agree: Yes, i agree pretty much with all of that!

Its up to John Hughes to sort it out, and he must know by now what the problems are. He must acknowledge his own mistakes, be big enough to admit this and act accordingly.

He should be given until the end of next season at least.

Brizo
24-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Theres plenty questions id like to ask Yogi if I get the chance -
Have you sent the team out to play hoofball and abandon a passing game ?
Do you think your sergeant major / maybury league radgemanager touchline persona helps players who are out of form and low on confidence ?
Have you any other side to your man management or are you a one trick pony ?
Why Alan Gow ?
Why no plan B to strengthen that area when Darren Barr wasnt available ?
Why no chance yet for Brown in goals ?
Why accomodate players in out of position positions when it clearly isnt working ?
Why feel the need to utter a Gettysburg address after every defeat , sometimes less is more ?
Fitba principles are great but should they always come before results , why not match RC in m/field last night and substitute some flair for workrate to try and dig out a win ?

Having said all that I want Yogi to stay and get the opportunity to answer those questions on the pitch. Hes not the messiah and the Falkirk fans criticisms which many , including me , dismissed as sour grapes are starting to come home to roost. However from what ive seen in the fist 1/2 of this season im happy to give him next season before I start questioning whether Yogi and the "vision" should be binned.

Sammy7nil
24-03-2010, 01:42 PM
theres plenty questions id like to ask yogi if i get the chance -
have you sent the team out to play hoofball and abandon a passing game ?
Do you think your sergeant major / maybury league radgemanager touchline persona helps players who are out of form and low on confidence ?
Have you any other side to your man management or are you a one trick pony ?
Why alan gow ?
Why no plan b to strengthen that area when darren barr wasnt available ?
Why no chance yet for brown in goals ?
Why accomodate players in out of position positions when it clearly isnt working ?
Why feel the need to utter a gettysburg address after every defeat , sometimes less is more ?
Fitba principles are great but should they always come before results , why not match rc in m/field last night and substitute some flair for workrate to try and dig out a win ?

Having said all that i want yogi to stay and get the opportunity to answer those questions on the pitch. Hes not the messiah and the falkirk fans criticisms which many , including me , dismissed as sour grapes are starting to come home to roost. However from what ive seen in the fist 1/2 of this season im happy to give him next season before i start questioning whether yogi and the "vision" should be binned.

good post

archiebald
24-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Just heard a rumour that he tried to resign last night ! Petrie told him to go away and think.Rumour from fellow supporter never talked s--t before

marinello59
24-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Just heard a rumour that he tried to resign last night ! Petrie told him to go away and think.Rumour from fellow supporter never talked s--t before

Probably more believable if you added FACT instead of mentioning some random supporter who was probably talking cr@p.:agree:

archiebald
24-03-2010, 01:48 PM
No smoke without fire :agree:

matty_f
24-03-2010, 01:52 PM

No smoke without fire :agree:

Pish.

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 01:54 PM
somehow i doubt this is true

ahibby
24-03-2010, 02:03 PM
There have been some strange things happening in my view. We have four goalies and yet not one, the team selections and line ups have been verging on bizarre and subs haven't been used when they should be. That doesn't add up to good management. Something isn't right.

Green7
24-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Does he think the job is too big for him?

He may be starting to wonder if he has the ability to turn things around.

Im trying to remain positive but the clock is ticking.

Cropley10
24-03-2010, 02:41 PM

Maka McCann Lewis

flash
24-03-2010, 02:42 PM
FFS we are all gutted and both Yogi and the players need to take a long hard look at themselves but if the criteria for sacking managers at Hibs is not winning the Cup and falling two points off 3rd place then we will have about 20 a season.

matty_f
24-03-2010, 02:42 PM
FFS we are all gutted and both Yogi and the players need to take a long hard look at themselves but if the criteria for sacking managers at Hibs is not winning the Cup and falling twp points off 3rd place then we will have about 20 a season.
:agree:

Golden Bear
24-03-2010, 02:45 PM
As other posters have said we can't go along a route of sacking Managers every other season.

I'm willing to give Yogi more time to prove himself but the only thing he's proven so far is he's a VERY stubborn git!

rolando hibee
24-03-2010, 02:48 PM
bollocks

Removed
24-03-2010, 02:53 PM
FFS we are all gutted and both Yogi and the players need to take a long hard look at themselves but if the criteria for sacking managers at Hibs is not winning the Cup and falling two points off 3rd place then we will have about 20 a season.

:agree:

The past few weeks have been very disappointing but some of the pish spouted on here lately is ridiculous.

Phil MaGlass
24-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I think, after the players he brought in,which in the eyes of most of us were pretty decent signings, if we finish 5th and the type of Mixuesque fitba that he is playing is still being played by the end of the season then we have not moved forward and he should be sacked.If you cant get the best out of what I still see as a nucleus of a good bunch of players like Benji,Murray,Stokes,Miller,Deeks then you dont have it to be a manager, if you cant sort out a defence that has been lacking for more than 2 season,if you cant sort out your defence or cant play players in their natural position or even decide on a stable GK or motivate yir players when they are down,(who the f, needs motivation in a Scottish Cup game for Hibs,its baffling,109 f,n years thats enough motivation you need),then you dont have what it takes to be a manager.He talks a good talk but I dont think he has what it takes,the writing was on the wall with Mixu, we all saw it (except for a few) I hope Yogi doesnt go the way of Mixu,he has to change things now pronto before its too late.
For some of the Hibs diehards, its the straw that broke the camels back, me thinks.

Dr Jimmy
24-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Definition of Insanity:
"doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.".
Albert Einstein

4-3-3.....Yogi...??

bighairyfaeleith
24-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Definition of Insanity:
"doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.".
Albert Einstein

4-3-3.....Yogi...??

TBF for aperiod yesterday it sounded like we switched to a 442 with nish dropping back, so maybe he will realise

:doh:

then again...