PDA

View Full Version : Are St J a top six side?

Spike Mandela
17-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I seen St Johnstone wipe the floor with us in the cup at ER and tonight again they have destroyed us. Looking at the table with their games in hand they could go above Aberdeen and Hearts.

Rather than dismiss them should we be seeing them as a team on the up and top six competitors after the split?

James.
17-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Actually it'd be cracking if they pipped Hearts to sixth on goal difference by four goals.

The_Todd
17-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Are we?

:worried:

:wink:

HibeeUnderwood
17-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I seen St Johnstone wipe the floor with us in the cup at ER and tonight again they have destroyed us. Looking at the table with their games in hand they could go above Aberdeen and Hearts.

Rather than dismiss them should we be seeing them as a team on the up and top six competitors after the split?

I admit they are a threat.

They've got a good mix of youth and experience in their side and a manager with desire for success.

So I wouldn't rule them out of a top six finish. :agree:

GlesgaeHibby
17-02-2010, 10:09 PM

St Johnstone are a decent side. They are full of big lads that aren't afraid to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in. They have some decent players in the team too. Smith is a good goalie, Murray Davidson, Colin Samuel, Sheridan are all good players.

BEEJ
17-02-2010, 10:10 PM

They probably are....

... it doesn't make tonight's result acceptable though.

Coco Bryce
17-02-2010, 10:11 PM
St Johnstone are a decent side. They are full of big lads that aren't afraid to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in

Something we are seriously lacking in :bitchy:

Jim44
17-02-2010, 10:12 PM

This sounds patronising but I think St Johnstone are a seriously good middle to upper SPL table side. They've got a few excellent players and their manager is no slouch either.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2010, 10:15 PM
They are a decent side who are capable of scoring goals, they are one of the top scorers in the league right now. Their problem, up until now, has been keeping the goals out as I think they have also conceded one of the highest amount of goals in the league. If they manage to sort that out then there's every chance that they'll be in the top six.

They still shouldn't be beating us 5-1 though.

blackhibee
17-02-2010, 10:44 PM
This sounds patronising but I think St Johnstone are a seriously good middle to upper SPL table side. They've got a few excellent players and their manager is no slouch either.

Totally agree, but I still don't want to be playing them on the last game of the season if we still need points to make it into Europe. Interesting though that with all the managerial problems that some teams have in the SPL, younger managers like Yogi and Derek McInnes have proven that there's still talent out there.