PDA

View Full Version : Nish Sending off.....

Big Frank
17-02-2010, 09:56 PM
After much hummin n hawin I decided against taking myself up to the match tonight. Delighted I chose the correct decision. According to Sky TV Nish was sent off (straight red) for "foul and abusive language".

If this is correct, could someone explain how player from my team can cop a straight red for chat, and, for example the fathun Boyd can elbow someone in the face and be yellowed for obstruction. (was also told it was the same ref at ibrox that was there on sunday, was at ibrox tonight:bitchy:).

Couple of years ago Nish was sent of at Aberdeen for "foul and abusive language". WTF is he saying to merit a straight red:confused::confused:

Zondervan
17-02-2010, 09:58 PM
He was sent off for kicking Duberry of the ball.

Nish is a tit, and should be nowhere near the Hibs 1st team.

hibee_girl
17-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Craig Paterson on BBC was adamant that he was sent off for having a sly kick at Duberry

GlesgaeHibby
17-02-2010, 10:03 PM
After much hummin n hawin I decided against taking myself up to the match tonight. Delighted I chose the correct decision. According to Sky TV Nish was sent off (straight red) for "foul and abusive language".

If this is correct, could someone explain how player from my team can cop a straight red for chat, and, for example the fathun Boyd can elbow someone in the face and be yellowed for obstruction. (was also told it was the same ref at ibrox that was there on sunday, was at ibrox tonight:bitchy:).

Couple of years ago Nish was sent of at Aberdeen for "foul and abusive language". WTF is he saying to merit a straight red:confused::confused:

Who knows, but if he's already had a straight red coming on as a substitute when we are getting beat and done exactly the same tonight he's an idiot.

He also managed to get himself sent off at Hamilton when we were struggling.

Big Frank
17-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Cheers for that. Perversly, I actually happier he been sent off for "doing something" rather than "saying something" if that makes sense.

Hope Hibernian throw the book at him.

HH81
17-02-2010, 10:05 PM
WTF is he saying to merit a straight red:confused::confused:

If you call any of the officials a cheat then a red card is what happens.
I read that on this occasion it was a kick out so sky has got it wrong.

Jim44
17-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Who knows, but if he's already had a straight red coming on as a substitute when we are getting beat and done exactly the same tonight he's an idiot.

He also managed to get himself sent off at Hamilton when we were struggling.

I mentioned that in another thread a wee while ago. I was convinced at the time and I still am that he intentionally got sent off at Hamilton to make some stupid point to God knows who. I don't know about tonight but it sounds like he lost the plot again.

lapsedhibee
17-02-2010, 10:08 PM

:agree: "How to stay on your feet and onside" Paperback 2pp £7.99 www.amazon.co.uk

Big Frank
17-02-2010, 10:12 PM
:agree: "How to stay on your feet and onside" Paperback 2pp £7.99 www.amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk)

:tee hee::tee hee:

Hibs Class
17-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Cheers for that. Perversly, I actually happier he been sent off for "doing something" rather than "saying something" if that makes sense.

You're right , it is perverse :wink:. I'm generally a fan of Nish, but whilst his red card record is not of Yammish proportions (e.g. Zaliukas), regardless of how badly he is playing each time he gets a red (no matter the reason) he has let the team down and we have ended up with nothing from the game. I'd like to see him dropped after his suspension and a few matches on the bench for him to consider whether his petulance was worth it.

Moulin Yarns
17-02-2010, 11:06 PM
One source says foul and abusive language, another says it was a sly kick at Duberry. Nobody in the ground heard or saw anything, apart from the linesman. Duberry didn't complain, and the ref didn't know who he was looking for.

Isn't it about time the refs had to explain themselves.

No, I don't suppose so. I might see the highlights, but bet there's nothing to see there either, so can lack of video evidence be used in Nish's defence?

Monifieth-hibee
17-02-2010, 11:15 PM
3sendings off in a short career 4hibs. Not good enough esp 2 for abusive language. We had just scored then streaky does that!!!!!:grr:

hibbybob
17-02-2010, 11:21 PM
I didn't see what he did either but the fact that he walked quickly down the tunnel without complaining suggests that he was guilty of something which merited a sending off!

Stupid as there might just have been a spark after Stokes's goal!

monktonharp
17-02-2010, 11:45 PM
never saw what happened,but mate next to me said Nish kicked out a player when he was on the ground(nish).3 or 4 minutes later we saw a chat with ref/linesman,thereafter bye bye Nish

matty_f
17-02-2010, 11:48 PM
I didn't see what he did either but the fact that he walked quickly down the tunnel without complaining suggests that he was guilty of something which merited a sending off!

Stupid as there might just have been a spark after Stokes's goal!

:agree:

Not that we deserved anything from the game tonight, but at 3-1 we weren't out of it and if we'd nicked another goal soon after Stokes scored, the game might have turned.

Nish killed any chance of that happening by kicking out at Dubbery.

I'm not blaming Nish for the defeat - the damage was done long before he came on the park, but it's extreme stupidity to get sent off when there's a glimmer of hope of getting back into the game.

cabbageandribs1875
17-02-2010, 11:51 PM
just watched it on alba and as said above nish was on his erse after a challenge by duberry + kicked both feet up at duberry's erse

Judas Iscariot
17-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Just watched it on Alba and replayed it about 4-5 times..

Total bullshït decision IMO, Duberry did worse to Nish but Nishy gets the red!

If Nish goes Duberry must go also for a mid air stamp/stud rake right down Nish's leg!

Pïss poor decision from the jobsworth linesman..

H18sry
18-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Just watched it on Alba and replayed it about 4-5 times..

Total bullshït decision IMO, Duberry did worse to Nish but Nishy gets the red!

If Nish goes Duberry must go also for a mid air stamp/stud rake right down Nish's leg!Pïss poor decision from the jobsworth linesman..

N[p]ish kicked out in retaliation and deserved a straight red.

silverhibee
18-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Craig Paterson on BBC was adamant that he was sent off for having a sly kick at Duberry

Craig P spot on, Nish two footed the player in the groin.

Judas Iscariot
18-02-2010, 12:04 AM
N[p]ish kicked out in retaliation and deserved a straight red.

And the bald Nade deserved a red for his tackle on Nish right beforehand!

hulk
18-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Craig P spot on, Nish two footed the player in the groin.

Just seen it on BBC alba - how come the ref was about 10 yards away looking straight at it and decided not to do anything (actually spoke to Duberry). Can't believe the linesman had a better view than the ref and convinced the ref that he missed something ?

Looks like Nish did raise his leg but more just reaction from legs getting tangled together.

H18sry
18-02-2010, 12:11 AM

Thats not the question tho, the debate is about N[p]ish:wink:

JimBHibees
18-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Must be a fair chance that Nish will be out of the derby. Given the number of cheap bookings he picks up he will added to this red be over 18 points. Given his previous there is a fair chance he will have a 2 match ban which would cover the Killie and Hearts league games. Maybe totally wrong on this, maybe not.

proud_and_green
18-02-2010, 12:43 PM
I have no problem with a red card for violent behaviour, i do though have a problem with the consistency of the application of the rules.

On Sunday, Kenny Miller had a swipe with his foot at, i think, Zemmama and of course the Elbow of Boyd would i have thought have merited more serious action!!

I think any player taking a swipe regardless of who did what first is tupid as they know they run the risk of being sent off assuming they play for one of the non-OF teams, that is!!

gogs_t
18-02-2010, 12:56 PM
:agree:

Not that we deserved anything from the game tonight, but at 3-1 we weren't out of it and if we'd nicked another goal soon after Stokes scored, the game might have turned.

Nish killed any chance of that happening by kicking out at Dubbery.

I'm not blaming Nish for the defeat - the damage was done long before he came on the park, but it's extreme stupidity to get sent off when there's a glimmer of hope of getting back into the game.

Totally agree. For the first time in the match, the supporters were lifted and we've shown before that we can come back so we still had a slight chance. A moment of stupidity from Nish put paid to that. I'm not singling him out as the rest of the team were poor last night and would have struggled with 12 men, but 10 men and it was 'game over'

ahibby
18-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm sure if Boyd had used the sharp bit of his elbow instead of the side of it, he would have seen red for assault/dangerous. CN kicked Duberry with studs up, straight red and no question.

MrRobot
18-02-2010, 04:00 PM

:confused: No chance, it's a physical game. Went for the header, took Nish out. Nish was stupid to kick out but credit where it's due he left without arguing about it.

Can't throw the book at Nishy when the manager was sent to the stand IMO.

Nakedmanoncrack
18-02-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm sure if Boyd had used the sharp bit of his elbow instead of the side of it, he would have seen red for assault/dangerous. CN kicked Duberry with studs up, straight red and no question.

Can be no argument, didn't see anything at the time but having watched it again there's no doubt he deserved to go.

500miles
18-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Stupid reaction. Liam Miller gets away with that sort of thing regularly though - although not as blatant.

down-the-slope
18-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Nish got what he deserved

Fair play to Duberry - he made nothing of it at all

Hfc_Since1875
18-02-2010, 10:15 PM
I want to know how they can pull him up for an offence which happend 3-4 mins earlier!!!:grr:
If the linesman saw it he should have flagged straight away?
what would of happened if nish had scored between the incidents??:confused:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Nish kicked out and was sent off - fair enough.

It was a snide challenge by Duberry tho, didn't just clatter Nishy but gave him a meaty push into the back of another St J player.

He also had a go at Hogg after a Hibs corner in the 1st half and had a hand round his neck giving it a squeeze which displeased Hoggie...... Completely missed by the ref and linesman.

ALF TUPPER
18-02-2010, 10:25 PM
If a player uses offensive, insulting, abusive language or gestures is an ordering off offence. Law 12

If Nish threw a wee sweary he deserved to go - coz the laws state it !

This opens a another debate - will refs enforce this law every week??

I reckon few players will be left on the field of play at 4:45 on Saturday if they do.