PDA

View Full Version : The official knee jerk reaction thread.

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2010, 09:45 PM
The usual suspects will be on soon, use this one to rip into Yogi/Nish/Rankin/Benj/Riordan whoever you feel needs ripping a new one.

Jim44
17-02-2010, 09:47 PM
The usual suspects will be on soon, use this one to rip into Yogi/Nish/Rankin/Benj/Riordan whoever you feel needs ripping a new one.

What do you have against Bamba................surely he should get a mention in dispatches. :greengrin

KiddA
17-02-2010, 09:48 PM

It was a bad night but we will bounce back :agree:

blackpoolhibs
What do you have against Bamba................surely he should get a mention in dispatches. :greengrin

And bamba. :wink:

Big Frank

:agree::agree::agree:

Its like the usual suspects have all sync'd up and are on their periods at the same time.......

FranckSuzy
17-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Just in case.......

http://www.samaritans.org/ (http://www.samaritans.org/)

I'm_cabbaged

:faf:

What've you done with BH?

Hainan Hibs
We were pumped 5-1 by St Johnstone. There are no excuses. Knee jerking (sounds very rude:greengrin) should be accepted. Utter shambles tonight and emotions quite rightly will be running high.

db03
I wont rip any of them apart, I just dont think that we can afford to play Riordan and Zemmama in the same team. They are luxuries that we can not afford to play in the same starting 11 imho.

Mibbes Aye
17-02-2010, 09:50 PM

Personally I think we were doing fine until you stopped being gloomy......then it all went wrong. :greengrin

Either that or it's a delayed reaction to Marsh leaving? :dunno:

The Voice Of Reason
17-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Football Fans in "letting off steam" shocker !

As stated in another post, I don't think it would do these guys any harm if Yogi and Rice took them down to Gullane Sand Dunes.....mibbe even as a wee punishment for tonight.

P.S Hughes Must Go, Sack The Board.

Hibby 2005
17-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Always going to happen after Sunday's result.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I think that following a 5-1 defeat to a bottom six side, people are entitled to moan and perhaps get a little bit OTT in terms of their criticism. It might have only been wishful thinking, but it was only just over three days ago that we were saying, "win our next two matches and we are in second place and just six points behind Rangers". Two defeats and eight goals conceded later and instead we are just one point above Dundee Utd and the healthy goal difference advantage that we held over our rivals has now almost completely evaporated.

I won't slate any player in particular, the WHOLE team (including the coaching staff) needs to take a long, hard look at themselves after tonight because that is just totally unacceptable.

I just feel really sorry for any Hibs fan that wasted their time and money by going to watch that shambles this evening.

James.
17-02-2010, 09:58 PM
My knee jerk reaction. How much do we miss Kevin McBride when he's not playing?

No fight, no direction, no guts, no leadership in the middle of the park, Miller anonymous.

James70
17-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Can't remember Maka ever conceding five, it must be Smith's fault! :wink:

Jim44
17-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Always going to happen after Sunday's result.

Not necessarily. Some teams can react positively to a bad result. The air's blue tonight as you would expect but the crunch time will be in the next game against Motherwell. A bad result and performance could really shape where we are going this season.

Bob Box Fish
17-02-2010, 10:02 PM
It's all gone tits up since we knocked down the east stand in January ......

Mibbes Aye
17-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I think that following a 5-1 defeat to a bottom six side, people are entitled to moan and perhaps get a little bit OTT in terms of their criticism. It might have only been wishful thinking, but it was only just over three days ago that we were saying, "win our next two matches and we are in second place and just six points behind Rangers". Two defeats and eight goals conceded later and instead we are just one point above Dundee Utd and the healthy goal difference advantage that we held over our rivals has now almost completely evaporated.

I won't slate any player in particular, the WHOLE team (including the coaching staff) needs to take a long, hard look at themselves after tonight because that is just totally unacceptable.

I just feel really sorry for any Hibs fan that wasted their time and money by going to watch that shambles this evening.

It comes and it goes.

We'll be lucky in games at some point and we'll dish out an undue result to somebody else, I'm sure of that.

And we'll strengthen our squad by comparison to the teams we consider our rivals, in the next window, I'm sure of that.

By the end of the season, we'll probably be where we deserve to be. And where we have earned to be. Likely that next season we'll do better :agree:

erskine-hibby
17-02-2010, 10:04 PM
It was a bad night but we will bounce back :agree:

Hope you are right, but i'm not so sure this time.

We were pumped 5-1 by St Johnstone. There are no excuses. Knee jerking (sounds very rude:greengrin) should be accepted. Utter shambles tonight and emotions quite rightly will be running high.

I'm sure there will be a few trying to make some up though:grr:

lapsedhibee
17-02-2010, 10:05 PM
We are a disgrace. :alexandermcqueensmiley:

Iain G

I suspect there will be a good few ins and outs over the summer months, we still have a problem at the back and no amount of forwards, as was shown today, will balance that out. We need an experienced right back and a commanding, consistant centre back, and without McBride we seem to lack dig and guile and industry in the middle of the park.

Cregg and probably Thicot must be wondering what they need to do to get a start at times, and why Galbraith doesn't get a look in as a good attacking option from the bench is beyond me, against Celtic he proved what a quick player can do to a defence with tiring legs.

It is still work in progress, Yogi has stated this many times, and we will get results like today, the big test is how they deal with the next game...

Hibby 2005
Not necessarily. Some teams can react positively to a bad result. The air's blue tonight as you would expect but the crunch time will be in the next game against Motherwell. A bad result and performance could really shape where we are going this season.

The problem was the bad result was against Rangers and more or less put paid to any pretensions we had of splitting the OF and the sudden reality of having to fight for 3rd spot obviously didn't appeal.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2010, 10:06 PM

:agree: If we lose on Saturday, it will be the first time this season that we'll have lost three games in a row.

With St Johnstone coming to Easter Road in our next match after Motherwell, after tonight's result it really could be a defining time in our season.

jacomo
17-02-2010, 10:10 PM

Can't remember a John Collins team conceding five either...

:wink:

GlesgaeHibby
17-02-2010, 10:11 PM

:faf::top marks

500miles
17-02-2010, 10:14 PM
We had no physical presence up front, and failed to play a holding midfielder who's job is to simply keep positon.

Ally that with dicking about with the back four to accomodate the off-form Bamba, and it is no suprise that we got a hammering in hindsight.

Train em hard, take these lessons move on. Wasn't there tonight, but we need to produce a full performance on Saturday to kick us back up the gears. I would go with......

......................Smith
.Wotherspoon.Hogg.Hanlon.Murray
..............Rankin..Stevenson/Thicot
.....................Miller
.........Zemmama......Benji
...................Stokes

Gmack7
17-02-2010, 10:17 PM
we are far to fragile down the flanks especially away from home,anybody getting the ball against us out wide is on top of the fullback straight away,none of the so called mavericks want to defend,we should never play that formation away from home,teams are finding it easier to play us as the season goes on, step up yogi earn your corn and sort it out

down the slope
17-02-2010, 10:18 PM
it seems it's ok to laugh at a defeat like tonight's, when was the last time we lost five goals ?, by the sounds of it we were very very lucky to get away with just losing five.
As i said earlier i can take defeat but not when we never match the opposition in work rate.

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2010, 10:21 PM
We have got to get a result at Motherwell and give St Johnstone the game of their lives at ER a week on Saturday or this glitch could turn into a slide.

4 2 4 was a nice dream while it lasted, but there is no way that you will win things with that formation. It relies on the 4 forward players getting back into midfield and being able to put in a shift there as well as up front.

Nish Riordan Stokes and Zouma just aint the players to do that.

If Yogi had confidence in his midfield players he wouldnt be sending out a 4 2 4. He would play 2 up front and rely on his midfield to get the ball to them quickly. Ye gods, he's got 2 of the best strikers in Scottish football, why sacrifice the midfield to play 3 or 4 ?

As long as we stick with 4 2 4 results like this will become more and more likely.

This aint a knee jerk I have thought this for ages.

:bitchy:

Emerald
17-02-2010, 10:32 PM
The whole point of following football is to have an opinion and a love for a club. For a big city club who are sitting 3rd in the league to get beat 5-1 by a team sitting at the bottom of the league with a fraction of our talent and resources is worth some sort of reaction. After years and years of supporting Hibs, there MUST come a point where we don't accept this to be the norm. Otherwise we will always be the nearly team. 6the place average again and it could be sooooo much better. Come on Hibees we need you to do better. :thumbsup:

allmodcons
17-02-2010, 10:33 PM
We have got to get a result at Motherwell and give St Johnstone the game of their lives at ER a week on Saturday or this glitch could turn into a slide.

4 2 4 was a nice dream while it lasted, but there is no way that you will win things with that formation. It relies on the 4 forward players getting back into midfield and being able to put in a shift there as well as up front.

Nish Riordan Stokes and Zouma just aint the players to do that.

If Yogi had confidence in his midfield players he wouldnt be sending out a 4 2 4. He would play 2 up front and rely on his midfield to get the ball to them quickly. Ye gods, he's got 2 of the best strikers in Scottish football, why sacrifice the midfield to play 3 or 4 ?

As long as we stick with 4 2 4 results like this will become more and more likely.

This aint a knee jerk I have thought this for ages.

:bitchy:

:agree: I said on a thread earlier today that playing Zemmama, Rankin, Miller and Riordan across the middle was too lightweight. Have always thought this to be the case especially away from home. I watched the same 4 get totally outfought and outplayed at Tannadice when we were lucky to get away with a 1v0 defeat. I have a huge amount of respect for Yogi but, that said, don't like to see any manager make the same mistake twice!

spudgun
17-02-2010, 10:47 PM
I don't think it's a kneejerk reaction to say that any Hibs team getting so well pumped by St. Johnstone is simply unacceptable.

It was a collective team failure, including the management, and Yogi has to step forward and take it on the chin for that. It's how he addresses the obvious issues which have been apparent in the last few games that will decide if we have ridden our luck or have genuinely improved.:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't think it's a kneejerk reaction to say that any Hibs team getting so well pumped by St. Johnstone is simply unacceptable.

It was a collective team failure, including the management, and Yogi has to step forward and take it on the chin for that. It's how he addresses the obvious issues which have been apparent in the last few games that will decide if we have ridden our luck or have genuinely improved.:dunno:

Yip the whole team and management have to look at themselves tonight, but there are no issues that are obvious to me. :confused: And we are were we are because we have deserved it, and thats certainly an improvement.

Jamesie
17-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Yip the whole team and management have to look at themselves tonight, but there are no issues that are obvious to me. :confused: And we are were we are because we have deserved it, and thats certainly an improvement.

How about:

The continued waste of Derek Riordan as a left winger rather than out and out, two footed striker?

The persistence with Chris Hogg as a right back when we have one of the most talented players to have come through the ranks - who is at home in that position - on the bench?

The continued persistence with playing Sol Bamba when he has been out of sorts since the African Nations?

The fact that no-one in our team -with perhaps the exception of Ian Murray - is willing to stretch themselves to run that extra yard for that ball which is going out of play, or try that bit harder when coming off second best in a tackle?

spudgun
17-02-2010, 11:06 PM

I take the point about our league position but there are issues from our last games. It wold take a better footballing brain than mine to give definitive answers but the questions to me seem to be:-

1) Hogg at right back and why?
2) Is Riordan really a midfielder?
3) Why drop Wotherspoon?
4) No weight/bite in midfield.

Just a few thoughts.

Crab apple
17-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Just back and I thought we were truly awful. The formation was wrong. Hogg and Murray getting caught out early doors. Hogg isn't a full back although he did improve in the seond half and linked up with Spoony well when he came on. We also had no protection from the midfield. Most worrying was the apparent lack of fight. We were second to every ball and only really started playing after our dissalowed goal. We really need to add some steel to our pretty passing. Saints are certainly no world beaters but they could have scored more tonight. I hope this is a one off but that's the second time this season that I've seen McInnes get his tactics spot against us.

Toaods
17-02-2010, 11:13 PM
could well be a great result in terms of bringing some people's OTT reactions of performance against results.

Players will have to dig seep at the weekend and Yogi will have to start kicking some ass.

That's what he's paid for - as football pros love to tell us, it's a results business and tonight's is brutal.

still...I'll take us to score 3 against Well ...:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2010, 11:13 PM
How about:

The continued waste of Derek Riordan as a left winger rather than out and out, two footed striker?
Yip i will give you that, the guy is never a winger.
The persistence with Chris Hogg as a right back when we have one of the most talented players to have come through the ranks - who is at home in that position - on the bench?
Not really persisted with Hogg at right back, perhaps he's just giving wotherspoon a bit of a rest, doesnt want to burn him out?
The continued persistence with playing Sol Bamba when he has been out of sorts since the African Nations?
I'd play Bamba, i think he's been fine since he came back, tonight being the exception
The fact that no-one in our team -with perhaps the exception of Ian Murray - is willing to stretch themselves to run that extra yard for that ball which is going out of play, or try that bit harder when coming off second best in a tackle?

Disagree again with the final point, if we dont do this, how the hell are we 3rd?

Baldy Foghorn
17-02-2010, 11:14 PM
How about:

:top marks

Hoggy at RB baffles me with DW on the bench.... Big Sol has been out of sorts since the ANC......

Too many players not up for a battle IMO

monktonharp
17-02-2010, 11:15 PM
The usual suspects will be on soon, use this one to rip into Yogi/Nish/Rankin/Benj/Riordan whoever you feel needs ripping a new one. i'm just in,were you there? if not gtf

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2010, 11:18 PM
i'm just in,were you there? if not gtf

:faf::faf: My feelings are shattered.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
17-02-2010, 11:20 PM
It's an abysmal result, and one I fear might continue into Saturday. I think we need to return Hanlon to the bench, bring back Stack, and put Riordan up top where he belongs.

Cabbage1875
17-02-2010, 11:20 PM

Unfortunately after witnessing that, every last one of the twats deserve a kicking. Absolutely spineless display and unacceptable stuff. Defeats I can take, a lack of heart and effort I cant.

Disgraceful stuff.

It's all well and good sitting at a computer saying folk will blame 'scapegoats' etc but if you've just witnessed that I think folk have every right to have a go. :grr:

Baldy Foghorn
17-02-2010, 11:24 PM
It's an abysmal result, and one I fear might continue into Saturday. I think we need to return Hanlon to the bench, bring back Stack, and put Riordan up top where he belongs.

What has Smith done wrong to be dropped??:confused:

Jamesie
17-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Disagree again with the final point, if we dont do this, how the hell are we 3rd?

I'd say it has only really become apparent over the the last three or four weeks. You'd think we were coming to the end of the season or something!

Jamesie
17-02-2010, 11:26 PM
...add to that the complete inability of our manager to take onboard he's got it wrong during the game and make changes when required.

monktonharp
17-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Unfortunately after witnessing that, every last one of the twats deserve a kicking. Absolutely spineless display and unacceptable stuff. Defeats I can take, a lack of heart and effort I cant.

Disgraceful stuff.

It's all well and good sitting at a computer saying folk will blame 'scapegoats' etc but if you've just witnessed that I think folk have every right to have a go. :grr::agree: lack of effort,casual passes leading to horrendous mistakes etc,and Ihave not started naming names of the biggest culprits,then some tit comes along ,saying that the usual suspects will be slagging various players,not good enough etc. makes ma blood boil:grr:

Emerald
17-02-2010, 11:37 PM
:agree: lack of effort,casual passes leading to horrendous mistakes etc,and Ihave not started naming names of the biggest culprits,then some tit comes along ,saying that the usual suspects will be slagging various players,not good enough etc. makes ma blood boil:grr::top marks

MussyHibby
17-02-2010, 11:43 PM
:agree: lack of effort,casual passes leading to horrendous mistakes etc,and Ihave not started naming names of the biggest culprits,then some tit comes along ,saying that the usual suspects will be slagging various players,not good enough etc. makes ma blood boil:grr:

God bless the Hibernian family. The hero who spends his money and sits anonymously saying what he likes. Makes ma blood boil! :confused:

Cabbage1875
17-02-2010, 11:46 PM
:agree: lack of effort,casual passes leading to horrendous mistakes etc,and Ihave not started naming names of the biggest culprits,then some tit comes along ,saying that the usual suspects will be slagging various players,not good enough etc. makes ma blood boil:grr:

God bless the Hibernian family. The hero who spends his money and sits anonymously saying what he likes. Makes ma blood boil! :confused:

Hate to start the uberfan debate again but surely someone who was actually there can have more of a say than someone who watched the game on bbc livetext or other medium?

Went straight from work to that shambles, shame we didnt get ticket stubs or I'd be demanding my entry fee back Wigan style :wink:

monktonharp
17-02-2010, 11:50 PM
:confused::bye:

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2010, 11:54 PM
[QUOTE=MussyHibby;2358023]

Hate to start the uberfan debate again but surely someone who was actually there can have more of a say than someone who watched the game on bbc livetext or other medium?

Went straight from work to that shambles, shame we didnt get ticket stubs or I'd be demanding my entry fee back Wigan style :wink:

I agree.:agree:

Having just watched 89 minutes of it on alba, its clear our midfield was overrun again. Far too lightweight. Riordan cant play there, Yogi admitted he picked the wrong team. Its still work in progress.

Emerald
17-02-2010, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE=MussyHibby;2358023]

We got pumped 5-1 by St Johnstone FFS, is that not enough to be angry about wheather you were there or not? I'm a season ticket holder who was not there but have been following hibs for years (home and away) and I'm ****ing seething tonight. They were gash on the radio, it wouldnt have been better if I was there so, SORRY Uberfan!

Cabbage1875
17-02-2010, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=Cabbage1875;2358035]

I agree.:agree:

Having just watched 89 minutes of it on alba, its clear our midfield was overrun again. Far too lightweight. Riordan cant play there, Yogi admitted he picked the wrong team. Its still work in progress.

Agree with this :agree:

We'll be back, it's ok to be annoyed after seeing that though :bitchy:

Cabbage1875
17-02-2010, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=Cabbage1875;2358035]

We got pumped 5-1 by St Johnstone FFS, is that not enough to be angry about wheather you were there or not? I'm a season ticket holder who was not there but have been following hibs for years (home and away) and I'm ****ing seething tonight. They were gash on the radio, it wouldnt have been better if I was there so, SORRY Uberfan!

Think you completely missed my point but on you go :faf:

Emerald
18-02-2010, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=Emerald;2358058]

Think you completely missed my point but on you go :faf:

Oh :blushie::offski:

ahibby
18-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Ive only watched it on Alba, but I don't think Yogi or we should have a knee jerk reaction and criticise us too much. St Johnstone rattled us fair and square they were in our face and determined to win. If we expect to go out and play a nice football match every week then we better think again. The Saints and others have every right to play to their physical strengths and stop us from playing. I don't think we could have put out a team tonight that could have handled that. Yogi was proved right I think, not starting with Nish as his temprament showed resulting in a deserved red, I say that even though Benji couldn't play due to the Saints being a second skin on him, but atleast he didn't react like CN did. I thought at the start of the game it's quite late in the season to be changing the team around so much. Hanlon centre again for only the second or third time likewise Hogg at right back, likewise Benji starting I didn't understand unsettling the team like that but top be honest I don't think it would have made a difference. The important thing is regardless of the eleven that Yogi puts out, is how we react to it. Will players hide or will they stand up and be counted and as Yogi has said, just take it on the chin and get on wi it.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2358054]

Agree with this :agree:

We'll be back, it's ok to be annoyed after seeing that though :bitchy:

Of course people will be annoyed, but we have to look at it in perspective. The team had a bad day at the office, as did the manager. Lets just look at the league table though, and see just how near we are to a european place. We are also in the last 8 of the cup, with a better than average chance of a semi final place at hampden. We are having a good season, be disappointed, but forget it tomorrow, and get behind the team on saturday. :thumbsup:

marinello59
18-02-2010, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=Cabbage1875;2358060]

Of course people will be annoyed, but we have to look at it in perspective. The team had a bad day at the office, as did the manager. Lets just look at the league table though, and see just how near we are to a european place. We are also in the last 8 of the cup, with a better than average chance of a semi final place at hampden. We are having a good season, be disappointed, but forget it tomorrow, and get behind the team on saturday. :thumbsup:

:agree:

Mibbes Aye
18-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Ive only watched it on Alba, but I don't think Yogi or we should have a knee jerk reaction and criticise us too much. St Johnstone rattled us fair and square they were in our face and determined to win. If we expect to go out and play a nice football match every week then we better think again. The Saints and others have every right to play to their physical strengths and stop us from playing. I don't think we could have put out a team tonight that could have handled that. Yogi was proved right I think, not starting with Nish as his temprament showed resulting in a deserved red, I say that even though Benji couldn't play due to the Saints being a second skin on him, but atleast he didn't react like CN did. I thought at the start of the game it's quite late in the season to be changing the team around so much. Hanlon centre again for only the second or third time likewise Hogg at right back, likewise Benji starting I didn't understand unsettling the team like that but top be honest I don't think it would have made a difference. The important thing is regardless of the eleven that Yogi puts out, is how we react to it. Will players hide or will they stand up and be counted and as Yogi has said, just take it on the chin and get on wi it.

Both good posts IMO :thumbsup:

silverhibee
18-02-2010, 12:15 AM
What has Smith done wrong to be dropped??:confused:

Smith was MMOTM tonight, it could have been double figures if it wasn't for Smith tonight.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=Cabbage1875;2358060]

Yes i agree with all of that, well most.
I am annoyed...f****ng p****d more like.
Bad day at the office??? Bad fortnight more likes.
Lets look at the league table, we are, what?, 1 point above UTD with now no game in hand. If we keep on performing like this there is no, none, zip, **** all chance of us going into Europe. In the the cup, again if we play twice as good as we have in the last 2 games we will struggle to progress. The good season we are/were having so far can change very quickly, indeed, quicker than Yogi changes a winning formation.
Get behind the team...damn right, but so must Yogi.

IWasThere2016
18-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Smith was MMOTM tonight, it could have been double figures if it wasn't for Smith tonight.

Yup - 4 goal margin flattered us tbh!

As bad as anything I can recall in years such as 0-3 at Pars in CIS under Mowbray, and 0-3 at Dens under Blobby.

Don't recall even seeing us as bad under Mixu ffs! It was that honking!

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2358082]

Yes i agree with all of that, well most.
I am annoyed...f****ng p****d more like.
Bad day at the office??? Bad fortnight more likes.
Lets look at the league table, we are, what?, 1 point above UTD with now no game in hand. If we keep on performing like this there is no, none, zip, **** all chance of us going into Europe. In the the cup, again if we play twice as good as we have in the last 2 games we will struggle to progress. The good season we are/were having so far can change very quickly, indeed, quicker than Yogi changes a winning formation.
Get behind the team...damn right, but so must Yogi.

And i used to be called a doom and gloomer. The season is looked at over a full season, not 2 games. We have just as much chance of going on another winning run, than losing to Motherwell and Ross County. Your glass is half empty i suppose?

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 12:37 AM
[QUOTE=erskine-hibby;2358116]

And i used to be called a doom and gloomer. The season is looked at over a full season, not 2 games. We have just as much chance of going on another winning run, than losing to Motherwell and Ross County. Your glass is half empty i suppose?

Yes I agree, but unless Yogi gets away from this formation he seems to be so stuck on, the only way is down.
It was clear at the rangers game that this formation was not going to work, but low and behold, a similar one for this game. Then not to change it when it was clear it was not working again is criminal in my book.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 12:42 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2358128]

Yes I agree, but unless Yogi gets away from this formation he seems to be so stuck on, the only way is down.
It was clear at the rangers game that this formation was not going to work, but low and behold, a similar one for this game. Then not to change it when it was clear it was not working again is criminal in my book.

The formation was working against Rangers, whittaker scored a good goal. It was never a penalty, and the 3rd one had nothing to do with any formation we were playing.:confused:

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 12:45 AM
[QUOTE=erskine-hibby;2358135]

The formation was working against Rangers, whittaker scored a good goal. It was never a penalty, and the 3rd one had nothing to do with any formation we were playing.:confused:

No it wasn't, hense we got beaten.
Far too open at the back, short in midfield and light up front...not a good combination.
I suppose you thought the team selection for tonight was ok too???

Hibby 2005
18-02-2010, 12:53 AM
I said earlier that the Rangers result would dictate tonight's game and it turned out to be correct. Any result last Sunday would have seen a different performance against St J no matter the team.

Baldy Foghorn
18-02-2010, 12:54 AM
I said earlier that the Rangers result would dictate tonight's game and it turned out to be correct. Any result last Sunday would have seen a different performance against St J no matter the team.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing

Didn't need hindsight, the rangers game should have been enough.

Green7
18-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Was at game this evening and I don't think I have seen a worst performance ever. No player got pass marks although to be fair to Smith, he could not do very much about it. Even the gaffer got sent off so he does not come out of this looking rosy. The lack of passion and ownership was all to see. It may well go down as a bad at the office for the boys but I just did not think we could play this badly under Hughes.

Hogg aint a right back so why did wotherspoon not start in that position? Zemmama was never in the game and Miller was a huge disappointment. Riordan seems at times to be isolated stuck out on the left wing and I'm not totally convinced if he is in Hughes long term plans.

How the gaffer takes things from here god knows but Im sure there may be some overtime done at the training ground before Saturday.

The performance can only get better and we now need 3 pts minumum.

YetholmHibee
18-02-2010, 01:06 AM
:agree: I said on a thread earlier today that playing Zemmama, Rankin, Miller and Riordan across the middle was too lightweight. Have always thought this to be the case especially away from home. I watched the same 4 get totally outfought and outplayed at Tannadice when we were lucky to get away with a 1v0 defeat. I have a huge amount of respect for Yogi but, that said, don't like to see any manager make the same mistake twice!

:top marks

I don't think Miller\Rankin\Mcbride can carry Riordan\Zemmama\Benji\Nish for a whole season - it's just so unfair on them!

Miller, Rankin & McBride are starting to burn out - it's a tough shift in there if other's are not pulling their weight, pulling out of tackles, giving up & not tracking back, not marking their man etc.

The whole balance of the team is completely wrong! :agree:

Wellbankhibby
18-02-2010, 01:11 AM

I agree wehave had two bad results, Sunday we were the better team in first half Boyd should have been off for his assault on Zemmama, Whitaker off for leaving the pitch to celebrate his goal and Millers Dive in the box to earn a penalty. We were cheated as usual against them. there are no excuses tonight we should not loose to the saints but it was a bad night all round. All in all we are having a good season and hopefully this will continue. When do the Hibees make it easy for themselves. I still reckon third place should be ours and a Scottish cup final appearance is on the cards. Celebrations at hampden as we bring the elusive cup back to leith as long as we stay focussed.

If Only
18-02-2010, 08:47 AM
How about:

Agree

Steve20
18-02-2010, 09:07 AM
1. Hogg is NEVER a right back
2. Why has Wotherspoon been dropped?
3. This 4-2-4 is alot of crap. Get an extra man in midfield.
4. Stop playing high balls all the time.

What worries me is that Yogi doesn't seem to know how to change a game. After plan A, there is nothing.

lapsedhibee
18-02-2010, 09:39 AM
How the gaffer takes things from here god knows but Im sure there may be some overtime done at the training ground before Saturday.

The performance can only get better and we now need 3 pts minimum.

:hmmm:

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2358141]

No it wasn't, hense we got beaten.
Far too open at the back, short in midfield and light up front...not a good combination.
I suppose you thought the team selection for tonight was ok too???

How do you work that out? In the first half we were the best side, we played well everyone said that. The formation was working no?

The first goal was a good strike from whittaker, could have been defended better, but a good strike all the same.

The 2nd was a penalty, that clearly was not one, a dive/cheat whatever you want to call it.

And the 3rd was a player with the ball, breaking down with an injury, leaving a virtual open goal, again nothing to do with the formation.

Maybe last night it never worked, but Sundays defeat was nothing to do with how the team was set out.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=erskine-hibby;2358143]

How do you work that out? In the first half we were the best side, we played well everyone said that. The formation was working no?

The first goal was a good strike from whittaker, could have been defended better, but a good strike all the same.

The 2nd was a penalty, that clearly was not one, a dive/cheat whatever you want to call it.

And the 3rd was a player with the ball, breaking down with an injury, leaving a virtual open goal, again nothing to do with the formation.

Maybe last night it never worked, but Sundays defeat was nothing to do with how the team was set out.

Totally disagree!
Even before a ball was kicked in anger before the Rangers game I thought we would be up against it, not because it was Rangers and not because it was at ibrox, but because of the team set up.
It took until half time for rangers to see through us that was all.

Phil MaGlass
18-02-2010, 10:16 AM

For how long?

Big Frank
18-02-2010, 11:04 AM

:agree:

MB62
18-02-2010, 11:21 AM

10 Goals lost in the last three games and only one point gained.

Would you like to suggest when we can comment on our recent form that doesn't constitute a knee jerk reaction in your opinion?

I would like to air my views but would like to be given the ok to do so. :brickwall

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 11:25 AM
For how long?

Phil MaGlass, i suppose you only want a half?

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 11:26 AM
10 Goals lost in the last three games and only one point gained.

Would you like to suggest when we can comment on our recent form that doesn't constitute a knee jerk reaction in your opinion?

I would like to air my views but would like to be given the ok to do so. :brickwall

Ok, you have my permission. Fill yer boots.

Phil MaGlass
18-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Either half full or half empty,with whisky.

MB62
18-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Ok, you have my permission. Fill yer boots.

Cheers BH, I'll try and keep my knees steady.

I wasn't too disappointed after Sunday at Greyskull, no team has gone there and won this season so it's a tough place to go. We played well for an hour but felt the players threw in the towel after the 2nd goal.

Wasn't there last night but watching the BBC highlights, the players looked either knackered, or simply not 'UP' for the game.

I feel, and felt all season, that playing Stokes up front on his own with A.N. OTHER in the hole behind him and in front of the midfield, is not getting the best out of the players available.

I also believe that playing Benji in that role, whilst maybe positive in an attacking sense, is contributing to the pressure on our defence as he is not exactly defence minded.

The debate about Bamba/Hogg/Hanlon is down to individual opinion, it really could be any 2 from three, or four if you include Murray, but Hogg should be left in the middle and not right back, he's not a great right back and we miss him in the middle so it's a no brainer for me.

Bottom line though, we are still 3rd in the league after three poor results and it is up to Yogi to get things back working and the players to have the desire to finish third. This will be achieved over the course of a season and not three games but we have to get back on track and the NEXT game is always the most important one.

MussyHibby
18-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Cheers BH, I'll try and keep my knees steady.

I wasn't too disappointed after Sunday at Greyskull, no team has gone there and won this season so it's a tough place to go. We played well for an hour but felt the players threw in the towel after the 2nd goal.

Wasn't there last night but watching the BBC highlights, the players looked either knackered, or simply not 'UP' for the game.

I feel, and felt all season, that playing Stokes up front on his own with A.N. OTHER in the hole behind him and in front of the midfield, is not getting the best out of the players available.

I also believe that playing Benji in that role, whilst maybe positive in an attacking sense, is contributing to the pressure on our defence as he is not exactly defence minded.

The debate about Bamba/Hogg/Hanlon is down to individual opinion, it really could be any 2 from three, or four if you include Murray, but Hogg should be left in the middle and not right back, he's not a great right back and we miss him in the middle so it's a no brainer for me.

Bottom line though, we are still 3rd in the league after three poor results and it is up to Yogi to get things back working and the players to have the desire to finish third. This will be achieved over the course of a season and not three games but we have to get back on track and the NEXT game is always the most important one.

:faf:

Good points mate and articulately made. No need to overly criticise or get personal, particularly based on where we are this season.

ahibby
18-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Yogi is maybe looking at giving Hanlon his future position early to get him used to it and while I am not sure how much of anything was down to Hanlon playing CB last night, I am sure we were weakened by Hoggy playing right back. Is it difficult to play Hanlon Bamba and Hogg together as they are all supposed to be current or future CBs? What if we played the three of them at the back as a three man defence and played Murray in the middle (where we seemed to be weak last night), would that have maybe worked? What if we played the usual four at the back instead (i.e. DW at right back) and played Hanlon in front of Murray moving Riordan in to a two man attack situ with Stokes? We could still have had Zemama and Miller in the middle with either Hanlon or Murray and on the right anyone you fancy. Yogi tried summit last night that didn't work. Fortunately he found out when we still had/have a cushion of one point sitting in third. Does he not have to start preparing Hanlon in that CB position when that's were he is expected to feature in the not too distant?

proud_and_green
18-02-2010, 12:54 PM

Completely agree with this.

Bad results happen every now and then even to the best of teams (which i am not for a moment suggesting we are) but the key is what you do with that.

Three options:

Do nothing and hope it was just a blip - result you keep on having the odd nightmare but never improve;

Get all upset and start looking for someone to blame - result freefall; or

Look at how you can change and improve - result - stronger performances

I am not sure this was such a shock result as is being suggested, it is bloody annoying given the strategic significance a win would have had in relation the the league.

Yogi now has to earn his pay, the honeymoon is well and truly over and he now has to show that he can take the third option!!

Come on the Cabbage!!!

Andy74
18-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Total shocker really, but we are still where we are on merit and I don't see any reason why we're suddenly going to slide down the league which a few on here seem to think is our fate.

All the things that make Hibs brilliant on their day also are the same things that make us honking at other times, would I swap it for a team full of journeymen battlers that would give us a more even run? No thanks.

We need to learn to adapt to other teams and conditions but when you looked at the team line ups there should still have only been one winner.

We're a few months in to a new manager and new team and these things will happen . Making sure they don;t happen that often is the main thing. I don't see any serious issues that can't be addressed, otherwise we wouldn't be where we are so far into the season.

I think Levein told Hughes it took him about 3 to 4 yrs to get his team where he wanted it, and we were still ahead of that team when Levein left.

We can all see what went wrong, Hughes will know more than anyone and the answers he gets from nights like that will serve us well in the future.

1875 NO 1
18-02-2010, 01:00 PM
So what do you suggest dont have a pop and any player? Have you never complained about a player or manger?

If you were at the gaem you would have been well hacked off watching that buch of non triers and wage thiefs.

1875 NO 1
18-02-2010, 01:03 PM
I wont rip any of them apart, I just dont think that we can afford to play Riordan and Zemmama in the same team. They are luxuries that we can not afford to play in the same starting 11 imho.

not away from home, both too lazy

1875 NO 1
18-02-2010, 01:06 PM

because the SPL is junk

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 01:08 PM
So what do you suggest dont have a pop and any player? Have you never complained about a player or manger?

If you were at the gaem you would have been well hacked off watching that buch of non triers and wage thiefs.

Of course i have had a pop at players, AND managers in the past. and of course I'm hacked off with the result, but look at it in the context of the whole campaign so far. And there you go just like others, wage thieves and non triers. I don't think they were not trying, and their wages are agreed in contracts, maybe you'd only pay them when they won, although we'd struggle to sign anyone on that agreement.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 01:09 PM
because the SPL is junk

:faf::faf: What team should be 3rd then?

Sudds_1
18-02-2010, 01:17 PM
you see, this is where I get to play the seniority card being old, infirm and a card carrying Hibby for over 40 years.

Thise of my generation have seen it all before.........the team I love will always flatter to deceive - and it has, from the moment I started supporting them. I've experienced the optimism of youth as I watched some great sides over the years, putting past disappointments aside thinking "well, now we've turned the corner..." only to have my dreams snatched from me (usually on a wet wed night somewhere).

I've raged against those over the years playing for and managing the mighty green and white.....shed countless tears over opportunities lost.......but that rage these days is tempered. Its almost like having a wayward son or daughter - you always love them, no matter what they do, but you don't always have to like them.

And just now thats how I feel.......let down, not surprised that they've let me down, and not particualrly liking them at present.

But my love for Hibs is undiminished. And in the end analysis, thats the only thing that matters. :agree:

Green_one
18-02-2010, 01:18 PM
5-1 is a right doing and no-one has said there was any bad luck about it.

IMO St Johnstone have played better than us in all games we have played them, even our win.

Hughes needs to look at his tactics sometimes. He also needs to change them when they are not working. Some of the probs from the Rangers game we took to Perth (especially the defence). I thought before the game we should be more cautious and get numbers into midfield.

I still EXPECT third place this year as we should be well capable of that. Hughes is responsible for that higher expectation and he needs to get the team there. A lose like this should be a learning process. Lets hope he and the team have learned. At least this kills off the 'split the OF' rubbish.

The real moaning will start if we lose heavily to Motherwell.

Wull
18-02-2010, 01:26 PM
"Knee jerk" should be yor Effn name, if you think a performance (not the first of the season) is even remotely acceptable the you are supportin the wrong team. I see you were likr myself followinn the game on HI INT some times we dont make the match but for ***** sake St J 5 Hibs 1. get te ******

silverhibee
18-02-2010, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=ahibby;2358553]Yogi is maybe looking at giving Hanlon his future position early to get him used to it and while I am not sure how much of anything was down to Hanlon playing CB last night, I am sure we were weakened by Hoggy playing right back. Is it difficult to play Hanlon Bamba and Hogg together as they are all supposed to be current or future CBs? What if we played the three of them at the back as a three man defence and played Murray in the middle (where we seemed to be weak last night), would that have maybe worked? What if we played the usual four at the back instead (i.e. DW at right back) and played Hanlon in front of Murray moving Riordan in to a two man attack situ with Stokes? We could still have had Zemama and Miller in the middle with either Hanlon or Murray and on the right anyone you fancy. Yogi tried summit last night that didn't work. Fortunately he found out when we still had/have a cushion of one point sitting in third. Does he not have to start preparing Hanlon in that CB position when that's were he is expected to feature in the not too distant?[/QUOTE

No he tried it at the weekend and it never worked, to try the the same thing last night was madness.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=ahibby;2358553]Yogi is maybe looking at giving Hanlon his future position early to get him used to it and while I am not sure how much of anything was down to Hanlon playing CB last night, I am sure we were weakened by Hoggy playing right back. Is it difficult to play Hanlon Bamba and Hogg together as they are all supposed to be current or future CBs? What if we played the three of them at the back as a three man defence and played Murray in the middle (where we seemed to be weak last night), would that have maybe worked? What if we played the usual four at the back instead (i.e. DW at right back) and played Hanlon in front of Murray moving Riordan in to a two man attack situ with Stokes? We could still have had Zemama and Miller in the middle with either Hanlon or Murray and on the right anyone you fancy. Yogi tried summit last night that didn't work. Fortunately he found out when we still had/have a cushion of one point sitting in third. Does he not have to start preparing Hanlon in that CB position when that's were he is expected to feature in the not too distant?[/QUOTE

No he tried it at the weekend and it never worked, to try the the same thing last night was madness.

In what way did it not work at the weekend? I personally thought the 1st half was as good as we have played this season. And the formation was nothing to do with any of the goals we conceded.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=silverhibee;2358753]

In what way did it not work at the weekend? I personally thought the 1st half was as good as we have played this season. And the formation was nothing to do with any of the goals we conceded.

Seem to be going round in circles here eh??
One question...Are you happy with Hogg at RB??

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2358759]

Imho he done well on sunday, wouldn't say he was the worst last night, but you seem to be comparing him to wotherspoon best games. I'd prefer Wotherspoon there, hogg back in the middle with Bamba and murray on the left.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Imho he done well on sunday, wouldn't say he was the worst last night, but you seem to be comparing him to wotherspoon best games. I'd prefer Wotherspoon there, hogg back in the middle with Bamba and murray on the left.

So you do think that tinkering with the team has had an adverse effect then??
You also think that Wotherspoon should have been in for last nights game???
You don't think that Wotherspoon is about to burn out, or you would not suggest putting him back in if so?????

matty_f
18-02-2010, 02:41 PM

It wasn't madness. We played well at Ibrox, but even if we hadn't you sometimes have to give something more than one go before knowing whether or not it will work out.

It's sometimes about patience and perseverance to get the outcome you want long term. I think that the goals against column for the last two games shows that the defence needs to be put back to how it was when we were less generous, and i would reckon Yogi has seen this too.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 03:15 PM
So you do think that tinkering with the team has had an adverse effect then??
You also think that Wotherspoon should have been in for last nights game???
You don't think that Wotherspoon is about to burn out, or you would not suggest putting him back in if so?????

I think whatever team we played at ibrox, we'd have struggled to win, yet we did play well.

I have no idea if he's about to burn out, it was a suggestion as to why he was rested. I do think playing him every week without a break wont be doing the best for him and the future, a little rest will do him the power of good imho. One game in 2 weeks wont burn him out.

silverhibee
18-02-2010, 03:33 PM

Wee got beat 3-0 so it really never worked what Yogi was trying, yeah wee played well in the first half at ibrox, but without any real threat towards them, Hanlons header was probaly the closest Hibs came to scoring,, its not as if there goalkeeper was having to make loads of saves, but the game is over 90mins and Hibs never turned up for the second half, maybe a wee change at half time, Gow off for Wotherspoon might have made a difference as Gow struggled to get in to the game.
I still cannot understand why Yogi made so many changes for that game when the team that had been playing were doing just fine and getting results for the team.
Anyway, still third in the league and the passport will hopefully get used this year.:greengrin

silverhibee
18-02-2010, 03:36 PM

To answer your question. NO.
And i bet he aint at RB this weekend. Here is hoping anyway.:greengrin

Wull
18-02-2010, 03:36 PM

Wee got beat 3-0 so it really never worked what Yogi was trying, yeah wee played well in the first half at ibrox, but without any real threat towards them, Hanlons header was probaly the closest Hibs came to scoring,, its not as if there goalkeeper was having to make loads of saves, but the game is over 90mins and Hibs never turned up for the second half, maybe a wee change at half time, Gow off for Wotherspoon might have made a difference as Gow struggled to get in to the game.
I still cannot understand why Yogi made so many changes for that game when the team that had been playing were doing just fine and getting results for the team.
Anyway, still third in the league and the passport will hopefully get used this year.:greengrin

Keep yer passport handy fur a visit doon te me meres the chance.:wink:

silverhibee
18-02-2010, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=erskine-hibby;2358776]

Me too please.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I think whatever team we played at ibrox, we'd have struggled to win, yet we did play well.

I have no idea if he's about to burn out, it was a suggestion as to why he was rested. I do think playing him every week without a break wont be doing the best for him and the future, a little rest will do him the power of good imho. One game in 2 weeks wont burn him out.

Really??
Doesn't say much for our squad then, does it??

silverhibee
18-02-2010, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=silverhibee;2358844]

Keep yer passport handy fur a visit doon te me meres the chance.:wink:

Nae chance, hopefully just a wee blip, and back to winning ways for Hibs this weekend.:greengrin

Andy74
18-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Really??
Doesn't say much for our squad then, does it??

Correct. Wage budget of £4m or so against wage budget of probably over £30m. Doesn't take a genius.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Correct. Wage budget of £4m or so against wage budget of probably over £30m. Doesn't take a genius.

We beat celtic at Parkhead didn't we???
Doesn't take a genius.

Andy74
18-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Doesn't take a genius.

We did, although genius boy, I'd suggest you take a look at our recent or even long term record at both Parkhead or Ibrox to suss out the likelihood of us winning there at any given time.

Sometimes we operate way above our level and they have an off day, usually we get beat.

We certainly have no right to expect that we will win games there.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 04:31 PM
We did, although genius boy, I'd suggest you take a look at our recent or even long term record at both Parkhead or Ibrox to suss out the likelihood of us winning there at any given time.

Sometimes we operate way above our level and they have an off day, usually we get beat.

We certainly have no right to expect that we will win games there.

Who said we did??
We can and do perform there on a reasonably regular basis.

Glad you recognise genius when you see it though...as for the 'boy' thanks son.

ahibby
18-02-2010, 04:34 PM

I trust your not asking me as that was SilverHibees comment not mine.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Doesn't take a genius.

I'd take celtics squad over ours every time. They will beat us far more than we will beat them. What it says about our squad is it has done very well this season.

erskine-hibby
18-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I'd take celtics squad over ours every time. They will beat us far more than we will beat them. What it says about our squad is it has done very well this season.

I would take their squad too..well to a point.
What it says about our squad is that it is limited and such limitations should be taken into account when thinking about changing the team around. I personally think that Yogi thought we were better off than we were and that certain players would be ok playing out of position...clearly this was not the case.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2010, 04:45 PM
I would take their squad too..well to a point.
What it says about our squad is that it is limited and such limitations should be taken into account when thinking about changing the team around. I personally think that Yogi thought we were better off than we were and that certain players would be ok playing out of position...clearly this was not the case.

I personally have no idea what yogi was thinking, and wouldn't guess as i might be completely wrong.:wink: We shall just have to agree to disagree on this.:greengrin

hibiedude
18-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Good reply I was at the game last night and have kept of the site all day.

Last nights game was shocking we did nothing right and St Johnstone were superb and take all the credit.

I left 10 mintes before the end because I had enough of watching p1ss poor football from us.

we were luck to get away with just 5 goals conceded.

matty_f
18-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I personally have no idea what yogi was thinking, and wouldn't guess as i might be completely wrong.:wink: We shall just have to agree to disagree on this.:greengrin

He explains almost every selection for the Rangers game in his HTV interview. :agree:

Captain Trips
18-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Of course the reaction is knee jerk it has to be each week is a new game. A knee jerk reaction happens a lot when some think a player is good after 1 match but that seems ok to do.

This for me is not about slating a player whom I dont think is good enough, yeah there are even in this good season a few players whom I dont rate as I am sure many on here have a player or 2 they dont rate. Last night just didnt suddenly make me think any player was better or worse.

For me I was ne of the people who thought and has a little hope that 2nd was on, 5pts off with the chance to make it 2pts is challenging in my book and that for me is what we were and hopefully still are doing.

What is not acceptable ever is losing 5-1 to St Johnstone at this stage in the season in that manner, im not coming on to say x was poor or y should be subbed or was rubbish, im saying as a whole what represented Hibs last night as a team, performance wise is 100% unacceptable and for me I hope they hurt as much as a lot of fans do after that one.

I am pretty disgusted with each and every one of them after that serving and IMO rightfully so should get stick, they have been given plenty of support and plaudits I think stick for last night is fair, no matter what anyone thinks for me 2nd was really on and a chance to do something special that is why I am disgusted at that last night.

James70
18-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Have just watched the highlights on BBC site and Hibs defending looks half hearted at best. We had defenders back at all the goals but I didn't see a decent challenge from any of our players who seemed to be hanging back all the time. The only good point was the way that Stokesy took his goal again.

Whatever happened with this positive thinking we were supposed to be picking up from Yogi's guru guy.

sesoim
18-02-2010, 06:09 PM
1. Hogg is NEVER a right back
2. Why has Wotherspoon been dropped?
3. This 4-2-4 is alot of crap. Get an extra man in midfield.
4. Stop playing high balls all the time.

What worries me is that Yogi doesn't seem to know how to change a game. After plan A, there is nothing.

Pretty much agree apart from the last bit. Yogi DOES know how to change a game, but not always in our favour!

I think we all have to let him off for mistakes in the last couple of games given how well we've done this season, but that doesn't stop a 5-1 hammering (thanks mostly to Yogi getting certain things wrong) from being highly annoying.