PDA

View Full Version : Time To Dig In And Rally Round

Dashing Bob S
17-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Two terrible back-to-back results, and even worse, that we've gotten back into the Hamilton zone of not even showing up.

However, it could be argued that if things do even themselves out over the season, it's no more than we deserve.

Yogi's taken his share of the plaudits, but now he does deserve criticism for tinkering with a winning formula, and we really do miss McBride and Bamba is still in Africa etc etc.

Now we've a tough game at the form club in the SPL and are staring three losses on the spin in the face.

It's time for us all to stand together and get behind the team.

For the last 135 minutes we've been a slump, no doubt about it. Lets get out of it asap.

shamo9
17-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Too soon for this sort of talk - people need to let off some steam tonight (good for the heart):wink: Fighting amongst each other is just so fun.

Beefster
17-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Two terrible back-to-back results, and even worse, that we've gotten back into the Hamilton zone of not even showing up.

However, it could be argued that if things do even themselves out over the season, it's no more than we deserve.

Yogi's taken his share of the plaudits, but now he does deserve criticism for tinkering with a winning formula, and we really do miss McBride and Bamba is still in Africa etc etc.

Now we've a tough game at the form club in the SPL and are staring three losses on the spin in the face.

For the last 135 minutes we've been a slump, no doubt about it. Lets get out of it asap.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, Bob. I predict a couple of days of every player except Riordan and Stokes being slaughtered on here.

zlatan
17-02-2010, 08:27 PM
**** that it's time to panic aaaarrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Captain Trips
17-02-2010, 08:28 PM
We have been behind the team DBS I think its the players who need to rally not the fans.

nonshinyfinish
17-02-2010, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, Bob. I predict a couple of days of every player except Riordan and Stokes being slaughtered on here.

Riordan has been getting it tight on here for weeks.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Well said, Bob.

I'll be back in a few days, the OTT Brigade will be along soon.

A sheeeeite result of course, but we'll bounce back.

down the slope
17-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Well said, Bob.

I'll be back in a few days, the OTT Brigade will be along soon.

A sheeeeite result of course, but we'll bounce back.

Aye it's alright not to try a leg, who cares if we will be back we never should have been "away".

Forza Fred
17-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Too much like sensible post if you ask me, adn unfotunately not a lot will agree..

I agree that it is a time for quiet reflection, as opposed to searching for rusty razorblades, and possibly a huge wake up call before our game in the cup against Ross County - which I think too many people are taking for granted, and is a potential banana skin of the highest order.

The realistic among us knew that second place was never a goer, and now the work is on finishing third, as well as keeping alive our hopes in the cup.

Yogi admitted we would have the odd sore face over the remaining games of the season, and he has been right. It jus thurts when they are delivered, but hopefully we'll get over the pain of this slap in the face.

I'd rathr leeve the up and down wailing to the other lot from over the other side of the city, and let Yogi concentrate on identifying and fixing what is wrong in a calm and considered manner.

No doubt many lessons will come out from tonight's game, some for Yogi too perhaps, but again the improvement this season compared to last should not be thrown out the window, and should be remembered.

Teams will lift their game against us, and we need to cope with that, every week, home or away or there will be further disappointments

Hibs On Tour
17-02-2010, 10:13 PM

Quality post young sir.

Few people on here forgetting who we are and how it works. We've been beaten six times by the middle of Feb. Anyone who seriously says they wouldn't have taken that at the season's start is at it. Time to dig in, stop the rot and come back stronger. Setbacks are what makes character - its easy when the going is good, what defines you is how you come back from adversity. Find out who can't cut it [or isn't interested] and ship them in the summer. Keep those who 'man up' to the task and are up to it.

GGTTH

Rasta_Hibs
17-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Too much like sensible post if you ask me, adn unfotunately not a lot will agree..

I agree that it is a time for quiet reflection, as opposed to searching for rusty razorblades, and possibly a huge wake up call before our game in the cup against Ross County - which I think too many people are taking for granted, and is a potential banana skin of the highest order.

The realistic among us knew that second place was never a goer, and now the work is on finishing third, as well as keeping alive our hopes in the cup.

Yogi admitted we would have the odd sore face over the remaining games of the season, and he has been right. It jus thurts when they are delivered, but hopefully we'll get over the pain of this slap in the face.

I'd rathr leeve the up and down wailing to the other lot from over the other side of the city, and let Yogi concentrate on identifying and fixing what is wrong in a calm and considered manner.

No doubt many lessons will come out from tonight's game, some for Yogi too perhaps, but again the improvement this season compared to last should not be thrown out the window, and should be remembered.

Teams will lift their game against us, and we need to cope with that, every week, home or away or there will be further disappointments

I agree with what you have said. We have had a couple of skelps in the face earlier in the season, from St johnstone, from hamilton and Rangers but we have bounced back. I think as you have said that the team as a whole need to realise that teams will be playing to the max against us and this means that we then have to raise our game further in order to win.

I think this team will bounce back and i think maybe it could turn out to be a wake up call for the cup game and the rest of the season. Time will tell i suppose. I for one think we will kick on again.

Has Yogi taken out Wotherspoon or is he injured?