PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Germany

BVB-Hibby
17-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Hello Hibs-family,

I`m new to www.hibs.net and I want to introduce myself quickly.

I'm a 31 years old fan and season ticket holder of Borussia Dortmund (BVB) from Germany. In 2009 I have lived and worked in Edinburgh for 6 month. In this time I went to several Hibs games at Easter Road. I really like the stadium (espacially the East Stand) and the atmosphere there. So the Hibs became my favourite team in Scotland. To the League Cup game vs. St Johnstone in September 2009 I went with hibs.net user "leemc-1989" to ER... so he knows me in person.

I will come to Edinburgh for the game vs St Johnstone on 27th of February, this time the Hibs will beat them... I`m sure! Maybe you will realize a guy with a BVB badge on his jacket and a Hibs scarf... well... that`s me then :wink:

Woody1985
17-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Welcome. :notworthy:

BSEJVT
17-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Welcome aboard.:thumbsup::hnet:

Ell_Chrisso
17-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Soo what's the "wee team" you support like? :wink:

Sean1875
17-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Welcome to the hibs family :notworthy:

Jay
17-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Welcome :thumbsup:

zlatan
17-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Zidan :not worth

MyJo
17-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Willkommen in die familie :hnet:

Sandy
17-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the Hibs family my friend :notworthy: We used to have a user Shwabe (sp) who posted on here who was a VFB Stuttgart fan.

Hibee_Lisa
17-02-2010, 12:17 PM

Delboy4
17-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the Hibs family.
:thumbsup:

magnificent_seven
17-02-2010, 12:23 PM
ALE ALE ALE ALE OH BVB 09!!

Welcome to the board. My dad also has a season ticket for Dortmund. Been to a few games. Was at the Koln - Dortmund game last month. Dortmund won 3-2, with a last minute goal. Was in the Dortmund end and it was an amazing atmosphere!

bawheid
17-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Borussia Dortmund and Hibernian FC linked by...

Murdo Davidson MacLeod :thumbsup:

Anyone else?

ronaldo7
17-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Welcome Dortmund.:thumbsup:

Murdo is doing fine:thumbsup:

joe breezy
17-02-2010, 12:29 PM
wilkommen mein Freund

Diclonius
17-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi man, Dortmund are my German team so you've made the right choice on both counts. :wink: Enjoy the game.

Ringothedog
17-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Willkommen in die familie :hnet:

Ich kann sie nicht verstehen:wink:

The Voice Of Reason
17-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Welcome. :thumbsup:

RUMMENIGGE ! :greengrin

Capt Mainwaring
17-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Guten tag BVB - wilkommen

Have you seen Matty Jack lately?

:notworthy:

Hainan Hibs
17-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the board:thumbsup:

Good choice of Scottish and German teams:greengrin

hfc rd
17-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Guten tag :wink:.

:notworthy:

Welcome to the Hibs family.

DC_Hibs
17-02-2010, 01:20 PM
I enjoyed my last visit to Dortmund a few weeks back when Eintracht tucked them away 3-2. Was especially pleasing when you see so many Celtic tops at Dortmund games and know that there will likely be a representation of Tartan Army kilted attention seekers who have latched onto them in their droves.

Dortmunds stadium is fantastic with 25k standing behind the goal but the atmosphere should be a lot better than it is. For a club of their size they should also be challenging at the top of the league after a good few years of mediocre performances.

p.s Glad to hear you have taken an interest in Hibs and no offence intended above (to you anyway)!!

CallumLaidlaw
17-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Hello Hibs-family,

I'm a 31 years old fan and season ticket holder of Borussia Dortmund (BVB) from Germany. In 2009 I have lived and worked in Edinburgh for 6 month. In this time I went to several Hibs games at Easter Road. I really like the stadium (espacially the East Stand) and the atmosphere there. So the Hibs became my favourite team in Scotland. To the League Cup game vs. St Johnstone in September 2009 I went with hibs.net user "leemc-1989" to ER... so he knows me in person.

I will come to Edinburgh for the game vs St Johnstone on 27th of February, this time the Hibs will beat them... I`m sure! Maybe you will realize a guy with a BVB badge on his jacket and a Hibs scarf... well... that`s me then :wink:

Visited Dortmund in February 2008, and Went to the Dortmund v Schalke game, which unfortunately Dortmund lost 3-2, but it was an amazing atmosphere. Our seats were right in line with the home terracing behind the goals and it was amazing to watch.
The stadium is awesome too, and enjoyed a fair few drinks in dortmund that weekend. My Borrussia Dortmund pendant still hangs proudly on my wall :agree:

Gatecrasher
17-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Welcome you made the right choice

hopefully a better result this time around

ChilliEater
17-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Do all Dortmund games finish 3-2?

MyJo
17-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Ich kann sie nicht verstehen:wink:

neither do i :greengrin

magnificent_seven
17-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Do all Dortmund games finish 3-2?

A fair few do! I was also at one at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin which finished 3-2 to Hertha against Dortmund.

Jim44
17-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Willkommen und Gluckauf.

KWJ
17-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Was in Dortmund in 06 for the World Cup and had a great time. Locals were very friendly. I wanted to go to Trinidad & Tobago v Sweden but couldn't get a ticket. Had an amazin time with the T&T fans while I had my Latapy Hibs top and kilt on. Also met the most attractive woman I've ever seen who was sharing my dorm. She loved my accent and knew the slang because of Irvine Welsh books. Yes, she was Swedish!

bawheid
17-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Willkommen und Gluckauf.

Steady mate, that was uncalled for!

ahibby
17-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Wilkommen Ich bin ein fan der Weder Bremen. Grun und Weis uber ales!

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-02-2010, 02:14 PM

Don't mean this to sound cheeky mate, but, the game is away from home tonight, so, you will have to sample the delights of Perth!

I was at the Germany v Scotland game in Dortmund when Germany won 2-1, magic atmosphere/stadium. :thumbsup:

Vini1875
17-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Don't mean this to sound cheeky mate, but, the game is away from home tonight, so, you will have to sample the delights of Perth!

I was at the Germany v Scotland game in Dortmund when Germany won 2-1, magic atmosphere/stadium. :thumbsup:

Aye but we play St J at ER on the 27th

haagsehibby
17-02-2010, 02:24 PM

He's not talking about tonight's game he's talking about the game at ER on 27th Feb !!

MountcastleHibs
17-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the board :thumbsup:

MyJo
17-02-2010, 02:27 PM

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-02-2010, 02:27 PM
He's not talking about tonight's game he's talking about the game at ER on 27th Feb !!

Right enough! Never read as far as the date! :doh:

BVB-Hibby
17-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Thank you very much for the warm welcome to hibs.net

I will write answers to a few posts, if I forget to answer one question please don't be angry with me and give me a hint:

@zlatan: Zidan is a "changeful" player: one game is playing very well, next game he is playing very bad! But we like him :agree:

@magnificent seven: I was in Köln (or better say Cologne) too. Amazing game!
Great day!

@bawheid: Murdo MacLeod is still a hero in Dortmund! He played here when I was 10 years old. In December 2009 Borussia Dortmund became 100 years... and Murdo came to celebrate with the BVB fans :top marks!

@DC Hibs: No problem, I don´t feel offended! You are right, we have people in Dortmund that wear Celtic tops. That is because Dortmund played Celtic in the European Cup in 1987 and 1992. A few BVB fans became friends with Celtic supporters... and this lasts until today. That is ok for me :wink:.

The atmosphere is getting better and better with every game, believe me mate :wink:!

@SuffolkHibee: Not all games mate :wink:

@Jim44 and bawheid: "Glück auf" is an old salutation that miners used to say to each other! In the "Ruhrgebiet" (the area from Dortmund to Oberhausen in the middle of Germany) we used to have a lot of coal mines / underground mining.
It is not a special greeting of our rivals "Schalke". So I don´t feel offended by that :-)!

@HUTCHYHIBBY: Thank you very much but I will come to Edinburgh on the 27th of February :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-02-2010, 02:59 PM
:thumbsup::notworthy:

Nameless
17-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Welcome:thumbsup:

Dortmund are my German team, have followed them since I was a nipper. Planning on coming over for a few games next season, heard the matchday atmosphere is amazing.

sunshine1875
17-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Hello Hibs-family,

I`m new to www.hibs.net (http://www.hibs.net) and I want to introduce myself quickly.

I always remember the reception that the Dortmund fans gave Paul Lambert after he played his last game for them. The whole stadium "You'll never walk alone" to him. Fantastic way to send-off a player - pity he was off to the Infirm.

ArabHibee
17-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Welcome and LTBDF!

:thumbsup:

Russian Hibs Fan
17-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the Hibs family. Das Ist Fantastisch!

Horse
17-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Hello Hibs-family,

Welcome to the Hibs Family! I think I still have a Dortmund strip that my brother bought me years ago when he went to the westfalen stadium. The stadium looks awesome so thanks for your complimentary comments about our own wee stadium!

givescotlandfreedom
17-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Wilkommen! Schade, dass du dieses Spiel gueckst :boo hoo:

john18722
17-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Welcome mate.

I was recently in Germany and attended the Borussia Dortmund v Eintracht Frankfurt game at the Westfalen Stadion. What an amazing atmosphere. Especially from the south stand, where there must have been around 30000 standing supporters. Good game too although Dortmund lost 3-2 in the end. Suspect defending was the problem that day.

Really enjoyed the stadium, atmosphere etc though.

Welcome again.

Cheers

RMG_82
18-02-2010, 06:35 AM
Hello Hibs-family,

Tell the truth mein freund..........you're an undercover jambo :bye:

BVB-Hibby
18-02-2010, 07:12 AM
Uh... what happend last night at Perth? Horrible! The next game vs St Johnstone will be a victory for the Hibs, I hope I can be a talisman for you.

I´m glad to hear that so many of you guys have already been to a game
in Dortmund and enjoyed their time. If anyone of you will come to a game
in future please let me know. We can meet at the stadium and have a beer together.

And you guys suprised me: Some of you speak German very well :wink:

@sunshine1875: Right! Paul Lambert is another "scottish hero" that played for the BVB! Overall three scottish players were in Dortmund to play for the BVB:
1. Murdo MacLeod
2. Paul Lambert
3. Scott Booth

@ArabHibee: LTBDF ???

@john18722: The "Westfalenstadion" is for 80.000 people, on the south stand there are 22.000 people standing. I´m glad that you enjoyed it.

@RMG 82: You wanna offend me :wink: !?

Sandy
18-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Tell the truth mein freund..........you're an undercover jambo :bye:

Nae need for that IMO :bitchy:

BVB-Hibby
03-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Hello Hibs family!

Except for the result I had a great time last Saturday in Edinburgh
and I´m glad that I joined the last game in the old East Stand.

Thank you to everybody I have met in or around the stadium (especially leemc-1989 for taking me to the Hibs Club before the game)... I´m looking forward to my next trip to Leith...

Cheers, Christian

Jonnyboy
03-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Hello Hibs family!

Thank you to everybody I have met in or around the stadium (especially leemc-1989 for taking me to the Hibs Club before the game)... I´m looking forward to my next trip to Leith...

Cheers, Christian

Glad you enjoyed the trip Christian. Lets hope the Hibees can win for you on your next trip to Edinburgh :thumbsup:

Lmc2105
03-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Hello Hibs family!

Cheers, Christian

No bother Christian was good to see you again mate:thumbsup:
thank you for the Dortmund scarf its a cracker:greengrin

hope to see you again soon,

cheltenhamhibee
04-03-2010, 12:59 AM
welcome on board, got to say tho my german team is wolfsburg only because of their colours

cheltenhamhibee
04-03-2010, 01:05 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:D4WJz3O2ZeCRHM:http://www.wedowholesale.com/images/valepojopnciakl.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wedowholesale.com/images/valepojopnciakl.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wedowholesale.com/famous-soccer-club-jersey-wolfsburg-fc-soccer-jersey-c-67_73_74_234.html&usg=__W4Mq3u06zttntXmZ6B9D33-u3Ik=&h=450&w=450&sz=33&hl=en&start=10&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=D4WJz3O2ZeCRHM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwolfsburg%2Bfc%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26s a%3DN%26rlz%3D1R2RNWN_enGB340%26ndsp%3D18%26tbs%3D isch:1)http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:RfU24onSkhVp0M:http://www.wedowholesale.com/images/valepojopncia%2520home%252009-10%2520LS_01.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wedowholesale.com/images/valepojopncia%2520home%252009-10%2520LS_01.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wedowholesale.com/famous-soccer-club-jersey-wolfsburg-fc-soccer-jersey-c-67_73_74_234.html&usg=__0fHmgXUxxBEYx_c7EtHIjMJXm0A=&h=450&w=450&sz=28&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=RfU24onSkhVp0M:&tbnh=127&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwolfsburg%2Bfc%2Bjerseys%26um%3D1%26h l%3Den%26sa%3DG%26rlz%3D1R2RNWN_enGB340%26tbs%3Dis ch:1)great kits, really like the white away one

RMG_82
04-03-2010, 04:00 AM
Uh... what happend last night at Perth? Horrible! The next game vs St Johnstone will be a victory for the Hibs, I hope I can be a talisman for you.

I´m glad to hear that so many of you guys have already been to a game
in Dortmund and enjoyed their time. If anyone of you will come to a game
in future please let me know. We can meet at the stadium and have a beer together.

And you guys suprised me: Some of you speak German very well :wink:

@sunshine1875: Right! Paul Lambert is another "scottish hero" that played for the BVB! Overall three scottish players were in Dortmund to play for the BVB:
1. Murdo MacLeod
2. Paul Lambert
3. Scott Booth

@ArabHibee: LTBDF ???

@john18722: The "Westfalenstadion" is for 80.000 people, on the south stand there are 22.000 people standing. I´m glad that you enjoyed it.

@RMG 82: You wanna offend me :wink: !?

Just a bit of banter mate :greengrin I watch the bundesliga regularly. Cracking stadiums in germany and looks like a great Atmosphere. I watched the lad Cacau score 4 for Stuttgart last week. He looks a good player! Does he play for germany? Do you remember Paul Lambert playing for your mob?

Sandy- U can never be too sure with the yams signing up here

Calvin
04-03-2010, 05:22 AM
You weren't the only German there on Saturday, I had a brief conversation with a guy who noticed my scarf with the Rot-Weiss Essen badge on it. I never knew Hibs had so much international appeal!

Glad you enjoyed the game. I need to get to more Germsn matches, I've only ever been to the Olympiastadion and the Stadion der Freundschaft. It's bad luck that I did my Praktikum near Cottbus, why couldn't it have been at a team that can actually stay in the Bundesliga! Now I'm lumbered as am Energie fan!

lyonhibs
04-03-2010, 08:56 AM
There was a group of 3 or 4 Dutch guys with FC Gronigen tops milling about the Hibs Club before the game.

Is that just random, or is there some link-up between the 2 clubs??

Lmc2105
04-03-2010, 10:40 AM
There was a group of 3 or 4 Dutch guys with FC Gronigen tops milling about the Hibs Club before the game.

yeah a see those people as well i think they come over for the odd game he said to me he only comes over some times but he loves coming over he was a bit peeeeshed tho lucky sod!!

but yeah good lads that like there drink!!

:wink:

SIR JIMMY BOCCO
04-03-2010, 10:41 PM
WELCOME:bye::thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
04-03-2010, 10:44 PM
welcome on board, got to say tho my german team is wolfsburg only because of their colours

Was at a Cologne v Wolfsburg game a few years back and the atmosphere was electric. Over 40,000 in the stadium even though Cologne were relegated that season

DC_Hibs
05-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Was at a Cologne v Wolfsburg game a few years back and the atmosphere was electric. Over 40,000 in the stadium even though Cologne were relegated that season

From the Cologne fans obviously as Wolfsburg are lucky to take 1000 to away games........even this season when they are reigning champions.

You can say the same about other clubs near the top like Leverkusen and obviously Hoffenheim. Up to 30,000 at home games but dreadful away support.

Cologne are indeed an impressive support.

Hibrandenburg
05-03-2010, 07:12 AM
:scarf: Wo die Weser einen großen Bogen macht :scarf:

Trotzdem, herzlich Wilkommen.

Jonnyboy
05-03-2010, 11:38 AM
From the Cologne fans obviously as Wolfsburg are lucky to take 1000 to away games........even this season when they are reigning champions.

You can say the same about other clubs near the top like Leverkusen and obviously Hoffenheim. Up to 30,000 at home games but dreadful away support.

Cologne are indeed an impressive support.

There weren't a lot of Wolfsburg fans DC but those that attended were very prominent, noisy and colourful with their huge green and white flags :greengrin

Cologne had a certain Lukas Podolski playing for them. Wore number 10 and reminded me a lot of a certain Hibs player :greengrin

Hibby D
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM

Not random and a strong link-up going back a good few years now.

Here's a couple of pics from our trip over in 2007

Lix
05-03-2010, 12:25 PM

There were 26 of them over for the weekend:agree:

They've been over a few times and we've been over there (and due a visit back!).

They generally don't get a great game... last one was Hearts cup defeat, but they did see us win a cup!:thumbsup:

GloryGlory
05-03-2010, 12:26 PM
You weren't the only German there on Saturday, I had a brief conversation with a guy who noticed my scarf with the Rot-Weiss Essen badge on it. I never knew Hibs had so much international appeal!

Glad you enjoyed the game. I need to get to more Germsn matches, I've only ever been to the Olympiastadion and the Stadion der Freundschaft. It's bad luck that I did my Praktikum near Cottbus, why couldn't it have been at a team that can actually stay in the Bundesliga! Now I'm lumbered as am Energie fan!

Don't they play in green? And didn't the mighty Mathias Jack start his career there? :thumbsup: Two not bad reasons to support them (says this Hertha Berlin fan - OMG, what a dreadful season wir Herthaner are having!)

GloryGlory
05-03-2010, 12:27 PM

Think it's something that started on the Bounce.

Hibby D
05-03-2010, 12:28 PM
There were 26 of them over for the weekend:agree:

They've been over a few times and we've been over there (and due a visit back!).
They generally don't get a great game... last one was Hearts cup defeat, but they did see us win a cup!:thumbsup:

We need to get Mr C to organise something :partyhibb Boozy's going over this month I believe :agree:

BVB-Hibby
08-03-2010, 07:09 AM
@cheltenhamhibee: The kits are great... but the city is very boring :wink:!

@RMG 82: That´s alright mate :wink:
Paul Lambert is a legend in Dortmund! There are a lot of people that still wear PL tops (number 14) on game days.

@Hiberlin: Danke :wink:!

@DC Hibs/Jonnyboy: Cologne has very good (and loud) supporters, one of the best crowd in Germany!

Cheers, Christian

P.S.: Our score from Saturday: BVB - Mönchengladbach 3:0 (Goals: K.Großkreutz, M.Zidan(2))!

Calvin
08-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Don't they play in green? And didn't the mighty Mathias Jack start his career there? :thumbsup: Two not bad reasons to support them (says this Hertha Berlin fan - OMG, what a dreadful season wir Herthaner are having!)

Well no and no :greengrin

It really has been dire for Hertha but I have a feeling they will somehow struggle out of it. Although if they go down, at least there will be a Berlin derby for the first time in yonks!

mim
08-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Hello Hibs family!

Cheers, Christian

Glad you enjoyed the trip, Christian :thumbsup:

I was in Dortmund for the official opening of the 'new' stadium in 1974, when Scotland beat Zaire 2-0 in the World Cup - a result that would eventually see Scotland losing out on goal difference to Brazil and Yugoslavia in the group stages.

This was Scotland's first ever victory at the World Cup finals.
A great experience and a fantastic time was had by all in Dortmund.

More recently I spent 3 years in Munich and saw a few games between Dortmund and F.C. Bayern, including a Champions League encounter. As an 1860 fan, I was always supporting Dortmund at these games - what a fierce rivalry there was between Dortmund and Bayern in those days.

Is it still the same?

BVB-Hibby
08-03-2010, 01:56 PM
More recently I spent 3 years in Munich and saw a few games between Dortmund and F.C. Bayern, including a Champions League encounter. As an 1860 fan, I was always supporting Dortmund at these games - what a fierce rivalry there was between Dortmund and Bayern in those days.

Is it still the same?

Hello Mike,

no... not anymore because the FC Bayern has been far better in the last years than Borussia Dortmund. It is still something special to play them but not a real rivalry as in former times.

Our major rival is Schalke (a suburb team of Gelsenkirchen), it´s like Hibs vs. H*arts :wink:!