PDA

View Full Version : Murray As Manager?

AugustaHibs
17-02-2010, 10:30 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2856662/Ian-Murray-wants-to-emulate-his-Hibs-manager-John-Hughes.html

? :confused: I Think he would do alright. :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Fully expect to see him in our dug out in a few years...being an ex-player he will tick most of the boxes that require to be ticked to become a hibs boss :wink:

Alan62
17-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Fully expect to see him in our dug out in a few years...being an ex-player he will tick most of the boxes that require to be ticked to become a hibs boss :wink:

All Ian has in managerial terms at the moment is ambition. Only time will tell if he has the other, more important, requirements to one day be the Hibs boss.

hfc rd
17-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Think he will take up a coaching role with us once his new contract expires. The guy would be a great hibs manager one day, as he shares the same amount of passion as Yogi.

"ONE IAN MURRAY" :thumbsup:

--------
17-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Think he will take up a coaching role with us once his new contract expires. The guy would be a great hibs manager one day, as he shares the same amount of passion as Yogi.

He's already working as a part-time coach in the Borders, isn't he?

His present contract takes him up to age 30. I think he might well then either go to a smaller club as player-coach, or sign up an extension with us as a player, but with coaching duties as well.

Five-six years from now, he could be just about ready to take the job on....

Rossco442
17-02-2010, 01:18 PM

Yes but only passion does not make a good manager. Here's hoping he's picked up a few other traits along the way!

ahibby
17-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Yes but only passion does not make a good manager. Here's hoping he's picked up a few other traits along the way!

:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
17-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Is this the same I-hun Murray that so many on here used togive abuse to? Ex Huns often struggle in the Hibs dug-out. I mean that guy Miller, he only lasted 12 years!

Let's get real.

ancient hibee
17-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Pat Stanton?

John Blackley?

Franck Sauzee?

Mixu?

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-02-2010, 03:09 PM
All Ian has in managerial terms at the moment is ambition. Only time will tell if he has the other, more important, requirements to one day be the Hibs boss.

Frank and Mixu didn't have a lot more when they got offered jobs tbh.

jakedance
17-02-2010, 04:11 PM
We'll only know in time whether he has what it takes to be a manager. It's a good sign though that he wants to be involved in coaching when he still has years of playing still to go. It's a good way to keep him at the club till the end of his playing career too.

Hibs On Tour
17-02-2010, 04:14 PM

Didnae stop JC from getting the gig... :devil:

Holmesdale Hibs
17-02-2010, 04:26 PM
His present contract takes him up to age 30. I think he might well then either go to a smaller club as player-coach, or sign up an extension with us as a player, but with coaching duties as well.

Five-six years from now, he could be just about ready to take the job on....

I think 30 is a bit young to take on coaching responsibilities. If he signs another extension there's a chance he could be captain at the time and can't see a captain\coach role. If he's lucky with injuries he could play well in to his 30s

He'd be best going away and learning about management somewhere else instead of going straight in the deep end at Hibs. Just think of what happened with Sauzee. I still think he (Sauzee) had have left us as a player he could have been a good manager later.

ancienthibby
17-02-2010, 04:35 PM
I think 30 is a bit young to take on coaching responsibilities. If he signs another extension there's a chance he could be captain at the time and can't see a captain\coach role. If he's lucky with injuries he could play well in to his 30s

He'd be best going away and learning about management somewhere else instead of going straight in the deep end at Hibs. Just think of what happened with Sauzee. I still think he (Sauzee) had have left us as a player he could have been a good manager later.

I would love to see IM made club captain NOW, with CH as team captain. Maybe now that has to wait until the next contract renewal!!:thumbsup:

Jim44
17-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I would love to see IM made club captain NOW, with CH as team captain. Maybe now that has to wait until the next contract renewal!!:thumbsup:

Do we have a set up of both club captain and team captain? I'd like to see Murray as team captain but I don't think that this is the time to take it away from Hogg. If/when we go on a dodgy run, then that might be the time to ring the changes.

HibeeUnderwood
17-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Could easily see him as Hibs manager in 10-20 years time :agree:

He loves the club that much and fans would easily take to him :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
17-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Do we have a set up of both club captain and team captain? I'd like to see Murray as team captain but I don't think that this is the time to take it away from Hogg. If/when we go on a dodgy run, then that might be the time to ring the changes.

How about now? :devil:

Only joking before I get hit with a torrent of FFS etc...