poolman
17-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Fantastic interview from Yogi on HI for all those who can watch

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/sub/TheDugout/0,,10290~1967211,00.html

rainman
17-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Fantastic interview from Yogi on HI for all those who can watch

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/sub/TheDugout/0,,10290~1967211,00.html

My appreciation and use of HI has went up ten fold since Yogi came to Hibs. His interviews are great value, I could listen to him talk about football all day long. :thumbsup:

NaeTechnoHibby
17-02-2010, 02:03 AM
My appreciation and use of HI has went up ten fold since Yogi came to Hibs. His interviews are great value, I could listen to him talk about football all day long. :thumbsup:

I originally bought, it just when JC came in and it was all good viewing :thumbsup:

I got right pe_ed oaf when I was getting emails telling me to watch stuff though. I finaly stopped watched when Mixu was there (sadly as he's one hellava nice guy) as I got bored :yawn:

I might just get it back again though :thumbsup:

rainman
17-02-2010, 02:19 AM
I originally bought, it just when JC came in and it was all good viewing :thumbsup:

I got right pe_ed oaf when I was getting emails telling me to watch stuff though. I finaly stopped watched when Mixu was there (sadly as he's one hellava nice guy) as I got bored :yawn:

I might just get it back again though :thumbsup:

I bought it when Mixu was there and only watched the highlights. As you said, Mixu is a bloody thoroughly nice chap but wasn't the most charismatic speaker.

One thing i have noticed is the difference in the players as well. They all seem to be buzzing and can't speak highly enough of Yogi, his training and being at the club. I'm sure the interviewers and people involved in HI who post on here would agree with that.

Cameron1875
17-02-2010, 02:35 AM
Watched many of his interviews but i would probably say that is the best yet. Such a great motivator and it seems impossible that people wouldnt want to work for him. That might be partly the reason why we can attract players like miller and gow.

Also maybe a reason why he didnt get the job before was that he was too much for petrie and the board to take :greengrin

PeeJay
17-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Yogi has been a fantastic "signing" all round - his interviews are indeed motivational and I would love to see him giving a team talk (HI are you reading this!): the players must benefit hugely from having such a focussed guy in charge. He knows his football as well - great stuff!
I would also say that Hibs fans who watch/listen to his interviews can certainly feel the passion, commitment and ambition he has for the club: an amazing "feel good" factor for the fans and club. Just listening to his interview makes me hungry for this evening's game against the Saints!
I feel this guy can take the club places we haven't been for a long, long time. :greengrin

ShanksSaidNo
17-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Yogi has been a fantastic "signing" all round - his interviews are indeed motivational and I would love to see him giving a team talk (HI are you reading this!): the players must benefit hugely from having such a focussed guy in charge. He knows his football as well - great stuff!
I would also say that Hibs fans who watch/listen to his interviews can certainly feel the passion, commitment and ambition he has for the club: an amazing "feel good" factor for the fans and club. Just listening to his interview makes me hungry for this evening's game against the Saints!
I feel this guy can take the club places we haven't been for a long, long time. :greengrin
I believe there are around 40 or so steps up to that place... :agree:

PC Stamp
17-02-2010, 10:52 AM
I bought it when Mixu was there and only watched the highlights. As you said, Mixu is a bloody thoroughly nice chap but wasn't the most charismatic speaker.

One thing i have noticed is the difference in the players as well. They all seem to be buzzing and can't speak highly enough of Yogi, his training and being at the club. I'm sure the interviewers and people involved in HI who post on here would agree with that.

Mixu by his nature was very guarded with everything he did and that more often than not meant that he'd say less rather than more. John however knows it's the club's own media vehicle he's talking to and that what he says will be put out in exactly the manner it was delivered with no misinterpretation or no looking for any particular angle.

Like you guys, I could sit and listen to him all day and when I sit down to talk to him it's just a case of letting it go where it goes because you never really know what direction it's going to take. He's a man who clearly knows what he wants and has a clear plan of how he'd like to get it.

He's right up there with Tony Mowbray & John Collins for knowledge of the game, but IMHO he beats even JC in his thinking of how players should be behaving simply because he knows how to get them to buy into his way of thinking.

I'm more than happy that in keeping with the way the club is run off the field, the team on the park are also in great hands moving forward. :thumbsup:

Alex Trager
17-02-2010, 11:07 AM
just finished watching it and was seconds away from writing a new thread about it

matty_f
17-02-2010, 11:49 AM
just finished watching it and was seconds away from writing a new thread about it

I started one elsewhere after I watched it last night.

If we have any players at Hibs that are not bought in to what Yogi is trying to do, and are not inspired by him, then they don't deserve to be playing football, IMHO.

The interview made for fantastic viewing, and it's nice to see a thread on here about it.:thumbsup:

Sandy
17-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Trying to watch it now, but the bloody bandwidth out here is pish :grr:, slightly made up for by the bright sunshine and 25 degrees weather :greengrin , but give me snow and a Yogi interview any day of the week :agree:

KWJ
17-02-2010, 01:47 PM
I had it for the first 2-3 seasons holding the £15 or whatever it was price. It was great value. I stopped it in JC's first full season I think as I was skint, seems daft now.

I really could do with Hibs radio as my net is too poor for the highlights, is there anyway to get just that?

Would be good to be able to pay for what you want rather than the whole thing.