essexhibee
16-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Should be given a deal imo, class act.

TRC
16-02-2010, 10:03 PM
really thought yogi hated his attitude :confused:

.Sean.
16-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Hope so. He still has potential to be a big player for us I feel.

vahibbie
16-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Real Madrid's on hold then :wink:

hibsbollah
16-02-2010, 10:06 PM

They look pretty chummy to me...From his winner on the opening day onwards:agree:

murray26
16-02-2010, 10:07 PM
To inconsistant time to move on.

jacomo
16-02-2010, 10:12 PM

Back in the summer, Yogi said that he was "finished with Benji" and that he was welcome to find another club.

But Benji failed to get a move, came back to Edinburgh... and found that he and Yogi actually get on! A bit of compromise on either side, and some fine man management from our gaffer, I think.

Ringothedog
16-02-2010, 10:16 PM
I cant believe some of the comments being made:grr: Benji(albeit inconsistent) is one of the most skilful players we have at ER. If yogi can harness this skill then its only to the benefit of Hibernian FC.:agree:

Riordans Boots
16-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Yogi wouldn't be playing him - even as a sub if he thought he couldn't deliver :agree: and IMPO, I think Benji can do the business going forward. He owes us that and he knows it :wink:

down-the-slope
16-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Benji is a class act when managed and played properly....Yogi is on record as praising him early season after he came back and got stuck into training.....

Benji is one of those players who 'needs an arm around him and a cuddle' the gaffer is doing great with that and he is responding....the better the pitches get the better Benji will get

What are the chances of a starring role for him in late May :greengrin :pray:

hibeeleicester
16-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Benji is a class act when managed and played properly....Yogi is on record as praising him early season after he came back and got stuck into training.....

Benji is one of those players who 'needs an arm around him and a cuddle' the gaffer is doing great with that and he is responding....the better the pitches get the better Benji will get

What are the chances of a starring role for him in late May :greengrin :pray:
Benji and hampden are a match made in heaven.

Riordans Boots
16-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Benji has had more than enough to contend with while away on loan.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/An-answer-to-Benji39s-prayers.5764107.jp

So I forgive the guy and think he deserves a bit of slack.:agree:

Bookkeeper
16-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Benji showed against the huns what he can do. Great vision, great linking, holds the ball up well and knows where the goal is. Too good a talent for Hibs to let go.

hfc rd
16-02-2010, 10:51 PM
If he continues his recent form then he does deserve a new contract as he can be a joy to watch, when he is on top of his game.

Big Frank
16-02-2010, 10:51 PM
A good player, and a benfit to Hibernian. Would walk into any other team in Scotland.

Mon the benj

J-C
16-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Like a lot of players, Yogi seems to know how to make them tick and get that wee bit more out of them, if Benji can get back to the way he played during the cup run and win, all the better.

Riordans Boots
16-02-2010, 10:54 PM
A good player, and a benfit to Hibernian. Would walk into any other team in Scotland.

Mon the benj

:thumbsup: Big hugs for Benji :agree:

Jim44
16-02-2010, 10:56 PM
If he wants to stay and his wages fit into Yogi's budget, it would be insane to let him go. I get the impression that he now sees the bigger picture and is happy to be a valuable squad player. Get him signed.

lucky
16-02-2010, 11:47 PM
He is skillful and a decent SPL player when he wants to. But for me he hardly ever wants to play. He is too huffy and greedy. I also think he has tried to use Hibs and enginer moves away for free when was under contract. I would let him go.

500miles
16-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Don't trust him. From engineering moves away, to blaming Mixu for his loss of form (he hadn't performed for months under Collins), to his deluded ideas of greatness.

Has he got the desire to stay at Hibs these days? He's said so in the media, but he's said a lot of things in the media. A talent? Aye. Worth the hassle when you already have plety of attacking talent? That has a much less definate answer.

Frank Moon
16-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Like a lot of players, Yogi seems to know how to make them tick and get that wee bit more out of them, if Benji can get back to the way he played during the cup run and win, all the better.

Aye. He sprinkles 'Gold Dust' on them:wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Yogi, sign him up :agree:

The Harp Awakes
17-02-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm doubtful whether Benji would want to sign another deal with Hibs as all the evidence so far suggests he's a bit of a journeyman. Having said that, if he wants to stay and gets his head screwed on then I think the Hibs fans will welcome him with open arms.

Great talent, great goalscorer and could be a big player for us in the seasons ahead.

jgl07
17-02-2010, 12:03 AM
If Benji was with Hearts, Vlad would be offering £10,000 aweek to get him tp resign in the hope of a big move in the future.

Jonnyboy
17-02-2010, 12:04 AM
He's vibrant in the mornings apparently

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/John-Hughes-hopes-to-tie.6078354.jp

RP pushing for 9am kick off's from now on :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Benji's cute, he says all the right things, but i don't expect him to be at the club come august.

Tranent Hibby
17-02-2010, 12:12 AM

Was very lucky to spend some time at East Mains today watching training etc, Benji was in great form and the craic he had with Yogi would tell me the man is working well.

Lmc2105
17-02-2010, 12:14 AM
i think that benji is great holding the ball up and the last few games i have seen of him when he has been on the park was okay but i still think that him bursting into the box more and overall i think that yogi will improve him as a player but i agree with Blackpool hibs i think he will be away in the summer :agree:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
17-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Benji is a guy that excites when he get's on the ball. That's the kind of player I want to watch in the last third.

Tranent Hibby
17-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Benji has had more than enough to contend with while away on loan.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/An-answer-to-Benji39s-prayers.5764107.jp

So I forgive the guy and think he deserves a bit of slack.:agree:

I hadnt read that article , however reading it now and witnessing Benjis interaction with Yogi today I feel confident in saying there is a strong relationship emerging between them. Benji was loud and happy at training today must be a good thing.

NOLA
17-02-2010, 12:54 AM
I hope Benji stays, he has so much more to give, the talent is there, if he can ally that with work ethic, then he is a class act IMO

--------
17-02-2010, 01:09 AM
If he wants to stay and his wages fit into Yogi's budget, it would be insane to let him go. I get the impression that he now sees the bigger picture and is happy to be a valuable squad player. Get him signed.

Agree 100%, Jim.

Benji is a real class act - when he's on form I'd say he's the most skilful of all our forwards and I also think he's a player for the big occasion. His goals at Hampden in the CIS final were as well-crafted and as well-taken as any you'll see in a long, long time. The same can be said for the two he scored against Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup replay that season.

He's been a long time on the road and he hasn't had his troubles to seek - it can't have been easy for him trying to cope with it all. But he's back now, and beginning to play again, and if he and Yogi get on together (as they seem to) and if Yogi's coaching can get Benji playing at his best, we would indeed be insane to even think of letting him go.

He's the one man in the squad good enough to keep Deek out of the team, IMO. The thought of us having a choice of two from three of Stokes, Benji and Deek next season? Lead me to it! :thumbsup:

007 Mickey Weir
17-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Oh Benji Benji
His name is ****in massive
So we shortend it
Oh Benji Benji

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
17-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Can someone remind me of the story behind his hopping on the pitch whenever coming on?