PDA

View Full Version : Hibs player - hearts fan

blueisthecolour
16-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Are there any known Hibs players who are hearts fans or hearts players who are hibs fans?

MSK
16-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Are there any known Hibs players who are hearts fans or hearts players who are hibs fans?Lee Wallace is a hibbie ..

Dunbar Hibee
16-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Are there any known Hibs players who are hearts fans or hearts players who are hibs fans?

Whittaker was a Jambo when he played for us, can't think of any more.

Ringothedog
Mad Vlad is a hibby :wink:

Westie1875
Danny Galbraith was a Hearts fan growing up I think?

Diclonius
16-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Hearts' Hibs fans: Lee Wallace.

Hibs' Hearts fans: Graeme Smith and Danny Galbraith.

.Sean.
16-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Hearts' Hibs fans: Lee Wallace.

Hibs' Hearts fans: Graeme Smith and Danny Galbraith.
Pretty sure Smith isn't a Jambo. Wouldn't think so anyway after the way he wound them up in the last Derby.

As for Wallace being a Hibby now, i'd be surprised. Craig Thomson at Hearts is, or was, a Hibs fan.

Www1875hfc
16-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Pretty sure Smith is'nt a Jambo. Wouldn't think so anyway after the way he wound them up in the last Derby.

As for Wallace being a Hibby now, i'd be surprised. Craig Thomson at Hearts is, or was, a Hibs fan.

Afraid Smith is a jambo sean...he actually is living very close to our own HibbyAndy in penicuik.

Toaods
16-02-2010, 07:42 PM
I think Kevin Thomson's a Celtic fan, remember he claimed that when they came in for Broonie.

Baldy Foghorn
16-02-2010, 07:42 PM

Are there any known Rangers players who support celtic and vice versa, would doubt it...............?

Barney McGrew
16-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Are there any known Rangers players who support celtic and vice versa, would doubt it...............?

Kenny Dalglish was a Rangers fan growing up IIRC

JimBHibees
16-02-2010, 07:47 PM

Jock Stein also. Bound to have been a few. Was Ross McCormack not a Celtc fan.

Baldy Foghorn
16-02-2010, 07:48 PM

I never knew that, every day you learn something new....

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2010, 07:51 PM
IIRC, Danny McGrain was a Rangers man, no?

blueisthecolour
16-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Danny Wilson - celtic fan
Chris Burke - Celtic fan
Ross McCormack - Celtic fan
Mo Johnston - celtic fan
Charlie Miller - Celtic fan (I think)

just a few off the top of my head, and I know most have moved on.

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Yup. Legend has it that, when the Celtic scouts were coming to his door, he pulled down all of his Rangers posters....

hibeeleicester
16-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Kenny miller is a celtic fan :agree:

blueisthecolour
16-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Yes

Jock Stein also. Bound to have been a few. Was Ross McCormack not a Celtc fan.

R M yes

Yes I think so

blueisthecolour
16-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Yup. Legend has it that, when the Celtic scouts were coming to his door, he pulled down all of his Rangers posters....

They knew what he was before going to them, he used to stay in the flats across from Ibrox and watch training from his window.

PaulSmith
16-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I think Kevin Thomson's a Celtic fan, remember he claimed that when they came in for Broonie.

Nag, I'm very confident that he and steven Maclean were quite big Hibs fans from Peebles.

Barney McGrew
16-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Nag, I'm very confident that he and steven Maclean were quite big Hibs fans from Peebles.

:agree:

hibsfan7
16-02-2010, 08:07 PM
was john robertson not a hibee

Borders Hibby
16-02-2010, 08:11 PM
They knew what he was before going to them, he used to stay in the flats across from Ibrox and watch training from his window.

Dalglish and McGrain both told they were too small!

blueisthecolour
16-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Dalglish and McGrain both told they were too small!

Yes that's true

Diclonius
16-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Can we go back on topic regarding Hibs and Hearts and not the OF?

This isn't the BBC.

Borders Hibby
16-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Yes that's true

Missing out on Dalglish is akin to us missing out on Robertson!

murray26
16-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Darren dods now of Dundee utd was a Jambo i believe.

hibbymac
16-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Ian Murray, raging Yam, ....... not fit to wear the green. :bitchy:

ScottB
16-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Darren Jackson was a Yam, Robertson a Hibee supposedly.

Caroline Hibby
16-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Lee Miller - Hibby

Diclonius
16-02-2010, 09:09 PM

Wasn't he a Hibby?

erin-go-bragh87
16-02-2010, 09:13 PM

Yeah this is true. Living in Inverness I see him out and about alot and have spoke to him about this a few times. He wad a hibby as a boy but I think he's a jambo now, even if he won't admit it!!

Jonnyboy
16-02-2010, 09:47 PM

Tosh, on both counts

Sloppy
16-02-2010, 09:55 PM
scott brown- rangers fan

J-C
16-02-2010, 10:03 PM

Nearly didn't sign for Celtic due to his name seemingly.

J-C
16-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Wasn't he a Hibby?

Yes he was.

J-C
16-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah this is true. Living in Inverness I see him out and about alot and have spoke to him about this a few times. He wad a hibby as a boy but I think he's a jambo now, even if he won't admit it!!

That's what I was told also, was a Hibby as a boy but his heart's in Tynnie now.

_hucks_
16-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Tosh, on both counts

Pretty sure (although you can never quite tell on t'internets) that he was being sarcastic

snooky
16-02-2010, 10:10 PM
My favourite call is that Slim Jim Baxter was a Hibby. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
16-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Pretty sure (although you can never quite tell on t'internets) that he was being sarcastic

So was I :greengrin

Riordans Boots
16-02-2010, 10:19 PM

No. He is a die hard Hibernian FC supporter :agree:

James.
16-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Nade is a fan of Hibs... or is it Ribs?

Jonnyboy
16-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Gordon Smith, Prince of Wingers and arguably the greatest ever Hibee was a Hearts fan as a boy

Greentinted
16-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Nade is a fan of Hibs... or is it Ribs?

It certainly isnae cabbage...

ian cruise
16-02-2010, 11:19 PM

as a boy robertson was a hibee but now has an alliance to jambos. apparently his boy is a hibee though. i heard him talking about it on bbc radio a while back

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Whittaker was a Jambo when he played for us, can't think of any more.

Massive, incorrect myth that Stevie is a big jambo. His family are absolutely Hearts daft, in particular his older sisters but Steven was never all that into them tbh. Never went to Tynecastle wen his old man took his sisters. Told me that he was 'getting right into hibs' and thats wen he had jst signed and had jst left our school. Waaaay before he even broke into the first team squad. Never paid all that much attention to the yams scores b4 he signed for hibs and certainly doesnt now. I have my nursery picture from wen we were both 3 yr old, im in my hibs top and hes nxt to me in his hearts top(wen his dad dressed him). Despite goin to school together for another 12 yrs I can honestly say i cant remember seeing him ever wear another hearts strip. Really frustrates me wen folk refer to him as a big hearts fan.

Lmc2105
16-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Am sure Alan Preston is a staunch Hibee is he not:devil:

Was shocked to see him give us credit last time we played at home and said he likes to watch the way we played god that must have nearly killed him!:faf:

Other than that .. Craig Thomson of hearts supports Hibs and so does Lee Wallace :agree:

IWasThere2016
17-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Afraid Smith is a jambo sean...he actually is living very close to our own HibbyAndy in penicuik.

Smith MUST have been bad in a previous life .. Jambo and Andy! Fek me - that's as lousy a hand as I've heard aboot in a long time! :greengrin

magnificent_seven
17-02-2010, 08:22 AM
On the topic of the Famous Five, Bobby Johnstone was a Hearts fan growing up.

Thecat23
17-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Kenny miller is a celtic fan :agree:

Kenny is defo not a Celtic fan mate, Kenny is a good mate of mine and his whole family are Rangers daft. Kenny wasn't to fussed when he was younger.. he watched them but wouldn't say he was a huge fan.

But defo no Celtic man. I'm going to stop texting him before Rangers games cos he always seems to score and it's staring to get on my nerves. :grr:

southfieldhibby
17-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Gordon Rae was a jambo before common sense arrived.

Leith Green
17-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Gordon Rae was a jambo before common sense arrived.

Pretty sure Rae and his old man were Huns mate ...

ShanksSaidNo
17-02-2010, 08:51 AM
He doesnt need to phisically say "im now a jambo" He was on the radio last week and was referring to us as the wee team etc etc. Colours nailed firmly to the post! Fat wee Fud.

J-C
17-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Slightly sideways here but Jamie Carragher is a huge Everyon fan and a massive Liverpool legend.

Any other players from where ever like that ?

Joe Baker II
17-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Gordon Smith (current Hearts player) is a Hibs fan, his legendary namesake was a Hearts fan I am pretty sure.

Michael Stewart and Ralph Callachan played for both clubs, I think supported Hearts and Hibs respectively.

magnificent_seven
17-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Slightly sideways here but Jamie Carragher is a huge Everyon fan and a massive Liverpool legend.

Robbie Fowler - Everton Fan
Michael Owen - Everton Fan
Steve McManaman - Everton Fan

hibbymac
17-02-2010, 09:20 AM
No. He is a die hard Hibernian FC supporter :agree:

WOOOOOSH!!!!! :fishin: :wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Pretty sure Rae and his old man were Huns mate ...

Both Adam (whom I knew well) and Gordon are Hibs fanatics, don't know where you got that from :confused:

Dr Jimmy
17-02-2010, 09:31 AM

His family were all Everton daft, his dad even ran a bus to games. Although he now supports Liverpool and has been seen wearing a Liverpool strip!!.........can you imagine changing your Derby team coz your laddie plays for them.
Sorry but would want him to do well, but change team no chance!!

mhathorn1
17-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Buzz is a definate hun. My sister went to school with him, and was always talking about him. He always wore rangers tops, and talked about them. Never a jambo. Not that a hun is any better mind you.

Neil4Hibs
17-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Robbie Fowler - Everton Fan
Michael Owen - Everton Fan
Steve McManaman - Everton Fan

Ian Rush - Everton Fan
Peter Reid - Liverpool Fan

stevenhibs
17-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Nearly didn't sign for Celtic due to his name seemingly.

Eh? Were his middle names King and William?

Neil McCann is supposedly a Celtic fan.

Another cracker is that Chris Waddle is a Sunderland fan and when he played all those years for Newcastle, he never ever played against Sunderland. He always had some mysterious injury. Apparently he had it in his contract that he would never play against Sunderland. The last bit I find hard to believe though. The rest is a fact.

Bayern Bru
17-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Apparently Rooney had a trial at Liverpool as a schoolboy but wore his Everton kit :greengrin

Pretty Boy
17-02-2010, 10:05 AM
John Robertson- Never a Hibs fan, used to got to a few games now and then but was never a big fan of either Hibs or Hearts. A total myth that has been accepted as fact as it makes a good story. His brother Chris was never a Hibs fan either and is in fact a die hard jambo.

Neil Lennon- Whilst a Celtc fan, he had several trials and meetings at Ibrox in his school days but was told in a round about way that his background was a bit of a problem.

Lee Wallace- Definitely was/is a Hibs fan.

andudare2
17-02-2010, 10:13 AM
John Robertson- Never a Hibs fan, used to got to a few games now and then but was never a big fan of either Hibs or Hearts. A total myth that has been accepted as fact as it makes a good story. His brother Chris was never a Hibs fan either and is in fact a die hard jambo.

Neil Lennon- Whilst a Celtc fan, he had several trials and meetings at Ibrox in his school days but was told in a round about way that his background was a bit of a problem.

Lee Wallace- Definitely was/is a Hibs fan. right enough about chris, however eldest brother george is hibs daft!:notworthy:

Leith Green
17-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Both Adam (whom I knew well) and Gordon are Hibs fanatics, don't know where you got that from :confused:

Pretty sure I remeber an evening news article with Gordon Rae prior to the Scottish cup replay at Ibrox March 2008, it was detailing how he played in a match late 70s early 80s at the start of his career and how his dad was a Rangers supporter and he would have followed him, but he obviously became a Hibee..

Can anyone else recall this??

Baw187
17-02-2010, 11:26 AM
His family were all Everton daft, his dad even ran a bus to games. Although he now supports Liverpool and has been seen wearing a Liverpool strip!!.........can you imagine changing your Derby team coz your laddie plays for them.
Sorry but would want him to do well, but change team no chance!!

The story that also does the rounds is that Jamie Carragher has an Everton tatoo on his arm and hence why he's always worn long sleeve tops.

Nae idea if it's true, however.

1two
17-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Celtic Captain and ex hibs player Scott Brown - Hun

Is this true? I think he's a fifer, so probably true.

Leith Green
17-02-2010, 11:40 AM
The story that also does the rounds is that Jamie Carragher has an Everton tatoo on his arm and hence why he's always worn long sleeve tops.

Nae idea if it's true, however.

According to Carragher in his autobiography the tatto story is a myth..

HibbyKeith
17-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Celtic Captain and ex hibs player Scott Brown - Hun

Is this true? I think he's a fifer, so probably true.

rumour has it he has the rangers crest tattoo on his calf, dunno how true this is though.

Baw187
17-02-2010, 11:42 AM
According to Carragher in his autobiography the tatto story is a myth..

Thought it might have been. It's not something in the day and age of mobile cameras that he would have been likely to have kept under wraps !

Leith Green
17-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Thought it might have been. It's not something in the day and age of mobile cameras that he would have been likely to have kept under wraps !

Pretty sure there is an iconic photo of Carraher celbrating their 2005 champions league win with the Liverpool fans in istanbul with his top off..

Banter
17-02-2010, 01:07 PM
I seam to recall Celtc's Craig Beattie had a honking Gers tattoo on one of his shins. Had to cover it up every game.

sam armstrong
17-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Darren Jackson was a Yam, Robertson a Hibee supposedly.

Darren didn't support any team as a boy, and not even when he joined Meadowbank Thistle. Not a yam

sam armstrong
17-02-2010, 03:17 PM

Lee Wallace- Definitely was/is a Hibs fan.

It was his other brother who was a Hibby and John's team was Hibs till he started playing for the other team.

Winston Ingram
17-02-2010, 03:32 PM

He was a Liverpool fan. His Scottish Team was Dundee United

Winston Ingram
17-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Buzz is a definate hun. My sister went to school with him, and was always talking about him. He always wore rangers tops, and talked about them. Never a jambo. Not that a hun is any better mind you.

Bloke that sits next to me at work would argue. He's been a pal of his for years and said he was a Jambo

JeMeSouviens
17-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Eh? Were his middle names King and William?

Daniel Fergus McGrain. It was the Hun who wouldn't sign him because of his name, not Celtc.

According to Wikipedia (so it must be true):

"McGrain supported Rangers (Celtic's Glasgow rivals) as a boy. He wrote two autobiographies, one when his career was at its peak and another shortly after he retired. In both, McGrain (a Protestant) told how he had been spotted by someone doing some scouting for Rangers when he was still a boy but the scout did not recommend him to Rangers, wrongly assuming from his name that he was a Catholic and that Rangers would not sign him because of this."

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Blue- Ivan was a hun before he joined us :wink:

Love all the myth's on threads like these. There's players who would appear to have supported hibs, hearts, rangers AND celtic whilst growing up!! :greengrin

Also heard the rumour about Broony having the rangers crest on his thigh which I would imagine is complete bollocks! What age was he wen he first signed for hibs?? Pretty young, cant imagine he already had a tattoo and doubt he would be daft enough to get that done whilst a hibs player? The same reason would pretty much rule out the Carragher rumour. Similarly I've heard a rumour Susan Kennedy from Neighbours is a hells angel lesbian in real life and has tattoos on her forearms and thats why she's always in long sleeves on set!ha I also dont believe that rumour. Finally on this tattoo theme, has anyone looked closely at the tattoo behind Kirk Broadfoot's lug?!? I assumed it was his initials but ive heard folk say its the RFC hun logo?! Anyone confirm or deny? Blue? I try not to look too closely at his horrible face. He looks like a horse in a huff :jamboak:

blueisthecolour
17-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Darren didn't support any team as a boy, and not even when he joined Meadowbank Thistle. Not a yam

He is spotted at ibrox a lot in with the fans in the club deck, fan of us I couldn't say.

Cropley10
17-02-2010, 05:12 PM
scott brown- rangers fan

Broon is far Hill o'Beith same as Jim Baxter, so mibees aye.

hibby al
17-02-2010, 05:59 PM
scott brown was at a player of the year dance that i was
at, my wife got talking to him whilst she was out having a fag
(brown wasn,t smoking think he was just leaving )she said he
showed her a rankers tatoo on the back of his neck
ps seen on another thread that jim baxter was a hibee

Hibs90
17-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Lee Wallace - Hibby
Craig Thomson - Hibby

since90plustwo
11-03-2010, 11:01 PM

No way is murray a jambo after what he shaved into his head at the derby, and graeme smith is a jambo, he even admitted it in the paper

hibbymac
12-03-2010, 07:19 AM
No way is murray a jambo after what he shaved into his head at the derby, and graeme smith is a jambo, he even admitted it in the paper

You really should try reading the whole thread. :tumble: :duck:

Kiwi Hibby
12-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Baxter was a Hibby I had a whole set of annuals from the 50's 60's and 70's and in one he was interviewed and he was saying he was a Hibs fan. What about Steve Bruce, Newcastle fan, Sunderland manager.

JimBHibees
12-03-2010, 09:14 AM

Hmm, not so sure about this FJK released a photo of DJ when he was playing for Hibs just before a derby which had Jackson as a Hearts mascot when he was a kid. Always thought that a completely classless thing to do but FJK is FJK.

Jackson also made some comment just after his dad died quite recently that it was appropriate that the last game they had been together was at Tynecastle.

JimBHibees
12-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Missing out on Dalglish is akin to us missing out on Robertson!

Not even in the same stratosphere as players even allowing for Robbo's penchant for putting us to the sword.

mondacabbage
12-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Gordon Rae was a jambo when at school.

MSK
12-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Gordon Rae was a jambo when at school.Then he got educated ...:wink:

tbfhibs
12-03-2010, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;2384200]Hmm, not so sure about this FJK released a photo of DJ when he was playing for Hibs just before a derby which had Jackson as a Hearts mascot when he was a kid. Always thought that a completely classless thing to do but FJK is FJK.

Jackson also made some comment just after his dad died quite recently that it was appropriate that the last game they had been together was at Tynecastle.[/QUOTE
Worked alongside Darren when we were 16 year's old told me he was a Rangers fan(seriously). However i think liked more than anyone else maybe more appropriate. Never seemed to really favour any team but was just very determined to make it as a pro.

Dr Jimmy
12-03-2010, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;2384200]Hmm, not so sure about this FJK released a photo of DJ when he was playing for Hibs just before a derby which had Jackson as a Hearts mascot when he was a kid. Always thought that a completely classless thing to do but FJK is FJK.

Jackson also made some comment just after his dad died quite recently that it was appropriate that the last game they had been together was at Tynecastle.[/QUOTE
Worked alongside Darren when we were 16 year's old told me he was a Rangers fan(seriously). However i think liked more than anyone else maybe more appropriate. Never seemed to really favour any team but was just very determined to make it as a pro.

I knew Darren when he was younger as well and he was a Rangers fan, but never went to games.

jgl07
12-03-2010, 10:27 AM
He is spotted at ibrox a lot in with the fans in the club deck, fan of us I couldn't say.
I think that Darren's dad was a Rangers fan.

Owain_1987
12-03-2010, 10:48 AM

Thomson is a hun was pals with his cousin and he said their all family were hubs. Although he also was a Hibby being here so long.

gogsy23
12-03-2010, 02:40 PM
jason thomson is a staunch jambo, never been a hibbie. stays in same street as me growing up.

buzz was a hun at high school his big bruvver was a jambo.

JimBHibees
12-03-2010, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=tbfhibs;2384280]

I knew Darren when he was younger as well and he was a Rangers fan, but never went to games.

So why would he be a Hearts mascot as a kid??

thebakerboy
12-03-2010, 04:09 PM
DJ told me at a charity do that he did not really support any team but possibly he tended toward DER HUN. Craig Thomson his dad his grandad and sister have all held Hibs season tickets at some time. His dad and sister still do and had to leave an early KO at ER to see his debut at St Johnstone I do believe.

Hibercelona
12-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Sebo was a Celtic man was he not?

Or didn't he follow everyone bar Rangers? :wink:

Haymaker
12-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Hmm, not so sure about this FJK released a photo of DJ when he was playing for Hibs just before a derby which had Jackson as a Hearts mascot when he was a kid. Always thought that a completely classless thing to do but FJK is FJK.

Jackson also made some comment just after his dad died quite recently that it was appropriate that the last game they had been together was at Tynecastle.

Someone (i cant remember his name now) who was on the bus with me to Hampden 2007 was sat next to DJ at the game.

The Baldmans Comb
12-03-2010, 05:49 PM

It's not legend as it's in KD's autobiography.:wink:

hibbie-john
12-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Pretty sure Smith isn't a Jambo. Wouldn't think so anyway after the way he wound them up in the last Derby.

craig still a hibbie//:thumbsup: l asked him want to play for hibs "i wish"

seanraff07
12-03-2010, 08:49 PM
All i know is that Lee Wallace is definitely a Hibby.:agree:

hibsway
12-03-2010, 11:22 PM

i remember darren wearing a hearts scarf then later a rangers scarf to school :confused:

Speedy
12-03-2010, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=tbfhibs;2384280]

[QUOTE=Max;2384281]

So why would he be a Hearts mascot as a kid??

Because he wasn't a real fan and was just one of these daft OF fans that say they support Rangers or Celtic but don't really care or actually watch the games...

Just a guess.

Stoke_Smart
13-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Craig Thomson looked like a Hearts man to me. He sat near me and cheered when we scored and walked up the road with us signing Hearts songs.