PDA

View Full Version : Uninspiring managerial choices.

Jack
16-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Well now that its all died down on the SPL managerial front what's happened?

Dundee Utd. Decided everyone was too expensive so Peter Houston is in on the cheap but recent results have been pretty good.

Craig Brown headed up the retirement pairing to take on Motherwell in a really really cheap deal and they are doing really well.

Hearts, ex-jambo Fat Jeff Knew in another propped up retirement plan. Not going well so far!

Kilmarnock brought in the 2 Jimmy’s and that’s probably the best thing that’s happened to Killie since they reinvented the pie!

Falkirk promoted ex-jambo Cave Man, they were doomed anyway.

3 out of the 5 are doing reasonably since they took over at their respective clubs but at the end of the day, with most only being given till the end of the season its likely only Fat Jeff Knew will be there past May, maybe.

So at the end of the day with no money and no new faces its been a bit dull I think. :rolleyes:

jacomo
16-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I was surprised that Dundee Utd appointed Houston, having spent so much effort trying to appoint other people. Yet you can't knock his results so far.

And Pa Broon going to Motherwell has been a masterstroke.

After appointing from within didn't work last time, I am surprised Falkirk have appointed Pressley, but at least he's talking the talk.

And Jefferies and Killie were bored of each other, so everything has worked out there - the two Jimmys have jobs again, and Jumbo Jim has sold his soul for a waterproof suitcase full of used roubles.

So - all in all - you'd have to say that all these clubs have made the right choices, even if not the most exciting ones. After all, "left field" appointments don't always work. :wink: