PDA

View Full Version : Your most hated spl player?

essexhibee
16-02-2010, 04:01 PM
All this talk of Kris Boyd's blatant attack on wee Zouma has got me thinking...

Who is your most hated player currently playing in the SPL?
For what reason(s) do you hate the player so much?

Those I hate the most include:

Boyd - Arrogant twat, he thinks he is a lot better than he actually is, and that stupid celebration he does when he just stands there with his fat mouth wide open.
Lafferty - Honking player, he too thinks hes the business when he really isnt, aswell as having a stupid mullet.
Stewart - Need i say more?
McGeady - THAT dive at ER near the start of the season, the way he wears hes socks really low as if he is some european star in the champions league, and the way he thinks hes worth so many more millions that he is, i just hear myself say when he has the ball i hope someone smashes him.

SO? Who is your most hated spl player .netters?

:devil:

Sylar
16-02-2010, 04:07 PM

Boyd - Arrogant twat, he thinks he is a lot better than he actually is, and that stupid celebration he does when he just stands there with his fat mouth wide open.
Lafferty - Honking player, he too thinks hes the business when he really isnt, aswell as having a stupid mullet.
McGeady - THAT dive at ER near the start of the season, the way he wears hes socks really low as if he is some european star in the champions league, and the way he thinks hes worth so many more millions that he is, i just hear myself say when he has the ball i hope someone smashes him.

What a lot of nonsense. He holds the record for the most goals scored EVER in the SPL; continues to score 20+ goals a season and has added a lot more to his game in the past 2 seasons.

If this question was asked 2 weeks ago, I doubt Boyd would even have featured.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Elias Wagner?

hibsbollah
16-02-2010, 04:12 PM
What a lot of nonsense. He holds the record for the most goals scored EVER in the SPL; continues to score 20+ goals a season and has added a lot more to his game in the past 2 seasons.

You seem to have an issue with people disliking Boyd:faf:

My top 3 is Thomson, Lafferty, Boyd.

J-C
16-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Mikey Stewart
Terry Butcher
Gary Caldwell
Artur Boruc

truehibernian
16-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Purely for his horrendous play acting with Mulgrew, Lafferty takes the award. A thoroughly dispicable player. Failing that, Mikolaunas for them............he just had a face that you would just love to punch seven bells out of each and every day.

essexhibee
16-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Mikey Stewart
Terry Butcher
Gary Caldwell
Artur Boruc

Good shout there, especially for when he celebrated in front of the east, giving it the "i cannae hear you" hand to the ear and the "shh" finger to the mouth. :grr: What a d**k.

ChicoM1875
16-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Historically: Paul Hartley
Now: Kyle Lafferty
Although a special mention has to go to Lee Millar.
The latter two have to be the biggest cheats in the history of the SPL.

LamontHFC©
16-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Kenny Miller has to be up there for me for some reason.

Simply down to the fact that I just hate seeing him score, giving all the unbelievably easy chances he has missed for Scotland in big games.

How can he score goals, some decent ones too, for the ****my huns but turns into the biggest bottle merchant knows to man when he pulls on the proud Scotland jersey?

Oh, and that fact that he always seems to take so much joy from scoring against us, which he always seems to do.

Twat.

Leith Green
16-02-2010, 04:44 PM

David Van Zanten ....

lapsedhibee
16-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Larsson - scored tons of goals for one OF cheek, universally respected and admired.
Boyd - scored tons of goals for the other OF cheek, universally - apart from you - loathed and despised.
Has added Mars Bars, diving and elbow-slapping to his game.

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Right now just Boyd! :asshole:

hibbymark
16-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Ian Black

Kris Boyd

Aiden Mcgeady

Artur Boric

cant even spell his surname but the twat that Darren McCormack nutted at the last derby...

Taz_hibee
16-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Kevin Thomson by a country mile, wee **** moaning his erse of about us while still playing for us and wearing captains armband :grr::grr::grr:

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Larsson - scored tons of goals for one OF cheek, universally respected and admired.
Boyd - scored tons of goals for the other OF cheek, universally - apart from you - loathed and despised.

thats cos we're celtic sympethisers :wink:

HibbyKeith
16-02-2010, 05:05 PM
top 5

1. Kevin Thomson. no explanation needed.

2. Kevin Thomson. no explanation needed.

3. Kevin Thomson. no explanation needed.

4. Kevin Thomson. no explanation needed.

5. Kevin Thomson. no explanation needed.

blackhibee
16-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Lafferty definitely, for the Mulgrew incident, amongst other things, McGregor for getting Stokes booked in the first game at Ibrox (1 of the worst decisions I've ever seen), Caldwell just cos he's a knobend, and the whole Aberdeen team.

essexhibee
16-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Boyds record angers me, the fact he has more goals than larsson is so misleading. Larsson was TWICE the player Body will ever be, he played in a better spl, and was so much more classy than boyd.

I dont think you will see Boyd go on to play for Manchester Utd, win a champions league final (he played a pivitol role in beating arsenal 2006) , and play for Barcelona. It angers me, boyd isnt a patch on larsson, how many goals has he scored in old firm games? Nope, just tap-ins against falkirk etc

bornahibby
16-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Lafferty. He has one of those arrogant hun faces you would never tire of hitting. Same with Miller, Boyd, McCulloch, Novo, Thompson, McGregor, Fergushun, Adam etc etc etc. But Lafferty really has that hun face down to a tee.

Jim44
16-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Going back a few years I detested Dave Bowman with a passion. He was the nastiest, most unpleasant and most ill-tempered footballer of his time. In the present day, Boyd takes some beating.

James Connolly
16-02-2010, 05:20 PM
The vile being that is Kevin Thompson!!!:grr::grr::grr:

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Boyds record angers me, the fact he has more goals than larsson is so misleading. Larsson was TWICE the player Body will ever be, he played in a better spl, and was so much more classy than boyd.

I dont think you will see Boyd go on to play for Manchester Utd, win a champions league final (he played a pivitol role in beating arsenal 2006) , and play for Barcelona. It angers me, boyd isnt a patch on larsson, how many goals has he scored in old firm games? Nope, just tap-ins against falkirk etc
Agree:top marks
Larrson was class and boyd is just a idiot who will never make it in prem.

As for who i hate the most it has to be thomson or caldwell.
They never deserved the armband and had no respect for it when they had it.

And alos they left hibs for money.

Saorsa
16-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Lafferty
Thomshun
Boyd
the Ginger tosser fae slimecastle
McGeady

creebo1875
16-02-2010, 05:22 PM
I Seem to hate Mcgeady more than any other for some reason. I hate the way his hands turn back on themselves when he runs, i hate the way he moans when its not going his way, i hate the stupid look on his face, his poxy haircut.The fact that as if by some devine right he should always get things his own way

blueisthecolour
16-02-2010, 05:23 PM

He has not been good this year, but he did change the game on sunday imo, hopefully he gets a bit of confidence and he could be a decent player.

Saorsa
16-02-2010, 05:26 PM
He has not been good this year, but he did change the game on sunday imo, hopefully he gets a bit of confidence and he could be a decent player.Hopefully he'll get banjoed

blueisthecolour
16-02-2010, 05:27 PM

No matter what you think of him as a player, the guy can score goals, he isn't the best player in the world but he has added to his game this year, but his game is goals, much like super Ally, don't forget he didn't just score for rangers, he was top goalscorer with Killie to, not many players can claim to be top goal scorer for two different teams in one season.

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-02-2010, 05:32 PM
No matter what you think of him as a player, the guy can score goals, he isn't the best player in the world but he has added to his game this year, but his game is goals, much like super Ally, don't forget he didn't just score for rangers, he was top goalscorer with Killie to, not many players can claim to be top goal scorer for two different teams in one season.I'm sure he'll get plenty more as well with the diving antics of Kenny Miller!

magnificent_seven
16-02-2010, 05:34 PM
No matter what you think of him as a player, the guy can score goals, he isn't the best player in the world but he has added to his game this year, but his game is goals, much like super Ally, don't forget he didn't just score for rangers, he was top goalscorer with Killie to, not many players can claim to be top goal scorer for two different teams in one season.

Would you say he was on a par with Henrik Larsson?

hibbymark
16-02-2010, 05:34 PM

How come that coupon of his gets even more angry when he scores? Another one who turned his back on his country. Horrible horrible mess of a man.

jgl07
16-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Judging by the comments on this site, I would guess that John Rankin just edges Chris Hogg out of top place!

greenlex
16-02-2010, 05:42 PM
By a country mile it has to be Craig Bellamy. Up here creating havoc with snide comments whilst raping Scottish football (OK it was Celtics money but in the bigger picture) for thousands a week. Baw Baggery at its best.

hibsbollah
16-02-2010, 05:44 PM
By a country mile it has to be Craig Bellamy. Up here creating havoc with snide comments whilst raping Scottish football (OK it was Celtics money but in the bigger picture) for thousands a week. Baw Baggery at its best.

See, I quite like Bellamy:devil:
Its takes all sorts etc...

NOLA
16-02-2010, 05:47 PM
can't stomach Novo, horrible wee reptile! Laugherty, cheating Bassa! Zaliukis also takes some beating, Pric!

Diclonius
16-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Kevin Thomson.

Dunbar Hibee
16-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Mikey Stewart
Katie
Ian Black

Also hate McGeady, McGregor and Boyd.

blueisthecolour
16-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Would you say he was on a par with Henrik Larsson?

For scoring goals without a doubt.

For a football player there is no comparison, and I doubt any rangers fan would argue that.

monktonharp
16-02-2010, 06:04 PM
He has not been good this year, but he did change the game on sunday imo, hopefully he gets a bit of confidence and he could be a decent player.one or two of your mob CHANGED the game,abley assisted by the ref:wink:

Hainan Hibs
16-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Lee McCulloch.

Doesn't mind dishing out nasty tackles but when someone faintly touches him he goes down like he has been shot 13 times.

Believes that the national team and the tartan army should be begging him back but never turns down an opportunity to tell everyone how he doesn't want to play for Scotland.

Grade A erse who I cannot stand.

Owain_1987
16-02-2010, 06:11 PM

I would say those three then Zander Diamond.

MacBean
16-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Can't believe hes not been mentioned....
Nacho *****in Novo:grr::grr:

joe breezy
16-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Boyd, looks like a Hun, acts like a Hun

joe breezy
16-02-2010, 06:21 PM

Er no. A Celtic fan at work asked me my most hated SPL player 2 months ago.

I said Boyd he even looks like a Hun...

Can't believe any Hibs fan would like him just because he's scored goals. A ned fae Ayrshire who doesn't come close to the likes of Larsson

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
16-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Any of this charming bunch:

Boyd - thug and cheat:grr:
Thomson - thug and cheat:grr:
Novo - thug and cheat:grr:
McCulloch - thug:grr:
Miller - cheat:grr:
Laffery - cheat:grr:
Weir - cheat:grr:
Fleck - baby thug:grr:
McGregor - thug and beast :grr:

McMoist - fat little cheat
Walt - thug and cheat master
:agree:

brydekirk
16-02-2010, 07:18 PM
boyd,lafferty and magregor make me ****in kring.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Every hun on this planet.

I'm_cabbaged
16-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Am I on the wrong site?

Nobody's mentioned Rankin or Nish yet. :rolleyes:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
16-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Am I on the wrong site?

Nobody's mentioned Rankin or Nish yet. :rolleyes:

I was saving them for the hills. :greengrin

Barney McGrew
16-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Although he's not playing any more, Gary Locke.

Horrible, horrible yam *******

Bayern Bru
16-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Historically, Neil Lennon. No question, I ******ing hated that tosser with a fiery passion. Still do, actually...

Of the current bunch, I've got a strong disliking for Mikey Stewart.

Sylar
16-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Er no. A Celtic fan at work asked me my most hated SPL player 2 months ago.

I said Boyd he even looks like a Hun...

Can't believe any Hibs fan would like him just because he's scored goals. A ned fae Ayrshire who doesn't come close to the likes of Larsson

Where did I say I liked him? I respect his goalscoring ability, no question but where have I said "I like him"?

Serious question (and try answering without the green goggles) - would you take Boyd, the top goalscoring player of all time in the SPL, at Easter Road? IMO, anyone who says "no" is in an equal state of delusion to many of our hombres across the road.

The following is not aimed exclusively at you, though I do include your post:

This "because he looks/acts like a hun" pish really gets my goat for 2 reasons -

1) It's a rediculously infantile approach to a discussion.

2) The suggestion that somehow "hun" is acceptable/relevant to today's footballing world - ironically, it's probably the same people who use it, as lambast Rangers fans for singing all the fe***n b******s under the sun.

heidtheba
16-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Lafferty, McCulloch, Black and Suso

From the past? Charlie Miller, Ian Ferguson, Gary Mackay and Gary Locke
Nicky Walker (hertz goalie) and Neil Berry

Devonhibs
16-02-2010, 08:21 PM
For the older/mature Hibby's - I think he was called John McDonald, played for the huns in the late 70's early 80's. Always diving:grr::grr::grr: and makes Lee Miller look like an angel.

Craig Bellamy - utter piece of vermin

hibsbollah
16-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Where did I say I liked him? I respect his goalscoring ability, no question but where have I said "I like him"?

Serious question (and try answering without the green goggles) - would you take Boyd, the top goalscoring player of all time in the SPL, at Easter Road? IMO, anyone who says "no" is in an equal state of delusion to many of our hombres across the road.

This "because he looks/acts like a hun" pish really gets my goat for 2 reasons -

2) The suggestion that somehow "hun" is acceptable/relevant to today's footballing world - ironically, it's probably the same people who use it, as lambast Rangers fans for singing all the fe***n b******s under the sun.

You obviously don't have a problem with him, but reading this and the other thread its obvious that you're in the minority. And 'because he looks acts like a hun' is a perfectly reasonable reason in my book:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
16-02-2010, 08:27 PM
You obviously don't have a problem with him, but reading this and the other thread its obvious that you're in the minority. And 'because he looks acts like a hun' is a perfectly reasonable reason in my book:greengrin

:agree:

Some people do have a right hun look about them.

FranckSuzy
16-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Velicka :grr:
McManus (Celtic)
that wee diver, Mikoliunas

Not technically SPL players but fuds all the same:

Kenny Black
Neil Berry
Wayne Foster

killie-hibby
16-02-2010, 08:50 PM
For the older/mature Hibby's - I think he was called John McDonald, played for the huns in the late 70's early 80's. Always diving:grr::grr::grr: and makes Lee Miller look like an angel.

Craig Bellamy - utter piece of vermin

For the much more older/mature I nominate Sammy Baird and Willie Toner up to the day they signed for Hibs..

proud_and_green
16-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Judging by the comments on this site, I would guess that John Rankin just edges Chris Hogg out of top place!

Disagree,surely Nishy will be up there?

West Upper
16-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Miller
Thomson
Laffery
Boyd
Mikey Stewart

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Ian Black--yams

The classic niggling dirty bad tempered arrogant wee yam fud if ever there was one, for older guys think Kenny Black

Katy Thomson--huns

Grow up ya wee lassies blouse, a greetin faced hun that'll be on his bike soon if he gets injured again (and he will!)

Kris Boyd--huns

As much as I voted for him to get back into the Scotland team he epitomises what being a hun is all about, his gesture to the Hibs fans after he scored at Ipox was as if to say shut up, he wasn't laughing at the final whistle that day, a top prize hun bassa :dummytit:

TRC
16-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Novo for me hate the way he thinks he is mr hun supreme arrogant me sh***

Hibs On Tour
16-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Just now?

Katie - for putting us down every chance he gets the classless wee ****
Lafferty - for diving like a pussy every chance he gets
[just gone] Caldwell - hard pushed to find a bigger fandan if you tried

Historically?

Wayne ****ing Foster - no explanation needed
Zibi/Si Brown - like I need to explain that one!
Neil Simpson - worst tackle I have ever seen watching football

Nowt much to do with teams etc - just more who were classless ****s or who thought they were the bees but were really pish...

Cabbage East
16-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Boyd/Lafferty.

Prof. Shaggy
16-02-2010, 10:31 PM

Others may consider it to be a fundamentally racist reason.

Riordans Boots
16-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Between Fatty Boyd and THE penalty scorer Stewart.

Stantons Angel
16-02-2010, 10:48 PM
HAS to be BOYD!!!!!!

He is the most arrogant player around at the moment, his bullying of wee Zemmama was so pathetic and to say its a mans game and the wee man should stop moaning is absolutely disgusting.

He deliberately hooked him in the throat with his elbow, trying to intimidate him. He may be the countrys top scorer but the guys an absolute IDIOT!

Zemmama has more class and poise in his wee feet than he has in his vastly hideous body!

Honestly he makes my blood boil!!!!

BUT he is nowhere near the level of John Greig tho................
No 1 on my hate list!!!!!!

HibeeUnderwood
16-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Hard to pick one, but I'm going to go with Lafferty

Dirty cheating git! :grr:

Earl o'Montrose
16-02-2010, 11:21 PM

:faf: And there was me thinking that I was the only one who got totally f***** wound up by that! Boyd = A Richard Cranium of the highest order.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-02-2010, 11:25 PM

But that is clearly never gonna happen so therefore we can HATE the vile, fat, ugly, balding, beer belly, drug taking, sexually frustrated looking, angry, cheating bell-end.

PatHead
16-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Boyd, infact anyone in a Rangers jersey,
M Stewart
Can I include Pressley even though he is now a manager

It is amazing how few Hertz "players" there are on this thread

Jonnyboy
16-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Boyd, infact anyone in a Rangers jersey,
M Stewart
Can I include Pressley even though he is now a manager

It is amazing how few Hertz "players" there are on this thread

None of them are good enough to hate :greengrin

Mikey_1875
16-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Every single rangers player. The most probably being nacho novo, the filthiest hun there is. Outside of Rangers then Suso.

borders.cabbage
16-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Pretty much all the Huns, although Boyd and Katie even more so. The Young brothers at Aberdeen also used to annoy me greatly.

blaikie
17-02-2010, 12:33 AM

If Stephen Dobbie was given the same chance Boyd got, He would have topped the record years ago with 10 times as much style :agree:

Lmc2105
17-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Zander ******ing Diamond for me hate the guy with a passion :agree:

faffkid
17-02-2010, 12:58 AM
I dont think you will see Boyd go on to play for Manchester Utd, win a champions league final (he played a pivitol role in beating arsenal 2006) , and play for Barcelona. It angers me, boyd isnt a patch on larsson, how many goals has he scored in old firm games? Nope, just tap-ins against falkirk etc[/QUOTE]

:top marks

Never liked the bawbag

Cameron1875
17-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Darren dods, lee wilkie, andy webster.

3 players that kick the S**t out of people, fly elbows about. They then have a look on their face as if they have done nothing wrong and the hibs players are cheating.:grr:

hibsbollah
17-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Others may consider it to be a fundamentally racist reason.

:confused: Well 'others' are wrong. (unless you've had any complaints of 'racism' from the descendents of the inhabitants of Central Europe in circa 500AD).

CmoantheHibs
17-02-2010, 07:49 AM
boyd and mcgregor for me.In the past I hated souness passionately.As for calling huns, a hun, I dont see it as being racist.Its just develloped into a name everyone knows them as.I dont take offence at people calling me a hobo.I find it amusing.Seems to me thats the best way to handle these things rather than be too sensitive about them.

hibsbollah
17-02-2010, 08:34 AM
.As for calling huns, a hun, I dont see it as being racist.

Its also just nonsense. 'Huns' describes the tribes of Central Europe of c 500AD and was used to describe the Germans in WW1 by the British, and the Soviets in WW2. theres nothing 'racist' or sectarian' about it.

Rangers got described as 'huns' because of their behavioural similarities:greengrin; "a savage race, which dwelt at first in the swamps,--a stunted, foul and puny tribe, scarcely human, and having no language save one which bore but slight resemblance to human speech.:agree:

Sylar
17-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Its also just nonsense. 'Huns' describes the tribes of Central Europe of c 500AD and was used to describe the Germans in WW1 by the British, and the Soviets in WW2. theres nothing 'racist' or sectarian' about it.

Rangers got described as 'huns' because of their behavioural similarities:greengrin; "a savage race, which dwelt at first in the swamps,--a stunted, foul and puny tribe, scarcely human, and having no language save one which bore but slight resemblance to human speech.:agree:

Nil-by-Mouth would disagree:

Both the club and its fans are disparagingly nicknamed Huns by some fans of other teams. The anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth also considers "Huns" to be a sectarian insult. In 2008, a Celtic fan was convicted of a religiously aggravated breach of the peace for wearing a t-shirt with the slogan "dirty horrible huns".

Having gone to a couple of games at Ibrox with my fiance (who is a Rangers fan) and having had Celtc fans roaring all the "hun *****" in our faces on our way out of the stadium at the last OF game, it certainly doesn't feel like it's purely "behavioural".

JoeT
17-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Don't see the fascination with the hatred towards Lafferty, he's pish and not worth bothering about

lapsedhibee
17-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Having gone to a couple of games at Ibrox with my fiance (who is a Rangers fan) and having had Celtc fans roaring all the "hun *****" in our faces on our way out of the stadium at the last OF game, it certainly doesn't feel like it's purely "behavioural".

At last, a credible explanation for your Boydyphilia.

Sylar
17-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Aye, right enough - that must be the reason :rolleyes:

J-C
17-02-2010, 09:56 AM
The word "Hun" like so many others nowadays has been taken out of context and is now deemed to mean something else, on this occasion a sectarian name calling, it's the PC brigade gone mad again.

Hibernia Na Eir
17-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Boyd (always have - for that stupid frown he uses for the cameras when he scores)

Lafferty - a born cheat.

M Stewart - a tosser of high proportions.

Ian Black - why did they sign this useless cock-eyed moron? Mr Hatchet.

Nacho Novo - another great SPL tosser. A grunt.

Holmesdale Hibs
17-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Stylian (sp?) Petrov- used to moan, dive and cheat more than anyone else I can remember. Good player but a fud.

boomtownhibby
17-02-2010, 11:48 AM
lee wallace ?

Bad Martini
17-02-2010, 01:20 PM
...Rangers got described as 'huns' because of their behavioural similarities:greengrin; "a savage race, which dwelt at first in the swamps,--a stunted, foul and puny tribe, scarcely human, and having no language save one which bore but slight resemblance to human speech.:agree:

:greengrin ... indeed, that's spot on.

As for the list of players on the list;

Kevin Thomson
Michael Stewart

...pair of bawbags of the highest order...neither have shown us any respect and both caused lots of bother for us BEFORE they left (arguably more bother than since they've left). Both have an over-inflated opinion of themselves and I would be delighted to see both moved on to lower-leagues Churches Divison, nae nets, kick aboot...etc.:agree:

gstarbry1875
17-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Danny Grainger

hibsbollah
17-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Nil-by-Mouth would disagree:

Both the club and its fans are disparagingly nicknamed Huns by some fans of other teams. The anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth also considers "Huns" to be a sectarian insult.

I cant find anything on the NBM website saying that explicitly, although, as so often with words, i suppose it depends on the context its used in. Etymologically speaking, its not racist or sectarian. If NBM says it is, I suspect its probably due to them wanting to seem 'even handed' with both 'sides'.

Sorry about the hijacking BTW...

MountcastleHibs
17-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Boyd
M Stewart
McCulloch
Mark Kerr

Cocaine&Caviar
27-02-2010, 06:55 PM
I'd like to add Liam Craig, St Johnstone number 10 to this thread.