PDA

View Full Version : NHC A bad taste in the mouth....

Jim44
16-02-2010, 12:40 PM
If, as is almost certain, Levein selects Boyd, Ferguson, MacGregor and McCulloch to play a major role in his team, how will you react?

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I think McGregor should be in and Ferguson as well - if he's still seen as the best we have. Those 2 were asked to leave not the otehr way around.

McCulloch and Boyd chose to walk so they can stay in the house.

Golden Bear
16-02-2010, 01:07 PM
The Crab should not be allowed back under any circumstance - his continuing indifference is proof that he's not committed to the national team.

As for the rest - then up until Sunday I would have accepted them back :devil:

--------
16-02-2010, 01:11 PM
If, as is almost certain, Levein selects Boyd, Ferguson, MacGregor and McCulloch to play a major role in his team, how will you react?

Option 3 - I can't really find it in me to cheer on a Huns Select.

IWasThere2016
16-02-2010, 01:14 PM
I think McGregor should be in and Ferguson as well - if he's still seen as the best we have. Those 2 were asked to leave not the otehr way around.

I agree D .. but given this job is a stepping-stone for Levein, he'll do otherwise IMHO

Westie1875
16-02-2010, 01:24 PM

Agreed.

McCulloch didn't even have the guts to state the real reason he left as Burley, did he not make up some other excuse about his age and wanting to prolong his career?

basehibby
16-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I think Levein should be allowed to select whoever he likes out of the players available in order to build the best possible team to challenge for the next major finals - so I'll give him his chance and support SCOTLAND unreservedly whoever he selects to wear the jerseys.

I emphasise the word Scotland because that's who I'm supporting - NOT the overpaid, over-inflated egos who occupy some of the jerseys. I'm happy enough for Levein to pick who he wants but Boyd, Fergushun and co have a MASSIVE debt to repay the tartan army IMO - if they're prepared to repay that debt by giving their all for the jersey then I'll be prepared to let bygones be bygones.

Where I'd draw the line is that the Crab should never be considered for the captains armband ever again - he's made a joke of that position already and his re-instatement to the captaincy would rightly cause uproar IMO.

zlatan
16-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I really hope Levein will be the one who finally ditches all the tried and tested old failures and goes with the young prospects for a campaign.

Out that lot I'd have Boyd and McGregor back, the other 2 have had their day.

PeeJay
16-02-2010, 01:35 PM

I think there are enough young players in Scotland who could do a better job than these guys. Ferguson is entirely surplus to requirements as far as Scotland goes, surely? He had his opportunity and brought nothing to the team effort: I wouldn't pick him. Boyd turned down an opportunity to be involved with the Scotland team, I canot fathom how anyone (Levein!!! :grr:) can imagine he is of the (as Yogi woudl say) right mind, spirit and attitude for a new era in Scottish football.

If Ferguson is the "best we have" then we've no chance of achieving anything anyway, so we might as well go completely for a brand new start with youngsters or debutants.

Leith Green
16-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Couldnt give a monkeys either way ... None of those players or Scotland football team as a whole matter too greatly to me..

Exiled Hibby
16-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I think Levein should be allowed to select whoever he likes out of the players available in order to build the best possible team to challenge for the next major finals - so I'll give him his chance and support SCOTLAND unreservedly whoever he selects to wear the jerseys.

I emphasise the word Scotland because that's who I'm supporting - NOT the overpaid, over-inflated egos who occupy some of the jerseys. I'm happy enough for Levein to pick who he wants but Boyd, Fergushun and co have a MASSIVE debt to repay the tartan army IMO - if they're prepared to repay that debt by giving their all for the jersey then I'll be prepared to let bygones be bygones.

Where I'd draw the line is that the Crab should never be considered for the captains armband ever again - he's made a joke of that position already and his re-instatement to the captaincy would rightly cause uproar IMO.

Couldnt agree more. I am a hibby AND a Scotland fan, so club loyalties go out the window (other than pride when we have a hibby in the team) when the national team plays.
Having said that however, I would always pick the best players and in my opinion Gordon is better than McGregor, Ferguson is not our best midfielder although he should be in squad, and McCulloch should not be picked. I would concede Boyd is our best striker at the moment so should be picked. - so pick KB, put BF and AM on the bench (where they can wave to photographers) and leave LM at home.

duncs
16-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm willing to accept all four of them back into the fold. On one condition: they are separately issue apologies themselves (but through their agents or in the Crab's case ma big brother) to the supporters of Scotland.

These four clowns think they are bigger than the country, but if they display some humility (though I can't see it happening) then I'd be more than willing to support them. But if they are welcomed back into the fold with nothing said, the SFA won't be receiving any money from me at Hampden that's for sure.

To paraphrase the late great amateur golfer Bob Jones, it's not just not enough to play by the rules, you have to play by the etiquette otherwise it's not worth a damn.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I dont want any of them back, picking any one of them is another nail in the coffin regarding my support for the national team, not that my support matters at all, but there are others i'd imagine who feel similar. If players can pick and choose when they want to play, i reserve the right to support when i like.

500miles
16-02-2010, 03:57 PM
I'd rather see Boyd in a leg cast that a Scotland shirt. I'm not saying i would actively wish it on him, but i would feel gutted about that fat, self-serving, ugly hun playing for my country, whereas I would only be able to squeeze out a tiny bit of symapthy for Boyd if he were to have his career ended.

If Ferguson or McCulloch honestly don't think that it would be best for them to continue into thier 30's, I have no issue with that. McGregor is 2nd choice, and not far ahead of Alexander IMO.

euro Hibby
16-02-2010, 04:03 PM
had their chance , blew it so need to move on and pick other players

jdships
16-02-2010, 04:11 PM
had their chance , blew it so need to move on and pick other players

Spot on :thumbsup:
The team is bigger than the individual surely ?
They chose to stick two fingers up/walkaway so let's just move on

:bye:

monktonharp
16-02-2010, 04:53 PM
I really hope Levein will be the one who finally ditches all the tried and tested old failures and goes with the young prospects for a campaign.

Out that lot I'd have Boyd and McGregor back, the other 2 have had their day.THE FOREMENTIONED 4,have all spat the dummy oot,f/ed it up,laughed in the face of a nation...........call it what you want but fortunately for them they are part of the establishment,that purports to RUN Scottish fitba'. for that reason,if any of them play for the National team again under Levein ,I hope he goes down in flames.

bornahibby
16-02-2010, 05:03 PM
I will still support the team, but am totally pissed off that McGregor and Fergushun were ever allowed back. As far as I am concerned they were sticking their fingers up at the whole of Scotland that day and made the country a global laughing stock.

That they are being welcomed back with open arms as if it was THEM who have been wronged, to take the place of guys who would run through walls for the jersey is just the latest in a long line of SFA fluck ups.

Earl o'Montrose
16-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I'd rather see Boyd in a leg cast that a Scotland shirt. I'm not saying i would actively wish it on him, but i would feel gutted about that fat, self-serving, ugly hun playing for my country, whereas I would only be able to squeeze out a tiny bit of symapthy for Boyd if he were to have his career ended.

If Ferguson or McCulloch honestly don't think that it would be best for them to continue into thier 30's, I have no issue with that. McGregor is 2nd choice, and not far ahead of Alexander IMO.

:agree: What he said. Apart from the fact that I wouldn't be able to find any amount of sympathy from anywhere.

lapsedhibee
16-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm willing to accept all four of them back into the fold. On one condition: they are separately issue apologies themselves (but through their agents or in the Crab's case ma big brother) to the supporters of Scotland.

These four clowns think they are bigger than the country, but if they display some humility (though I can't see it happening) then I'd be more than willing to support them. But if they are welcomed back into the fold with nothing said, the SFA won't be receiving any money from me at Hampden that's for sure.

To paraphrase the late great amateur golfer Bob Jones, it's not just not enough to play by the rules, you have to play by the etiquette otherwise it's not worth a damn.

Boyd and etiquette. The mind boggles. :wink:

A 'man' for whom the phrase Fat, Slavering Hun could have been invented.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-02-2010, 11:44 PM
:grr: Don't want any of them near the Scotland team again!! 4 horrible individuals who typify the word 'hun'. Only one of them 'Boyd' would make any sort of positive difference to the team and quite frankly I would rather play with 10 men than include that cretin.

jgl07
16-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Couldn't give a sh*t.

poolman
17-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Couldn't give a sh*t.

:agree: I'd watch an old film on TCM when they were on telly

Rory89
17-02-2010, 03:54 AM
I agree with all those who say they should never be forgiven, I'll explain why when I'm back from that thread with everyone saying how much they love Ian Murray.

Seriously though I couldn't give a toss as my interest in the national team has been decreasing for about a year now.

Steve20
17-02-2010, 04:37 AM
I have no interest in the Scotland football team but anyone who does, should want Boyd and Ferguson back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwilliamson85
17-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Boyd had good reasons to walk out. He was scoring goals at club level and when Scotland needed a goal he got looked over.

McCulloch - Past it anyways and should not get a game in front of anyone else who plays CM. Brown D.fletcher (first choice CM pairing IMO)

McGregor - between him and Gordon 2 great keepers and why bite your nose off to spite your face.

Ferguson - Should never be allowed to put on a Scotland jersey again. Over rated and also the same reason as McCulloch would not get a game.

3/4 is not bad.

Steve-O
17-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Will support Scotland still but I never feel like I have to cheer on individuals within the team, unless I actually like the player and choose to.

Bad Martini
17-02-2010, 12:10 PM
If I managed to find it in my heart to follow Scotland with the most odious and sneaky huns in charge, I will find it in my heart again to ignore the personell for the greater good.

However, if asked I'd tell Ferguson and McGregor to **** right off ... Boyd was messed aboot by that pisshead and I have no interest in McCulloch who is sheite anyway.

For me, it is NOT a difficult task to put out the best team and attain national agreement, all things being equal IF:

1) You look around Scotland/England/wherever for Scottish players...
2) You find the BEST 11 at THAT TIME who are all playing well...
3) You take 11 of them and play them in the SAME position, REGARDLESS of which club they play at and their personalities etc - all you need to do is shape 11 players.
4) There are 5.5 MILLION people in Scotland...agreed, some will not be able to play and there will be Scots living outside Scotland but surely with THAT many people we can put out 11 players who are PLAYING, IN POSITION???

...the rest is down to the players who should have the national pride and balls to take care of the rest.

Simples???

ENDOF