PDA

View Full Version : Boyd: "Stop moaning Zemmama"

McHibby
16-02-2010, 12:05 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2854930/Shut-it.html

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2854995/Zemmama-hit-the-deck-as-if-hed-been-shot.html

Apparently getting elbowed in the face is just what happens in football. I'd like to see his reaction if an elbow just happens to "accidently" connect with his coopin the next time they're at Easter Road. It certainly couldn't make him any uglier that's for sure :jamboak:

Toaods
16-02-2010, 12:09 AM
said it on the match thread....hope he plays against Celtic and Loovens bursts him wide open.

don't think I've disliked anyone so much as him (including Jambos) - and it's not anything to do with his goals because Larsson was the consumate professional on and off the park unlike that snorter.

Nando™
16-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Hahahahahaha.

If it was an accident then it would appear to be an accident :rolleyes:

truehibernian
16-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Have to say (and yes, the elbow was worthy of a red on another day), I hate seeing Hibs players go down like they have been shot. It is a mans game as Boyd says, and to be honest, Zemmama and Benji have been quite embarrassing at times in their Hibs careers when it comes to milking a challenge. I'd like to see us stand up to these challenges and have a bit of toughness throughout the side. Yogi is right when he says we are a soft team. Boyd is still a tool though :agree:

SRHibs
16-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Have to say (and yes, the elbow was worthy of a red on another day), I hate seeing Hibs players go down like they have been shot. It is a mans game as Boyd says, and to be honest, Zemmama and Benji have been quite embarrassing at times in their Hibs careers when it comes to milking a challenge. I'd like to see us stand up to these challenges and have a bit of toughness throughout the side. Yogi is right when he says we are a soft team. Boyd is still a tool though :agree:

It was an shoulder/elbow right in the face. Didn't look like he went down that easily to me tbh. I think it's pretty clear that someone of Zemmama's size isn't really going to be all that tough.
Also, they've got a cheek going on about milking challenges when that **** Miller manages to hit the deck without any contact whatsoever tbh.

matty_f
16-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Zouma's hardly been going on and on about it, he got asked the question after the game and gave an answer. Boyd makes it sound like Zemmama's been phoning round the papers and that trying to get someone to listen.

It'll be interesting to see just how well Boyd does take it next time someone goes through him, or gives him a sly elbow in the pus.

truehibernian
16-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Not saying others don't do the same bud, indeed, Miller is getting a reputation for it too (and Novo, Thomson, Boyd). Miller for Aberdeen was the worst. I just think that if you stand up to these challenges and get on with the game, you win a psychological battle with other teams. Hibs have not had a hard edge since McLeish was in charge and we had Laursen, Jack, O'Neill, Mixu and Sauzee (who could fairly let an opponent know he was about too)

matty_f
16-02-2010, 12:17 AM
It was an shoulder/elbow right in the face. Didn't look like he went down that easily to me tbh. I think it's pretty clear that someone of Zemmama's size isn't really going to be all that tough.
Also, they've got a cheek going on about milking challenges when that **** Miller manages to hit the deck without any contact whatsoever tbh.

:top marks

Calvin
16-02-2010, 12:19 AM
For a start, it is sore to get an elbow in your face! If you get a kick in the ankle and go down and hold it, no-one bats an eyelid.

Secondly, how many times have we said that we could have got a decision if a player went down? A few at least over the past couple of seasons. If you get an elbow in the face, you are more than entitled to make it clear to the referee what has happened. I know Yogi is not at all keen on that kind of thing but this world is not an ideology, you have to be competitive.

Ari Gold
16-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Boyds a lovely lad eh...

I hope he gets flattened at park heed.

truehibernian
16-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Do you think Zemmama's performance dipped when he continually got booed and jeered by the Ibrox hoardes after half time ? I thought he looked for the ball less second half and rushed his passes as a result. Not saying at all that he shouldn't go down if injured, but to me, honestly, I thought he milked the challenge (or elbow). Ref and linesman missed a red card offence though and interesting to hear the silence from Gordon Smith or the SPL on the issue.

Pete
16-02-2010, 12:23 AM
said it on the match thread....hope he plays against Celtic and Loovens bursts him wide open.

don't think I've disliked anyone so much as him (including Jambos) - and it's not anything to do with his goals because Larsson was the consumate professional on and off the park unlike that snorter.

I can't remember Larsson ever doing anything like that. He had no need to.

Whatever anyone says that was a sneaky elbow to the face...and deserved to be highlighted due to it's sneakiness! That was a cowards elbow...they knew he was one of the main threats and they, as a team were trying to get to him!

It was 3-0 but I still feel cheated in a way. I know the gers defence played well but I felt the progression from one to two nill wasn't justified.

I'll be happy if we get any of the OF in a semi or final. The crowd will be split and hopefully the ref will be impartial. Deep down they are pish and we can beat them if we play above average.

Speedy
16-02-2010, 12:33 AM

:agree:

I'd like to see him try it with Bamba or McCormack :greengrin

bigstu
16-02-2010, 12:36 AM
murrays gonna get you murrays gonna get you. Come on ian smash him next time he comes to ER

Nando™
16-02-2010, 12:36 AM
]Do you think Zemmama's performance dipped when he continually got booed and jeered by the Ibrox hoardes[/B] after half time ? I thought he looked for the ball less second half and rushed his passes as a result. Not saying at all that he shouldn't go down if injured, but to me, honestly, I thought he milked the challenge (or elbow). Ref and linesman missed a red card offence though and interesting to hear the silence from Gordon Smith or the SPL on the issue.
Hahahaha

Of course Merouane got booed. He was the best player on the pitch.

Toaods
16-02-2010, 12:38 AM

I'd like to see him try it with Bamba or McCormack :greengrin

au contraire....I'd like to see Big Sol hit him like a no26 going along London Road(with or without Jordi Cruyff on board)

truehibernian
16-02-2010, 12:51 AM
To be honest, Murray is the man you want to hammer him, purely down to the fact that Nid puts in challenges that not only half a player, but are fair :agree:

poolman
16-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Fek him, It was a deliberate elbow into Zoomas face, quite easily seen by one of the camera angles

Fat-arsed Hun git, I ***** hate him :grr:

Haymaker
16-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Going down easily to get a pen/freekick is part of todays game. FACT.

Fat-boy should know this as his team is clearly told to do so.

Fat-**** should therefore shut up.

hibsbollah
16-02-2010, 06:13 AM

nonsense:bitchy: it was a elbow in the face at speed, what do you want him to do?

As to the article, it almost defies belief that Boyd has been caught out red handed by the TV and has the nerve to argue that black is white, and somehow paint Z as the culprit. and that newspaper gives him a platform! Unbelievable.

Part/Time Supporter
16-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Well done Zouma, you've got under the fat Hun's skin

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2010, 07:24 AM
and interesting to hear the silence from Gordon Smith or the SPL on the issue.

The ref booked him so I don't think the SFA can get involved as it's been seen to have been dealt with at the time.

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Boyd should have walked for that challenge. By getting a yellow card does that now mean deliberately elbowing someone in the face is just obstruction now?

Could you imagine Riordan elbowing someone like Ian Black at the PBS and getting away with 'obstruction', don't think so!

The fact was that Zouma was running the show in the first half and the Huns just went out of their way to stop him at all costs, elbow to the coupon, KT's banjo tackle to stop him running through on goal.

Refs 'I BELIEVE' are instructed to protect the ball players, which never happened at Hunbrox!

We do need some 'bigger' characters in the team to mix it a bit. Every other team in the SPL has them!

H18sry
16-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Going down easily to get a pen/freekick is part of todays game. FACT.
Fat-boy should know this as his team is clearly told to do so.

Fat-**** should therefore shut up.

Boyd went down easily at Ipox earlier this season against us looking for a penalty and duely recieve a booking

The ref booked him so I don't think the SFA can get involved as it's been seen to have been dealt with at the time.

The ref never saw the elbow and only booked him for the obstruction.

Sylar
16-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Boyd is right about one thing - if we'd won, we wouldn't still be discussing it.

Part/Time Supporter
16-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Boyd is right about one thing - if we'd won, we wouldn't still be discussing it.

Then why is he still "discussing" it?

:cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2010, 07:50 AM
The ref never saw the elbow and only booked him for the obstruction.

I know - so the incident was dealt with at the time. I'm pretty sure that because he booked him it's seen as done and dusted and nothing more can happen.

KingFranck
16-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Accidental? aye right Boyd, as said elsewhere let's hope Murray or Bamba (or both) punch him by accident next visit to ER.
Message for Boyd you are now officially the most hated player in Scottish football, certainly in our eyes.

He also says if he mumped and moaned every time he got hit he'd never be out the papers. Big difference is you or you buddy Miller get the slightest knock and it's a penalty, big Nish gets chopped in the box and the ref ignores it, obvious why you don't go to the papers Boyd!

Geo_1875
16-02-2010, 09:20 AM
The ref dealt with the Lafferty offence against the sheep. The SFA can still step in and deal with offenders if he gets it wrong

J-C
16-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Do you think Zemmama's performance dipped when he continually got booed and jeered by the Ibrox hoardes after half time ? I thought he looked for the ball less second half and rushed his passes as a result. Not saying at all that he shouldn't go down if injured, but to me, honestly, I thought he milked the challenge (or elbow). Ref and linesman missed a red card offence though and interesting to hear the silence from Gordon Smith or the SPL on the issue.

I think the problem the SPL ansd Smith have is the ref did something about the challenge on the day and gave a yellow for ahem obstruction. If however nothing was done, Boyd could've been done by the SPL for violent conduct charge.

Expecting Rain
16-02-2010, 09:25 AM
All we need now is for Lafferty to come out and back Boyd who is rapidly becoming the new Neil Lennon of Scottish football, always the victim.

lapsedhibee
16-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Big difference is you or you buddy Miller get the slightest knock and it's a penalty, big Nish gets chopped in the box and the ref ignores it, obvious why you don't go to the papers Boyd!

Boyd or Miller get the slightest knock and it's penalty. Boyd or Miller don't get the slightest knock and it's a penalty. Interesting that one of the two men who have spoken out about all the OF crap has now been brought within the fold, guaranteeing his silence. Any move to clean up the corruption in Scottish fitba now depends on one man being taken seriously. Unfortunately he presents as a deranged lunatic. :boo hoo:

Leithenhibby
16-02-2010, 09:26 AM
I know - so the incident was dealt with at the time. I'm pretty sure that because he booked him it's seen as done and dusted and nothing more can happen.

:agree: it's done with...

Murray to half him in two at ER next time....:pray:

Hibernia Na Eir
16-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Dont you just hate Boyd.

Well saying he done this in front of his own fans at Ibrox.

Hope some other player wins the golden boot, not this geek.

Sylar
16-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Accidental? aye right Boyd, as said elsewhere let's hope Murray or Bamba (or both) punch him by accident next visit to ER.
Message for Boyd you are now officially the most hated player in Scottish football, certainly in our eyes.

He also says if he mumped and moaned every time he got hit he'd never be out the papers. Big difference is you or you buddy Miller get the slightest knock and it's a penalty, big Nish gets chopped in the box and the ref ignores it, obvious why you don't go to the papers Boyd!

Please don't presume to speak on behalf of us all, especially me.

There are far worse players out there in Scottish Football than Kris Boyd.

I'm sure most logical thinking Hibs fans will agree.

bobbyhibs1983
16-02-2010, 09:49 AM
IMO it was a clear elbow in the face, It was no accident as boyd paints it to be.

For all the posters who say he went down easily i would ask if you were playing football and an opponent comes to you and elbows you, are you just gonna stand there and smile?

I would say if any other player in the spl rather than a O.F player does that then it would be a red card.In fact im sure it would maybe be 2 reds

scotcha
16-02-2010, 09:57 AM

totally disagree with you there... i don't think there is many others that are close to him at the moment. Remember we are talking about scottish football not edinburgh so mikey stewart is out.

He ******ed over scotland which many people haven't...

CallumHibs07
16-02-2010, 09:58 AM
"I didn't mean to touch him"

Away you go ya lying bastart!

(((Fergus)))
16-02-2010, 10:03 AM
totally disagree with you there... i don't think there is many others that are close to him at the moment. Remember we are talking about scottish football not edinburgh so mikey stewart is out.

He ******ed over scotland which many people haven't...

:agree: The only one that comes close is that skinny prick from NI

Westie1875
16-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Forget Murray, set McCormack on him and see how he likes that.

Expecting Rain
16-02-2010, 10:22 AM
" It`s a man`s game" Boyd, i`m not playing for Scotland anymore unless i`m picked and of course the severe non injury his team mate Lafferty suffered when Charlie Mulgrew stared at him.

Saorsa
16-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Dirty hun thug, if it'd happened tae him he'd be greeting aboot it in every weegie bog roll from now until next christmas. I really hope somebody goes right through that pr!ck.

lapsedhibee
16-02-2010, 10:29 AM
There was a period, when Rongers had a foreign manager and foreign players (Advocaat, Laudrup, Gascoigne), that they seemed like a quite acceptable football club.

Now that utter clowns like Lafferty and Boyd are the huns' heroes, they seem once again the vile despicable institution they were before that brief interlude.

Barney McGrew
16-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Fairly typical hun propaganda.

Their two strikers typified their horrible football club and what's wrong with the SPL on Sunday - one elbows an opponent in the mooth and stays on the park, the other dives to win a penalty.

Pair of flanges.

Saorsa
16-02-2010, 10:30 AM
There was a period, when Rongers had a foreign manager and foreign players - Advocaat, Laudrup, Gascoigne - when they seemed like a quite acceptable football club.

Now that utter clowns like Lafferty and Boyd are the huns' heroes, they seem once again the vile despicable institution they were before that brief interlude.They've always been that as far as I'm concerned and they'll never be anything else.

Owain_1987
16-02-2010, 10:30 AM
I just don't listen to Boyd when he speaks it just moans. I hope he NEVER plays for Scotland again and I hope he leaves Rangers in the summer not because of his goals but because he is a disgrace to the SPL. I would not have him anywhere near my team.

God Petrie
16-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Take a look at your goals to game ratio versus Stokes' Boyd you dirty hun hammer throwing ****bag. You're not as good as you think you are, Zouma proved it as he rinsed your whole team in the first half and you had to resort to elbowing him in the face to stop him.

Bishop Hibee
16-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Poor Boyd :boo hoo:

I hate Rangers. The main stand at Ipox is named after Bill Struth, a man who did more than most to entrench bigotry into Scottish football. To my knowledge, the media said nothing against this in 2006 when the stand was named. Enough said.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Bawbag Boyd has a cheek to call anyone a moaner. His face is creased in anger from the 1st minute of every game, and he constantly moans at every ref over every challenge he's in. :grr: ****in arse.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-02-2010, 11:21 AM
He makes my blood boil! Daft Hun prick!!! :grr:

scotcha
16-02-2010, 11:26 AM
huns down south always struggle as they play for the lower end of the premiership teams and don't get away with half the stuff they get away with up here.

Was it last year or the year before that barry the crab fergusson got through a whole season without a booking... now he plays for Birmingham he is getting booked in nearly every game.... so how the hell could he go for a whole season up here without his name in the book.

I think he was cautioned 4 times in europe also that season, out of 6 games.. and there is no bias towards the durty huns???

--------
16-02-2010, 11:30 AM
nonsense:bitchy: it was a elbow in the face at speed, what do you want him to do?

As to the article, it almost defies belief that Boyd has been caught out red handed by the TV and has the nerve to argue that black is white, and somehow paint Z as the culprit. and that newspaper gives him a platform! Unbelievable.

It's the Sun, hb.

Of course they're going to print this guff - their 'readership' (I use the term loosely) demand it. Boyd got away with what on the street would have been classed as a criminal offence. Then the TV cameras show it up quite clearly for what it was.

When Zouma's asked about it in a post-match interview, instead of doing what generations of wee forwards have done in the past and saying, "Oh, it was just one of those things that happen in a game," tells the truth and accuses Boyd of deliberately clocking him.

So Bully-Boy Boyd comes out with the Thug's Defence - "It's a man's game and it's happened to me dozens of times and I don't complain about it so he should be a man and keep quiet." The defence of the bully everywhere.

What IS shocking is the complicity of the SFA and the referees in allowing this to go on. I'm perfectly sure that IF THE WILL EXISTED in the SFA, Gordon Smith-Must-Score could announce today that in view of a re-appraisal of the TV pictures, Kris Boyd was being invited up to Hampden for a chat about what actually happened on Sunday at Ibrox.

A warning shot across his bows, and the bows of every other thug putting the boot or elbow into players like Zouma to drive them out of the game.

But unfortuately I don't find any of this unbelievable - I've watched Hibs now for nearlt 50 years, and I've seen our players kicked, punched and abused by OF opponents while the referee has looked on grinning. Sometimes they're ven joined in.

Two names for the older guys to grind their teeth over - Bobby Davidson and A J Crawley.

rubber mal
16-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Even by Hun standards, Boyd is a pathetic, arrogant, immature, moronic parasite.

That is all.

--------
16-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Even by Hun standards, Boyd is a pathetic, arrogant, immature, moronic parasite.

That is all.

How true. :agree:

And how eloquently expressed. :greengrin

allmodcons
16-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Boyd should have walked for that challenge. By getting a yellow card does that now mean deliberately elbowing someone in the face is just obstruction now?

Could you imagine Riordan elbowing someone like Ian Black at the PBS and getting away with 'obstruction', don't think so!

The fact was that Zouma was running the show in the first half and the Huns just went out of their way to stop him at all costs, elbow to the coupon, KT's banjo tackle to stop him running through on goal.

Refs 'I BELIEVE' are instructed to protect the ball players, which never happened at Hunbrox!

We do need some 'bigger' characters in the team to mix it a bit. Every other team in the SPL has them!

Can you imagine the uproar (at Ibrox and in the press) if De Beasley had been having a great 1st half, tormenting our full backs, and someone like Murray committed the same offence as Boyd did on Zemmama.

Ref would NOT have hesitated in pulling out a straight red!

As I said on another thread, ref was OK for majority of match but, as usual, bottled the big decisions (Boyd's elbow and Miller's penalty) in Glasgow that have a major effect on the outcome of the match.

KingFranck
16-02-2010, 12:10 PM

Sorry mate,I apologise, I'll rephrase it shall I ? Boyd you are the most hated player in my house:greengrin
When you say worse do you mean worse at football ?(the whole Hearts team) or worse with their onfield behaviour?
This could start an interseting debate about who has taken over from Neil Lennon as the most hated man in Scottish football!

Jim44
16-02-2010, 12:30 PM
............and to think that this tool of a human being is going to be the leading light of Levein's Scottish team along with the other three. Levein is gambling with the future support of the Scottish team by playing his pals.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Sorry mate,I apologise, I'll rephrase it shall I ? Boyd you are the most hated player in my house:greengrin
When you say worse do you mean worse at football ?(the whole Hearts team) or worse with their onfield behaviour?
This could start an interseting debate about who has taken over from Neil Lennon as the most hated man in Scottish football!

In no particular order Laugherty, Fat Boyd and battered Ian Black. Three disgusting little fannies.

hibsbollah
16-02-2010, 12:35 PM

I'm with you, Boyd, Lafferty and Thomson are all in my top 3 and all huns.

hfc rd
16-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Don't know what boyd is on about. If it was the other way around, then you would expect Kris Boyd to keep blabbering on about it.

1875godsgift
16-02-2010, 12:50 PM

Lafferty, what an inspiration to youngsters starting out in the game!
What a role model, someone to look up to and aspire to!

YouTube - Footballer of the acting oscar !! Kyle Lafferty !! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o80JqsoOQBY)

This is the sort of behaviour we admire from that noble, sporting and respected institution that is rangers!

What a buckin' t*sser.

--------
16-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Those three are in MY "Top Ten Most Vomitory Huns List of All Time" too. :devil:

Thomson first, then Boyd, then Lafferty.

Sylar
16-02-2010, 01:00 PM

I wouldn't even have Boyd in my top 5 most hated players to be honest - nor would many posters on here on a regular basis - there are so many players who are vocally sought out on these forums, whether we play them or not: Lafferty/McGeady come to my mind immediately.

Had we not been playing Rangers this weekend and had this incident not happened on the park, we wouldn't be having the discussion about how vile Boyd is - granted, his decision to turn his back on George Burley got a few people against him, but considering how ***** a manager Burley evidently was, I don't blame him.

I don't particularly "like" Boyd, as I don't really like any of the OF players (Beasley being the exception for International reasons), but there are certainly more vile creatures out there.

lapsedhibee
16-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Had we not been playing Rangers this weekend and had this incident not happened on the park, we wouldn't be having the discussion about how vile Boyd is

What does this mean? Had the vile incident not happened we wouldn't be discussing how vile the perpetrator is? :confused:

--------
16-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Those three are in MY "Top Ten Most Vomitory Huns List of All Time" too. :devil:

Thomson first, then Boyd, then Lafferty.

But that's only among the players who played on Sunday. :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
16-02-2010, 01:20 PM
But that's only among the players who played on Sunday. :rolleyes:

Couldn't otherwise see how Alex McDonald :grr: wasn't in there.

basehibby
16-02-2010, 01:41 PM
The only reason Boyd thinks it's no big deal is that he'd hardly feel an elbow in his ugly puss because of all his double chins!

Regardless of his toys out of pram style burblings there's no doubt that he was VERY lucky to stay on the park. Miller also went down far too easilly under NO contact so it's fair to say HIBS were unlucky to lose the match - hopefully next time the luck goes our way.

Sylar
16-02-2010, 01:48 PM
What does this mean? Had the vile incident not happened we wouldn't be discussing how vile the perpetrator is? :confused:

Care to find me another thread in the entire Hibs.net archive which highlights a "disgusting tackle" or "violent action" from Kris Boyd?*

EVERY team has players who are capable of losing control in a moment of heat (Liam Miller has a petulant side to his game, as does Riordan), but it doesn't make them "the most hated player in Scotland" unless it's momentary. Reputations are built over time - not on the basis of 1 action in a single game.

Throw all the abuse you want to hurl at this guy "because he's a hun", but don't let the green goggles delude you into thinking Boyd is a consistently dirty player. I'd also be willing to bet that a significant number of Hibs fans would take him at ER in a second.

*I don't seriously expect you to trawl through looking, as we've all got better things to do, but my point being, he's not a player who does this sort of thing on a regular basis.

basehibby
16-02-2010, 01:48 PM
............and to think that this tool of a human being is going to be the leading light of Levein's Scottish team along with the other three. Levein is gambling with the future support of the Scottish team by playing his pals.

Erm - I don't think Levein has stated that ANYONE is going to be the leading light in his Scotland sides - he just wants to start with a level playing field by being allowed to pick his best eleven based on their form and abilities - I for one don't blame him.

hibbybrian
16-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I'd also be willing to bet that a significant number of Hibs fans would take him at ER in a second

I'm sure plenty would be up for it :take that :greengrin

lapsedhibee
16-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Care to find me another thread in the entire Hibs.net archive which highlights a "disgusting tackle" or "violent action" from Kris Boyd?*

EVERY team has players who are capable of losing control in a moment of heat (Liam Miller has a petulant side to his game, as does Riordan), but it doesn't make them "the most hated player in Scotland" unless it's momentary. Reputations are built over time - not on the basis of 1 action in a single game.

Throw all the abuse you want to hurl at this guy "because he's a hun", but don't let the green goggles delude you into thinking Boyd is a consistently dirty player. I'd also be willing to bet that a significant number of Hibs fans would take him at ER in a second.

*I don't seriously expect you to trawl through looking, as we've all got better things to do, but my point being, he's not a player who does this sort of thing on a regular basis.

He used to get away with an astonishing amount of elbowing when he jumped for the ball with defenders, but he seems to have corrected that.

Don't think anyone's been claiming that he's consistently dirty - just that he's consistently guilty of bawbaggery of one sort or another on a grand scale!

He's definitely vile.

truehibernian
16-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Ach maybe I am a wee bit old school and would like to have seen wee Zem jump to his feet and square up to Boyd to let him know that his sly/dirty actions didn't faze him. That's also why I think Hibs do need an enforcer type figure in the side to compliment our footballers. Do you think Neil Lennon would have halved any of the other Rangers players after seeing a challenge like that on a fellow team mate ? I noticed in the Aberdeen game how many of our players seemed to be half hearted in the 50/50 challenges and as a result we lost all the scrappy balls and balls that were there to win. (Murray and Bamba being the only ones willing to battle for the loose balls). It's fantastic that this year we have reverted back to playing good football, but the team IMO still needs some grit and steel. I think the reason we beat Rangers convincingly a few seasons ago was that we not only had flair, but we had players like Brown and Thomson who were not scared to put their foot in and show OF players they were about. Was it the Rangers 3-0 cup game that Brown came off the pitch injured blowing a kiss to the Rangers player who couldn't get near him that day ? Onwards and upwards though and here's hoping we are talking about the football on Wednesday night and not the ref's decisions.

Hibby70
16-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Boyd is my most hated now that mcdonald is away. Followed by mcculloch and mcgeady. All have turned their backs on their country. Mcdonald was just a wee prick. This needs a poll!

--------
16-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Couldn't otherwise see how Alex McDonald :grr: wasn't in there.

:agree: He's there. And John MacDonald the Submarine. And Paul Gascoigne. And Willie Woodburn. And Graeme Fyfe 'n Ally Scott. And a whole lot more....

Hibby70
16-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't even have Boyd in my top 5 most hated players to be honest - nor would many posters on here....
Think you are wrong. Cant think of any more despicable scrotes and most people i know agree and thats before sundays 'obstruction.'

GreenBlade
16-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Boyd is without doubt one of the ugliest players I've ever seen (that's in 35 years paying thru the gate) Everytime he scores he snarls at the opposition's fans and that alone shows him up to be a total tit. If he'd been playing 25 years ago and tried that crap he'd be buried under a pile of bottles and cans. The guy's an arse. He has never played well against better teams and would struggle down south. If anyone think's otherwise prove me wrong with facts. How many has he scored against Hibs is a good example. He was no better than ordinary on Sunday. It's one thing banging them in against Hamilton or Falkirk and winning a title with Rangers but stick him him in a team like Spurs and he'll not last a month!
Nah, best he stays in Scotland, sings the sash and carrys on giving oral relief to his mates at the Daily Record.

euro Hibby
16-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Nothing new from boyd. The fact that levin wants him back for Scotland lets him raise his ugly head again and pimp himself to the press. None of those involved in the Burley bust up should be considered but as we are so crap at the moment , its buried quickly and you move on. Mad vlad is a nut but he is not too wrong when he says that the West run scottish football and the the old firm enjoy special treatment. Yogi knows it but he is clever and refuses to get drawn on this subject as you end up a loser !

Captain Trips
16-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Boyd can be summed up in a number of ways, i,ll go with fat pr1ck.

Saorsa
16-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Boyd can be summed up in a number of ways, i,ll go with fat pr1ck.I'll go with ****my hun thug lowlife tosser.

hibsbollah
16-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Yogi knows it but he is clever and refuses to get drawn on this subject as you end up a loser !

I feel two ways about this. On one hand i'd like Yogi to support Z in the press, as silence could be taken as distancing himself from Zs (justifiable) comments yesterday. It would also make refs aware that non-OF managers are scrutinising their decisions publically. Levein played this game quite well and IMO officials were probably under pressure to be seen as 'fair' when playing the Arabs.

On the other hand, Yogi has been consistent in never criticising referees too harshly, and it wont change things anyway, as Boyd has been dealt with by the ref and no further sanction will follow.

Like other posters have said, I just hope Bamba or Murray kicks him up in the air after the split.

lapsedhibee
16-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I just hope Bamba or Murray kicks him up in the air and he splits.

Fixed.

monktonharp
16-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Have to say (and yes, the elbow was worthy of a red on another day), I hate seeing Hibs players go down like they have been shot. It is a mans game as Boyd says, and to be honest, Zemmama and Benji have been quite embarrassing at times in their Hibs careers when it comes to milking a challenge. I'd like to see us stand up to these challenges and have a bit of toughness throughout the side. Yogi is right when he says we are a soft team. Boyd is still a tool though :agree:aye,there are tools and there are tools. it was a *****' forearm smash. reminded me of Jacky Pallo FFS.:grr:

hibsdaft
16-02-2010, 05:06 PM
It is a mans game as Boyd says

it is a mans game you're right, but Boyd is not a man he is a coward - targeting the smallest guy on the pitch with his elbow is simply pathetic.

Zemmama is the real man here for not being intimidated by people twice his size.

it beggars belief that people still talk about him not being up to the physical aspect of the Scottish game given his performances against teams of all shapes and sizes over the last few years.

Westie1875
16-02-2010, 05:18 PM
There is only one word to describe Boyd, it has 4 letters and begins with a c. :wink:

I wouldn't normally describe anyone in that way but in his case an exception can be made (and I've never liked him tbh, its not just because of Sunday).

erskine-hibby
16-02-2010, 06:01 PM
It was an assault plain and simple.
If the SFA won't/can't do anything about it, the wee man should take the video to the police, cos if it happened on any given saturday night in town you would get arrested for that and charged.:agree:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
16-02-2010, 06:25 PM
It was an assault plain and simple.
If the SFA won't/can't do anything about it, the wee man should take the video to the police, cos if it happened on any given saturday night in town you would get arrested for that and charged.:agree:

Scottish football is corrupt that's all you can say. I don't blame Conroy, he's just been knobbled by the hun masses and their lapdog media. He was hung out to dry by them for having the cheek to red card a hun at Kilmarnock. Nobody red cards a hun and gets away with it.

EasterRoad4Ever
16-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Fact is the Huns didn't like the way Zouma was taking the pesh out of them, and Boyd thought he'd sort him out. Any experienced, honest referee could see what was happening. Straight red was the correct action, and the Ref/Linesman simply bottled it or cheated - you choose.

The Huns have always had their fair share of complete headcases who would - if they didn't play football - would likely be banged up somewhere. Boyd fits the bill perfectly.

.Sean.
16-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Dirty hun thug, if it'd happened tae him he'd be greeting aboot it in every weegie bog roll from now until next christmas. I really hope somebody goes right through that pr!ck.
If certain rumours have any truth in them then a few people very nearly did.

Dirty, fat, irritating, smarmy, moaning, hun bassa on the park. Twice as worse off it. I'm sure a few will agree with me on that one.

Baldy Foghorn
16-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Rangers are really a horrible institution.....

Boyd elbows Zouma, and then tells him to toughen up.... Miller dives to win a penalty......

Some of their fans wear orange scarves, sing about hating fenians......Really despicable lot...............

hibsbollah
16-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Given that he is in fact a fanny

:faf:

Frank Moon
16-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Know for a fact that both the assistant and ref have been pulled up for missing the 'incident' :agree: