PDA

View Full Version : Last time at St Johnstone????

HibeeMcGinn1
15-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Anyone give me some info on the last match we had at McDiarmid Park. Was it around the time when Sauzee scored the free kick? Memorys not working well.

I can also remember a game at McDiarmid Park when Darren Dods scored against us and from what I can remember im sure it was a midweek game?

Cheers, HM :hnet:

El Gubbz
15-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Anyone give me some info on the last match we had at McDiarmid Park. Was it around the time when Sauzee scored the free kick? Memorys not working well.

I can also remember a game at McDiarmid Park when Darren Dods scored against us and from what I can remember im sure it was a midweek game?

Cheers, HM :hnet:

Was that the one where the St J boy was sent off after injuring himself in the tackle?

FRes Hibbie
15-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Was that the one where the St J boy was sent off after injuring himself in the tackle?

Nasty place to injure yourself. :agree:

Speedy
15-02-2010, 10:40 PM

:greengrin

Liam89
15-02-2010, 10:41 PM
:top marks haha!

HibeeMcGinn1
15-02-2010, 10:41 PM

aint got a scooby doo, really struggle with memories from there. usually decent with recent hibs memories aswell

Part/Time Supporter
15-02-2010, 10:43 PM
The last time Hibs played at Perth was a crappy end of season bottom six game, Saints had long since been relegated and Mr Bobby was the new(ish) Hibs manager. Townsley scored the only goal for a 1-0 Hibs win.

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=361439

St Johnstone: Cuthbert ,Dods ,McCluskey ,McCulloch ,McClune ,Murray (Ferry ,70 ) ,Panther ,Hartley ,Lovenkrands (Martyn Fotheringham ,79 ) ,MacDonald (Parker ,57 ) ,Connolly
Subs not used: Devlin,Maher,

Hibernian: Caig ,Allan Dempsie ,Fenwick ,Gary Smith ,Orman ,Townsley ,Wiss (Nicol ,61 ) ,Jack ,Daquin (Whittaker ,79 ) ,Brewster (Alan Reid ,61 ) ,O'Connor
Subs not used Colgan,Doumbe,

Bookings: Hartley (St Johnstone)

Attendance: 3372

Referee: Craig Thomson

nb that was Steven Whittaker's senior debut

HibeeMcGinn1
15-02-2010, 10:45 PM
The last time Hibs played at Perth was a crappy end of season bottom six game, Saints had long since been relegated and Mr Bobby was the new(ish) Hibs manager. Townsley scored the only goal for a 1-0 Hibs win.

good man :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

.Sean.
15-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Last time I was there Zitelli chipped the keeper. May have been the season they finished third.

HibeeMcGinn1
15-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Last time I was there Zitelli chipped the keeper. May have been the season they finished third.

as in us sean :greengrin

.Sean.
15-02-2010, 10:56 PM
as in us sean :greengrin
I'm sure St Johnstone finished third the year after us, maybe i'm getting confused :dunno:

Part/Time Supporter
15-02-2010, 10:58 PM

Saints finished 3rd in the SPL the year that Hibs were in the first division.

The league cup tie mentioned above was also in that season. Saints 4-0 win sent them through to a semi final against Hertz at Easter Road - Allan Preston's finest hour:

YouTube - Hearts 0-3 Saint Johnstone.League cup semi,98-99 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYOBU6QcO2c)

HibeeMcGinn1
15-02-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm sure St Johnstone finished third the year after us, maybe i'm getting confused :dunno:

:confused::confused::confused:
if your correct i do apologise me old son

HibeeMcGinn1
15-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Copied from Wikipedia

"Their finishing position in the league meant Saints had qualified for the 1999–00 UEFA Cup campaign. They started with a 3–1 aggregate win in the qualifying round over Finnish side VPS Vaasa, but were beaten 6–3 on aggregate by French giants Monaco in the first round proper. The return leg meant that international stars such as Fabien Barthez, John Arne Riise and David Trézéguet played at McDiarmid Park. St. Johnstone remain unbeaten at home in European competitions".

Pretty close seany boy

.Sean.
15-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Bet Kano enjoyed that win eh :greengrin

scoopyboy
16-02-2010, 09:05 AM

It was East Lothian Hibs end of season bash, went to a trendy sports bar in centre of Perth. IIRC there was a grand prix on.

Brooster
16-02-2010, 09:51 AM
It was East Lothian Hibs end of season bash, went to a trendy sports bar in centre of Perth. IIRC there was a grand prix on.

Thats pushing it a bit.

I also remember Darren Dodds' wife leaving the centre stand in disgust as we gave him pelters - soooooperb.