PDA

View Full Version : Travelling on Wednesday

MountcastleHibs
15-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm taking the car for the first time to an away game on Wednesday. I know where to go and where to park etc, but was just wondering what time folks were thinking would be a good time to leave. I was thinking as close to 5 as possible, probably nearer to half 5.. will this be enough time to get me up there and into the car park at McDairmid Park?

On an aside how much is it to park in the car park at the ground?

Cheers in advance guys.. much appreciated :thumbsup:

Darth Hibbie
15-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm planning on leaving between half five and six from Hamilton. I would have thought it would have been quicker from Edinburgh depending on the traffic coming out of edinburgh.

Multimap tells me it should take about and hour and half.

No idea how much the car park is though.

MountcastleHibs
15-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm planning on leaving between half five and six from Hamilton. I would have thought it would have been quicker from Edinburgh depending on the traffic coming out of edinburgh.

Multimap tells me it should take about and hour and half.

No idea how much the car park is though.

Thanks very much. Aye, I'll have to drive through Edinburgh to get out to the bridges so am anticipating traffic. Just wanting to set my mind at ease ha.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Will never forget wen we got drawn away to the saints in the cup in our first division season. me and my old man left in plenty time but there were shockin hold ups on the way thru, we eventually got in the ground about 35 mins after ko to find we were 3 nil down!!! :boo hoo: before we even got to our seats they scored a 4th! Single handedly the most depressin experience following hibs. Was also thru at perth the day the game got cancelled at half time due to snow :boo hoo:highlights that day were my overweight mate from school eating a steak pie, a big chunk of steak falling out of it onto his jacket and freezing solid coz it was so cold!haha it was stuck to his jacket for about an hr without him noticing. Also, 1000 hibs fans pelting the st johnstone staff- who eventually came out to declare there would be no refund- with snowballs :faf: Also had some crackin experiences, always a ground ive enjoyed goin to for some reason. Roll on Wednesday. Our bus is leaving ER at half 5. If I was you thats wen i would leave as well.

MountcastleHibs
15-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Will never forget wen we got drawn away to the saints in the cup in our first division season. me and my old man left in plenty time but there were shockin hold ups on the way thru, we eventually got in the ground about 35 mins after ko to find we were 3 nil down!!! :boo hoo: before we even got to our seats they scored a 4th! Single handedly the most depressin experience following hibs. Was also thru at perth the day the game got cancelled at half time due to snow :boo hoo:highlights that day were my overweight mate from school eating a steak pie, a big chunk of steak falling out of it onto his jacket and freezing solid coz it was so cold!haha it was stuck to his jacket for about an hr without him noticing. Also, 1000 hibs fans pelting the st johnstone staff- who eventually came out to declare there would be no refund- with snowballs :faf: Also had some crackin experiences, always a ground ive enjoyed goin to for some reason. Roll on Wednesday. Our bus is leaving ER at half 5. If I was you thats wen i would leave as well.

Perfect. I'm picking up mates so will probably be about half 5 by time I'm at the equivalent distance of ER.. All good then :thumbsup:

H18SScottW
16-02-2010, 01:09 PM
http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/st_johnstone.htm

Looks like £2 for the Car Park at the ground.

Saints official site says we are all in their North Stand.

H18sry
16-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I'd avoid parking in the stadium car park as it can be a nightmare getting out :agree: There is parking in the surrounding area's which is free :wink:

Ell_Chrisso
16-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Well when im coming down the other route to go to Hibs games, from Perth.. i would leave around 6 for a night fixture.
Would normally get me to the game in decent time.

So, judge it by that.