PDA

View Full Version : Mark Brown - When will his chance come?

AugustaHibs
15-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Can't really see him getting a game as smith is doing brilliant and stack in backup. So when will his chance come i think it will be pre season maybe?

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Can't really see him getting a game as smith is doing brilliant and stack in backup. So when will his chance come i think it will be pre season maybe?

Have patience, Mark. Your time will come.

Or, if you have the cash, I can send the boys round to Smith's. I will then send Stackie round to lift him off the floor.... that should do his back in again.

Newhaven
15-02-2010, 08:47 PM
He'll need to be patient but Im sure the time will come when he will be called on.

What a refreshing change to have 3 top keepers vying for the jersey rather than pinky and perky we had under Marshall's stewardship :bitchy:

As a side note I hope Maka gets off the wage bill in the summer.

Jack
15-02-2010, 08:51 PM
If Buzz mucks up then Yogi will decide who is best to take over depending on whats happening during the week. I wouldn't think any of the keepers is the automatic next choice.

.Sean.
15-02-2010, 09:05 PM
The way i see it, Stack is very unfortunate to have been left out the team recently. Prior to Smith arriving he was extremely solid and he was unlucky to pick up an injury that has ultimately culminated in Smith taking over as number one due to an exceptional run of form.

If for any reason Smith suffers a drop in form or incurs an injury, Stack hits the sticks for me fitness permiting. He deserves it. Brown's gonna have to wait for his chance and he needs to take it when it comes. As for Maka... :bye:

Allant1981
15-02-2010, 09:07 PM
thought stack had an injury that might prevent him from ever playing again, im sure some on here were claiming that

.Sean.
15-02-2010, 09:08 PM
thought stack had an injury that might prevent him from ever playing again, im sure some on here were claiming that
Pretty sure he's been on the bench recently so that puts that sugestion to bed.

Darth Hibbie
15-02-2010, 09:10 PM
To my mind Smith keeps the first team position until he messes up, gets injured, or one of the other keepers shows they are significantly better in training. Whatever way it turns out its good to have such a choice of keepers.

Speedy
15-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Is Mark Brown fit at the moment?

Hainan Hibs
15-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I'd forgotten about him!

With Smith in great form and Stack not doing anything wrong before his injury Broon will just have to wait for his chance and take it when it comes.

What a change of the times, going from Malkowski and Simon Brown to Smith, Stack and Mark Brown.

IberianHibernian
15-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Very strange situation to suddenly have 4 goalies with considerable first - team experience plus at least one younger one in a season when there isn`t even a reserve league . Not just strange but also expensive and certainly something that would have been criticised a lot if it had happened a year or two ago . Fitness doubts about Stack may have some substance since he seemed to be doing well so no real need to sign one let alone two more goalies and presumably Hibs thought they could get rid of Maka in January and it fell through or he didn`t accept offer otherwise why make him number 4 while still weak in other positions ? Smith has done well so far though his past record doesn`t make him any better than Stack or Maka (why was he released by Brighton ? ) so will presumably keep his place till injury or loss of form and Brown is a mystery - why change Celtic Reserves for Hibs Reserves ? If Maka leaves , hope things work out for him since I still feel there`s a good chance that of the 4 of the goalies he`ll be the one most likely to make a ( good ! ) name for himself .

Toaods
15-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Rumour has it Brown will get the gloves once Smith manages a clean sheet in the league.

hfc rd
16-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Bit suprised he has not been included on the bench in recent weeks. I thought he was going to be our 2nd choice but it looks loke Yogi has opted with Stack as his 2nd choice. Anyway I am sure Mark Brown's chance will come.

Golden Bear
16-02-2010, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=IberianHibernian;2354801]Very strange situation to suddenly have 4 goalies with considerable first - team experience plus at least one younger one in a season when there isn`t even a reserve league . Not just strange but also expensive and certainly something that would have been criticised a lot if it had happened a year or two ago . Fitness doubts about Stack may have some substance since he seemed to be doing well so no real need to sign one let alone two more goalies and presumably Hibs thought they could get rid of Maka in January and it fell through or he didn`t accept offer otherwise why make him number 4 while still weak in other positions ? Smith has done well so far though his past record doesn`t make him any better than Stack or Maka (why was he released by Brighton ? ) so will presumably keep his place till injury or loss of form and Brown is a mystery - why change Celtic Reserves for Hibs Reserves ? If Maka leaves , hope things work out for him since I still feel there`s a good chance that of the 4 of the goalies he`ll be the one most likely to make a ( good ! ) name for himself

Aye fine - welcome back Hibs Spain.

CapitalHibs
16-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I'd forgotten about him!

With Smith in great form and Stack not doing anything wrong before his injury Broon will just have to wait for his chance and take it when it comes.

What a change of the times, going from Malkowski and Simon Brown to Smith, Stack and Mark Brown.

Although Buzz had no chance with the goals on Sunday (even though he nearly got Boyd's penalty) I thought his handling of the low fizzing crosses the hun were hitting into his six yard box was absolutely superb.

I'm sure a good few of the previous incumbents would have been odds on to spill.

blueisthecolour
16-02-2010, 02:36 PM
The thing about Mark Brown, he left rangers for ICT for first team football, good on him I though and he didn't do to badly, he then left ICT for celtic, did he really think he was going to be a first teamer there, not a chance, so he moves to hibs thinking he can be no1, I hope he sits on the bench for a long time, it's all he deserves for going to them:wink:

Arvee
16-02-2010, 03:57 PM
must surely be good on the training round being able to split the keepers and work on different techniques with different bits of the squad

Boris
16-02-2010, 04:23 PM
He played today in bounce game against Shamrock Rovers which Rovers won 1-0.

joe_hfc
16-02-2010, 04:39 PM
The thing about Mark Brown, he left rangers for ICT for first team football, good on him I though and he didn't do to badly, he then left ICT for celtic, did he really think he was going to be a first teamer there, not a chance, so he moves to hibs thinking he can be no1, I hope he sits on the bench for a long time, it's all he deserves for going to them:wink:

He went to celtic, to make some money so he can bring some security to his and his familys future. I'm sure he didn't move to Hibs thinking he can be 'no1', or 'no.1'.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-02-2010, 04:49 PM
The real questions should be when will Maka get another chance! :grr:

:devil:

hibbybrian
16-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Very strange situation to suddenly have 4 goalies with considerable first - team experience plus at least one younger one in a season when there isn`t even a reserve league . Not just strange but also expensive and certainly something that would have been criticised a lot if it had happened a year or two ago .

Given the choice of Zibi or Simon Brown a few years ago I doubt anyone would have criticised this :wink:

Also every point and position gained in the league brings more cash to Hibs at the end of the season so maybe not so expensive :greengrin

HibeeUnderwood
16-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I am now happy to say I will not be as concerned if one of our keepers picks up an injury because its clear we have excellent back up :agree:

I'm pretty sure when Brown came in that he knew he wasn't instantly just going to break into the team, Seeing as he played for Kilmarnock when we played them at ER with Stacky in our goal, and having been at the St Mirren match with Smith in goal, he should have a good idea what he's up against.

It makes a change to have good keepers like Smith, Stack and hopefully Brown instead of useless ones like Gottskalkson, Caig and Malkowski!

Speedway
17-02-2010, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't mind us bringing the monk back in, just for cover.

Sean1875
17-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't mind us bringing the monk back in, just for cover.
What ever happened to him? Thought he was a great keeper :agree: