PDA

View Full Version : Question Car Parking for St Johnstone Game

OtterHibee
15-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Can anyone advise as to where best to park around the stadium for Wednesday's game?

I know they have the car park at the ground but understand it can be pretty hellish to get out of after games.

Is there sufficient space in any surrounding streets?

Thanks in advance.

matty_f
15-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Can anyone advise as to where best to park around the stadium for Wednesday's game?

I know they have the car park at the ground but understand it can be pretty hellish to get out of after games.

Is there sufficient space in any surrounding streets?

Thanks in advance.

Good question. Same one from me.:agree:

Liam89
15-02-2010, 06:27 PM
From what i can remember since the last game i went to the best place to park would be tesco car park on crieff road, the tesco just before the roundabout.

whiskyhibby
15-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Looking at Multi-map I would say the stadium has a car park for around 100 cars

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=st.+johnstone+FC+Perth&countryCode=GB#map=56.40854,-3.47591|18|32&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:56.4094:-3.47711:17|st (http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=st.+johnstone+FC+Perth&countryCode=GB#map=56.40854,-3.47591|18|32&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:56.4094:-3.47711:17|st). johnstone FC Perth|St Johnstone FC, Crieff Road, Perth and Kinross

whiskyhibby
15-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Looking at Multi-map I would say the stadium has a car park for around 100 cars

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=st.+johnstone+FC+Perth&countryCode=GB#map=56.40854,-3.47591|18|32&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:56.4094:-3.47711:17|st (http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=st.+johnstone+FC+Perth&countryCode=GB#map=56.40854,-3.47591|18|32&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:56.4094:-3.47711:17|st). johnstone FC Perth|St Johnstone FC, Crieff Road, Perth and Kinross

According to their web-site it has parking for 1000 cars!!

Sir David Gray
15-02-2010, 06:37 PM
This may be of some use to people.

http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/st_johnstone.htm

Billy Whizz
15-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I usually park just off the Crieff Rd. When you take the slip road off the dual carriage take the Crieff turn off. Park anywhere just off this road and then walk over the dualcarriageway (flyover) towards the ground
Hibs used to get part of the Main Stand as well as behind one of the goals.Do we get part of the main stand on Wednesday?

Franck Stanton
15-02-2010, 07:05 PM
When you come off slip-road and are at the roundabout with the stadium to the right, turn left towards Methven and approx 500yds later there is a row of cottages on the right - at end of these cottages turn right and park - only 5-10min walk from ground.

tony higgins
15-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Much prefer running the three miles back into Perth to catch the last train.
Heart pumping, legs like lead, sweating like an a 5 year old in a third world factory making sports wear.
Pondering if your that "name" in tomorrow,s paper.

Billy Whizz
15-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I usually park just off the Crieff Rd. When you take the slip road off the dual carriage take the Crieff turn off. Park anywhere just off this road and then walk over the dualcarriageway (flyover) towards the ground
Hibs used to get part of the Main Stand as well as behind one of the goals.Do we get part of the main stand on T
Wednesday?

bruno
16-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Hibs used to get part of the Main Stsnd as well as behind one of the goals.Do we get part of the main stand on T
Wednesday?

Just a note for anyone parking in tesco when we were there the parking enforcers yes out in force as there is a 2 hour parking limit in car park.
We parked go dobbies or holiday inn car park just to left of slip road. Only 5 minute walk to stadium.
You will get both stands behind each goal.

RIP
16-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Getting in to the Saints Car Park is easier than you might think. It's well stewarded. However it's the getting out that could lose you half an hour.

The trick is to come off the M90 at the Broxden Roundabout and navigate through residential streets along the Western Edge. Ten minute walk from the ground after the match and back on the motorway in another five.

Easy peasy

Up M90
Go off left on the A9 for Stirling, Glasgow, Inverness
Turn right at Broxden Roundabout following the sign for Perth (Glasgow Road)
Turn first left at Mini-Roundabout (Lamberkine Drive) and along an L shaped road
When road ends, turn left into Ettrick Drive (At signpost for Noah's Ark)
3rd Left into Fittis Road (At signpost for Noah's Ark)
At road end, turn left into West Mains Drive (Not sure if there's a signpost but don't worry)
West Mains Drive sweeps left and down, park on road beside the line of cars
Park so as to face back up the hill for a quick getaway
You should be able to see Stadium lights off to your right when you walk down the hill
Turn right at the car dealership
After the match, reverse your tracks to get back to Broxden

Carheenlea
16-02-2010, 12:23 PM
I reckon I will go for the car park... Looks like everyone is going to be parking elsewhere so I`ll opt for the empty car park...:greengrin

7heaven
16-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm getting a train from Aberdeen to Perth.
Is it a taxi job or can you walk to the ground.

hibee
16-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm getting a train from Aberdeen to Perth.
Is it a taxi job or can you walk to the ground.

Depends how far you like to walk, would be about 30-40 mins

MountcastleHibs
16-02-2010, 01:43 PM
I reckon I will go for the car park... Looks like everyone is going to be parking elsewhere so I`ll opt for the empty car park...:greengrin

I'm going for the car park. I've told it's not half as bad as being suggested on here.

StevieC
16-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Car park can be hit or a miss for getting out quickly.

Tesco car park is indeed policed by Tesco on match days with the threat of fines.

The streets up the Western Edge (West Mains Avenue/Grange Terrace) can be parked on .. and the opposite side of Newhouse Road (Strathtay Road/Langside Road) are also an option. All roads are close enough for a short walk to and from the stadium. You also have Tulloch Terrace which ties in nicely for a pre-match drink at the Tulloch Institute or the 208 Hotel.

Personally ..

I'll be parking in my drive. :greengrin

:wink:

woodythehibee
16-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Are tickets produced by (for example) supermarket car parks enforceable?

I was under the impression that they weren't...

blackhibee
16-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Check it out obviously but it used to be extortionate to park in the stadium car park. Somebody told me it was a fiver not that long ago.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-02-2010, 05:17 PM
This may be of some use to people.

http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/st_johnstone.htm (http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/st_johnstone.htm)

Why are they rivals with Falkirk?

monktonharp
16-02-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm going for the car park. I've told it's not half as bad as being suggested on here.have fun,and take a blanket if you are first into the car park.............you'll be last oot,shut the gate:greengrin

magnificent_seven
16-02-2010, 05:36 PM
There are plenty of space behind the 208 pub next the ground. It is Letham though! :bitchy:

Moulin Yarns
16-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Go for the Dobbies/auction mart option, loads of parking and easy acces to and from the by-pass.

StevieC
16-02-2010, 09:26 PM
There are plenty of space behind the 208 pub next the ground. It is Letham though!

Ouch. You'd better be careful, there's at least a couple of "Lethamites" that frequent this board.

If they get wind of that statement ... :take that

I was swithering about popping in for a pint or two at Ian's gaff.

:cheers:

truehibernian
17-02-2010, 12:04 AM
For those heading up tomorrow night, the weather forecast is pretty grim and it may be between -1 and -3 from 6pm onwards :bitchy: Looking forward to heading up though.......fancy a cheeky wee win up there to warm us up.

Lmc2105
17-02-2010, 12:09 AM
For those heading up tomorrow night, the weather forecast is pretty grim and it may be between -1 and -3 from 6pm onwards :bitchy: Looking forward to heading up though.......fancy a cheeky wee win up there to warm us up.

i just hope perth has undersoil heating couldn't be doing with another call off :grr::greengrin

StevieC
17-02-2010, 08:42 AM
i just hope perth has undersoil heating

Jeez, that's a bit fussy is it not?

Surely just the pitch at McDiamid Park would be sufficient?

Joe Baker II
17-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Are tickets produced by (for example) supermarket car parks enforceable?

I was under the impression that they weren't...

May have to check out the difference between Scots and English Law but I understand that legally, they are not fines, but are invoices and must be labelled accordingly. This is a civil matter so unless Tesco have a photograph to prove who parked the car, you can tell them it was not you who was driving it (there is no legal requirement for the registered keeper of the car to disclose driver details) and are not prepared to comment any further.

Also supermarket limits are normally 3 hours, if they suddenly change it to 2 hours when football is on, they might struggle to justify that.

So message is I think that it is fine to park in Tesco.

dangermouse
17-02-2010, 11:32 AM
May have to check out the difference between Scots and English Law but I understand that legally, they are not fines, but are invoices and must be labelled accordingly. This is a civil matter so unless Tesco have a photograph to prove who parked the car, you can tell them it was not you who was driving it (there is no legal requirement for the registered keeper of the car to disclose driver details) and are not prepared to comment any further.

Also supermarket limits are normally 3 hours, if they suddenly change it to 2 hours when football is on, they might struggle to justify that.

So message is I think that it is fine to park in Tesco.

I'm told if the Supermarket has a cafe in it the limit has to be 3 hours.

Joe Baker II
17-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm told if the Supermarket has a cafe in it the limit has to be 3 hours.

It does have a cafe, but otherwise I am unaware of what you are saying.