PDA

View Full Version : Should We Be Off For A Pinau?

Speedway
15-02-2010, 01:49 PM
I notice Pinau has been released from his contract at Genoa and has signed for AS Briochede Pouletgumflaps or someone.

He only got 8 subs appearances at Hibs and to me he looked like he might have been a prospect, with some service from a midfield that didn't exist under Mixu.

Built like a brick outhouse, bit of pace, looked like he had a shot on him. We could use someone like that, especially someone who is still only 21 and has a big club pedigree behind him.

What did you think of our young French Striking Sensation?

truehibernian
15-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Watched him a couple of times in the reserves and to be honest he was hit and miss (literally). Scored some good goals, has pace and strength in abundance, but sometimes lacked composure. Was absolutely wasted by Mixu and deserved a chance in the first team. Have to say though, a fit and willing Benji is by a country mile a far better player, so nah, the gumflaps team can have him speedway.

Jack
15-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I don’t think he did much for us but as you’ve said didn’t get much of a chance. By comparison he’s done even less since he left us and has done nowt but pick up a yellow card in a handful of games!

I think Yogi will have better players in mind to sprinkle his magic dust on.

BEEJ
15-02-2010, 02:04 PM
From our side I think he would make a useful addition to our striking options in the next window to make up for the inevitable summer departures.

However, after his experiences at ER, I doubt that he would want to come back.

Hainan Hibs
15-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Definitely deserved more of a chance. Scored a screamer against Morton in that dreadful game and looked a good prospect in the games I saw him in.

ShanksSaidNo
15-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Never saw enough of him unfortunately.

One things for sure (dont know if anyone can dig out the stats) he certainly banged the goals in for the reserves. This is why i cant understand why we never saw more of him in the first team.

Fleeting appearances as a 10 minute sub doesnt really give a young lad ample time to prove his worth.

However, we aere a bit spoilt in attacking options at the moment and dont think we need another striker.

IWasThere2016
15-02-2010, 02:11 PM
From our side I think he would make a useful addition to our striking options in the next window to make up for the inevitable summer departures.

However, after his experiences at ER, I doubt that he would want to come back.

:agree:

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Definitely deserved more of a chance. Scored a screamer against Morton in that dreadful game and looked a good prospect in the games I saw him in.

Was that no Keenan? His finest moment in a Hibs shirt, IIRC. :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
15-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Was that no Keenan? His finest moment in a Hibs shirt, IIRC. :greengrin

I think they both done it, wait a minute.....

Should we be off for our a Keenan too?:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I think they both done it, wait a minute.....

Should we be off for our a Keenan too?:greengrin

lol

IIRC (and mind my age) but I thought Pinau came on late in that game and threatened to change it. He looked good, but I don't remember him scoring.

Hainan Hibs
15-02-2010, 04:42 PM
lol

IIRC (and mind my age) but I thought Pinau came on late in that game and threatened to change it. He looked good, but I don't remember him scoring.

Just checked youtube to make sure dementia wasn't setting in at the age of 20 for me:greengrin. He got the 3rd goal for us, wasn't much of a screamer though, just side footed it into the postage stamp:greengrin

LaMotta
15-02-2010, 04:42 PM
lol

He put us 3-2 up in extra time at the Dunbar end. Good strike it was.

007 Mickey Weir
15-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Whatever happened to Keenan??

Sir David Gray
15-02-2010, 06:23 PM

Now playing for South Melbourne.

TheMentalHibees
15-02-2010, 06:25 PM

He was ***** and got emptied.

truehibernian
15-02-2010, 06:52 PM
This may be a tumbleweed moment, but Joe Keenan was not actually that bad a footballer, and coupled with the fact that Mixu tended to go for a 5-0-5 formation, bypassing what normal teams call a midfield, I think any midfielder last season tended to look awful. The fact Yogi didn't ship him out until the last days of the window I think showed that he gave him a right good chance. But we had signed Cregg, McBride and Miller by then. Keenan had quite a nice touch but was lightweight.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
15-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Pinau is playing in the French 2nd Division for AC Arles-Avignon. What a beautiful area in which to live. :top marks

hfc rd
15-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Only saw him once against Morton in the cup. Scored a nice goal in extra time, but the less said about that game the better.

HibeeUnderwood
17-02-2010, 09:38 PM
He was ***** and got emptied.

Harsh words :duck:

That goal against Morton was a screamer though :agree:

HibeeUnderwood
17-02-2010, 09:40 PM
I notice Pinau has been released from his contract at Genoa and has signed for AS Briochede Pouletgumflaps or someone.

He only got 8 subs appearances at Hibs and to me he looked like he might have been a prospect, with some service from a midfield that didn't exist under Mixu.

Built like a brick outhouse, bit of pace, looked like he had a shot on him. We could use someone like that, especially someone who is still only 21 and has a big club pedigree behind him.

What did you think of our young French Striking Sensation?

:hahaha:

Judas Iscariot
17-02-2010, 09:44 PM

He's went back to his job in McDonalds on Telford road :agree: