PDA

View Full Version : Europe next season

Jamesie
15-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Can anyone tell me

a) Does the Scottish Cup runner up still qualify for the UEFA Cup if either of the Old Firm wins it;

b) How many UEFA Cup places we're getting this season; and

c) When, respectively, does each qualifier - be it through league or cup - start their campaign?

Jamesie
15-02-2010, 01:40 PM
This is of some assistance:

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s49

Just need to know who fits in and where...

steve75
15-02-2010, 01:44 PM
I believe....

We have 2 CL and 3 Europa

1st 2nd - CL
3rd 4th - Europa

if any any of the above win the scottish, runner up gets europa, otherwise scottish winner gets it.

if scottish is contested between 2 teams already with a european place, 5th gets last spot.

ballengeich
15-02-2010, 02:01 PM
I believe....

We have 2 CL and 3 Europa

1st 2nd - CL
3rd 4th - Europa

if any any of the above win the scottish, runner up gets europa, otherwise scottish winner gets it.

if scottish is contested between 2 teams already with a european place, 5th gets last spot.

I think the runner up only gets a Europa place if the cup winners are in the CL. If 3rd or 4th win the cup they qualify for Europa that way and 5th place gets the last spot.

DC_Hibs
15-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Europa League
15 July & 22 July Second Qualifying Round - 4th place SPL Team
29 July & 5 August Third Qualifying Round - 3rd place SPL team
19 August & 26 August Play off round - Winners Scottish Cup

6 Group Games between 16 Sept & Mid December

5th in league could even get Europa spot depending on who gets to cup final.

Frazerbob
15-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Can anyone tell me

a) Does the Scottish Cup runner up still qualify for the UEFA Cup if either of the Old Firm wins it;

b) How many UEFA Cup places we're getting this season; and

c) When, respectively, does each qualifier - be it through league or cup - start their campaign?

Planning more trips Jamsie? Think I'll need to hold off on Belgrade decision until the Scotland games are finalised and to see if Hibs qualify for Europe.

Sean1875
15-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Europa League
15 July & 22 July Second Qualifying Round - 4th place SPL Team
29 July & 5 August Third Qualifying Round - 3rd place SPL team
19 August & 26 August Play off round - Winners Scottish Cup

6 Group Games between 16 Sept & Mid December

5th in league could even get Europa spot depending on who gets to cup final.
So if 5th place gets a Europa cup spot because the two finalists of the SC are already qualified, does that mean that 3rd place in the league will be placed in the final play off round and 4th in the third play off round?

scoopyboy
15-02-2010, 02:49 PM
So if 5th place gets a Europa cup spot because the two finalists of the SC are already qualified, does that mean that 3rd place in the league will be placed in the final play off round and 4th in the third play off round?

yes.