PDA

View Full Version : Yams Zal is better than Bamba

AugustaHibs
15-02-2010, 11:59 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=68004

Deluded bunch.

Liam89
15-02-2010, 12:05 PM
My blood boils whenever i look on that website so i've stopped. They are so deluded its unreal.. I've got to stop talking about them I feel the anger flowing... :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Part/Time Supporter
15-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Zaliukas isn't a bad player, but I think they may be forgetting that he is also prone to the odd meltdown, usually resulting in him being sent off. The classic example being that one against Falkirk in the cup last year.

Big Frank
15-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Zaliukas is a very good defender IMO.

Whether I would swap Bamba, I'm not too sure.

Bamba will go much further in his career than Zaliukas :agree:

uk3doorsdown
15-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Bamba has been a bit dodge since his return from the ACON

ScottB
15-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Just leave them to get on with it, they can't claim to be better as a group, they can't claim to have better attacking players so this is about the only thing to stop them sitting discussing how good they actually are...

Danderhall Hibs
15-02-2010, 12:31 PM
When we sell bamba in the summer we could buy Zaliukas from them as his replacement. Then we could make a fair assessment of who's better.

Supraninja
15-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Vlad will stick the £20m price tag on him though.

Dibben
15-02-2010, 12:38 PM

Vlad can stick whatever price he wants on him. No-one would pay a 1/10th of that for him. As the squeeze happens, we'll see how much Vlad takes for him.

Will be interesting to see who Bamba plays for next and £ price we get compared to Zal!!!

BH.

ChooseLife
15-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Will be interesting to see who Bamba plays for next and £ price we get compared to Zal!!!

BH.

Caldwell plays for Wigan remember:paranoid:

MountcastleHibs
15-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Next they'll be telling us that the st johnstone reject they signed from Ayr is better than Zouma, Gow, Deeks and Benji...

Don't get me wrong I think Zaliukas is a good player, but not as good as Bamba. Deluded fuds.

Speedway
15-02-2010, 01:41 PM
This is actually a close one. Zaliukas is a decent CH who doesn't have the bombscare moments that Bamba has to anything like the same degree. Then again, he also doesn't have Bamba's athleticism.

I'd go for Bamba because he plays for Hibs. If the players played for the opposite teams however, I'm not sure I'd want Bamba in my side ahead of Zalipukas.

ShanksSaidNo
15-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Some of them actually made good points over there - but the vast majority of them are deluded!

If we could get Bamba concentrating purely on being a big battering ram of a defender then he'd be doing much better. There's no need for some of the risks he takes in and around our box! I think in a round about way he makes Hogg look a lesser player than he actually is as he can leave him exposed at times. (When Hogg had big Jones next to him he looked much more assured.)

"Zal" as they're affectionately calling him over there is an animal with a bad tamper and sh*t name.

That is all

Exiled Hibby
15-02-2010, 03:18 PM
This is actually a close one. Zaliukas is a decent CH who doesn't have the bombscare moments that Bamba has to anything like the same degree. Then again, he also doesn't have Bamba's athleticism.

I'd go for Bamba because he plays for Hibs. If the players played for the opposite teams however, I'm not sure I'd want Bamba in my side ahead of Zalipukas.

Agree re the bombscare moments. His stepover in the 6 yard box yesterday should have cost us a goal - thank god it was only Novo.
If he would only stick to the basics he would go way up in my estimation. Needs to be more John Terry than Rio Ferdinand (but with respect for his mates girlfriends)

whereswallace?
15-02-2010, 05:13 PM
A few of the opinions over there just seem based on the fact that Bamba is a Hibs player.To be honest i couldnt even compare the two,the only game Zaliukas ever stuck out for me was the game when he physically wrestled Rob Jones at every set piece in a game at ER.He does look like a big no nonsense centre half but iv not seen enough of him to judge him.Sol Bamba has all the attributes to be a very very good player,however its his concentration that lets him down some times.There is no doubt though that he is a quality player for us who i have no doubts will play for a Premiership team as he can only get better.

TheMentalHibees
15-02-2010, 05:28 PM
If Lionel Messi played for us, they would try and claim Driver is better. They are deluded fuds, leave them to it.

jgl07
15-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Is he not contracted to Kaunas anyway?

Mibbes Aye
15-02-2010, 06:30 PM
When we sell bamba in the summer we could buy Zaliukas from them as his replacement. Then we could make a fair assessment of who's better.

If we're going to be taking players from the yams (and let's face it, we easily could), would he be near the top of the list?

In truth they have a couple of half-decent players, in defence particularly, but there would be a huge amount of re-education needed (or maybe just education, in some cases).

How football is meant to be played, what a unified dressing-room looks like, what it's like to play for a team that isn't despised and yet also laughed at for their sheer lack of grace, class and dignity. That sort of thing :agree:

I'm not sure if any of their players are up to that sort of leap. Homfc might well have ruined them for other teams :bitchy:

hfc rd
15-02-2010, 10:48 PM
They think they are FC Barcelona, have a squad that is so good to watch and they think Jumbo Jeffries is some sort of Jose Mourinho. Lets just remind them that Stokesy & Deeks have scored more goals put together than the whole Hearts team have this season.

Hibee_Rab
16-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Hanlon is better than both of them put together anyway :wink: