PDA

View Full Version : Question When was the last time the Hibs & Hearts

Wembley67
15-02-2010, 07:55 AM
managers both supported their respective teams?

Sure this has been asked before but can't be assed looking for it :cool2:

Kaiser_Sauzee
15-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Stanton
Blackley
Turnbull
Ormond
Sauzee :greengrin

All supported the Hibees so a fair chance it was in the past 35 years.

cabbageandribs1875
15-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Stanton
Blackley
Turnbull
Ormond
Sauzee :greengrin

All supported the Hibees so a fair chance it was in the past 35 years.

i imagine he means fans when they were younger ? sauzee certainly wasn't and i'm not sure about willie ormond(born in falkirk) or john blackley(born near falkirk) i may be wrong :devil:

Diclonius
15-02-2010, 09:55 AM
It's never happened.

Wembley67
15-02-2010, 11:02 AM
It's never happened.

Really? In 120 years the Hibs manager has never supported Hibs when the Hearts manager has supported Hearts?

Frazerbob
15-02-2010, 11:37 AM
I thought Yogi supported Celtc.

:worms:

:stirrer:

StevieC
15-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Collins - Frail?

:dunno:

Sir David Gray
15-02-2010, 11:47 AM
i imagine he means fans when they were younger ? sauzee certainly wasn't and i'm not sure about willie ormond(born in falkirk) or john blackley(born near falkirk) i may be wrong :devil:

Plenty of Hibbys are Falkirk bairns.

Don't let that fool you! :greengrin

Diclonius
15-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Collins - Frail?

:dunno:

Collins is a Celtic fan.

StevieC
15-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Collins is a Celtic fan.

He may have been before he played for the Hibs but he certainly supports us now .. and will have been a Hibs supporter during his short tenure as manager.

The question is whether Frail is a Jambo .. and whether they both managed at the same time.

lapsedhibee
15-02-2010, 12:38 PM
He may have been before he played for the Hibs but he certainly supports us now .. and will have been a Hibs supporter during his short tenure as manager.

The question is whether Frail is a Jambo .. and whether they both managed at the same time.

Stephen "Fail" Fail appointed caretaker manager (according to the Hearts website, until they found a 'football' manager) on 1st January 2008.

Think JC left ER ten days earlier.

StevieC
15-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Stephen "Fail" Fail appointed caretaker manager (according to the Hearts website, until they found a 'football' manager) on 1st January 2008.

Think JC left ER ten days earlier.

Although Frail was "joint" manager with Anatoly Korobochka prior to that.

Apparently he was born in Glasgow though, and his first senior club was Dundee, so it is probably questionable whether he is a Jambo.

Joe Baker II
15-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Was Bobby Moncur a Hearts fan? If so think he was briefly manager at same time as Ormond managed Hibs.

hibbybrian
15-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Willie MacFarlane (born & Bred Leither signed for Hibs in 1949) and Johnny Harvey (signed for Hearts from Ormiston Primrose in 1932) were managers at the same time - Harvey may have been a Jambo

CalgaryHibs
15-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Willie MacFarlane (born & Bred Leither signed for Hibs in 1949) and Johnny Harvey (signed for Hearts from Ormiston Primrose in 1932) were managers at the same time - Harvey may have been a Jambo

I'm amazed you remember this Brian?

:devil::greengrin

Petrie's Tache
15-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Sandy Jardine and John Blackley. 1986.

Jardine was joint manager with Alex Macdonald.

hibbybrian
15-02-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm amazed you remember this Brian? :devil::greengrin

Who from those days could forget this timeless ditty

:singing:
I love to go a wandering
along old gorgie road
and when I reach tynecastle park
I sing the johnny harvey song

oooooh I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
see them all standing in a row
big ones small ones
every sort of ones
come along and buy them
twopence a go

:greengrin

CalgaryHibs
15-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Who from those days could forget this timeless ditty

:singing:
I love to go a wandering
along old gorgie road
and when I reach tynecastle park
I sing the johnny harvey song

oooooh I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
see them all standing in a row
big ones small ones
every sort of ones
come along and buy them
twopence a go

:greengrin

============
:top marks
:thumbsup:

hibbybrian
15-02-2010, 04:16 PM
To simplify matters, the only Hibs managers I know of who were brought up as Hibs supporters are:

Davy Gordon (possible as he was brought up in Albert Street, but played for Leith Athletic, so not a certainty), Willie MacFarlane & Pat Stanton

heretoday
15-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Tommy Walker - lovely man - Hearts manager in the 60s - had a lot of friends at ER - he was a Hearts player in the 30s and 40s.

Pat Stanton?

Wembley67
15-02-2010, 05:44 PM
So not really any closer to an answer or have I overlooked someones post...

hfc rd
15-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Yogi - Hibs
JJ - yams

IberianHibernian
15-02-2010, 10:51 PM
If it`s happened in last 50 years probably including assistant managers ( Jardine at Hearts , O`Rourke at Hibs - was he not full or joint full manager for a while ? ) : May be more chance of Hibernian - supporting manager at Tynecastle at same time as Hearts fan in charge at Hibs . Believe John Hagart was a Hibs fan but that was probably at time of Turnbull ( neither Hibs nor Hearts fan ) and as Ormond didn`t support either Edinburgh team but managed both that rules a lot of other possible combinations out too . Billy Brown is said to have supported Hibs too but has never been first team manager at Hearts I don`t think . After Pat Stanton resigned first time were Jimmy O`Rourke ( Hibs fan ) and George Stewart ( Hibs fan or Hearts fan according to what you read /heard at the time ) not in charge for a while so maybe we had a Hibernian/Hearts management team .