PDA

View Full Version : Yams Tom English sure has it in for 'em

Alicky Ranks
14-02-2010, 10:05 PM
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/tom-english/Tom-English-39Not-for-the.6070777.jp (http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/tom-english/Tom-English-39Not-for-the.6070777.jp)

The latest wholly justified attack on the PBS dwellers. Sock it to 'em Tom!

greenlex
14-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Lovin his work. :agree:

Bishop Hibee
14-02-2010, 10:18 PM
That Glasgae based paper The Hibsman :grr: ........hud on.......:greengrin

Mag7
14-02-2010, 10:23 PM
I love how the yams claim not to care about what Tom English writes yet you can always guarantee well over 100 replies to his articles about them as well as a heavily subscribed thread on kickback about it. The problem is they have no real comeback on his comments as he's always spot on with what he writes about them!

BEEJ
14-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Ever since an elderly Jambo came thundering into this newspaper's office demanding that "the balloon English come down and face me like a man", this column has had a testy relationship with the Hearts faithful. He may have been objecting to me calling a section of the Hearts support half-dead zombie freaks, but it was hard to tell because the old boy was spluttering a bit. Safe to say that there's no love lost there. Frankly, they misunderstand me. This space has admiration for Hearts' ability to keep us entertained with bizarre and self-defeating happenings.
:faf:

:top marks

jacomo
14-02-2010, 11:07 PM
In response to the view that Hearts are a laughing stock, a loyal Jambo fights back with this:

"Laughing stocks" don't have War Memorials.

Anyone who uses a memorial to fallen soldiers to try and win an argument about their football club deserves to be laughed at mercilessly.

What a pompous little windbag.

Green'nWhite
14-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Lovin his work..

"If there's ever a fly-on-the-wall documentary made at Tynecastle – pity the fly" :faf:

RickyS
14-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Lovin his work..

"If there's ever a fly-on-the-wall documentary made at Tynecastle – pity the fly" :faf:

Tom English - You Da Man

as I said to a Yam yesterday, nae **** likes youz and we cant all be ferkin wrong can we:jamboak:

1875er
15-02-2010, 06:22 AM
In response to the view that Hearts are a laughing stock, a loyal Jambo fights back with this:

Anyone who uses a memorial to fallen soldiers to try and win an argument about their football club deserves to be laughed at mercilessly.

What a pompous little windbag.

I had to read that twice..... what a phanny!!!

AugustaHibs
15-02-2010, 07:42 AM
"Nade vs Black, Jose vs JJ, Driver vs the abacus, Vlad vs the world. The Jambos are right. Theirs is a truly extraordinary club." :faf:

KerPlunk
15-02-2010, 10:07 AM
:tin hat: Mildly amusing schoolboy doggerel that no doubt enabled a good few Hibbies to chuckle their way through breakfast. However, if Tom English is a "journalist", then I'm a :redindian:. There have been funnier and better crafted pieces lampooning the Herts on here and the Bounce and I'm sure that talentless imposters such as TE get most of their nuggets from fan sites anyway.

Everyone knows that Vlad is running Hearts into the ground , he has been ever since the sacking of Burley and yes, it is as funny as hell if you like serious doses of schadenfreude with your bacon rolls.

However, it would serve Mr. English, his rapidly deteriorating newspaper and the general good of Scottish football if the 4th Estate could perhaps put their efforts into a serious piece as to why one of our major football clubs is being allowed to wither on the vine whilst it's "majority shareholder" (love that misnomer) and his companies feed on the decaying carcass.

When Campbell Ogilvie was at Reich XI, he was feted as "one of the most able football administrators in Britain", regularly quoted in the papers and given the easiest of rides from a generally fawning Weegia. Since he decamped to Tynecastle, he has overseen the Yams stumble from one crisis to another and presumably unable to counter the dictats that emanate from Lithuania regarding the running of the club. AFIAK, Ogilvie has never given an interview since taking the Vlad shilling and no journo appears willing to criticise his tenure. Why not ? :confused:

When Mercer tried to kill Hibs, the fans were instrumental in ensuring the club's survival. The Hearts fans seem frozen with inertia - WHY ? Perhaps Mr. English could write a piece on this phenomenon.

The 10 or so managers / DoF's / chief execs. that Vlad has hired and fired in the last 5 years may have something to say (yes, yes, confidentiality agreements, but where there's a will...) Get onto it, TE.

It is great being a Hibbie ATM, the team are doing well, Yogi is a media darling and it's all positive down at ER. Easy work for the scribblers. However,very soon, a major football club is going to go to the wall - could be Pompey, could be Cardiff but I hope it isn't Hearts and journalists, even those of limited "talent" such as Mr. English, should remember this instead of putting the boot in when a club is struggling. (That is our job, Tom.)

Rant over. :tin hat:

Part/Time Supporter
15-02-2010, 10:10 AM
:tin hat: Mildly amusing schoolboy doggerel that no doubt enabled a good few Hibbies to chuckle their way through breakfast. However, if Tom English is a "journalist", then I'm a :redindian:. There have been funnier and better crafted pieces lampooning the Herts on here and the Bounce and I'm sure that talentless imposters such as TE get most of their nuggets from fan sites anyway.

Everyone knows that Vlad is running Hearts into the ground , he has been ever since the sacking of Burley and yes, it is as funny as hell if you like serious doses of schadenfreude with your bacon rolls.

However, it would serve Mr. English, his rapidly deteriorating newspaper and the general good of Scottish football if the 4th Estate could perhaps put their efforts into a serious piece as to why one of our major football clubs is being allowed to wither on the vine whilst it's "majority shareholder" (love that misnomer) and his companies feed on the decaying carcass.

When Campbell Ogilvie was at Reich XI, he was feted as "one of the most able football administrators in Britain", regularly quoted in the papers and given the easiest of rides from a generally fawning Weegia. Since he decamped to Tynecastle, he has overseen the Yams stumble from one crisis to another and presumably unable to counter the dictats that emanate from Lithuania regarding the running of the club. AFIAK, Ogilvie has never given an interview since taking the Vlad shilling and no journo appears willing to criticise his tenure. Why not ? :confused:

When Mercer tried to kill Hibs, the fans were instrumental in ensuring the club's survival. The Hearts fans seem frozen with inertia - WHY ? Perhaps Mr. English could write a piece on this phenomenon.

The 10 or so managers / DoF's / chief execs. that Vlad has hired and fired in the last 5 years may have something to say (yes, yes, confidentiality agreements, but where there's a will...) Get onto it, TE.

It is great being a Hibbie ATM, the team are doing well, Yogi is a media darling and it's all positive down at ER. Easy work for the scribblers. However,very soon, a major football club is going to go to the wall - could be Pompey, could be Cardiff but I hope it isn't Hearts and journalists, even those of limited "talent" such as Mr. English, should remember this instead of putting the boot in when a club is struggling. (That is our job, Tom.)

Are we talking about Hearts or Rangers here?

:greengrin

KerPlunk
15-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Are we talking about Hearts or Rangers here?

Errm..........fair point, P/TS. :greengrin

jacomo
15-02-2010, 11:00 AM

Investigative journalism is dying. The Scotsman can't afford to send someone over to Lithuania to dig around for a few weeks, so they just have to try and guess what Vlad's up to, like the rest of us.

TBF, I think Tom English is a good writer, hired to do opinion pieces, not spade work.

As for Hearts, clearly the club is in trouble, but - as with Pompey and the others - the only thing that will save them is the fans. If they aren't interested in doing anything about the situation, then there's not much the rest of us can do except laugh at them.

Hainan Hibs
15-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Anything that gets the Yam's foaming at the mouth in rage is a good read for me:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
15-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I quite like this Yam's irony bypass.

True to form please dont respond,he has an agenda and if you reply he gets more money let this be the last post true Jambos as it should be for a failed wind up.Balance is not a concept he would understand he is so unbalanced bring on the monkey nuts,Vlad was right.Good night.
JT for life.

Don't tell them your name Pike!

Mag7
15-02-2010, 03:28 PM

Why do you hope that? It would be great if they went to the wall. They bring nothing of benefit to the world.

Jim44
15-02-2010, 03:38 PM
I'd forgotten the story about the EPL manager and the sauna parlour. I didn't know it was allegedly good old Avram, Vlad's pal. I must lead a sheltered life. :greengrin

Big Frank
15-02-2010, 05:03 PM

Top post ker plunk, and some very good points regarding the weejia and quite shocking state of journalism in Scotland.

I do take you to task on the part in bold however, as if the skanks do fold, the seedier element of their support will piss off to Glasgow and support the huns. Before you know it, the more balanced of their support will follow Edinburghs team, and Hibernian will go from strength to strength. The vast majority of edinburgh / lothian kids will grow up as little greenjerseys. (I know we own the capital already:greengrin)

Pedantic_Hibee
15-02-2010, 07:06 PM
They are quite simply a disgusting club, disgusting from the top right down to the very bottom.

They way the owner and his lackeys go about their business is nothing short of heinous, their treatment of legends, current playing staff, managers, staff and den mothers is borderline illegal.

Their manager is a fat backstabbing disaster who churns out lie after lie, bowing down to his master and spinning his web of deceit to those who care about the club. And once FatJimKnew is forced to leave, he'll be another who's cast aside and treated with disdain by the blind loyal (emphasise the word "loyal", a wee name drop for the bigots there).

Their treatment of Jose Goncalves is disgusting as well; "You're our best player and we know we can make money from you so sign a new deal or we'll scupper your already slim chances of the World Cup and stick you in the stands for 6 months" - "But what about Stewart and TenMenCouldnaeCarry, boss?" - "They're sheeeeeite and nae club in their right mind would pay a sook for them, they're worthless to us so I'm happy for them to play with the other 9 who are less committed to the cause than you".

Their treatment of the fans is utterly disgusting (although most of them deserve it). Can you imagine Rod Petrie telling the shareholders that it's none of their business where £4m+ has went in the accounts, having been swallowed down a drain of registration fees? Can you imagine Rod Petrie s******ing with contempt and telling the brave souls on the floor that he'll just sell £9m players to trade the club out of debt? Nah, me neither.

Never before have a "club" (use the term loosely) and their fans been more deserving of each other however. One look on JKB epitomises the shallow, deluded, spineless outlook of their support. This is a club that is hated by every other club in Scotland for the shameful way they go about their business, yet the fans will say that nobody likes them and they don't care.....remember that the next time you're all foaming at the mouth the next time a journalist tells a few home truths about you. Their levels of delusion, paranoia and misplaced superiority are astounding.

To the poster above who said he doesn't want Hearts to go down the swanny. I respect your opinion, but to counter-balance your viewpoint, the quicker this shameful stain on the capital disappears the better. If they're allowed to continue the way they operate, from owner down to fans, the cancer they're spreading on Scottish football will only increase.

Shut them down and consign them to the bin, any pride and dignity they once had was buried under the seabed the day a brainwashing submariner strolled into town.

Hainan Hibs
15-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Absolute class once again Pedantic.

My feelings exactly too.

1875er
15-02-2010, 07:32 PM
They are quite simply a disgusting club, disgusting from the top right down to the very bottom.

They way the owner and his lackeys go about their business is nothing short of heinous, their treatment of legends, current playing staff, managers, staff and den mothers is borderline illegal.

Their manager is a fat backstabbing disaster who churns out lie after lie, bowing down to his master and spinning his web of deceit to those who care about the club. And once FatJimKnew is forced to leave, he'll be another who's cast aside and treated with disdain by the blind loyal (emphasise the word "loyal", a wee name drop for the bigots there).

Their treatment of Jose Goncalves is disgusting as well; "You're our best player and we know we can make money from you so sign a new deal or we'll scupper your already slim chances of the World Cup and stick you in the stands for 6 months" - "But what about Stewart and TenMenCouldnaeCarry, boss?" - "They're sheeeeeite and nae club in their right mind would pay a sook for them, they're worthless to us so I'm happy for them to play with the other 9 who are less committed to the cause than you".

Their treatment of the fans is utterly disgusting (although most of them deserve it). Can you imagine Rod Petrie telling the shareholders that it's none of their business where £4m+ has went in the accounts, having been swallowed down a drain of registration fees? Can you imagine Rod Petrie s******ing with contempt and telling the brave souls on the floor that he'll just sell £9m players to trade the club out of debt? Nah, me neither.

Never before have a "club" (use the term loosely) and their fans been more deserving of each other however. One look on JKB epitomises the shallow, deluded, spineless outlook of their support. This is a club that is hated by every other club in Scotland for the shameful way they go about their business, yet the fans will say that nobody likes them and they don't care.....remember that the next time you're all foaming at the mouth the next time a journalist tells a few home truths about you. Their levels of delusion, paranoia and misplaced superiority are astounding.

To the poster above who said he doesn't want Hearts to go down the swanny. I respect your opinion, but to counter-balance your viewpoint, the quicker this shameful stain on the capital disappears the better. If they're allowed to continue the way they operate, from owner down to fans, the cancer they're spreading on Scottish football will only increase.

Shut them down and consign them to the bin, any pride and dignity they once had was buried under the seabed the day a brainwashing submariner strolled into town.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

One of the best things I have read on here.. well done sir!

degenerated
15-02-2010, 07:37 PM
i assume they will be reinforcing their boycott of the hibsman over at the knew camp as we speak and talk will be of how this alienation of the 400,000 jamtards will lead to johnston press going out of business.

as johnston press don't own the beano and the racing post i doubt this boycott by a couple of hundred illiterate knuckle draggers on kickback will make one iota of difference to their turnover.

post number 10 on the comments section opens up with "laughing stocks don't have war memorials"

NEWS JUST IN............this one does :hilarious

grunt
15-02-2010, 07:38 PM
:tin hat: Mildly amusing schoolboy doggerel ...

They are quite simply a disgusting club ...

Two really good posts, thanks guys.

johnrebus
15-02-2010, 07:50 PM

:top marks

Deserves better than ten out of ten.

Superb

:jamboak:

Mibbes Aye
15-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Indeed :thumbsup:

I commend your point about the "reg...:faf:,

hud on, regis...:faf:,

wait, hud on, I can say this...:faf:,

naw, I can do this, hud on...:faf:,

right, I'm thinking about something very serious like a family bereavement, I can do this..."registration" :faf:,

hud on, nearly there, "reg" :faf:

:faf: WTF did that money go????????????????

Answers on a postcard please :faf:

1875er
15-02-2010, 08:01 PM
i assume they will be reinforcing their boycott of the hibsman over at the knew camp

ha ha ha brilliant!!:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Iain G
15-02-2010, 08:02 PM
I miss John Penmans' old "Fans with Typewriters" column in the Scotsman, back in the days when it was a good paper :agree:

Mag7
15-02-2010, 08:25 PM
I noticed a guy standing at traffic lights today with his two wee boys, both wearing Hearts waterproof jackets. It's kids like that who you have to feel sorry for, dragooned into a life of supporting that absurd 'club' by a father who simply can't accept they're no longer worthy of his support. At least pre-Vlad you could simply hate Hearts for being Hearts. Back then you grudgingly accepted that they were an integral part of Scottish football. These days, however, what exists up Gorgie way is no longer worthy of a place in the Scottish leagues. It's a sham of an organisation, not even a shadow of what was once Heart of Midlothian FC. Sure, they play at the same ground and wear the same colours but nobody seriously regards them as a bona fide football club. The soul of what was once there was ripped out long ago. As previous posters have noted, though, you can't feel too sorry for the fans because a large chunk of them simply refuse to open their eyes and see what's in front of them. Romanov should have been run out of town before he got even a finger-tip hold on the club. Now it's too late. Sod the myth perpetuated by the likes of snivelling desperadoes like Foulkes, Deans et al that the club was heading for oblivion under the Pie Man. They only say that to cover up the fact that it was they who welcomed Romanov, like a grim reaper, into the fold. Hearts, under Romanov, have been far more thoroughly extinguished than they ever could have been under Robinson.

Saorsa
15-02-2010, 08:43 PM

Shut them down and consign them to the bin, any pride and dignity they once had was buried under the seabed the day a brainwashing submariner strolled into town.http://xs.to/image-4F80_4B79BF16.gif

Ryan91
15-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Let's face facts, if the Pie Man was still there, they would still be utter gash, but at least they wouldn't be up to their eyeballs in debt, spending beyond their means, they may even have players at the club who would want to play for Hearts for reasons other than getting paid a ridiculous salary. They'd no longer have tynie but the club would still have a bit of soul left in there.

jgl07
15-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Let's face facts, if the Pie Man was still there, they would still be utter gash, but at least they wouldn't be up to their eyeballs in debt, spending beyond their means, they may even have players at the club who would want to play for Hearts for reasons other than getting paid a ridiculous salary. They'd no longer have tynie but the club would still have a bit of soul left in there.
But Hearts under the Pieman were up to their eyeballs in debt.

You can trace it all back to Wallace Mercer who screwed Robinson and Dean big time when he sold out. This is overlooked by the deluded ones who treat Mercer as a folk hero and Robinson as the villain. That is strange since Mercer was persona no grata with the Hearts' support in his latter years there.

Hearts since the Mercer era have continued to spend beyond their means for the sake of two SC wins and a handful of third place finishes.

They are attempting to continue this by paying Goncalves silly money in the hope that they can get a big payday in the close season.

They will be getting their reward for this profiligence in due course.

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Another fantastic post from Pedantic Hibby. The only thing I'd argue with is the idea that they were this once proud institution who had some kind of dignity. The truth is they were always a bunch of slavering, forelock-tugging snobs, just waiting for someone to bend them over. I think they are perversely delighted now, as the only seem to be at their best when they are totally miserable.

heretoday
16-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Dont agree DBS. I think that is a frightful slur. In the 60s and before Hearts were a great club and there were good relations between ourselves and them - "no question" as they say nowadays.

Don't let the hatred that is common now influence your normally excellent posts, please.

Nando™
16-02-2010, 12:14 AM
I agree.

Nando™
16-02-2010, 12:18 AM

Absolutely fantastic post.

Phil D. Rolls
16-02-2010, 07:33 AM
But Hearts under the Pieman were up to their eyeballs in debt.

You can trace it all back to Wallace Mercer who screwed Robinson and Dean big time when he sold out. This is overlooked by the deluded ones who treat Mercer as a folk hero and Robinson as the villain. That is strange since Mercer was persona no grata with the Hearts' support in his latter years there.

Hearts since the Mercer era have continued to spend beyond their means for the sake of two SC wins and a handful of third place finishes.

They are attempting to continue this by paying Goncalves silly money in the hope that they can get a big payday in the close season.

They will be getting their reward for this profiligence in due course.

Mercer bought the club when they were in deep doo doo, after his time in charge they were in the same position. I think Hearts problems stretched back to the early sixties or late fifties.

Certainly, by the time Tom Hart was ploughing cash into Hibs, Hearts were in a sorry state. I think it's this period where the real Hearts bitterness stems from. They had once been the big boys, and now they had to watch while the wee team played at a different level from them, competing for the league title and playing in Europe every year.

Fan power reared its head around about 1980, and that's when they started asking for a new board, and approach. In all their tales of successive tin pot regimes, the Yams always forget to mention the role played by their officious, semi masonic, supporters groups.

I'm afraid it's been a classic example of barrack room lawyers, thinking that they had a say in things they knew ***** all about. If they did know what they were on about, how the hell did they ever let Sir Vlad take over their ******ing sewer of a club?

It's time the Yam on the street turned on these little clerks who have had such a big influence on what's happened to their club. The Federation, the G8 etc etc etc should be tried for war crimes.

(This is how I remember it anyway. It would be great if I had some real facts to back all this up,but I'm no historian).

Kato
16-02-2010, 08:54 AM
However far back their problems go there is a large section of the Hearts support who are have very angry tempraments. My first Hibs Hearts game was around 1968 and I remember a guy walking up Easter Road after the game spitting at anyone wearing green, I'll never forget the look on his ruddy maroon pan and see it on a lot of Jambo faces to this day.

We all know (a few) decent Jambo's but the section who "lose it" easily are coming to the fore again. This reaches a pretty good point as they start lashing out at each other to the point of full-blown fisticuffs and polis action. During some late 70's/early 80's derbies it was a great highlight watching those dumb-asses punching lumps out of each other. I'm hoping for a bit of that before Vlad pulls the plug.