PDA

View Full Version : 12 Point Swing

allmodcons
14-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Had we beaten Rangers twice instead of losing twice we'd only be 3 points off the top of the league with a game in hand!!

I'm clutching at straws here I know, but think it shows how well we've done this season - 2 games being the difference between 3rd place and us seriously challenging at the top of the table.

Lots to be happy about IMO, especially as 'we are a work in progress'.:agree:

weonlywon6-2
14-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Had we beaten Rangers twice instead of losing twice we'd only be 3 points off the top of the league with a game in hand!!

I'm clutching at straws here I know, but think it shows how well we've done this season - 2 games being the difference between 3rd place and us seriously challenging at the top of the table.

hadnt looked at it that way,youve got a good point though.

disappointed with todays result but not hacked off.

keep up the good work guys !!:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 09:26 PM

Plus if we had beaten them instead of drawing 1-1 we would be level on points with a game in hand. :wink:

In fact I am going to stick my neck on the line and suggest that had we won all our games we would be sitting at the top of the league right now. :agree:

If Only
14-02-2010, 09:30 PM

If ma aunty had baws she would be my uncle!!!!!!!

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 09:34 PM

I have been waiting on someone saying that since this thread started and quite rightly so. If only eh. :agree:

allmodcons
14-02-2010, 09:37 PM

Very clever, not !!

Read my post, said I was probably clutching at straws.

Just trying to look for some positives, but often best not to this board.

2 games - 12 point swing. Think what you will. It's a fact and shows we're moving in the right direction.

col02
14-02-2010, 09:38 PM
As the Huns put it that is why they are champions. That said the giant strides made by Hibs this season should be appreciated more than some Hibs fans have done so. Rangers to my mind are the most balanced team we have played in the Spl this season and are a better team than Celtic who are good going forward but awful in defence. I think we have now been soundly beaten twice by the Champions in waiting.

Prof. Shaggy
14-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Very clever, not !!

Read my post, said I was probably clutching at straws.

2 games - 12 point swing. Think what you will. It's a fact and shows we're moving in the right direction.

I agree. The only difference between us and Rangers this season, points-wise, is ther head-to-heads.
A reason to be cheerful.

allmodcons
14-02-2010, 09:39 PM
I have been waiting on someone saying that since this thread started and quite rightly so. If only eh. :agree:

Why didn't you say it.

Has you're auntie got your bas.

If Only
14-02-2010, 09:39 PM
very clever, not !!

Read my post, said i was probably clutching at straws.

if only

ancient hibee
14-02-2010, 09:43 PM
We played today against a team full of internationalists and although eventually outplayed were not disgraced.We must try to get into the box more.Holding onto the ball is very laudable but sometimes it's better to take a chance.

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Why didn't you say it.

Has you're auntie got your bas.

:agree: Now that's what you would call a swing.

allmodcons
14-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Plus if we had beaten them instead of drawing 1-1 we would be level on points with a game in hand. :wink:

In fact I am going to stick my neck on the line and suggest that had we won all our games we would be sitting at the top of the league right now. :agree:

You're missing the point. Read post by Prof ****gy. Only difference between us and likely champions (Rangers) this season has been the last 2 head to head encounters and, if you read my original post, you'll see I said I was probably clutching at straws in order to say something positive about the season so far.

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 09:56 PM
You're missing the point. Read post by Prof ****gy. Only difference between us and likely champions (Rangers) this season has been the last 2 head to head encounters and, if you read my original post, you'll see I said I was probably clutching at straws in order to say something positive about the season so far.

I know what you're trying to say but it's a bit like saying if we had scored twice against Livi instead of them scoring against us then we would have lifted the cup. :agree:

Anyway today's defeat may remind people that our aim this season is 3rd and not 1st or 2nd. Anything better than 3rd will be a massive bonus.

I know you're clutching at straws.

allmodcons
14-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I know what you're trying to say but it's a bit like saying if we had scored twice against Livi instead of them scoring against us then we would have lifted the cup. :agree:

Not at all completly different scenario. We're talking 24 games into a season here. Just trying to say something positive instead of usual posts about how Gow was poor or Bamba should be dropped or Hughes got his tactics wrong. The board is unbelieveably downbeat at times.

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Not at all completly different scenario. We're talking 24 games into a season here. Just trying to say something positive instead of usual posts about how Gow was poor or Bamba should be dropped or Hughes got his tactics wrong. The board is unbelieveably downbeat at times.

Well if it helps I'm a happy clapper only second to BlackpoolHibs. :greengrin

allmodcons
14-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Well if it helps I'm a happy clapper only second to BlackpoolHibs. :greengrin

Makes me feel much better thanks.

I've not been posting on the board for long, but understand that Blackpool Hibs is coming round to seeing things in a more positive light!

Mike777
14-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Did someone on here put a serious amount of money on for hibs to get 2nd place?

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Makes me feel much better thanks.

I've not been posting on the board for long, but understand that Blackpool Hibs is coming round to seeing things in a more positive light!

:agree: According to one of my reliable sources Blackppol and Macar have made up and gone out for a romantic Valentines dinner. :greengrin

matty_f
14-02-2010, 10:48 PM
:agree: According to one of my reliable sources Blackppol and Macar have made up and gone out for a romantic Valentines dinner. :greengrin

A slap-up meal, surely.:greengrin

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 10:50 PM
A slap-up meal, surely.:greengrin

:thumbsup: :slipper::slipper:

:singing: "You don't bring me slippers anymore" :singing:

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Re. the "work in progress".

Whilst true the reality has been in recent seasons - since Mowbray - that we've always been work in progress - continually "in transition".

Now it will be interesting to see where Yogi takes us. I hope he does stay for 5 years and build a legacy.

However even Yogi is pragmatic enough to say that we will still need to sell. To me I see that we'll probably not have players of this quality (esp. Stokes, Miller) for at most 2 seasons possibly only one.

Therein the frustration lies. You know you're on to something then its taken away.

So the question will be will Yogi be able reach a point where he's taken us where his vision is or will his progress be stifled as key parts of the jigsaw puzzle are dismantled as in previous seasons.

Makes you wonder what he could have done with the time Mixu had with the likes of Fletch...