PDA

View Full Version : McBride injury - out for at least one week (merged)

Wull
14-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Confused why McBride was only sub and how bad is his injury?:confused:
Cummon Wednesday same as 1st half and we back on the road:thumbsup:

Allant1981
14-02-2010, 06:15 PM
was shocked myself, i still think it was the wrong team today but hopefully things are back to normal on wednesday

GlesgaeHibby
14-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Confused why McBride was only sub and how bad is his injury?:confused:
Cummon Wednesday same as 1st half and we back on the road:thumbsup:

Having watched him hobble off I doubt he'll be fit for Wednesday. Looked in a lot of pain.

Would love him to make it though!

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I think it's an ongoing thing, depending on how much pain the loose bit of bone in his ankle is causing. It wasn't properly fixed by the previous period out.

Allant1981
14-02-2010, 06:45 PM
I think it's an ongoing thing, depending on how much pain the loose bit of bone in his ankle is causing. It wasn't properly fixed by the previous period out.

surely though the clubs medical people should have checked him out before he kicked a ball again, might have done more harm

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 06:47 PM
surely though the clubs medical people should have checked him out before he kicked a ball again, might have done more harm

detailed article about it (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Kevin-McBride-could-have-been.5969197.jp)

There's nothing they can do, an injection won't help nor will opening it up

Cool_Hand_Luke
14-02-2010, 06:53 PM

I thought it looked like a different injury today - perhaps a groin strain - with the way he walked off :dunno:

crash
14-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Confused why McBride was only sub

Would think it was because he had a nightmare against Montrose and followed it up with an equally poor showing against Aberdeen. Hooked for Zemmama in both matches.

Allant1981
14-02-2010, 07:20 PM
detailed article about it (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Kevin-McBride-could-have-been.5969197.jp)

There's nothing they can do, an injection won't help nor will opening it up

Not a doctor by any means but it seems strange if its a bone problem that they cant operate on it and if he has had this problem for years then why wasnt it picked up in his medical before he signed. He has been a cracking player since he signed but this type of injury might keep him out of important games and could cost us points

HamiltonHibee
15-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Should K McBride even been on the bench today?

He was carrying an injury and why would Yogi consider putting him on with 7 minutes to go when 2-0 down due to the fact he has been playing the holding role all season, what was he hoping to achieve.

We could have lost our player of the year so far (IMO) for possibly 3-4 weeks at a crucial point in the season when we could be doing with a healthy KMcB to allow LM etc to go and try get valuable points.

Any opinions?

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-02-2010, 01:10 AM
:agree:

Riordans Boots
15-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Sadly he seems to be injury prone.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-rule-out-injured-Kevin.6071968.jp

CallumLaidlaw
15-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Dunno if I'd class him as injury prone. He seemed to get his studs caught in the ground yesterday.

Diclonius
15-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Time for Yogi to make a backup defensive midfielder a priority for next season. Real shame.

Petrie's Tache
15-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Time for Yogi to make a backup defensive midfielder a priority for next season. Real shame.

Someone like Sean Welsh?

MyJo
15-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Stick Bamba in as defensive midfield and let Hoggy and Hanlon team up in defence :agree:

CapitalHibs
15-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Stick Bamba in as defensive midfield and let Hoggy and Hanlon team up in defence :agree:

Absolutely:agree:

ahibby
15-02-2010, 01:58 PM
It could have been that his studs got caught but no-one else managed that in ninety minutes. I fear perhaps a weakness somewhere (maybe his ankle) gave way at a bad time causing the apparent stretch and collapse, but maybe no.

BoltonHibee
15-02-2010, 02:08 PM

Not a bad shout, strengthens us in midfield but weakens the defense with Hogg IMO a bit.

Petrie's Tache
15-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Not a bad shout, strengthens us in midfield but weakens the defense with Hogg IMO a bit.

Thought Hanlon played well in there with Bamba on Sunday and could do well with Hogg also.

BoltonHibee
15-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Thought Hanlon played well in there with Bamba on Sunday and could do well with Hogg also.

I thought Hanlon did really well, looks more comfortable there than at fullback. I guess thats Hanlons true position though (CB)

I've never been a great fan of Hogg in all honesty, and thought he was poor yesterday at RB.

Hanlon and Bamba for me, although Bamba was brilliant last year in midfield..

Reaper
15-02-2010, 05:34 PM
:boo hoo:

Shame! I think he's made a difference.

HamiltonHibee
15-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Would not say he is injury prone and as for bamba in midfield dont think he is capable of holding the midfield like KMcB and dont think he has the discipline to do the simple things and let others around him grab all the headlines. It is a really ugly job to do in there and there are not many better at it than McBride IMO and sol from time to time tends to think he is franz beckenbauer, he tried a dummy in his own 6 yard box FFS