PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller - Contract Extension?

camhibby1
14-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Missed first half of the game as I was working but driving home listening to David Begg's commentary he mentioned that Liam Miller wants to extend his contract with Hibs; Craig Patterson also mentioned it. Obviously delighted but has anyone else heard this?

3pm
14-02-2010, 05:20 PM
I think Liam Miller is a fantastic player....when he wants to be.

I still don't think he is doing enough for the talent he posesses but I do concede that I am in the minority on that one. I am led to believe that there may be other issues that have held Miller back and it is the reason he has dropped down a level or two and is now plying his trade with us and if he can get them sorted it will improve his game / consistency.

However, I think if we could get him to sign a contract extension at this stage it would send out a statement of intent as football club. It'd be a great move.

matty_f
14-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Missed first half of the game as I was working but driving home listening to David Begg's commentary he mentioned that Liam Miller wants to extend his contract with Hibs; Craig Patterson also mentioned it. Obviously delighted but has anyone else heard this?

If Miller wants to extend his contract then we should do absolutely everything possible to make it happen. The guy's been outstanding for us for the majority of the season.:thumbsup:

cyber8
14-02-2010, 05:51 PM
I think Liam Miller is a fantastic player....when he wants to be.

I still don't think he is doing enough for the talent he posesses but I do concede that I am in the minority on that one. I am led to believe that there may be other issues that have held Miller back and it is the reason he has dropped down a level or two and is now plying his trade with us and if he can get them sorted it will improve his game / consistency.

However, I think if we could get him to sign a contract extension at this stage it would send out a statement of intent as football club. It'd be a great move.

:agree::agree::agree:

:notworthy:

allmodcons
14-02-2010, 06:24 PM
We should get him signed up on a longer contract asap.

He's a top quality SPL central midfield player. Never hurried by opposition, works hard to retrieve possession and, most importantly in his position, always has his head up when he's on the ball looking for a team mate.

His touch and ability to pick out a pass are what sets him apart from most other central midfield players in the SPL.

Get him signed up long term asap.

Shrekko
14-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I'd like it established that anything actually was said about this.

No disrespect to the OP but I wish I had a penny for every thread started on hibs.net due to a comment being misconstrued on the tv or radio.

If he is genuinely interested in extending the board would have to be off their heads to not do everything in their power for it to happen- he is a fantastic Hibs player.

3pm
14-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Does anyone think a sending off is round the corner for Miller? He seems to lose the head a bit when he is on the end of a tackle. He kicked McCulloch the day and he could have been off on Wednesday night against the 'Mick Jaggers' rather than getting a yellow.

I am all for a bit of passion but it needs to be controlled as well.

random sub
14-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Hope this is true- he is just what our team has been needing for the last two years- a composed, mobile and quick passing midfielder not afraid get stuck in and help his team mates out by being receptive for the pass in tight situations. Miller is fantastic.

Holmesdale Hibs
14-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Hope so. We need to do everything we can to sign him, Stokes and Murray up asap.

hibsboy90
14-02-2010, 06:47 PM
You can have miller or murray - choose?

:wink::cool2:

Holmesdale Hibs
14-02-2010, 07:04 PM

Dunno. Tough one. Would say 1) Stokes 2) Murray 3) Miller but there's little between them.

Irish Al 2
14-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I'd like it established that anything actually was said about this.

No disrespect to the OP but I wish I had a penny for every thread started on hibs.net due to a comment being misconstrued on the tv or radio.

I heard this on the radio before the game. The comment was along the lines of that he feels he's made his money and just wants to play a regular game, so is looking to extend his deal with Hibs.

Al

camhibby1
14-02-2010, 07:08 PM
David Begg and Craig Patterson not only mentioned this - they had a conversation - it was during the first half when Miller was alleged to have had an altercation with Lee McCullogh and David Begg went on to say that Miller has made his money and he now wants to play and enjoy his football and he wants to do this at Hibs. Sorry i can't get the original commentary up for you - I was in my car but it was Miller and no-one else he was talking about - it could not have been clearer.

hibs0666
14-02-2010, 07:14 PM

Miller by a country mile.

Shrekko
14-02-2010, 07:16 PM
David Begg and Craig Patterson not only mentioned this - they had a conversation - it was during the first half when Miller was alleged to have had an altercation with Lee McCullogh and David Begg went on to say that Miller has made his money and he now wants to play and enjoy his football and he wants to do this at Hibs. Sorry i can't get the original commentary up for you - I was in my car but it was Miller and no-one else he was talking about - it could not have been clearer.

Cheers :wink:

TBH I was just a bit surprised nobody had posted about it earlier.

It's very good news, assuming Begg and Patterson are correct. He's up there amongst the best I've seen at Hibs and as long as he's still playing international football he has all the motivation he needs to keep doing the business.

The Harp Awakes
14-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Will be a great boost if true after today's disappointing result. Miller and Murray extending their stay would put us all in a positive frame of mind ahead of some massive games coming up.

CapitalHibs
15-02-2010, 01:11 AM
This sounds promising...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/stokes-and-miller-in-tune-with-hibernian-rhapsody-2062869.html

Hainan Hibs
15-02-2010, 04:06 AM
I'd probably crack one off if he extended his contract with us:agree:

YehButNoBut
15-02-2010, 06:01 AM
This sounds promising...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/stokes-and-miller-in-tune-with-hibernian-rhapsody-2062869.html (http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/stokes-and-miller-in-tune-with-hibernian-rhapsody-2062869.html)

Great interview, sounds as if they are both very happy at Hibs and living in Edinburgh. Hopefully we will have them here for a good few years yet. :thumbsup:

MoantheCabbage
15-02-2010, 08:23 AM
I hope both of them sign new contracts. Liam Miller is the bestcentre mid player in the league. Stokes is gonna be a 20 goals a season man and thats what hibs strikers should be getting per season

Expecting Rain
15-02-2010, 09:41 AM
It would be a major boost for Hibs if this is true.

HibbyKeith
15-02-2010, 11:22 AM
This sounds promising...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/stokes-and-miller-in-tune-with-hibernian-rhapsody-2062869.html

Liam is staying very close to the city centre as is stokes, ive spoken to liam quite alot over the last 4 months, and he is keen to settle down here, hes enjoying his football and its a good bunch of lads at easter road.

he and his wife are expecting their 3rd child soon so i very much doubt that moving around again especially with young kids, (1 ready for school soon) is high on their agenda.

fantastic player, and one of the nicest guys you could meet, would love it if we managed to get him signed up long term.

sambajustice
15-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Nope, not heard any of that but heard that a Stokes O'Dea swap was on the cards in January but O'Dea pulled out. Also heard that Stokes & Miller to Ra Tic in summer!

Probably a right load of cobblers and I hope so too!! Think we have more chance of keeping Miller than Stokes though!

Jack
15-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Class player who’s been there and done it.

Big success at Celtc but has also seen what its like living among the bile of being on either side of the cheek.

Limited success down south but quids in.

Edinburgh doesn’t have the same intensity as the OF in the Weege. Edinburgh, as Yogi has said, is a great selling point and I’ll be willing to bet he’s not too unhappy with the package Hibs put together for him.

With the circus act across the road that makes Hibs the most attractive club in Scotland to play, Barr none!

So what's not to stay for?

hfc rd
15-02-2010, 09:29 PM

Not heard this before. But I would definately like to see Miller extend his contract. :thumbsup:.

.Sean.
15-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Great read :agree:

Good to see that they already seem to have such a high regard for the club even though they've barely been here six months. Really hope they ere in it for the long haul with us. Important players.

andudare2
16-02-2010, 11:39 AM
i have already posted before on this subject, however to reiterate. i was told through a miller family member that he has never enjoyed his football as much as he is now, wants to stay at hibs, thinks the club is superb. as others have mentioned money would probably been seen as an obstacle but he has made a fair few quid out of the game so perhaps this removes this aspect?:notworthy:

--------
16-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Nope, not heard any of that but heard that a Stokes O'Dea swap was on the cards in January but O'Dea pulled out. Also heard that Stokes & Miller to Ra Tic in summer!

Probably a right load of cobblers and I hope so too!! Think we have more chance of keeping Miller than Stokes though!

This is the sort of thing I've had to listen to for weeks now in Airdrie/Coatbridge.

Miller left Celtic to follow up a better offer at Manchester United. He got dog's abuse from TGFITW - way OTT, including threats of violence of he ever returned to Glasgow. Can't really see him wanting to take his wife and young family back into that hassle.

Stokes might go to Parkhead - the question there is whether, after the recent financial results and the 20% plus downtuen in turnover, Celtic could meet our valuation? Stokes has two full seasons on his contract to go after June. If as seems likely he ends up out top scorer with 20+ goals, Celtic won't be the only club interested, and certainly not the richest. Not if they're really committed to shelling out £1.3 million for Rhobbie Kheane.

And Stokes, like any other player, wants to play. What chance he could sign for Celtic and end up doing a Deek? Stokes can do much better than Celtic if he just has a wee bit patience. And Yogi's the man to make that clear to him.