PDA

View Full Version : post match interviews

blackhibee
14-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I know I'll probably get pelters, but I thought the interviews with BOTH managers were good today. Although I had my doubts when he was first appointed, I think Hughes is an excellent manager with a forward-thinking progressive view of the future of our club. I also thought Smith gave us a fair bit of credit, not the most common thing from an OF manager. Just my opinion though.

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Yogi (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8515200.stm)

Smith (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8515218.stm)

Sas_The_Hibby
14-02-2010, 06:09 PM
I was unsure about Ygi when he came - neither for or against, just not sure how he would work out for us. Have to now say, however, he's looking great for us so far.

Acid test will be next season - can he maintain this form? McLeish had one great season, so did Mowbray. Two great seasons in a row's not something we've really done since the seventies.

madabouthibs
14-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Smith is usually quite complementary towards us to be fair. Yogi is always pretty honest.

Sas_The_Hibby
14-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Smith is usually quite complementary towards us to be fair. Yogi is always pretty honest.

I don't like Smith because of the way he left Scotland in the lurch the minute Rangers came knocking a second time (and I'm not even Scottish!), but, TBF, he's generally fairly honest and respectful in his comments.

Jim44
14-02-2010, 06:35 PM
The fact that he was never a Rangers player, I think, makes him a bit more broadminded in terms of his views on other teams.

tooley
14-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Driving through today, almost crashed the car laughing at the interview Yogi gave on Radio Scotland. Sitting in the car park after the game he was on again, Best interview I have heard for a long time, anyone else hear him?
Well done Yogi!:top marks

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2010, 11:19 PM
"Let me take care of Hibs and look after my own team and let someone else comment on Celtic and Rangers," he added.

Yogi - refreshes the parts that others managers couldn't reach.

down-the-slope
14-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Driving through today, almost crashed the car laughing at the interview Yogi gave on Radio Scotland. Sitting in the car park after the game he was on again, Best interview I have heard for a long time, anyone else hear him?
Well done Yogi!:top marks

after that it may be another 5 years till he gets a cuddle of Mrs H