PDA

View Full Version : NHC Palace v Villa - great action on Virgin Ch 853

Toaods
14-02-2010, 05:19 PM
cracking cup tie - Villa desperate to avoid a replay the week before the 'wee' :greengrin Cup final just gone 2-1 down to a Darren Ambrose screamer of a free kick from (confirmed) 36 yards.

Grandstand finish guaranteed.

AugustaHibs
14-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Bloody brilliant, nearly scored again with a header, wish the atmosphere was like this at ER,

AugustaHibs
14-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Carew should have scored.

AugustaHibs
14-02-2010, 05:32 PM
2-2.

Toaods
14-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Bloody brilliant, nearly scored again with a header, wish the atmosphere was like this at ER,

Selhurst Park's a great stadium...one of the few remaining 'old-fashioned' sorts...great for a real atmosphere. Tremendous effort but I think that'll be their chance gone.

Hibs Class
14-02-2010, 06:02 PM
2-2.

Dreadful decision to give AV the corner from which they equalised.

Toaods
14-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Dreadful decision to give AV the corner from which they equalised.

similar to the Boyd Elbow on Zemmama....not very noticable on teh main camera angle but scandalous decision by the linesman.

Haymaker
14-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Selhurst Park's a great stadium...one of the few remaining 'old-fashioned' sorts...great for a real atmosphere. Tremendous effort but I think that'll be their chance gone.

It may be old fashioned but it is in a dump of an area and their fans tend to be as deluded as Yams! I grew up in the area and the majority of the people I went to school with and know are palace fans, jesus some of the stuff they come out with is crazy! Two palace fans told me in all seriousness that when Warnock took over as manager it was only a matter of time before Warnocks brilliance and Jordans millions would take them into the Champions League... :blah:

Toaods
14-02-2010, 06:31 PM
It may be old fashioned but it is in a dump of an area and their fans tend to be as deluded as Yams! I grew up in the area and the majority of the people I went to school with and know are palace fans, jesus some of the stuff they come out with is crazy! Two palace fans told me in all seriousness that when Warnock took over as manager it was only a matter of time before Warnocks brilliance and Jordans millions would take them into the Champions League... :blah:

and if Jordan spent it - they'd clearly be right. The mighty Villa were largely second best throughout.

stevenson
14-02-2010, 06:33 PM

A wee bit harsh on the locality!

Have just returned from this game. A real cup cracker. Some Palace fans may be deluded but they were magnificent today and vociferous on all sides of the ground. Pity Easter Road can't generate such an atmosphere regularly.

Haymaker
14-02-2010, 07:38 PM
and if Jordan spent it - they'd clearly be right. The mighty Villa were largely second best throughout.

Jordan never had the amount needed to bring them through the CCC and into the EPL let alone top four! Mind you, now they are saying different things about Jordan.

Haymaker
14-02-2010, 07:40 PM
A wee bit harsh on the locality!

Have just returned from this game. A real cup cracker. Some Palace fans may be deluded but they were magnificent today and vociferous on all sides of the ground. Pity Easter Road can't generate such an atmosphere regularly.

Maybe I am biased because I grew up in and around croydon and such areas however IMO the place is a dump. Cant fault the atmosphere they make, nor the stadium itself however.